PDA

View Full Version : What to write about CoD?

Alien
02-11-2011, 04:40 PM
I've just been asked to write announcement/preview or whatever it's called in english for best polish game magazine (CD-Action, if someone doesn't know). I don't know yet how much time I've got to do it, but I think about a week or few days. I can post here translated version for those who want.

But what I need is some help, what exactly I have to write about, because we've got too many informations for that. I expect it should be below 10 000 types and have some additionary screens, so I should choose only the best shots and the most important info. So please help me choosing them.

PS. I don't work for them, if you want to know.

pupo162
02-11-2011, 04:46 PM
--- double posted ----

pupo162
02-11-2011, 04:48 PM
in short:

-its a WW2 flight sim

-made by the same team who made the original il-2

-Nothing to do with the console game, or call of duty

-New levels of realism and graphics

-NAme 2 o3 features "normal " people will like: campaign, spitfire killing bad germans, insane multyplayer.

-The first entry of what fans hope to be a big sequel with multiple addons allong the years.

Avoid:

-going into to mcuh detail about planes ( dont tell hoe many they are, 12 sounds too litle TBH, sipite not being),

-Give a warning its a SIM but make sure to tell every noob can pick it up and adjust it to is feelings.

just some tips, give the people wath they want, and they will make oleg a happy men! oh, and congrets on the opportunity!

cheers!

Alien
02-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Yeah, but it's for ONE thousand types. What about the others? Should I get point on AI or graphics? On realism or cool better FMB? you know, what I'm saying.

Flyby
02-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Alien,
Don't forget to mention that Polish virtual pilots can take to the skies and fly the same planes their heroes flew in World War 2 (as pilots in the Polish squadrons of the RAF) during this famous battle. That would be a "must" statement for me, were I writing this article.
Otherwise, I'd mention the scalabilty of sim to suit the arcade flyer as well as the "realist" player. Then I'd talk about the features of the sim mentioned on this site, and maybe post one of the videos, plus lots of screen shots. ;)
Flyby out

pupo162
02-11-2011, 05:06 PM
no need for AI, or at least just mention it something like

"the player will have the opportunity to fly as a spitfire against the overwelming german forces over a huge campaigns against a state of the art AI."

Dispite the enlighteen words are waht people who know next to nothing about ww2 sims will be interested in. since you are from poland consider the " you are also able to take part on the Polish squad who was of major influence in the BOB" <--- if any ignorant doesnt know what you are talking about, we will google it and get interested. (flyby aproves ;) )

dont mention the FMB, most people will need tobe interest in the game before wanting to make missions. people rather here " play 1000 missions" rather than "make your own".

just an opinion

Alien
02-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I really want to write about ability of flying planes with polish insignias, but I didn't notice Oleg confirming this. And I don't want to write unchecked info.

Oh, and I didn't meantion that my birthday is on sunday, so it's the best unexcepted birthday present for me :D

pupo162
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
try to PM oleg,

speculationm, after the "repeat please" who else would be the renegade pilots :grin:

Alien
02-11-2011, 06:09 PM
I really hate this one (,,repeat please"). Well, not the scene itself, but how they presented polish pilots and WHEN!!! The real situation:
30th of August. 303rd squadron was ,,playing with blenheims" and suddenly Ludwik Paszkiewicz (read: Loodvik Pu(like ,,u" in word ,,duck")shkievich) spotted formation of enemy planes. He reported this to John Kent, squadron leader. Kent ordered them to cover blenheims and head home, but Paszkiewicz was too angry on Brits for not allowing experienced pilots to fight, broke off and shot down a 110. Then he spotted that he's ALONE and turned back. Now what we see in the movie:
Second week of september. ,,T5" is training. Suddenly, polish pilot spots german formation and starts dialogue: ,,Germans! Germans, down there!" ,,I don't see them, where?" ,,Down there, to the right! I'm going for them!" ,,I see them". Then dialogue which everyone here understood (because in english). Later some screamings; ,,I have him!" ,,I'm behind you!" ,,Bastards are shooting at us". Then ,,I've got him! He's hit, son of a bi*ch" ,,He's smoking" (explosion) ,,I'm going out to the right". Kent screams at them to shut up.
The most unacceptable thing for me isn't showing them talking in polish, but showing them as a group of old kids which can't sit in one place and are too excited to remember english, which, by the way, was well known by them at the moment. And the date. On 7th of september they shot down 13 Do 17s and couple of 109s (I'm not sure about Messers) and forced the 40-bomber formation to turn back to France. So showing incorrect actions from 30th of august as actions from 7th+ of september is deleting their earlier actions (i.e. the first official combat mission from 31st of august, in which flight A shot down 6 Me 109s without losing or even having damaged a single fighter and flight B wasn't in action). It's scandal!

pupo162
02-11-2011, 06:28 PM
to be honet with you, the movie never deminished the polish and i never saw them as old kids. i dint ment to insult you. My favorite scene on the movie to be honest, good humor and somewhat of inspiring side story. I normally like scenes where the ones who dont get recognized finnally get so.

bad example of mine, i apologize.

Alien
02-11-2011, 06:44 PM
You couldn't expect what my sick head would think :) But turning back to features, do you think telling about those things you've pointed and taking more from experience of this guy who flew 109 not so long ago is enough? Maybe I should write that AI has own ,,personalities" and is *DRASTICALLY* better than old one and that it's a new game on own engine, uninstall-overable? And tell that engine is so complex that even pistons work separately and can be damaged without damaging the rest of engine. Or that pilot will be able to jump in to other plane's cockpit.

pupo162
02-11-2011, 07:30 PM
i advise you to avoid comaprissions with old il2.

saying AI is better than the old, means 0 to one who knows not old. Saying its a new system, better than anyone, or something more fancy, with no comparisson is better. Mentioning personnality is good. I would prefer not go into detail. saying pistos can be damaged = not interesting for "noobs" saying wings can break off in 100 different ways, and planes will explode in other 100 different = this is awsome reaction.

my opinion is that you shold try to sell the game to those who would normally not knew about it. flight sim is a tight community, and most who already here are aware of il2 and its sucessor. a pc magazine is most likely read by FPS RPG and other more "common" games. i used to read this mags, until i got hooked to il2 to the point of barely playing nothing else, i eventually gave up on this mags becouse it had no games of my interest.