PDA

View Full Version : Eyefinity or Triplehead2go Multimonitor solution for Cliffs of Dover?

FlushMeister
01-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Hello!

First post here, first of all I want to thank Oleg and the Team for working so hard on this upcoming title that will surelly rock my world!

What would be the best solution for a multimonitor/projector setup for cliffs of dover? Nvidia cards with a triplehead2go, or Radeon cards with Eyefinity?

Will the game suppord SLI and Crossfire, one of the two, or none?

I'm going to invest in a new computer, projectors and a spherical or curved screen just for the release of this game, and I want to make sure sure I buy the right stuff!

I've seen clips on youtube where Eyefinity works fine with newer titles such as Wings of Prey, but on the other hand, I read there's FOV and resolution problems with Il2 1946. Will Cliffs of Dover be similar to Wings of Prey or the old il2 1946 when it comes to multi monitor support?

Here's a clip of Wings pf prey that shows what i needs it to look like for the best results on a curved screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8YuYOgO23Q

And here's a clip of the software "Warpalizer" in action, it blends the edges for one smooth image across the screen, this is actually only 2 projectors, but you can't see the edge in the middle because of the edge blending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApfvK9f9eMI

I've looked around in the forums for an answer to this but I haven't find any, but if there is, I apologize for the unnecessary post!

Thanks!

John

swiss
01-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Cool, the CRVD is only $6.5k.

Although it's nice screen - how is this going to work with freetrack or trackir - the actual movement of the head will be beyond what leds can do.
2+ receivers?

FlushMeister
01-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Yeah I wouldn't buy that one cause it seems small and not bent enough. For the curved screen I had in mind it would cover most of the fov without moving the head too much, I'm planning to make it 120 degrees or less. that means i wouldn't have to move the head much, only my eyes...

Would be awesome if 2 receivers works, do you think they do?

Anyway, first of all, eyefinity or th2go would be great to know if it works :)

Thanks!

John

Cool, the CRVD is only $6.5k.

Although it's nice screen - how is this going to work with freetrack or trackir - the actual movement of the head will be beyond what leds can do.
2+ receivers?