PDA

View Full Version : Skinning in CoD?

Winger
02-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I somewhere read that skinning shall be possible in CoD. Does anyone have more detailed information on how this will work? will the skins be downloaded each time you connect to a server or...?

Thanks

Winger

Troll2k
02-13-2011, 08:22 PM
In 1946 you could make custom skins.However most server hosts had "skin download" turned off as it was a bandwidth hog and caused lag problems.

You could fly with your skin and you would see it but everyone else would see the default skin.

If the host has "skin download" turned on than your skin is downloaded to everyone's machine and they all see what you see.

When IL2 first came out the skins were rather small(512 x 512) and downloading did not create a problem.Where along the line the skins jumped to 1024 x 1024(4 times as big) and this started to create bandwidth problem.

So most sever admins turned it off.

Movie makes keep it turned on.

I have not seen any mention of the skin size in the new Cliff Of Dover.

I read somewhere that you could paint your planes but could not change things like rivets or panel lines.They are locked due to the dynamic weathering effect.

ElAurens
02-13-2011, 09:28 PM
CoD skins will be 2048 x 2048.

Winger
02-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks guys. I hope we get templates that are good to work with. For example like the ones from ROF.

Winger

Richie
02-13-2011, 09:49 PM
I always fly with custom blank skins witch means you still put the in game markings on but instead of having a homely stock skin in your track file you have a great looking custom skin no matter what the settings are in the server.