PDA

View Full Version : Any of our Russian friends care to translate?

Blackdog_kt
02-10-2011, 04:20 AM
I just came across a linked youtube video on SimHQ that was uploaded back in November.

Now i don't speak Russian, but being Greek i can somewhat read it (alphabets are somewhat similar and a Russian guy i used to know explained the different characters to me once), the title says "Igromir 2010 interview for IL2: battle of Britain game" and guess what, it's almost 14 minutes long :cool:

It's a Maddox/Shevchenko interview but i sadly don't understand more than the title :grin:

The footage is not all CoD, in fact IL2 and WoP feature prominently, but apparently CoD is discussed.

Luckily, a guy who speaks Russian already provided a limited summary and he said he'll try to post again on SimHQ with more information. What he said:

WOW, Oleg talks about every aspect of the game in this interview. We are in for a real treat here. He sums it up by saying if you like flying you will be glued to the cockpit.
Ilya hints at the possibility of western eastern and african theaters in the future. If this game will be anything in terms of add ons and updates like IL2 we will have something for everyone in this one. There is mention of hardware as well. Oleg talks about how theoreticly it will be possible to have a 1000 planes in the air in multiplayer If your hardware can run it.
There are more details on the engine modeling and damage but I dont understand it that well. Im gonna ask a friend at work who is a web master to translate it for me.
Ill report back :)

Now, if the bolded part holds merit it would be interesting to have some kind of translation, it's 13 minutes 15 seconds of people talking about stuff we probably know nothing about but want to ;)
Also, we lack the hardware to display them, but the netcode could possibly support 1000 planes in multiplayer if we had the CPU and GPU to run it? Holy Batman, in a couple of years this is going to be immense!

I guess it's no harm posting it here as well if it helps speed up the translation efforts.
So, any Russian speaking volunteers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh1_mly_oZs&feature=player_embedded

Royraiden
02-10-2011, 04:45 AM
Please some translations!!Thanks for posting this.If Im not mistaken Oleg talked a bit about bullet drop and tracers??!!

Heliocon
02-10-2011, 05:54 AM
I just came across a linked youtube video on SimHQ that was uploaded back in November.

Now i don't speak Russian, but being Greek i can somewhat read it (alphabets are somewhat similar and a Russian guy i used to know explained the different characters to me once), the title says "Igromir 2010 interview for IL2: battle of Britain game" and guess what, it's almost 14 minutes long :cool:

It's a Maddox/Shevchenko interview but i sadly don't understand more than the title :grin:

The footage is not all CoD, in fact IL2 and WoP feature prominently, but apparently CoD is discussed.

Luckily, a guy who speaks Russian already provided a limited summary and he said he'll try to post again on SimHQ with more information. What he said:

Now, if the bolded part holds merit it would be interesting to have some kind of translation, it's 13 minutes 15 seconds of people talking about stuff we probably know nothing about but want to ;)
Also, we lack the hardware to display them, but the netcode could possibly support 1000 planes in multiplayer if we had the CPU and GPU to run it? Holy Batman, in a couple of years this is going to be immense!

I guess it's no harm posting it here as well if it helps speed up the translation efforts.
So, any Russian speaking volunteers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh1_mly_oZs&feature=player_embedded

Very strange - all that gameplay footage before 7:00 is Wings of Prey, in fact I know those specific missions. One of them is Sicily, and the p51d footage is from the first battle of the bulge mission I believe.

albx
02-10-2011, 06:01 AM
My wife translated for me, he just say that this is a completely new game, then he says that everything is simulated, from the single cylinder of the engine and when the interviewer ask oleg what plane he likes, he says spitfire, than he talks about multiplayer and settings there, arcade mode that the shooting will be more easy, straight bullets, and that's all. Sure some russian here will translate all... but why are they showing wings of prey?? :-)

Alberto

swiss
02-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Your wife or your partner?
If it's the first you may want add an "s" to "he" so it becomes "she".

albx
02-10-2011, 10:25 AM
WIFE, "he" is refered to OLEG :-P
sorry for the confusion :grin:

Triggaaar
02-10-2011, 10:41 AM
when the interviewer ask oleg what plane he likes, he says spitfireThat's all we need to know :D

swiss
02-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Anyone else I'm having a déjà-vu?

12-2020: Spit FM is finally fixed

Tvrdi
02-10-2011, 11:25 AM
That's all we need to know :D

really? why do you think it matters?

Triggaaar
02-10-2011, 11:49 AM
really?No, not really. CoD is a game.

Tvrdi
02-10-2011, 12:31 PM
No, not really. CoD is a game.

Mate Spitfire would not be overmodelled just because he likes it.....now, read your prewhines in your room..alone

Avimimus
02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
No, not really. CoD is a game.

Do we really need to write "a" game? Russians seem to get buy with out it.

Blackdog_kt
02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Come on guys, let's not get into a slagging match over no reason, it's the translation we're after :grin:

Heliocon
02-10-2011, 06:34 PM
I want to know if the vid makers added this footage or if Oleg gave them WOP footage and said it was COD...

T}{OR
02-10-2011, 06:41 PM
IIRC this is a rather old video someone linked 2-3 months ago. Yes, it uses WoP shots and tells us nothing new. Friday is tomorrow. ;)

Matt255
02-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Or next week, because Oleg & Co. are busy with this event they're going to.

major_setback
02-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Anyone else I'm having a déjà-vu?

12-2020: Spit FM is finally fixed

All over again.

Royraiden
02-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Or next week, because Oleg & Co. are busy with this event they're going to.

That could mean that there's going to be video presentations or features explained.Fingers crossed :rolleyes:

LukeFF
02-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I want to know if the vid makers added this footage or if Oleg gave them WOP footage and said it was COD...

And what would that prove?

Raggz
02-10-2011, 09:42 PM
My god, this forum is overflooded with idiots lol!!!

Heliocon
02-11-2011, 04:33 AM
And what would that prove?

Who the provider of the footage was and why they have footage of another game when they are presenting/talking about COD...
Try reading the post you quote.