PDA

View Full Version : IL2: CoD release in the UK??

Osprey
02-13-2011, 03:45 PM
I see that the Germans and French seem to be able to get in their pre-orders, as do a few other countries, but nothing in the UK from what I can see.

I even went into the Game store and asked for future releases and despite loads of crappy obscure Xbox and PS3 games they didn't even have IL2 CoD in their list!

Does anybody know when this is out in the UK and where it can be ordered?

It was the Battle of BRITAIN - we should be first dammit!!!! :rolleyes:

fruitbat
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
I see that the Germans and French seem to be able to get in their pre-orders, as do a few other countries, but nothing in the UK from what I can see.

I even went into the Game store and asked for future releases and despite loads of crappy obscure Xbox and PS3 games they didn't even have IL2 CoD in their list!

Does anybody know when this is out in the UK and where it can be ordered?

It was the Battle of BRITAIN - we should be first dammit!!!! :rolleyes:

hmmm, i've pre ordered my collectors edition in the UK.

straight from the ubi site.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/productID.223684000

normal version here,

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/productID.221859200

Ubi says release date 24/3/11

Osprey
02-13-2011, 04:15 PM
OK thanks. Are they reliable? I want my copy before anybody else gets theirs ;)

Ploughman
02-13-2011, 04:19 PM
You can pre-order downloadable CloD in the UK, cheapest is £29.99 from Game.co.uk/ No sign of a hardcopy yet. I think I'll probably order the CE from Ubi if one doesn't appear in the next few weeks.

fruitbat
02-13-2011, 04:23 PM
OK thanks. Are they reliable? I want my copy before anybody else gets theirs ;)

I'd like to think so as they're the publisher!

kikque
02-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm just going to be patient and see if CoD turns up on amazon uk or play.com in the coming weeks. I would order from Ubi but amazon delivery is so quick in my part of the world. Sorry Osprey I can only suggest that you keep an eye on the forums here.:)

Dano
02-13-2011, 04:36 PM
I'd like to think so as they're the publisher!

Their FAQ's specifically state that preorders are not shipped until day of release.

fruitbat
02-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Their FAQ's specifically state that preorders are not shipped until day of release.

i've waited 6 years, i can wait one more day:)

(i went for next day delivery)

House M.D.
02-13-2011, 04:39 PM
It is a completely silly method to delay release from biggest resellers, just like amazon.co.uk & play.com, thinking that people will be forced to buy the download version from ubi store.
Nevertheless they forget that Jack Sparrow will offer download from the first day as well, therefore there will be time until we can buy the game from the store we prefer.
Their silly method just risks that people who get their copy for Jack, won't bother getting it from another store later. Their risk. Personally I will buy the boxed version whenever it is available in a known store and will be playing the game from day 1.

Dano
02-13-2011, 04:47 PM
i've waited 6 years, i can wait one more day:)

(i went for next day delivery)

No, you went for super express delivery, which is 1 to 3 days for an additional cost of £8.45. If I'm paying nearly 20% of the item cost for delivery it had better be next day guaranteed which super express is not, in fact it can still be within the delivery timescale and be later than the free standard delivery option.

Vevster
02-13-2011, 04:57 PM
It is a completely silly method to delay release from biggest resellers, just like amazon.co.uk & play.com, thinking that people will be forced to buy the download version from ubi store.

Release to biggest retailers also depends on the retailers themselves; wether they want that game or not.
Ubi is not trying to force anybody to DL from Ubistore, obviously, since the game is avilable for download at Game.uk for instance.

I think things will change in the following two weeks :-P

House M.D.
02-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Sure Vevster, things should probably change within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully.

Nevertheless, there is no way big stores like Amazon & Play to not want the game. They sell everything - no discriminations in ways to make profit :P

My opinion still stands that Ubi is trying to force download sales and thus the delay in offering the English boxed version.

Vevster
02-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Sure Vevster, things should probably change within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully.

Nevertheless, there is no way big stores like Amazon & Play to not want the game. They sell everything - no discriminations in ways to make profit :P

My opinion still stands that Ubi is trying to force download sales and thus the delay in offering the English boxed version.

Strange then , that this "strategy" is not implemented in France & Germany for instance.
In France, amazon sells both the collector & the normal box. You'd think Ubi would implement this strategy in its own country.

So me think it's either a question of Ubi.uk not being up to date with their retailers and/or retailers not asking too much either.

Just have to wait a little.

fruitbat
02-13-2011, 05:17 PM
No, you went for super express delivery, which is 1 to 3 days for an additional cost of £8.45. If I'm paying nearly 20% of the item cost for delivery it had better be next day guaranteed which super express is not, in fact it can still be within the delivery timescale and be later than the free standard delivery option.

i'll make a bet with you.

i bet it will be one day;)

Dano
02-13-2011, 05:38 PM
i'll make a bet with you.

i bet it will be one day;)

I'm not betting and if you've used them before and trust their delivery then please post so.

Blackdog_kt
02-13-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm interested in this as well. The Ubi webshop apparently restricts your options based on your IP address, so even though for some reason i'm redirected to the UK part of the website (i live in Greece by the way) it doesn't give me the option of a collector's edition or even the regular boxed one. The only one available is the download option.

If it was available from amazon UK i'd be able to order a physical copy from there. Baring that, i guess my only solution will be to have my sister order a boxed copy as she's currently doing her master's degree in the UK, but then other problems arise. I'm not too keen on having the game shipped to me via regular mail (it'll probably only take 3-5 days by royal mail to reach Greece, but it's the local postage service that i don't trust as much) but on the other hand, she's probably not going to be back home until the Easter holidays.