PDA

View Full Version : Another new vid, 12 2 2011.

RedToo
02-12-2011, 11:58 AM
http://kanobu.ru/video/id191912/

Originally found by furbs over at Sim HQ.

RedToo.

Sauf
02-12-2011, 12:07 PM
nice find

Royraiden
02-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Something like that is what we have been waiting for!

FS~Phat
02-12-2011, 01:00 PM
OMG :grin:

David198502
02-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Something like that is what we have been waiting for!

great!!!thats some input!!!
unfortunately i dont understand a word.

furbs
02-12-2011, 01:09 PM
http://kanobu.ru/video/id191912/

Originally found by furbs over at Sim HQ.

RedToo.

Thanks...iam the COD hunter :)

RedToo
02-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Thanks...iam the COD hunter :)

That works on several levels :)

RedToo.

Royraiden
02-12-2011, 01:24 PM
Check more videos and info here http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18667&page=13

Trumper
02-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Why do we have to find everything out by digging around,this has got to be the worst advertised and promoted item of any description.
It is either 3rd hand via a cam corder or dug out on a foreign station.
If they don't want anyone to see it ,fine .
I wonder if it is actually nowhere near finished so they are limited to what they can show us.Alot of the footage in that clip is old footage.
I hope for the best but am wondering,they are talking about patches on release--- well .
My comments on the video,some of it looks good,the AI still move in a jerky way and all at once when in formation and the little snippet of audio sounded like the old il2 lawnmowers ,maybe that is why videos are not being released yet.
I live in hope but until they can release a good quality ingame video my doubts remain.

Royraiden
02-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Why do we have to find everything out by digging around,this has got to be the worst advertised and promoted item of any description.
I wonder if it is actually nowhere near finished so they are limited to what they can show us.Alot of the footage in that clip is old footage.
I hope for the best but am wondering,they are talking about patches on release--- well .
My comments on the video,some of it looks good,the AI still move in a jerky way and all at once when in formation and the little snippet of audio sounded like the old il2 lawnmowers ,maybe that is why videos are not being released yet.
I live in hope but until they can release a good quality ingame video my doubts remain.

Watch the other videos and read some info about the presentation.

1.JaVA_Sharp
02-12-2011, 01:44 PM
think about this;

What's the best way to advertise; word of mouth. If I go to a show like that make a little movie of what I'm seeing and put in on the net, how many more people do I reach then paying for an ad in a gamemag?

Trumper
02-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Watch the other videos and read some info about the presentation.

:) I have watched the videos and generally comments about them from others ask about things "has this been switched off" or it has been edited and cut. I have read what i can that is published in English but lets be honest alot is translated or copied from other sites.
I agree ,word of mouth and getting others to spread the links and word is the best way,but can't do it if you can't find it or understand it.
I hope they do find a way of getting the message across,it isn't long now before it is out.
We will all buy it BUT anyone casually looking on from a distance may not.

arjisme
02-12-2011, 02:42 PM

Keep in mind that it is the non-Russian sites that are the "foreign station."

arjisme
02-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Overall, I like what I see in that video. One thing did catch my eye that I would like to see changed. Around 1:04 you can see AI wingman performing almost perfectly syncronized manouvers. It's as if they are flying via one joystick. Same with the wingman flying with the pilot in the video. It doesn't look natural that they can react that fast and instantly keep their wings in the same plane as their leader. I hope they will look at that and introduce some believable lag in reaction times.

B25Mitch
02-12-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm pretty sure they repeated all the footage at least once! Great find though, thanks :)

Tvrdi
02-12-2011, 03:30 PM
hell yeah, btw some nice info inside

Rodolphe
02-12-2011, 04:18 PM

I love this gorgeous view of the Channel.

http://users.teledisnet.be/web/mfe39146/FarD.jpg

addman
02-12-2011, 05:17 PM

I was thinking just the same!:) It looks so real with that heat haze going on over at the cliffs and it looks like it's quite far away. One of the most impressive things I've seen so far graphics wise.

BadAim
02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
That could quite easily be mistaken for a photograph.

Chivas
02-12-2011, 05:39 PM

It sounds like they are still having frame rate issues and are hard at work optimizing the sim. I don't blame them for holding back information that can only hurt marketing especially by a few in the forum who'd act like mad dogs killing chickens. The good new is the publisher/developer can make smooth videos from the game and are in the process of Luthier narrating them.

As far as marketing goes there is plenty of time to market the finished product. There is no rule that say the game must sell out the day its released.

Tree_UK
02-12-2011, 05:49 PM
The 2 most concerning things for me are the frame rates, most of the videos I have watched turn into a slide show whenever terrain comes into view, this is most likely the reason the Dev's are reluctant to shows us any unedited footage from a pilots perspective over land. The other concern is the dreadful sound. Who was the guy that did those great sound Mods for Il2, surely he could send some wav's over to Oleg for a small credit on the box.

philip.ed
02-12-2011, 06:39 PM
The 2 most concerning things for me are the frame rates, most of the videos I have watched turn into a slide show whenever terrain comes into view, this is most likely the reason the Dev's are reluctant to shows us any unedited footage from a pilots perspective over land. The other concern is the dreadful sound. Who was the guy that did those great sound Mods for Il2, surely he could send some wav's over to Oleg for a small credit on the box.

That sound is most likely the placement sounds; by the looks of things the video was made on one of the BETA versions...unless the new sound doesn't make initial release.
I think we need to see the first release as a stepping stone. We're not going to get everything we want in the first package, but there will be elements which we will surely love, and elements which will need improving. I can't think of a single game that was perfect on release, although I know that you're not suggeting this, Tree. ;)
I for one am happy to wait, (naive?) in the knowledge that CoD will greatly expand beyond my beliefs.

furbs
02-12-2011, 07:16 PM
If the sound doesnt make the release then something has really gone FUBAR, phil...come on.

philip.ed
02-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, I agree Furbs, but I for one could wait for it (I suppose because I won't be able to play it on release, anyway)
However, it would be annoying; especially if a feature like spit girl is put in it's place...

Mysticpuma
02-12-2011, 07:32 PM
I think by the time P-51's, P-47's, B-17's and B-24's are released all these issues will be fixed? ;)

Still doesn't interest me though. The only thing I see at the moment is HDR lighting and a slightly nicer sea. Clouds look the same as we have now, I hate (the historically correct) tracer without any tracer smoke, looks like X-wing tracer as they don't actually fall away, looks like realistic gunnery has been turned off? Also, wouldn't tracer brightness 'decay' for each bullet slightly differently? I think the problem 'visually' for me with the tracer is they all look the same with no variation, this of-course could be changed....

I'm sticking with IL2 for my simming and Wings of Prey for my candy!

Cheers, MP

Tree_UK
02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
I think by the time P-51's, P-47's, B-17's and B-24's are released all these issues will be fixed? ;)

Still doesn't interest me though. The only thing I see at the moment is HDR lighting and a slightly nicer sea. Clouds look the same as we have now, I hate (the historically correct) tracer without any tracer smoke, looks like X-wing tracer as they don't actually fall away, looks like realistic gunnery has been turned off? Also, wouldn't tracer brightness 'decay' for each bullet slightly differently? I think the problem 'visually' for me with the tracer is they all look the same with no variation, this of-course could be changed....

Cheers, MP

It did look more promising all those years ago in that video you made at Birmingham Mystic.

furbs
02-12-2011, 09:26 PM
what utter cracken boobynuff Tree :)

Ploughman
02-12-2011, 10:44 PM

Cheers, MP

Almost certainly right about the gunnery, it's scalable and so has probably been turned off. The full new weather is available in the FMB but it's the code hasn't been refined enough to allow it to populate the sim at large, so it's a 'use at peril' thing at the moment that's so complex it jams the large map but may be playable on some high end machines on one of the smaller maps. Untill it's refined we're stuck with fluffy clouds and map wide mono-directional wind. It will be refined and introduced at some future point.

Of course if not enough people buy the sim Oleg and his minions will have to find other means of support. If you can find enough money to buy the Paris Hilton of flight sims, perhaps you can find enough to support this one. Even if you don't like the tracers or the plane-set, think of the joy of a much more fully modelled departure from flight when you wing stall your Su-26/109/Spitfire or wafting around in a Tiger Moth? We've yet to see what this sim really has to offer, but I already reckon it's worth at least the price of a £29.99 download and some rocket in Oleg's pocket, which is hardly a curry for two is it?

jt_medina
02-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I think it was turned off.
Take a look to that link
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18667&page=15

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/zakkandrachoff/smok1.jpg

zauii
02-12-2011, 11:31 PM

I think the sounds are a little more advanced than for a random person to send over a few simple wave files.., lets hope that they've recorded the sound in multiple stages and model the speed of sound with hopefully a good and improved sound engine.

kikque
02-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Well I'm really impressed, thanks a lot for posting the link to this video Redtoo and furbs! The aircraft look great. It looks like the Blenheim is flyable...fantastic (I expect most people knew that already :)). I'm new to the forum but I've already enjoyed reading the discussions.

I know a couple of things may seem rough around the edges, but just imagine the potential of this title in terms of follow-up development from Oleg and the mod community. I'm really looking forward to the release, if only you could pre-order a CE or standard copy in the U.K.

Trumper
02-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Keep in mind that it is the non-Russian sites that are the "foreign station."
:) I agree from the developers point of view :) BUT please remember for us all in the UK and commonwealth countries this is a HUGE part of our modern history.

Sutts
02-13-2011, 08:36 AM

http://users.teledisnet.be/web/mfe39146/FarD.jpg

I see the pilot's head is still firmly glued to the headrest. I thought that issue was fixed? Looks quite odd.

Agree about the gorgeous backdrop though.

furbs
02-13-2011, 09:33 AM
I see the pilot's head is still firmly glued to the headrest. I thought that issue was fixed? Looks quite odd.

Agreed it does look odd...also i hope they add some delay to the bail outs...at the moment it takes about half a second!

but it is looking very very pretty...photo real the planes, sky and sea :)

blades96
02-13-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm liking the music in these videos a lot. Is it taken from somewhere else or was it specially commissioned for the game?

David198502
02-13-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm liking the music in these videos a lot. Is it taken from somewhere else or was it specially commissioned for the game?

the second song,where the blenheim takes off was already used in birds of prey!

Ravenous
02-13-2011, 11:22 AM

Not 100% sure, but it sounded like Wings of Prey to me?
Might be because CoD doesn't really have any music out yet or something, so they used WOP's music to have something more than just the narration

Damn, too late:D

Tacoma74
02-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Yes, i wonder what kind of music will be in the final version. Such an epic game needs some epic music :cool:

Baron
02-13-2011, 12:16 PM

I usually dont "nitpick" but im gonna have to agree on that one.

addman
02-13-2011, 12:43 PM
I hope the circus track makes a comeback:grin:

Cpt Dremmen
02-13-2011, 12:44 PM
im codzilla