PDA

View Full Version : CoD - Bf 109 E3 With Sound!

Azimech
02-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Uploaded 20 minutes ago by the same user that uploaded the Hurricane video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K94NQH4W31c

Who is this guy? Is he affiliated with 1C:Maddox Games?

Sounds very good btw!

philip.ed
02-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Whoever he is, he can have a beer on me!

kikque
02-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks Azimech! I hope this guy has some more vids to upload (I'm being a bit greedy):grin:

Winger
02-13-2011, 05:12 PM
this video actually reflects EXACTLY what i was this game expecting to be. Nice sound, awesome graphics. Everything OK!!!!

Winger

Matt255
02-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Still not happy with the fire effect, but other then that's, it looks fine. I like the sounds.

Royraiden
02-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Best video I ve seen so far!!! Im subscribing to his channel right away.

6S.Manu
02-13-2011, 05:16 PM
2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlUTFi3cN00

GnigruH
02-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Great vid, but I find cannon sound quite bizzare.

Qpassa
02-13-2011, 05:46 PM
suscribing

Tree_UK
02-13-2011, 06:14 PM
By far the best Video, the sounds are so much better than in the Hurri Video. Very impressed.

furbs
02-13-2011, 06:17 PM
By far the best Video, the sounds are so much better than in the Hurri Video. Very impressed.

WOW!!! Tree!!!

*Faints* :shock:

Dano
02-13-2011, 06:20 PM

Hehe, suprised you didn't pick up on the odd clipping as he turned over land near the end, hedges and stuff being clipped out directly underneath. Other than that it was a very good video and very nice to see no stuttering, nice dynamic sounds and everything else it showed :)

winny
02-13-2011, 06:27 PM
Very impressed.

Bzzzzt, whiiirrrrrr, beeeep... error, does not compute! ;)

fruitbat
02-13-2011, 06:35 PM
damn, i nearly fell of my chair when i read that tree:-P

BadAim
02-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Almost makes me want to take you off my ignore list again, Tree.

Tacoma74
02-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Wow! I always knew that the game was going to turn out amazing. Just not this amazing!!! :shock::shock:

Letum
02-13-2011, 07:09 PM

What the....:confused:

Coen020
02-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Finally a video showing a crash on land, although i hope this is not final, there were no particles, torn wings, whatsoever, even '46 has that.

Nice find though keep em coming.

Hecke
02-13-2011, 07:26 PM
And the smoke coming out of the wreck is totally taken from '46.
Doesn't fit to the rest which looks awesome. (except the water which looks too repetitive imo)

Strike
02-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Meh.. I've seen two ground impacts and so far, the effects look better, but all of a sudden all the smoke disappears, and we have that black tornado-looking smoke rising from the small crater. No burning debris spread around or fireball moving in the direction of the crash...

Like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG4mCvUfpsk

I'm sorry for the pilot, but I'm just saying there are ways to implement this that aren't too FPS heavy...

Create something that looks like a napalm attack... length depending on speed and angle... instead of an explosion where everything comes from the crater and blows straight up into the air like a fountain...

Other than THAT..

It's looking very very good. Sounds AWESOME. I think cannon sounds are realistic.. anyone who's been in a plane, with a helmet/headset, and having all that engine noise around you, should know that this is probably not far from the real thing..

Graphics are stunning

Tracer smoke looks awesome.

Everything is going to be OK guys! :D

White Owl
02-13-2011, 07:30 PM
Water is repetitive. One wave looks like another because that's just how waves work.

JG53Frankyboy
02-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Whoever he is, he can have a beer on me!

Its Youss , some know him as ROSS_Youss.
Also the man behind IL-2 compare tool originaly. Long time community member

kirq
02-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Wow, it looks very impressive! Everything except engine fire looks aboslutely amazing! I love the sounds!

PS. Thats the kind of vid You should show us on friday updates Guys!

philip.ed
02-13-2011, 07:38 PM

That must confirm that he is BETA testing, then.

Coen020
02-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Water is repetitive. One wave looks like another because that's just how waves work.

I agree, although other things in the sim still have some flaws which have to be flushed out, the water is looking very realistic and should not be changed, atleats not for a while.

Only if computers in the future can have water that deforms if an airplane sinks in it, or if you can water ski behind a plane, should the water be updated.

:cool:

Biggs
02-13-2011, 07:58 PM
the return fire from the bomber sounds identical to the ".303" sfx used in the 1969 film Battle of Britain

dunno how "correct" the sound is tho ;)

Tree_UK
02-13-2011, 08:13 PM
ROSS squadron, I think most online squadrons remember these guys, they were living proof that the game code had been compromised.

T}{OR
02-13-2011, 08:16 PM
ROSS squadron, I think most online squadrons remember these guys, they were living proof that the game code had been compromised.

And you're not the only one saying that.

furbs
02-13-2011, 08:17 PM

How can you be sure it is him?

Defender
02-13-2011, 08:18 PM
the return fire from the bomber sounds identical to the ".303" sfx used in the 1969 film Battle of Britain

dunno how "correct" the sound is tho ;)

That sound is sampled in "The Wall" Pink Floyd album as well :)

109 video...smoke tracers look fantastic. Those cannons are really making a strong case to fly for the Luft....TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK!

respect MY AUTHORITAH!!

sorry lame south park reference ;)

Richie
02-13-2011, 08:18 PM
I think the 109 sounds better than the Hurricane. If it didn't have so much prop "rrrr rrrr rrrr" This is some in cockpit recording from my disk. He gets airborne around 5:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50JXKxMLyUc

Dano
02-13-2011, 08:19 PM

I thought that sounded familiar.

Dano
02-13-2011, 08:20 PM
I think the 109 sounds better than the Hurricane. If it didn't have so much prop "rrrr rrrr rrrr" This is some in cockpit recording from my disk.

I think the Hurricane was flat out the whole time though, understandable seeing as it was a scramble to intercept bombers about thirty seconds out.

Bricks
02-13-2011, 08:27 PM
I think the 109 sounds better than the Hurricane. If it didn't have so much prop "rrrr rrrr rrrr" This is some in cockpit recording from my disk. He gets airborne around 5:20

Thanks for sharing some rather professional recording. Sounds pretty good compared to the original. :cool:

furbs
02-13-2011, 08:31 PM
I think the Hurricane was flat out the whole time though, understandable seeing as it was a scramble to intercept bombers about thirty seconds out.

I seem to remember this is a mission based on a real scramble in BOB...and it recorded the fastest kill of WW2...a hurri shot down a do-17 with the hurris wheels still down.

il do some hunting and try and find more info.

Troll2k
02-13-2011, 08:41 PM
I do not think this is from the Kiev show.

There are no ambient sounds to indicate there was a show going on around them.

Richie
02-13-2011, 08:47 PM
One thing that I think should be kept in is the wind noise I think that's excellent but there's too much prop wind sound....that rrr rrrr rrrr rrrr. Other than that I like it. 601s rev lower than 605s I'm pretty sure.

Biggs
02-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I do not think this is from the Kiev show.

There are no ambient sounds to indicate there was a show going on around them.

and the different computer specs are also a dead giveaway... this comp is slightly more powerful than the ones at the show.

Heliocon
02-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Awesome, this is the video I have been waiting for all along! Very happy with it and it looks great! :grin:

On the crashes: - it looks good but I agree with the sentiment that this type of impact would come from a dive into the ground, not a low angle crash which would be like others said a kind of fireball/rolling fire trail like napalm. But that is something to add in later on and will not spoil the game for me (or anyone I hope) in the meantime.

JG52Uther
02-13-2011, 08:53 PM

I was with this 109 Black 6 today at the RAF museum in London!
I think I am going to spend a lot of time in the ingame 109.

kendo65
02-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Finally a video showing a crash on land, although i hope this is not final, there were no particles, torn wings, whatsoever, even '46 has that.

There is debris - look again - slightly to the right of the main smoke/ flame effect.

House M.D.
02-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Best video I ve seen so far!!! Im subscribing to his channel right away.

Yeah, me too :D
If he knows them, maybe he will show us CoD cheats too, so as to be prepared for online experience. Or...maybe not, some people keep everything for their selves :P

Rodolphe
02-13-2011, 09:54 PM
A sound perception issue with this video ?

To ram that poor Wimpy, this Bf109 starts an boom 'n' zoom attack with a flips over, manoeuvring at a speed of 350 km/h, pulling from the dive, 1000m lower with ~600 km/h showing on the air speed indicator...

... and there is absolutely no changes of frequency, amplitude, intensity of the aerodynamic sound ! :roll:

Notice on this video (p-51), as the speed decreases, how the aerodynamic sound vanishes to let the engine sound roar into the cockpit at the end of this short climb .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNf3UvBl0vA&feature=related

White Owl
02-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah, me too :D
If he knows them, maybe he will show us CoD cheats too, so as to be prepared for online experience. Or...maybe not, some people keep everything for their selves :P

Looked to me like he already turned off realistic gunnery, torque & gyro effects, probably CEM also turned off. Maybe even stalls and spins turned off, looking at how easily he half-looped a hurricane shortly after takeoff.

You want even more cheats than that!?

Props for no icons and leaving the cockpit on, though.

Richie
02-13-2011, 10:07 PM
The stacks on the 109 are down at you feet. It's quieter than that 51 inside. He starts talking about the noise in the cockpit around 1:35. Outside I think DB 109s are noisier than Merlins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48uziQoniI0

ChrisDNT
02-13-2011, 10:13 PM
What is especially impressive in these two videos is the quality of the light : I may still nitpick on the too dark sea or the too vivid green (much better nevertheless), but the rendered light is nothing but amazing !!!

mazex
02-13-2011, 10:31 PM
2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlUTFi3cN00

Yep - Oleg and his guys are pretty much spot on for the inside sound - which unfortunately is not as cool as the outside :)

mazex
02-13-2011, 10:38 PM

I knew you had it in you ;)

Dano
02-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Just listened to it on my headphones, very cool :)

ElAurens
02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
For those that are saying that the 109 sounds "better" than the Hurricane, I will rebut that they sound different, as they should.

The DB 601 displaces 2070.5 cubic inches, while the Merlin has a capacity of 1650 cubic inches. The DB also has a lower compression ratio, and is a lower revving engine as well, so it will sound very different than it's Rolls Royce rival, or the Allison V-1710 for that matter.

;)

furbs
02-13-2011, 11:09 PM
i still like the 109 better :)

Biggs
02-13-2011, 11:14 PM
just spent some time going over the two vids again... the engine "sound" is the same for both planes (the original raw sound if you will).. its just as ElAurens says, the DB 601 sounds is at a lower frequency than the Merlin's.

it looks like 1C took a recording of (im guessing) a russain v12 liquid cooled engine and used it as the base model for the DB's and Merlins.

nothin' wrong with that... just workin' with what they had.

either way, it sounds better than il2's engine thats for sure

winny
02-13-2011, 11:21 PM
it looks like 1C took a recording of (im guessing) a russain v12 liquid cooled engine and used it as the base model for the DB's and Merlins.

nothin' wrong with that... just workin' with what they had.

either way, it sounds better than il2's engine thats for sure

The devs mentioned that is exactly what they did, recorded Russian engine then synthesised it. I can't find the post but they said it was too expensive to fly out to record a Merlin/DB

Biggs
02-13-2011, 11:32 PM
The devs mentioned that is exactly what they did, recorded Russian engine then synthesised it. I can't find the post but they said it was too expensive to fly out to record a Merlin/DB

yeah I know that too.. I mean that's why I typed that.. Luthier said that they didn't have the budget to record actual DBs and Merlins. so they used "Russia aircraft" instead.

Sturm_Williger
02-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Edit: Commenting on IL2 smoke mod that has since been removed.

Hmm, at a distance it looks alright, but up close it looks fake ( to me ). If you pause the video during the closeup shots, you see separate "balls" of smoke. ( 0:32 to 0:40 )

Lol, imagine if some of the CoD update stills had shown discrete "balls" of smoke. The complaints would have melted the internet ;)

Richie
02-14-2011, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post

I'm STUNNED TREE!!! .....I'm printing this ;)

Heliocon
02-14-2011, 01:09 AM
Smoke in the vid looks better or worse depending on distance, to me it seems he turned the smoke into a series of rotating sprites/textures which is kind of smart :P

Btw anyone else notice the LOD for ground shadows popping alittle for the hurricane video? Kinda looks odd.

Royraiden
02-14-2011, 01:40 AM
The IL-2 Mod looks totally fake compared to the COD clip... In all honesty, it looks very fake and way overdone.

Maybe,but I guess it really depends on the size of the fire.

Blackdog_kt
02-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Hehe, suprised you didn't pick up on the odd clipping as he turned over land near the end, hedges and stuff being clipped out directly underneath. Other than that it was a very good video and very nice to see no stuttering, nice dynamic sounds and everything else it showed :)

I saw that too, maybe it's the draw distance or the LOD change is set to a small value.

However, i have no illusions that it will run maxed out for the majority of PCs out there for quite some time to come, so it looks just fine to me overall.

Best thing is the sense of speed you get, especially when the debris from the Wellingtons flies over the canopy. It's got that feeling you get when watching guncams that run at normal speed. A lot of guncams used to run at higher frame rates so that playback of the video occured at slow motion, since they wanted to be able to analyse their actions, but there is some footage floating around the internet with normal speed cameras.

Well, in those videos you can see bullets streaming to the target and the explosions or hits are usually observed as a series small, but very quick and "violent" effects, instead of a couple of big explosions.

I always said i was fine with how the game looked and that all i needed to be totally convinced about graphics was to see it in motion. Well, now i'm convinced, so i'm looking forward to see what's under the hood as we get closer to the time of release. I'd really like to see someone flying with complex engine management set to on.

Rodolphe
02-14-2011, 04:21 AM

Yep - Oleg and his guys are pretty much spot on for the inside sound - which unfortunately is not as cool as the outside :)

Same comment on the inside inflight sound on that video as on this post. ;)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=223760&postcount=202

There should be some kind of variation in the aerodynamic sound (not talking about the engine sound here) due to the change of speed during those aircraft loop manoeuvres.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=223631&postcount=43

xnomad
02-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Same comment on the inside inflight sound on that video as on this post. ;)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=223760&postcount=202

I've got a copy of the whole DVD of the above and they even state that the in cockpit sound was added later and is not a recording of the actual cockpit sound. And yeah it sounds terrible as it's just a loop.

Erkki
02-14-2011, 06:55 AM
And you're not the only one saying that.

Nor are you Thor. :D

=BY=YOUSS nowadays. Unfortunately, after they admitted the cheating, I cant ever trust those 2 squads anymore. What happened in the games they were in made it just too obvious. 300 missions, 600 kills, 300 ground kills, 0 deaths, all against real people, hello world?

Oh yeah the vid. Love it. I'm going to sell my soul again and buy Oleg's 2nd masterpiece.

rakinroll
02-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Oh yeah the vid. Love it. I'm going to sell my soul again and buy Oleg's 2nd masterpiece.

Hell yea Erkki! :grin:

HFC_Dolphin
02-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Hello Erkki ;-)

Please let new people in OM sims create experiences of their own :D :D :D

Azimech
02-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Even if some feel the prop whine is a bit loud, I feel it's wonderful, it adds so much more. But more wind noise will certainly be appreciated. I think synthesizing the engine sound was a smart move, that's what I would've done. Samples are not up to the task of creating a close to real experience (sorry IL2 modders, I haven't found a single soundpack that was satisfactory compared with stock IL2, even if stock sounds are way off original).

It's a bit double I admit. If the prop whine should not be heard in the cockpit of single engined fighters then maybe we should do without.

Richie
02-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Actually the prop whine isn't that loud and evreything else about the 109 sound I like very much especially that wind.

Tacoma74
02-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Hmmm I see the video has been removed by 1c for copyright infringement. But the Hurri video wasn't, which is weird. I wonder if we'll see any more videos in the near future other than from Oleg himself. Obviously what we are able to see is going to be strictly filtered up until release. Oh well.... :rolleyes:

JG52Uther
02-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Oh dear.So is this bye bye Youss for breaching the NDA...

The best video so far,a shame it was removed.

Jaws2002
02-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh dear.So is this bye bye Youss for breaching the NDA...

The best video so far,a shame it was removed.

I always thought of his relationship with Maddox games as "The enemy within".
I just don't get how they still kept him nose around in the game after all the crap he did. :rolleyes:

philip.ed
02-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Could we not turn this into a bitching topic?

Baron
02-14-2011, 05:24 PM
I always thought of his relationship with Maddox games as "The enemy within".
I just don't get how they still kept him nose around in the game after all the crap he did. :rolleyes:

One can only wonder if the guy suffers from some kind of "defect". I mean, what did he think would happen?

Not to mention the fact that he put his very good friend (who got him the beta) in a very unpleasant situation (might lose his job). Unless he was in on it that is, who knows.

What a tool.

Rainmaker
02-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Video is removed, someone knows where can I find it again? PM me please because they might remove it again

Cpt Dremmen
02-14-2011, 05:51 PM
I seem to remember this is a mission based on a real scramble in BOB...and it recorded the fastest kill of WW2...a hurri shot down a do-17 with the hurris wheels still down.

il do some hunting and try and find more info.

Quote from my book 'Westhampnett at War'

At lunchtime on the 16th the squadron was ordered to scramble and
patrol over the airfield at 2000ft. This day saw one of the largest raids
on Tangmere and was also the day that Billy Fiske of 601 Squadron
was to lose his life. The raid was already in full swing when the ÔBÕ
Flight Commander, Findlay Boyd got airborne.
He had just retracted his wheels when a Ju87 appeared in his sights.
With his first burst the Ju87 crashed just outside the airfield. He did
a quick circuit and landed to be re-armed. Airborne for only a minute,
this must have been one of the quickest kills of the war. The German
pilot must have wondered what had hit him.

regards

Qpassa
02-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Better promotion than 1C & OM have done

kirq
02-14-2011, 06:34 PM
The funny (or maybe sad) part is that this video was best CoD footage shown so far :) It made me believe that CoD is as good as I was hoping for. I just don't get it why this title is so unadvertised. I believe someone said that this title succes is "in or out" for whole series and nothing is beeing done to raise sales. Well, at least You still got my CE pre-order ;)

Please show us more vids like this one on friday updates.

Royraiden
02-14-2011, 06:37 PM
The funny (or maybe sad) part is that this video was best CoD footage shown so far :) It made me believe that CoD is as good as I was hoping for. I just don't get it why this title is so unadvertised. I believe someone said that this title succes is "in or out" for whole series and nothing is beeing done to raise sales. Well, at least You still got my CE pre-order ;)

Please show us more vids like this one on friday updates.

Imagine your face the first time you launched the game if you had not seen these videos.They wanted to give us a big surprise.They know this sim will last long and that there wasnt any need to expect the most sales at release.

Il2Pongo
02-14-2011, 06:40 PM
I don't have to imagine, by Pacific time, they were gone.
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME

Jaws2002
02-14-2011, 06:42 PM
One can only wonder if the guy suffers from some kind of "defect". I mean, what did he think would happen?

Not to mention the fact that he put his very good friend (who got him the beta) in a very unpleasant situation (might lose his job). Unless he was in on it that is, who knows.

What a tool.

He did this many times before, and nothing happened, so.:rolleyes:

Royraiden
02-14-2011, 06:43 PM
I don't have to imagine, by Pacific time, they were gone.
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME

????

JG1_Wanderfalke
02-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Video is removed !!!!!!!!!!
But i have somthing much better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQVWjUF_-yA

kirq
02-14-2011, 07:36 PM
@JG1_Wanderfalke hahaha

Richie
02-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Cool :)

Richie
02-14-2011, 07:45 PM
By the way did anyone save those two videos? I'm kicking myself for not thinking to.

David198502
02-14-2011, 07:45 PM
i would like to see them as well!!!

GnigruH
02-14-2011, 07:53 PM
????

I guess he didn't have a chance to see them, cos' when he woke up/came home they were already deleted.
I have 'downloaded' these vids from yt, but after reading Luthier's message I'm sure I won't repost them.

Oh, someone already did it... well...

Sturm_Williger
02-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Post ... is now irrelevant.

Richie
02-14-2011, 09:41 PM
You should PM him not blast him in public. I should be blasted he did it for me. Now he can blank the link if he likes

Caveman
02-15-2011, 06:06 AM
I know COD will be great and the video of the 109 solidified that view... I did think the engine sounds were well done but I still think the best sound heard in a sim is the 109 by Jafraem for IL-2 (starts near 30sec):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxRPIVRW_jA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/user/jafaem#p/u/23/gTfwJAurBvU

MajorTom
02-15-2011, 07:14 AM
Jumping in for CoD waiting band wagon with this awesome 109 cocpit recording.

Royraiden
02-15-2011, 01:24 PM
The other video was removed, how could someone post it again after reading Luthier's post?Does not make sense.