PDA

View Full Version : CoD Training

Gribbers
02-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Hi, long time forum reader, first time thread poster :)

Been playing IL2 since it was first released, and absolutely love it!

However, almost everything I've learnt has been through reading the various posts because the I found the training missions in IL2 were awfully slow and un-informative. And more to the point there was no option to fast forward/rewind.

I understand from previous posts that CoD will have upgraded training missions with an AI instructor, but does anyone know whether there'll be a fast forward/rewind option. Or any other features that might be of interest?

:confused:

Ravenous
02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Don't take my word for this as 100% garantuee, but as far as I can remember there is a Flight School for training where you're going to fly the Tiger Moth yourself while the instructor guides you through the procedures.

I'm hoping it will be a slightly simplified variant of the real thing a first-time pilot would have gone through before getting his wings and being deployed to a Spit or Hurri squadron:P (taxiing, take-off, manouvers, communicating with groundcontrol, formation-flying perhaps, and landing)

But has anyone else seen anything about gunnery and squadron level fighting training?

Alien
02-10-2011, 03:15 PM
luthier confirmed not-so-long time ago that we'll have online training with human instluctor, too, so don't worry.

Gribbers
02-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys.

Looking forward to formation and ground control training...my weak points. ;)

Ravenous
02-11-2011, 11:44 AM
hehe, i'm kinda hoping for some more formation-training myself:P i tend to just be close by incase something happens too my flight, not really in formation at all:D