PDA

View Full Version : New video 2011-02-13 WITH SOUND!

Tata
02-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Hurrcane:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5EqSo2hzBk&feature=player_embedded

One more, this time BF109 ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K94NQH4W31c&feature=player_embedded

Hardware of these shots:
core I5-650, 4GB DDR3 1600, AMD Radeon 6870. win7 x64. dx10 render. 4x AAA

philip.ed
02-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Very nice, apart from the rather lurid landscape (WIP, subjective, I know....) :-P

Pierre@
02-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks. Maybe the best, so far.
Did you notice the explosion when the damaged Dornier hits the ground?

Tata
02-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks. Maybe the best, so far.
Did you notice the explosion when the damaged Dornier hits the ground?

It made bigest impression in that video feed. Looks really real :)

T}{OR
02-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Nice, especially the muted external sounds from the bomber formation. :cool:

Was hoping for some external audio though...

If those are the same specs from the last batch of videos we had than this is excellent performance.

Winger
02-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Obviously a WIP video becuase i saw videos in wich the gunfire sounds were much better. Also there were no guntracers at all. I too already saw videos of them and they are gorgeous. The rest looks pretty good. CANT WAIT!!!

Winger

Baron
02-13-2011, 12:12 PM
I got a bit "worried" when i read that the ac`s feel very sluggish and hard to line up for shots etc. In this vid i thought it looked pretty much as in IL2 (not talking about graphics).

I suspect the sluggish feeling was maby more due to the stick settings in that particular instalment of the game, maby to get a more "real" feel to it for those trying it out.

Winger
02-13-2011, 12:21 PM
I got a bit "worried" when i read that the ac`s feel very sluggish and hard to line up for shots etc. In this vid i thought it looked pretty much as in IL2 (not talking about graphics).

I suspect the sluggish feeling was maby more due to the stick settings in that particular instalment of the game, maby to get a more "real" feel to it for those trying it out.

Noone can really tell wich settings have been deactivated or activated in a certain video. So i for my part am eager to just try it myself and am MORE THAN CONFIDENT that this sim will rock!

Winger

PS: Ill set everything to full real and wont every fly it with any helps activated.

Tree_UK
02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
The sound is very dissappointing, to me anyway, graphics obviously very low res so hard to see much difference to IL2. Also no sound from Bombers when he flew past, thats simply wrong, you would here them.

The Merlin should sound more like this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwEy4x88d0Y&feature=related

Or a spitty:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjPJpupIF2c

Royraiden
02-13-2011, 12:27 PM
I dare to say that this video is older than the few we saw yesterday, even though it was uploaded later.As someone said there are no smoke trails,maybe they were disabled maybe not.But the fact that there was no noise on the video makes me think that it wasnt recorded on the Kiev event.

Baron
02-13-2011, 12:30 PM
The sound is very dissappointing, to me anyway, graphics obviously very low res so hard to see much difference to IL2. Also no sound from Bombers when he flew past, thats simply wrong, you would here them.

Sounds more like arbetrary examples of how it COULD sound in cockpit. Either way u forget, thats hardly how the pilot hear it plus i dont know about u but having that kind of deep sound in your headphones/head for 3 hours straight would probably give u the mother of all headaches. ;)

addman
02-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Something I haven't noticed before the last 2 vids is the heat haze in the distance. Really impressive.

Example of heat haze:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/509199621_ee1c2288f8.jpg

#402FOX
02-13-2011, 12:36 PM

Tree your glass is always half empty m8;)

[URU]AkeR
02-13-2011, 12:40 PM
beautiful

addman
02-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Tree your glass is always half empty m8;)

Must suck when he goes to the pub...

Sutts
02-13-2011, 01:19 PM
Well I thought that was a lovely clip, especially the explosion effect. The colours are fine IMO. I was just out driving this morning and thought how lurid the greens looked today.

Sutts
02-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Shame on you Tree. You certainly are trying very hard to put a downer on things. Not one positive thought from that whole video? I'll be very happy if that's what we're getting in a few weeks time.

fruitbat
02-13-2011, 01:32 PM
does anyone ever read what oleg says?

he said that in one of the friday updates that final sounds will not be heard until release.

so comment on the placeholders all you want.

and in any case, if someone gave treeUK a fully working real life spit MK1, he'd complain it wasn't a MkV....

Tree_UK
02-13-2011, 01:59 PM
Well I thought that was a lovely clip, especially the explosion effect. The colours are fine IMO. I was just out driving this morning and thought how lurid the greens looked today.

Im pleased for you. Its easier to point out the things that appear to be wrong or dissappointing rather than go through a massive list of all the good things, surely thats a positive.

Tree_UK
02-13-2011, 02:00 PM
does anyone ever read what oleg says?

he said that in one of the friday updates that final sounds will not be heard until release.

so comment on the placeholders all you want.

and in any case, if someone gave treeUK a fully working real life spit MK1, he'd complain it wasn't a MkV....

I already have a MkV.

swiss
02-13-2011, 02:05 PM
Im pleased for you. Its easier to point out the things that appear to be wrong or dissappointing rather than go through a massive list of all the good things, surely thats a positive.

Bro, I has already been mentioned the DVD we will get is defacto a beta - an unfinished game.

Wait another 6 months. ;)

philip.ed
02-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I dare to say that this video is older than the few we saw yesterday, even though it was uploaded later.As someone said there are no smoke trails,maybe they were disabled maybe not.But the fact that there was no noise on the video makes me think that it wasnt recorded on the Kiev event.

:rolleyes: Sorry, but not all tracers have smoketrails (apparently) and these tracers, which have been shown before and described before by Oleg, don't. The tracers which were shown recently, and had smoketrails, are another type of tracer (we can select loudouts like this in CoD)

Royraiden
02-13-2011, 02:39 PM
:rolleyes: Sorry, but not all tracers have smoketrails (apparently) and these tracers, which have been shown before and described before by Oleg, don't. The tracers which were shown recently, and had smoketrails, are another type of tracer (we can select loudouts like this in CoD)

I forgot about that.Thanks for reminding me.

Bricks
02-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Tree, honestly the sound in the videos is not realistic.

"What? It's recorded in a plane!"

Yes.

But:

1. It's much too loud for full spectrum recording with a normal camcorder. You can hear the microphone in the Mustang-Video is suffering badly.
2. If the camera is also attached to the cockpit, the noise is much different from what you actually would hear.
3. You are not a camera. You are a pilot. You wear protection with built in phones.
4. You don't know what was done to the sound after recording.
5. You most likely still have the opportunity to crank the engine sound up and the other sounds down. Together with a good sound-system, that's your key to do whatever you want with your sound.

Just a little different example on reliability of sources:
In this video, the in-cockpit-sound much closer to the sound in IL2 than to the sound in your video. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzs0msemphk&playnext=1&list=PL1753179D063DCE77

ChrisDNT
02-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Not bad.
Just hope the cartoonish laser tracers will be switchable.

Landscape looks quite nice and realistic (less vivid greens), much better than the earlier previews.

philip.ed
02-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I forgot about that.Thanks for reminding me.

No worries, and sorry for sounding aggressive ;)

White Owl
02-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Why does that Hurricane appear to have only two guns? Or maybe the tracers were only loaded into one gun on each side... I guess that's possible.

What is that symbol in the lower left corner? It looks like some kind of gauge, but it doesn't move once through the whole video.

Cool video. :cool:

Tata
02-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Enjoy one more video, this time BF109 ;)
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=223401&postcount=1

Stukadriver
02-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Looks better and better all the time to me...really looking forward to playing the game. I think that if they got the simulations to be perfect, there would be people complaining that there was too much turbulence, too much bumping around in the cockpit, too much sunlight, too little sunlight...etc...reality can be uncomfortable. No matter what is produced the result will not be a complete replication of flying a tail dragger war plane...what about the heat inside the cockpit, the sometimes nauseating smell of fuel, burnt oil, sweat, and all of that? Or the corresponding cold. The feel of G-forces in your butt and...your flight helmet bouncing off of the canopy frame as you hit air turbulence...then the fear that you have not touched down on the runway at the right speeds and you have to wrestle with the plane's desire to ground loop...anticipating the cost of repairs should you ground loop and the elation of making the landing with no negative event. I must say that COD will get much of the flight experience and make it enjoyable. Really flying a warbird can be stressful...as well as rewarding...but that stress is not what I want to experience while playing COD. You guys are doing a wonderful job...

Lucas_From_Hell
02-13-2011, 04:02 PM
As far as I remember, the ammo belts will be customisable, I guess that's why there are no trailing tracers, or why you can only see a some of the guns' tracers. Calling it lasers is a little bit silly, since all gun-cam footage where such kind of ammunition is employed shows exactly the same style of tracer seen in the video.

About the formation passing and the noise, the realistic way is not hearing nearly a thing, or anything at all. I don't know how it'll work in the end, but the way we see now in Il-2 is not realistic.

Well, either way, fantastic video.

blampars
02-13-2011, 04:05 PM
I just want to say a few things here,

oh my god!
and
I can't wait! :)

have a great sunday everyone

Blackdog_kt
02-13-2011, 04:46 PM
So is there a group of beta testers from whom an NDA has been lifted? We seem to be seeing a lot of video recently from people who just seem to be playing the game.

It could be the case. This seems like it's been captured from the comfort of a home PC and not in a noisy exhibition room.

What is that symbol in the lower left corner? It looks like some kind of gauge, but it doesn't move once through the whole video.

That could be part of the new interface helpers we've seen in some past friday update screenshots (the one with the exhaust flame screenies) and briefly discussed by Oleg.

Apparently, with the appropriate difficulty settings we'll be able to right click and select between some information windows to display.
In that update some of the screenshots had a throttle/pitch/mixture read-out that displayed percentages. Other screenshots had something similar to what you see in the video and they were labeled T/P/M, which i guess is short for throttle/prop/mixture.

It's probably a visual representation of how you've set your throttle, prop pitch and mixture levers, which i find is a nice and clever way to simulate a pilot's tactile feedback (he can just reach out and touch the throttle to see how far along it is, instead of looking at it) and peripheral vision inside the cockpit while still being subtle enough.

As to why there is only one in the video, who knows? Maybe the guy only wants to display one and the interface allows it, or maybe he's flying with complex engine management disabled so he's only using one axis for the engine.

In the 109 video you can see it moving backwards between 1:44 and 1:50, the moment he goes to idle as he's rolling inverted, so i guess that's confirmation enough.

As far as the interface goes, i also like how the chatbar has been separated from the radio commands and made into a separate semi-transparent information window (i guess it would be resizable too, it makes sense).

Enjoy one more video, this time BF109 ;)
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=223401&postcount=1

Nice find there, in this one the guy also shares his system specs in the youtube comment section:

It runs smooth enough and also has antialising enabled, so all the people who were worried about frame rates during the kiev and moscow shows can relax ;)

ChrisDNT
02-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Landscape looks better and better. Great.

Crash smoke still to much Il-2. But not bad.

House M.D.
02-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Crash smoke still to much Il-2. But not bad.

I thought the same of the crash smoke - but, contrary, I find it terrible.
It was bad back in IL-2, it is still bad now.

Sven
02-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Really like the sound in this vid, good to see it runs perfect on that machine too, I have a faster CPU but a slower graphics card, I will just keep hoping;)

winny
02-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Why does that Hurricane appear to have only two guns? Or maybe the tracers were only loaded into one gun on each side... I guess that's possible.

Cool video. :cool:

You're right, only tracers in 2 guns (CoD has selectable ammo for each gun)
If you wanted to be historically correct you'd only have 1 gun loaded with tracers for the RAF.

Biggs
02-13-2011, 07:08 PM
If you wanted to be historically correct you'd only have 1 gun loaded with tracers for the RAF.

im not even gonna load em.. ill use the API rounds to let me know how my aim is...

loadouts, gonna be straight Ball and API.:grin:

Defender
02-13-2011, 07:11 PM
I like the sounds actually, I feel like I can hear the loud tiney echo of the engines resonating inside the cockpit. When the throttle gets cut you hear an almost relative silence which I love.

Nice to see full screen fraps style video running at a high frame rate as well.

ChrisDNT
02-13-2011, 07:17 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not too good ok, but not bad-bad.
It can be improved nevertheless.

JAMF
02-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Really like the sound in this vid, good to see it runs perfect on that machine too, I have a faster CPU but a slower graphics card, I will just keep hoping;)

I agree. That's the noise I would expect behind a loud engine. If you put the volume on high early on to appreciate the engine and wind noise, the guns blazing will be surprisingly loud. :grin:

slm
02-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Also agree. Engine and cannon sounds are so much better than in IL2.

Katkatman
02-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Personnally ,I would find interesting how ,in the sound way, the different damages (specially from the engine) will be retranscribed ( "Damned, 'got only 10 cylinders working on 12":rolleyes: )

Kikuchiyo
02-13-2011, 11:26 PM

How can you determine anything about the image quality from such a low fidelity recording that is heavily compressed for viewing on the internet? Look at the cockpit. It looks awful, but I know from other images and HD videos that it in fact looks magnificent. Commenting on visual quality in these videos is not possible.

zauii
02-14-2011, 07:17 AM
How can you determine anything about the image quality from such a low fidelity recording that is heavily compressed for viewing on the internet? Look at the cockpit. It looks awful, but I know from other images and HD videos that it in fact looks magnificent. Commenting on visual quality in these videos is not possible.

Cockpit still looks 10x better than anything from IL2 compressed or not, get some glasses.

fireflyerz
02-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Yuk .

Sutts
02-14-2011, 09:25 AM

If the "smokers" in this shot are tracers then I don't believe that statement is entirely true. I'm sure different squadrons used/tried different mixes during the battle.

philip.ed
02-14-2011, 09:33 AM
If the "smokers" in this shot are tracers then I don't believe that statement is entirely true. I'm sure different squadrons used/tried different mixes during the battle.

No, he's wrong to a degree. Whilst no evidence that I've seen suggests that there was a definitive set-up for how the pilots loaded their tracers, pilot reports show that it was a very personal affair, so there'd be a number of different variations (e.g. tracer only in the last few rounds, tracer in one gun, tracer in two guns, tracer in one gun only in the last few rounds etc )
I think Winny was trying to suggest this....but I think he is wrong in saying that there was a definitive way in which the RAF loaded their tracer....

winny
02-14-2011, 10:05 AM

Sorry I should have said 2 guns...

Standard RAF loadout during BoB was to have 2 guns loaded with tracer. They did not mix ammo types in the same gun as the different recoil characteristics caused problems. (This only applies to the MG's btw). The only real variation to this was to have no tracers at all. Except for a few at the end

The initial RAF fighter loading was three guns loaded with ball, two with AP, two with Mk IV incendiary tracer and one with Mk VI incendiary. (Early BoB)

Battle of Britain armament was four guns with ball, two with AP and two with incendiaries (presumably Mk VI) with four of the last 25 rounds being tracer (presumably Mk IV incendiary/tracer) to tell the pilot he was running out of ammunition.
(By 1942 the standard loading for fixed .303s was half loaded with AP and half with incendiary.)

The pilots could say if they wanted no tracers at all, but the problem of mixed ammo in the same gun wasn't fixed till later.

Sorry for any confusion...

major_setback
02-14-2011, 10:12 AM
I am very happy about the sounds of the Hurri's guns. They have the sound of ripping canvas that I have heard described so often in pilot's accounts.

I never liked the gun sounds in Il2/FB/1946, and was hoping to hear this!
:-)

Sutts
02-14-2011, 11:35 AM

Standard RAF loadout during BoB was to have 2 guns loaded with tracer. They did not mix ammo types in the same gun as the different recoil characteristics caused problems. (This only applies to the MG's btw). The only real variation to this was to have no tracers at all. Except for a few at the end

The initial RAF fighter loading was three guns loaded with ball, two with AP, two with Mk IV incendiary tracer and one with Mk VI incendiary. (Early BoB)

Battle of Britain armament was four guns with ball, two with AP and two with incendiaries (presumably Mk VI) with four of the last 25 rounds being tracer (presumably Mk IV incendiary/tracer) to tell the pilot he was running out of ammunition.
(By 1942 the standard loading for fixed .303s was half loaded with AP and half with incendiary.)

The pilots could say if they wanted no tracers at all, but the problem of mixed ammo in the same gun wasn't fixed till later.

You seem to know your stuff winny, I'll take your word for it. :)

Out of interest, what kind of ammo do you think is leaving those smoke trails in the photo I posted?

winny
02-14-2011, 12:10 PM
You seem to know your stuff winny, I'll take your word for it. :)

Out of interest, what kind of ammo do you think is leaving those smoke trails in the photo I posted?

I'm pretty sure they will be Mk IV incendiaries as they ignited on firing and burned on the way to the target leaving smoke trails. The later Mk VI 'De Wilde' ignited on impact and didn't leave a smoke trail.

The 'De Wilde' bullets were first issued in June 1940 and tested operationally in the air battles over Dunkirk. Their improved effectiveness, and the fact that the flash on impact indicated that the shooting was on target, was much appreciated by the pilots.
There was an initial shortage of these which is why I gave the 2 loadouts for BoB era. (I got my MkIV and VI's mixed up earlier!)

T}{OR
02-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Yuk .

??

Sutts
02-14-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm pretty sure they will be Mk IV incendiaries as they ignited on firing and burned on the way to the target leaving smoke trails. The later Mk VI 'De Wilde' ignited on impact and didn't leave a smoke trail.

The 'De Wilde' bullets were first issued in June 1940 and tested operationally in the air battles over Dunkirk. Their improved effectiveness, and the fact that the flash on impact indicated that the shooting was on target, was much appreciated by the pilots.
There was an initial shortage of these which is why I gave the 2 loadouts for BoB era. (I got my MkIV and VI's mixed up earlier!)

OK, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up winny.

I think a lot of us might be confusing the early incendiary with tracer rounds. Now I understand.

Cheers:grin:

B25Mitch
02-14-2011, 12:44 PM
I agree with those who found the crash impressive, but I must add that it should be the scattered pieces of wreckage that are smoking afterwards, not some neat little crater in the ground.

zakkandrachoff
02-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Nice find there, in this one the guy also shares his system specs in the youtube comment section:

It runs smooth enough and also has antialising enabled, so all the people who were worried about frame rates during the kiev and moscow shows can relax ;)

http://images.hardwarecanucks.com/image/mac/reviews/intel/lynnfield/corei5_corei7_69.jpg

so good that 3d marks put i5 at the same level that old Core2Quad intel.
the video card is very superior to my 5850,:(, snif! i dont gonna have that levels of graphics
and i ask to myself if i put anothers 4GBRAM DDR2 having a total of 8GBRAMDDR2 having 3200mhz will be the same of 4GBRAMDDR3 3200mhz???:confused:

snif

nice Bf109E, waiting for eastern conflict

Zorin
02-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Well sorry, both videos had a crashing bomber and both impacts/explosions are rather underwhelming in my humble opinion.

These are explosions in Il-2 WITHOUT mods and now you tell me where the difference is.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/th_dam_3_ex.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/?action=view&current=dam_3_ex.jpg)

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/th_dam_1_ex.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/?action=view&current=dam_1_ex.jpg)

winny
02-14-2011, 01:01 PM
OK, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up winny.

I think a lot of us might be confusing the early incendiary with tracer rounds. Now I understand.

Cheers:grin:

I'm quite hapy for someone to correct any of this btw. I got most of it from a book called 'Air Guns of WWII' which seems pretty reliable.

Purley out of interest here's a picture of the types of RAF .303 Ammo..

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz147/winistrone/img083.jpg

From left to right : Tracer, armour-piercing and B Mk VI incendiary (Dixon/De Wilde)

luthier
02-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Just so you guys know, this is a rare case of a true leak, i.e. not a marketing ploy but a real rogue user doing something really lame for self-promotion.

The stuff you're seeing is obviously from a beta, not indicative of release, and I'm really way too upset to address this in a calm manner at this time.

The person who leaked this is a personal friend of one of our programmers. I anticipated exactly this kind of issue, Oleg warned me about this specifically. The programmer asked us to give his buddy beta access as a personal favor to him, and I in turn took the responsibility on myself. I got chewed up for this big time, and I'm seriously considering letting the programmer go. It goes without saying that the author's beta access is revoked, and I'm cutting all further communication with him.

We caught this a bit too late, by which time it was way too late to try to delete it, so we'll let you guys continue discussing it but probably won't check the thread or respond to anything related to these videos.

We'll release final gameplay videos once we go gold, where you can judge the features that are shipping with release.

Royraiden
02-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Just so you guys know, this is a rare case of a true leak, i.e. not a marketing ploy but a real rogue user doing something really lame for self-promotion.

The stuff you're seeing is obviously from a beta, not indicative of release, and I'm really way too upset to address this in a calm manner at this time.

The person who leaked this is a personal friend of one of our programmers. I anticipated exactly this kind of issue, Oleg warned me about this specifically. The programmer asked us to give his buddy beta access as a personal favor to him, and I in turn took the responsibility on myself. I got chewed up for this big time, and I'm seriously considering letting the programmer go. It goes without saying that the author's beta access is revoked, and I'm cutting all further communication with him.

We caught this a bit too late, by which time it was way too late to try to delete it, so we'll let you guys continue discussing it but probably won't check the thread or respond to anything related to these videos.

We'll release final gameplay videos once we go gold, where you can judge the features that are shipping with release.

Oh wow!Thats a shame!!!Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Jg2001_Rasputin
02-14-2011, 01:26 PM
I already wondered if this guy has the permission to post those videos.

T}{OR
02-14-2011, 01:27 PM
I am sorry that it has come to this. Just goes to show you can't be too careful nowadays. Thanks for sharing this info.

Royraiden
02-14-2011, 01:28 PM

It seemed quite suspicious but I just thought it was part of the devs plan.Sad thing,the element of surprise is quite ruined for some of the details on this videos.

addman
02-14-2011, 01:29 PM

Really sorry to hear this, I guess many of us had a feeling that this was the case *sigh*. At least the beta isn't leaked on torrent sites and hopefully it will stay that way, look at the whole Crysis 2 debacle. If it's any comfort to you and the rest of the guys at MG I would like to say that the game looks and sounds pretty freaky awesome even though it's still a bit WIP. Cheers for the reply Ilya and good luck on the remainder of the development time:)

philip.ed
02-14-2011, 01:32 PM

Very useful, thankyou :D

Ltbear
02-14-2011, 01:47 PM
realy realy hope the game have the "missing" 109E supercharger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cLmBZWDyBM&feature=related

mr maddox please go back to the original IL2 and get the 109 engine sound from there.......

swiss
02-14-2011, 02:06 PM

I found it odd how someone could post vids from 68xx AMD GPU - as they were not available on public systems.

What a moron.

Luthier is probably half deaf at the moment.

Sven
02-14-2011, 02:10 PM
always look on the bright side of life ( whistles )

At least you know what not to do for the further addons;) , no real damage has been done though through my eyes, almost everyone knew that this version on the game was outdated, and it brought some free advertisement as well:)

Looking forward to the golden videos

Pierre@
02-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Shame on him!
A true "renegade pilot" by the way ;)

Cobra8472
02-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Ahhhhh nnnnnooooooooooooooooo I missed them!

Baron
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
http://images.hardwarecanucks.com/image/mac/reviews/intel/lynnfield/corei5_corei7_69.jpg

the video card is very superior to my 5850,:(, snif! i dont gonna have that levels of graphics
and i ask to myself if i put anothers 4GBRAM DDR2 having a total of 8GBRAMDDR2 having 3200mhz will be the same of 4GBRAMDDR3 3200mhz???:confused:

snif

6850 is pretty much the same as a 5850 in terms of performance, u must be thinking of the 6950 wich is better (not hugly so mind u). Remember, 6850 is the renamed 5700-series.

Sven
02-14-2011, 04:49 PM
how far off would a 5770 be compared to a 5850? Would over-clocking close the gap?

Immermann
02-14-2011, 04:55 PM
how far off would a 5770 be compared to a 5850? Would over-clocking close the gap?

He is wrong, the 68xx series was expectet to be called the 67xx series. It's not a renamed 57xx.

Just google a review for the 5850 and you should see it compared to the 57xx series.

Trumper
02-14-2011, 04:57 PM

I can understand the frustration at the loss of trust BUT the good feedback you have got over something you say isn't finished [gold] must give you an indication of the direction you are going or need to go.
Use it positively.
The only downside i can think of is if the final release is NOT as good as the video leaked but hopefully i trust this isn't the case.
:)

Trumper
02-14-2011, 04:59 PM
mr maddox please go back to the original IL2 and get the 109 engine sound from there.......
Please DON'T use the audio from il2 ,surely in 10 years the sounds have progressed from lawn mowers to something sounding like a D-B or Merlin.

Dano
02-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Please DON'T use the audio from il2 ,surely in 10 years the sounds have progressed from lawn mowers to something sounding like a D-B or Merlin.

He said the Original IL2 not the Post Forgotten Battles version.

Corto
02-14-2011, 05:44 PM
The person who leaked this is a personal friend of one of our programmers.

this is so typical for "this person"...
allways looking for attention.... http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/c020.gif

lol... and sorry for IC. Watch for more reliable betatesters. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/sportlich/a025.gif

Hecke
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM

Come on Luthier, this was by far the best advertisment and the very first really interesting video ever made for this title and you complain about it?

House M.D.
02-14-2011, 06:30 PM

I can almost feel you, although I can't understand why in the world would this person have access to the game with the history he's carrying.
Not to mention that old chaps from the community feel that cheats will exist from day 1, since this guy has access to the game already and all his history is a constant search of unfair ways to satisfy his small...ego.

So many serious guys in the community, that was the one with the beta in his hands. Such a shame...

Royraiden
02-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Come on Luthier, this was by far the best advertisment and the very first really interesting video ever made for this title and you complain about it?

Have you nothing constructive to say about this?You want the devs to be happy after their hard work has been published without permission??Are you serious?

mazex
02-14-2011, 06:57 PM

Hey Luthier calm down, we all loved the video! This video even got Tree to say he liked it! No way can you fire the programmer after that!

Winger
02-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Hey Luthier calm down, we all loved the video! This video even got Tree to say he liked it! No way can you fire the programmer after that!

Just what he says. From my "neutral" point of view not the programmer is the one that should suffer. Just never ever again let him choose anyone for beta access. Firing him would be a bit harsh imo.
Still i am happy about that 109 video since it just underlined what i already knew. "This game will be awesome". Please dont push release backward:P

Winger

Richie
02-14-2011, 07:21 PM

They were great but I understand the traitor thing. Tree was impressed by that 109..good for you Tree :). I liked both especially the 109.

Richie
02-14-2011, 07:26 PM

snif

So if a person has an i7 975 a good Dx11 card and 6 gigs of ram he should be laughing?

Ltbear
02-14-2011, 08:05 PM

Title Year System Publisher

IL-2 Sturmovik 2001 Windows Ubisoft <-- This one to this date have had the best "replica" of any 109 engine sound in any IL2 game. And i stil prefere some of the fm`s and DM`s over some of the later series.....Bring back original IL2 DB engine sound....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/dd/IL-2_Sturmovik_Coverart.png

The rest of the titles in case someone dont know that IL2 is going back further than 1946:-P

IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles 2003 Windows Ubisoft
IL-2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles: Ace Expansion Pack 2004 Windows Ubisoft
IL-2 Forgotten Battles: Gold Pack 2004 Windows Ubisoft
Pacific Fighters 2004 Windows Ubisoft
IL-2 Sturmovik Series: Complete Edition 2006 Windows Ubisoft
PE-2 2006 Windows Ubisoft
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 (includes Sturmoviks over Manchuria and 46) 2007 Windows Ubisoft

Got a hard copy of every single one above....

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey 2009 360, PS3, PSP, NDS 1C Company <----geeeeez

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (Battle of Britain) March/25/2011 Windows Ubisoft<-----getting hard copy the second its out....

IL2 gamer since 2001....Well just abit from me lol....

LTbear

Richie
02-14-2011, 08:16 PM

IL-2 Sturmovik 2001 Windows Ubisoft <-- This one to this date have had the best "replica" of any 109 engine sound in any IL2 game. And i stil prefere some of the fm`s and DM`s over some of the later series.....Bring back original IL2 DB engine sound....

The rest of the titles in case someone dont know that IL2 is going back further than 1946:-P

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 (includes Sturmoviks over Manchuria and 46) 2007 Windows Ubisoft
IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey 2009 360, PS3, PSP, NDS 1C Company
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (Battle of Britain) March/25/2011 Windows Ubisoft

Well just abit from me lol....

LTbear

Big disagreement on the sound of the 109 with the first IL-2. But if you mean without Cliffs of Dover inclueded I think I agree with you. He starts his take off around 5:20. Those stats on that DB are down at your feet remember and I think that's why it's quieter inside the cockpit. Next video Dave Southwood explains about the cockpit noise. Start about 1:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50JXKxMLyUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48uziQoniI0

Ltbear
02-14-2011, 08:26 PM
jump to two mins into it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlUTFi3cN00

compare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnVB94N6H9g&feature=player_embedded#at=34

I hear something....and it aint the pilot farting lmao....you can clearly hear the "whistle" inside the cocpit......just listen to all cocpit scenes and you can hear it....

Baron
02-14-2011, 08:33 PM
He is wrong, the 68xx series was expectet to be called the 67xx series. It's not a renamed 57xx.

Just google a review for the 5850 and you should see it compared to the 57xx series.

Kind of what i meant, 5700-series was EXPECTED to be called 6700-series but AMD thought it would be less confusing (apparently)naming the 57xx-series the new 68xx series instead.

Mind u, im NOT saying 6850/6870 is rebranded old 5700-series card. The new 6800 is however the new low/midrange cards and is NOT better than the 5850/5870 respectively.

The successor of 5850/5870 is 6950/6970

Either way, the poster i replied to seems to think his 5850 is way worse than the 6850, wich its not.

Richie
02-14-2011, 08:51 PM
I bet mine is correct though because I can tell that yours is a looped soundtrack RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr rrrrRRRRRRRR

Ltbear
02-14-2011, 09:01 PM
I bet mine is correct though because I can tell that yours is a looped soundtrack RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr rrrrRRRRRRRR

Jumped to my gaming puter threw on the headset turned it up....

Im going to 50% agree with you:-P

The general engine sound is better in COD, but i stil think the whistle is to low. Even listening to yours i have to say this :( "but your ecording is a true master piece" thx for sharing :)

But i deffently can live with 50% wrong....

Catch a great evening :)

***suuuuuux***sorry Ritchie***

I take everything back.....just ran the recording paralel to the game sound in soundforge.....

Top dollar mr maddox...i climp back into my cave werry humbel....

Just run these two toghter from first one airborne 5:20 and its easy to compare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnVB94N6H9g

For Russian engine that is darn close to spot on :)

LTbear

Triggaaar
02-14-2011, 09:25 PM
The person who leaked this is a personal friend of one of our programmers. I anticipated exactly this kind of issue, Oleg warned me about this specifically. The programmer asked us to give his buddy beta access as a personal favor to him, and I in turn took the responsibility on myself. I got chewed up for this big time, and I'm seriously considering letting the programmer go.Sorry to hear that the trust of your team was miss-used. Oleg warned you, and he has been let down - you have also been let down. But it sounds like the programmer has been let down too.

Sounds like the programmer needs to work on an addon for free for a while as punishment :cool:

Richie
02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Jumped to my gaming puter threw on the headset turned it up....

Im going to 50% agree with you:-P

The general engine sound is better in COD, but i stil think the whistle is to low. Even listening to yours i have to say this :( "but your ecording is a true master piece" thx for sharing :)

But i deffently can live with 50% wrong....

Catch a great evening :)

***suuuuuux***sorry Ritchie***

I take everything back.....just ran the recording paralel to the game sound in soundforge.....

Top dollar mr maddox...i climp back into my cave werry humbel....

Just run these two toghter from first one airborne 5:20 and its easy to compare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnVB94N6H9g

For Russian engine that is darn close to spot on :)

LTbear

How about that ...I thought so lol. Plus you don't hear any wind at all in the other one. In those dives you can really hear that wind over take the noise of his engine...I love that :)
Anyway I have both disks and they're excellent. I also have a Hans-Jochim Maseille disk if you'd like to take a look. Five parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpLpcjN1Xgk

Heliocon
02-15-2011, 04:21 AM
I understand the problem with the leak, I have been a beta tester on many games and there is nothing more irritating to the devs and community then when someone leaks footage that reflects badly on the game compared to its release state.

On the other hand the videos were great, its kind of frustrating that we get very little info/vids here vs russia, and the only vids are jaggy. The videos he uploaded were very impressive and reflect well on the game, I wish you would release some more footage.

dosstx
02-15-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm sorry, but this video leak was by far the best promotional advertisement for the game that I have seen.

Please don't suspend the programmer. This was a great video.

Sutts
02-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm sorry, but this video leak was by far the best promotional advertisement for the game that I have seen.

I agree, very nice indeed. A few more of those wouldn't harm.:grin:

choctaw111
02-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Got a hard copy of every single one above....

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey 2009 360, PS3, PSP, NDS 1C Company <----geeeeez

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (Battle of Britain) March/25/2011 Windows Ubisoft<-----getting hard copy the second its out....

IL2 gamer since 2001....Well just abit from me lol....

LTbear

What about Sturmoviks over Manchuria?

Baron
02-15-2011, 12:14 PM

Well, in the real world companies tend to take breach of NDA a wee tad more serious than we do. In fact, the programmer/beta tester could go to jail or get a severe find.

NDA are there for a reason (especially when MILIONS are at stake). Not saying thats the case here but NDA isnt something u can brake just because u "feel" like it or because "its not a big deal", or the least valid reason, to make us morons in here happy.

Should he be fired? I for one would seriously consider it, just like Luthier is, but probably wouldn't in the end (unless something more serious comes into light) , i would however not in a milion years let him of the hook. He vouched for the "beta tester" and now he has to pay the price. (if it was up to me or my company).

Maby we all should try harder looking at things from their "business sense" perspective more often rather than "as long as we get our Friday fix" perspective.

addman
02-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Well, in the real world companies tend to take breach of NDA a wee tad more serious than we do. In fact, the programmer/beta tester could go to jail or get a severe find.

NDA are there for a reason (especially when MILIONS are at stake). Not saying thats the case here but NDA isnt something u can brake just because u "feel" like it or because "its not a big deal", or the least valid reason, to make us morons in here happy.

Should he be fired? I for one would seriously consider it, just like Luthier is, but probably wouldn't in the end (unless something more serious comes into light) , i would however not in a milion years let him of the hook. He vouched for the "beta tester" and now he has to pay the price. (if it was up to me or my company).

Maby we all should try harder looking at things from their "business sense" perspective more often rather than "as long as we get our Friday fix" perspective.

These are also my sentiments. There's a reason for having NDA's.

BadAim
02-15-2011, 12:52 PM
If Ilya were looking for my advice, I would tell him not to fire the programmer in question (Unless, as Baron said some collusion comes to light), because he was let down by his friend just as much as Oleg and Ilya were. In the end it was the beta tester who decided to break his word, and he should bear the brunt of the consequences.

I'm not surprised any more at how little a man's word means these days, but it still breaks my heart.

F19_Klunk
02-15-2011, 01:08 PM
If Ilya were looking for my advice, I would tell him not to fire the programmer in question (Unless, as Baron said some collusion comes to light), because he was let down by his friend just as much as Oleg and Ilya were.
+1

maclean525
02-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Regardless of the circumstances surrounding this leak, this video has finally restored my faith that COD is going to be something very special. With all of the low-rez screenshots, blurry handy-cam videos I was seriously worried.

Novotny
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Yes with IL-2 being such rubbish I didn't have high hopes for CoD at all. No hang on, I must be some sort of idiot that can't conceive of anything being possibly good without youtube evidence.

sfmadmax
02-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Even though posting those vids was wrong, I for one was very excited when I saw them. I can't wait for release next month :grin:

addman
02-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Yes with IL-2 being such rubbish I didn't have high hopes for CoD at all. No hang on, I must be some sort of idiot that can't conceive of anything being possibly good without youtube evidence.

Come on man! This is pre-release paranoia.:) Everybody's going ape-sh*t over something, sys reqs, grass shade, AA, crossfire/SLI compatibility (LOL on that one). Speaking for myself, I literally count the seconds until it's released. Wouldn't be a Maddox Games release without all these components:)

Novotny
02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Yes well, it's incredibly satisfying to see all the nay-sayers (omg it's going to be rubbish! they're hiding it 'cause it's awful!) suddenly silenced. I've never been some sort of delirious fan, but only a fool would think that the last ten years of IL2 didn't give a hint that their sequel might be pretty good too.

Baron
02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
If Ilya were looking for my advice, I would tell him not to fire the programmer in question (Unless, as Baron said some collusion comes to light), because he was let down by his friend just as much as Oleg and Ilya were. In the end it was the beta tester who decided to break his word, and he should bear the brunt of the consequences.

I'm not surprised any more at how little a man's word means these days, but it still breaks my heart.

I agree with that to.

I do hope the programmer in question and 1C rips the beta tester (wont say his name) a new one. I know i would. As far as legal means could take it (in 1C case) if for no other reason than just for the hell of it since i can only assume that that's the sentiments behind the leak itself. That "dude" strikes me as just that kind of person.

addman
02-15-2011, 01:40 PM
I have a moral dilemma with this one, although I loath the guy for doing it I also appreciate seeing the clips.

Novotny
02-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Regarding the programmer: I'm in no position to offer any advice, but if it were up to me, I would want to consider what sort of message my response to the leak would give to others thinking of disregarding the privacy agreements they signed.

Heliocon
02-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Yes breaching NDA is very seriouse and they could pursue legal channels to punish it, although it may be illegal to fire the programmer for it since he did not breach NDA, his friend did (not sure at all about russian laws but you could not to this in the US).

But again, it looks great, so why has all the footage we have seen looks crappy/jaggy/laggy/hand camera, if they were so worried about releasing footage of the game while "in progress" did they choose to show us rubish? This video is better quality and tells me more about the games look, feel and performance then everything we have received before combined. This is exactly what they should be doing more off (not the leaking, but showing videos like this).

Making a computer game is 2 parts
1. programming/making
2. Marketing/sales in order to facilitate 1

THe more of 2 = more of 1, I think this video has gone a long way to securing more pre orders for the game, without it I would not have (and was not going to) pre order.

Novotny
02-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Having never successfully launched an international release to continual critical acclaim and terrific sales, leading to complete domination of a market in which I had never previously competed in and which was, at the time, led by the largest company in the world, I shall decline to advice Mr Maddox on how best to release his next product.

Because I'm not a total retard, you see?

swiss
02-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes breaching NDA is very seriouse and they could pursue legal channels to punish it, although it may be illegal to fire the programmer for it since he did not breach NDA, his friend did (not sure at all about russian laws but you could not to this in the US).

It's actually luthier's who had to take the fire.
He was the person in charge - and he's replaceable just like anyone else.
The abuse of trust of friend of his programmer could potentially cost him his job.
Now I didn't say this option was ever considered, but maybe you understand why he was so pi$sed.

Royraiden
02-15-2011, 02:22 PM
It's actually luthier's who had to take the fire.
He was the person in charge - and he's replaceable just like anyone else.
The abuse of trust of friend of his programmer could potentially cost him his job.
Now I didn't say this option was ever considered, but maybe you understand why he was so pi$sed.

Replaceable like anyone else?You are saying that you want Luthier to be fired?I certainly dont understand what you meant, could you explain?

Sturm_Williger
02-15-2011, 02:24 PM
But again, it looks great, so why has all the footage we have seen looks crappy/jaggy/laggy/hand camera, if they were so worried about releasing footage of the game while "in progress" did they choose to show us rubish?

Dunno, maybe it's just me, but I never thought most of what they showed us looked rubbish. Might have had jaggies 'cos the AA was off, but that doesn't mean it has to stay off. Still looked streets ahead of IL2.

Does anyone remember that first video ( seems a long time ago now ) of the spitfire cockpit with the shadows etc. ? Yet somehow if some stills had jaggies, it was all bad ?

kendo65
02-15-2011, 03:20 PM
That video was a leak too!

(or at least unauthorised by Oleg)

Seems they have been extremely cautious in deciding what exactly goes out - the unofficial stuff has been the most encouraging and informative as to the state of play.

swiss
02-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Replaceable like anyone else?You are saying that you want Luthier to be fired?I certainly dont understand what you meant, could you explain?

I said(in general - not only related to this incident)

If you are the person in charge, taking responsibility actually makes you responsible if somethings fails(that's why your paycheck is usually bigger).

It doesn't have to be something you did in persona - but you have to take all the sh1t if your subordinate fuçks up - worst case such incidents can get both fired.
Seen such stuff in RL(no I wasn't involved).

Got it?

Kwiatek
02-15-2011, 03:50 PM
I think guy who laked these 2 videos should get a medal beacuse he showed at least for now the best videos from COD not crap ones like before :P

I think such expected simulator deserve for much better trailer then recently offical one.

The Kraken
02-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Those videos were pretty neat and it was nice to finally watch some continuous footage not recorded with a smartphone, or cut up into 1 second chunks for a trailer. But on the other hand there was nearly nothing in them we hadn't already seen before (basically the ground crash and that's it), and usually in better resolution. Really wondering why some people suddenly go from "crap" to "wonderful" because of that...?

LukeFF
02-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I think guy who laked these 2 videos should get a medal beacuse he showed at least for now the best videos from COD not crap ones like before :P

And how old are you?

Richie
02-15-2011, 09:22 PM
The guys who always had faith are going to raise to bird to the non believers with great pleasure. :)

dosstx
02-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Now you guys know how it is with wikileaks. They leaked documents. That was illegal, yet, everyone says they deserve a medal.

Avala
02-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Now you guys know how it is with wikileaks. They leaked documents. That was illegal, yet, everyone says they deserve a medal.

Eerr . . . that was actually farce, show for the media, they leaked nothing that anybody already knew. And if you think that was something important in those "documents", they got you exactly where they wanted you. http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/liebe/a015.gif

swiss
02-15-2011, 11:30 PM

You should work on your perception. Everyone?
Certain groups of people, certain media...
They don't - certain information don't have top be available for public for the sole reason it's none of their business.

Royraiden
02-16-2011, 12:24 AM

Publishing the truth is never illegal.Publishing something that is not your own on the other hand is illegal.

Richie
02-16-2011, 01:16 AM
The programmers friend who put it up should be slapped around a bit but I'm glad I saw it. In my opinion one can't scorn the other for swooning over such a great clip. It's too bad it was a leaked video. The crap that Ilya went threw must have been very unpleasant. Just think how good the gold version clips are going to be.

SimHq Tom Cofield
02-16-2011, 06:11 AM

Ugh, sorry to hear about that. While the video was amazing it is too bad that it caused such heartburn for you and the team. Unfortunately what it will end up doing is creating more fear of leaks and less trust of testers and programmers. It is a natural reaction of course and too bad because that trust is very hard to get back once it is gone.

SimHq Tom Cofield
02-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Publishing the truth is never illegal.Publishing something that is not your own on the other hand is illegal.

That's a pretty simplistic line of thinking. Just because something is truthful doesn't necessarily mean it is right in publishing it. If you publish something that allows people access and ability to harm thousands of people, especially innocent people, then you aren't really doing any good.

major_setback
02-16-2011, 12:35 PM

And if that something contains documents of war crimes then it might need to be done, illegal or not.
Legality does not define what is right.

kendo65
02-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Going back to the video - one of the things that impressed me most was as the Hurricane got into its take-off run there was a real feeling of speed due to the textured long grass shooting past either side of the grass runway.

Great sensation and a big improvement on il-2.

Heliocon
02-16-2011, 03:25 PM

Probably the most igorrant and worst comment you could of possibly made in this thread.

Wikileaks did not leak anything, they released information leaked by a member of the intelligence community and are therefore not doing anything illegal. They are protected under the constituition and can desminate the information as they wish as they are publishing or presenting it, not leaking it. If they encouraged the leak then they may be guilty of a crime but as of now that has not been proven.

As for my personal opinion on their actions I wont go into, but it was not illegal and is not comparable to this game footage leak.

edit: Sorry your thinking is simplistic. The leaks incase you did not realise had the names of parties removed from them, so "thousands of innocent people" is a bit of an exageration.

Royraiden
02-16-2011, 04:54 PM
That's a pretty simplistic line of thinking. Just because something is truthful doesn't necessarily mean it is right in publishing it. If you publish something that allows people access and ability to harm thousands of people, especially innocent people, then you aren't really doing any good.

Definitely.Wrong use of words by me then.

JG52Uther
02-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Of course,with all the internal grief this has undoubtably caused at 1C, showing us cool stuff on a Friday has probably slipped quite far down the 'to do' list...

wallydog69
02-17-2011, 05:29 AM
Every time I check in on the progress, the game looks better and better. Eagerly awaiting the release. In the meantime here's a little video from the world of FSX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S55JsYiRKs0&hd=1