PDA

View Full Version : Spit Girl

Tree_UK
02-10-2011, 10:45 PM
By all accounts in the single player campaign there is a mission to rescue Spit Girl, if that is the case how will I know that Ive got her in my plane and sitting on my knee, especially when I cant even see my own legs? Will Spit girls ass be covering the plexi glass? Just wondered. Oh, and the whole storey about a pilot shooting down an enemy bomber at night with a lass on his knee - well that is a joke right?

Royraiden
02-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Didnt you see the pictures and videos of this?It shows the pilot with the girl sitting on his lap.

furbs
02-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Yes but i fly full real, i dont use outside views....unless we get some sort of movie cut scene...then i would prob throw up.

Tree_UK
02-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Thats my point Furb, if you fly full real you wont be able to see her in your cockpit, which would kind of make the whole thing pointless. On the subject of single campaigns is there a single campaign for every flyable aircraft?

Royraiden
02-10-2011, 11:01 PM
There were a few scenes inside the cockpit.Didnt you see that?

Tree_UK
02-10-2011, 11:02 PM
There were a few scenes inside the cockpit.Didnt you see that?

No ive not seen that, all Ive seen is one single picture, not seen any video? Can I have a link please.

furbs
02-10-2011, 11:03 PM
No Roy, not seen them anywhere...can you post a link...would be interesting to see mate.

Royraiden
02-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCAHUxQgUfc&feature=player_embedded

Looks quite glitchy though.

furbs
02-10-2011, 11:11 PM
cheers...not seen that before...not sure about the sideburns though :)

Tree_UK
02-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Nice find Roy, i hadn't seen that. well that answer my question.

Royraiden
02-10-2011, 11:19 PM
cheers...not seen that before...not sure about the sideburns though :)

Nice find Roy, i hadn't seen that. well that answer my question.

Told you it was glitchy :).Did Oleg talked about having the pilots inside the cockpits?Since it is shown here, it would be weird not to have them for the rest of the missions.

Jaws2002
02-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Don't you guys want to have any surprises when this game finally comes out? You want to know absolutely everything beforehand?
Where's the fun in that.
This is a new game. Don't ask question about every little bits and pieces. Let us discover things. Let us have a few surprises please. :(

Royraiden
02-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Don't you guys want to have any surprises when this game finally comes out? You want to know absolutely everything beforehand?
Where's the fun in that.
This is a new game. Don't ask question about every little bits and pieces. Let us discover things. Let us have a few surprises please. :(

I try, but its hard.We will have a lot of surprises anyways, Im sure of that.

Blackdog_kt
02-11-2011, 01:59 AM
I don't think we'll have our own pilot visible, but we'll see others in the aircraft.

For example, if i'm flying a Blenheim i won't be able to see my legs but i'll be able to see the bomb aimer up front in the nose of the aircraft (there is a recent screenshot of this exact thing).

I suppose this will work in a similar fashion for other aircraft too. So, if i'm flying a He111 i'll probably be able to see the bomb aimer, but if i switch to the bomb aimer's position i won't be able to see him. However, i guess that if i am at the bomb aimer's seat and turn the camera around i'll be able to now see the pilot.

If it's confusing you think of it like this: crewmen are visible as long as you are not occupying their seat.

It's safe to assume that it's not because our PCs can't handle it, if they couldn't we wouldn't be getting any visible crewmen at all in the internal views. I think it has to do with the fact that there will be the option to click on the cockpit switches, so having a 3d model of ourselves occupying the seats would obscure too much.

Just think of a pilot with his right hand on the stick and the left on the throttle, a visible 3d model of this would obscure the lower half of the instrument panel (where the compass is on the british fighters) and half the left pedestal where usually things like flaps, landing gear and trim controls are.

Sure, i'm not going to click on the flaps or the gear (i'll use the mouse for the secondary controls to reduce the amount of keybindings i'll need to remember, the primary stuff will still be on stick and keyboard), but it's good to be able to look around and see at what position it's set because we've been already told that there are no HUD messages anymore (at least on higher difficulty settings, don't know about the rest). Same for the engine instruments, especially now with the improved engine model, and some of them are also low on the instrument panel (temperature gauges in the 109s for example).

I think that if there was a pilot figure in the seat i currently occupy i'd also need a key to toggle him on/off (much like it's done in Black Shark i think), so that i can see what's behind the guy's arms when i need to.

Most probably i wouldn just toggle him off and leave it there (i prefer ease of use in the interface so that i can fly with higher difficulty settings over realistic visuals at the expense of controlling my aircraft), but i'm all for options so i wouldn't mind as long as i can turn it off.

White Owl
02-11-2011, 04:24 AM
Ok, I'll accept the story about shooting down a bomber with a girl on your lap. Doesn't sound likely, but still possible.

But there's no freaking way anybody's going to bail out of the plane holding the girl in one arm, enter freefall, pull the ripcord with the other hand, then hang onto her through the parachute's opening shock. Ain't gonna happen.

Romanator21
02-11-2011, 05:52 AM
But there's no freaking way anybody's going to bail out of the plane holding the girl in one arm, enter freefall, pull the ripcord with the other hand, then hang onto her through the parachute's opening shock. Ain't gonna happen.

She's obviously over-modeled. Would you rather she were porked? ;) *wink wink nudge nudge*

Kye
02-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Ok, I'll accept the story about shooting down a bomber with a girl on your lap. Doesn't sound likely, but still possible.

Extreme Tandem skydiving. Could catch on.

It's just a bit of fun. Although I suspect she would really hamper the visibility to the right hand side.

JAMF
02-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Told you it was glitchy :).Did Oleg talked about having the pilots inside the cockpits?Since it is shown here, it would be weird not to have them for the rest of the missions.I think it's been mentioned a few times that there were to be no 'avatars' in the cockpits. So it's weird to see the pilot's hands in that clip.

winny
02-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Thats my point Furb, if you fly full real you wont be able to see her in your cockpit,

Do you just post the first thing that comes into your head regardless of whether it's right or wrong? Bold statement, completley wrong.

kendo65
02-11-2011, 09:49 AM
She's obviously over-modeled. Would you rather she were porked? ;) *wink wink nudge nudge*

:) That's just the worst one ever- even worse than some of my previous efforts

ckolonko
02-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I think the first thing I'll do is try to make her fall out.

Foo'bar
02-11-2011, 10:37 AM
I don't think we'll have our own pilot visible, but we'll see others in the aircraft.

Ok then, lets take a look to the facts.

Tree_UK
02-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Do you just post the first thing that comes into your head regardless of whether it's right or wrong? Bold statement, completley wrong.

I read your post, but i best not type the first thing that came into my head, the second thing that came into my head was, 'I think I love you winney'.

winny
02-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I read your post, but i best not type the first thing that came into my head, the second thing that came into my head was, 'I think I love you winney'.

Aww ta. Makes me wanna Hug a Tree...

Blackdog_kt
02-11-2011, 12:29 PM

Well, that's what i was saying more or less...it's the only mission out of all the igromir clips where the pilot figure can be seen. In the dozens of videos from that expo there is no sign of a 3d model on the spot occupied by the player apart from this mission.

winny
02-11-2011, 12:41 PM

I've said it before but it's still apt.. I hope that's the stick in his hand...

First thing I'm gonna do on this mission is open the canopy, get inverted and then follow her down.

1.JaVA_Sharp
02-11-2011, 01:12 PM
First thing I'm gonna do on this mission is open the canopy, get inverted and then follow her down.

that's been done before; from 19 minutes onward......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ3K98i02UE

Hunger
02-11-2011, 01:53 PM
I've said it before but it's still apt.. I hope that's the stick in his hand...

Well then just hope she doesn´t try to get hold of your stick to prevent falling out of the cockpit while you fly inverted.

Sorry couldnt resist.

Regards
Hunger

winny
02-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Well then just hope she doesn´t try to get hold of your stick to prevent falling out of the cockpit while you fly inverted.

Sorry couldnt resist.

Regards
Hunger

Oooh.. Ouch!

KG26_Alpha
02-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Ahem ..........gentlemen.

OP's questions been answered.