PDA

View Full Version : Protocol for correcting model inaccuracies in CoD

Flying Pencil
02-14-2011, 06:00 PM
By all appearance Oleg and 1C did a lot of research and due diligence in creating the models, but that does guarantee the models are without errors.

In researching out Luftwaffe bombers I have discovered countless errors in books. Even the best books are rife with mistakes.

More so are simple omissions. Books are limited in pages so a surprising amount of technical material is missing. Manuals for aircraft can easily be 200 pages, often 300+ pages in length, not including weapons, bomb systems, engines, radios, etc.

I want to offer my assistance to weed out those faults to make the most accurate models, mainly with the He-111, Ju-88, and Do-17 aircraft.
Good enough even authors and Wiki will refer to CoD as a reliable source.

Question is, will their be a formal procedure to submit corrections?
Special forum section for discussing those errors?

My resume thus far:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBhGp23NS_shttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlJlOQcDAhEhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUn9N2haoc8

GOA_Potenz
02-14-2011, 07:24 PM
in my opinion this features as moving domes, it's vital in a bomber as gives you the right line of fire in defensive formation, i'm sure that oleg and company
will bring this into the sim, as the betty in Il-2 has such feature in the tail gunner position

Blackdog_kt
02-14-2011, 11:56 PM
in my opinion this features as moving domes, it's vital in a bomber as gives you the right line of fire in defensive formation, i'm sure that oleg and company
will bring this into the sim, as the betty in Il-2 has such feature in the tail gunner position

I think this feature already exists in CoD. In fact, if my memory serves me right i think it can be seen in the IL2:1946 bonus DvD, back when CoD was just going to be a rework of the IL2 engine.

I'm not entirely sure, but i think we've also seen it at work in the current CoD engine, either as part of a video or in a series of screenshots.

julien673
02-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Nice work whit that video ! !

Flying Pencil
02-15-2011, 03:10 AM
Thank you for those positive comments (those that wrote positive comments, that is ;) ).

This is for future work for CoD (bug fixes, accuracy corrections, future additions). I am sure Oleg already did a lot of detailed work on the models, high level of function, but with so many aircraft being made errors can slip by (especially on a deadline).

Working with another game doing bug fixes, I discovered that larger aircraft like bombers are 5 times more complex then a fighter. The model complexity in the virtual world are radically different then in the real world, otherwise CoD would have the Do-17, Wellington, Blen I, and several other multi engine aircraft playable.

With hundreds of CoD players and many aircraft, I was wondering if perhaps a better process of feedback was needed, but it looks for now just post like Jockey says.

Thanks again!

Trooper117
02-15-2011, 08:55 AM
A close look inside any WWII aircraft, with a more detailed explanation of some of its more obscure features on a decent video clip, will help further any enthusiast's interest and knowledge.
I hope you have the chance to get inside other types and submit more little nuggets of info.. very imformative I thought.

KG26_Alpha
02-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Ok

Apologies to those who's posts I have deleted in here, but for the sake of having a discussion without it being flamed on the first page...........

Lets start again.

This time without being rude to the OP.

Were all getting fed up with every thread ending in the gutter.

Sutts
02-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Nice videos Pencil, thanks for posting. Never seen inside an 111 before.