PDA

View Full Version : Has a Beta test started yet?

barbalaappa
02-03-2011, 06:15 PM
This is something that just occured to me. The release date is less than two months away, right? (I won't be making the "Two Weeks" joke :rolleyes:) Yet no talk of beta testing or any early words from the testers themselves. Obviously the security on this bird is tight :-) I wonder what kind of NDAs the testers have had to sign... :twisted:

But please, give us a crumb, Oleg :-) Can the devs at least confirm there is a beta test going or not?

Chivas
02-03-2011, 07:20 PM
The beta testing has to be completed or almost completed. If the game is still on schedule for a Mar 22 release they will have to have the game shipped to the publisher in the beginning of March.

Raggz
02-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Closed beta under NDA. Hence no information unless it's official info.

mmaruda
02-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Still, we could at lest get some gameplay footage... finally?!

kingpinda
02-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Oleg mentioned particular video footage flooding now that the release date was out. So fingers crossed for tommorow :)

Jaws2002
02-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Didn't Oleg say that won't be a beta test outside 1c for CoD? I think it has something to do with the security of the code before release.

Anyway, they have to cover a lot of lost ground in advertising this product, so I'd expect to see a lot of material and a bunch of interviews and pre release reviews until the game is out.:-P

We'll get a lot more info, screens and videos in this last seven weeks than everything we got in all this last years.:mrgreen:

Robert
02-04-2011, 10:38 AM
I'd tend to believe the beta has been done under tight wraps too. I still remember all the beta patches for IL2 had mysteriously been released released prior to the official patches. With Oleg reporting that someone had tried to access CoD from his home computer, I'd think any form of caution wouldn't be too extreme. After all, though we're waiting for an CFS, I think this engine is going to go farther than that to hopefully include something along the lines of Battlefield 1942. At least it was hinted at.

Skarphol
02-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Since there were a lot of people actually playing this game at Igromir in Moscow, I suppose the beta testing is more or less done.

Skarphol