PDA

View Full Version : cliffs of dover audio thread.

diveplane
02-05-2011, 09:46 PM
really hoping the dev team get the audios nailed this time, having seen one of the videos so far, the internal audios they are very good, however its the externals? that intrest me more, getting those near perfect will be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2nlGN6aS8g&feature=related
..................waiting for a decent video on this..:-P

Sven
02-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Who needs to be on the outside of an airplane anyway?:grin:

Just joking, but I tend to spend my time inside the cockpit more than outside, but I do hope the ´outside´ sound will be good enough to make some decent videos:) We've heard some external sounds in the official trailer, but I don't know if those were really ingame as well.

highness
02-06-2011, 03:28 AM
some awesome CGI job & sound here:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/fNJ8rIEPLOo

Biggs
02-06-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm not going to go dig up the quote, but luthier already mentioned that the audio (engine sounds/ gun sounds) are synthed.... They werent able to aquire real merlin and dimlerbenz recordings but instead are using russian engine recordings that are then tweaked to try and sound like merlins and DBs...

As far as the gun sounds are concerned, he said something like, "we are trying something different", and that "they might take some getting used to".... Not quite sure what he meant by that...

In short, no real SFX in CoD.... Expect something along the lines of what we are familiar with in IL-2.

EDIT: Ok... Dug up the quotes from luthier anyway...
"We're still working on sounds. Engine and gun sounds are pretty good in my opinion, but a lot of people will take some time to get used to them because they're not what you expect, especially guns as heard from inside the cockpit. We got some funny bug reports about that from some beta testers."

"We couldn't record the real Merlin or a Daimler Benz or basically any real engine from BoB era due to a limited budget. There aren't any in Russia, and we couldn't fly out our sound engineer to the UK or Germany with all his equipment.

We do have the recordings of the real engines of course made with various Russian aircraft this summer. Using advanced SFX magic we transformed our samples to sound the way we needed."

fireflyerz
02-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Blimey...Oh dear...dint see that one coming...yes I did... audio is not Important anyway...It has no effect on immersion and thats a fact.

Royraiden
02-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Blimey...Oh dear...dint see that one coming...yes I did... audio is not Important anyway...It has no effect on immersion and thats a fact.

????

Biggs
02-06-2011, 01:45 PM
????

fireflyerz was using something which I belive is called, sarcasm

the engine sounds for IL-2 have always been its low point... they seemed to have been derived from different types of lawnmowers and vacuum cleaners

I have faith though, that CoD will have a higher level of synthed engine sounds then that of the orginal series... but yes its a shame that they werent able to get the real sounds in game.

a budget is a budget, and you cant fault them for that.

Royraiden
02-06-2011, 01:58 PM
fireflyerz was using something which I belive is called, sarcasm

the engine sounds for IL-2 have always been its low point... they seemed to have been derived from different types of lawnmowers and vacuum cleaners

I have faith though, that CoD will have a higher level of synthed engine sounds then that of the orginal series... but yes its a shame that they werent able to get the real sounds in game.

a budget is a budget, and you cant fault them for that.

Sarcasm does not work very well on a written message.I just hope we get sounds similar to the announce trailer,I dont know how real they sound,but its good to me.

mauld
02-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Some nice sounds from a Merlin III here, once it gets sarted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_tnUsRaihY

SsSsSsSsSnake
02-06-2011, 03:13 PM
thanks for that,gets the juices flowing:)

mauld
02-06-2011, 03:20 PM
and another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPxGn70JaIU

mauld
02-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Don't forget the Gladiator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0f5Qxp_3tI

mauld
02-06-2011, 03:31 PM
One for the Luftwaffe training sorties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Rvk5jd1Ng

Trumper
02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
:( Regarding sounds ,i am hoping for the best but expecting the worst.I did ask on the other thread but no response.
If they can't get a Spitfire out then why not use something like this for the static external sounds for example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx4L3NBPKW0
I do hope the sounds may be able to be modded in the future if they are not good.

diveplane
02-09-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm not going to go dig up the quote, but luthier already mentioned that the audio (engine sounds/ gun sounds) are synthed.... They werent able to aquire real merlin and dimlerbenz recordings but instead are using russian engine recordings that are then tweaked to try and sound like merlins and DBs...

As far as the gun sounds are concerned, he said something like, "we are trying something different", and that "they might take some getting used to".... Not quite sure what he meant by that...

In short, no real SFX in CoD.... Expect something along the lines of what we are familiar with in IL-2.

EDIT: Ok... Dug up the quotes from luthier anyway...
"We're still working on sounds. Engine and gun sounds are pretty good in my opinion, but a lot of people will take some time to get used to them because they're not what you expect, especially guns as heard from inside the cockpit. We got some funny bug reports about that from some beta testers."

"We couldn't record the real Merlin or a Daimler Benz or basically any real engine from BoB era due to a limited budget. There aren't any in Russia, and we couldn't fly out our sound engineer to the UK or Germany with all his equipment.

We do have the recordings of the real engines of course made with various Russian aircraft this summer. Using advanced SFX magic we transformed our samples to sound the way we needed."

a sample from a high quality video is the next best thing, this is bad news if they are trying to emulate this ,without high quality samples.

mods to the rescue then.

diveplane
02-09-2011, 09:00 AM

utter nonsence

Wutz
02-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Ah one sound effect is missing! When that chick is in the Spit cockpit you would be hearing this:

Totally inappropriate video for the forum, get your suitcase packed and passport ready for your holiday if it continues.

Trumper
02-09-2011, 09:29 AM
:rolleyes: With all due respect yes it does.I am lucky enough to live 30 mins away from about 10+ Spitfires ,2+ P51's and 2+ Buchons and trust me when i am outside in the garden you pick out the sound of a Merlin above all the other noise a while before you see it.
Imagine laying in your garden with your eyes closed,which one is going to make you sit up and look, a light aircraft,a lawnmower [as in il2] or Merlin,i know which works for me everytime.
Don't forget with the senses we humans have,hearing is a huge part,therefore sounds and correct sounds are very very important.