PDA

View Full Version : Archdemons SUCK!!!

ShadowTek
01-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Hi, for a level 5 unit, they flat out suck? They should have a fireblast ability or somthing like that.. There the top of the food chain for demons and I dont see how there useful? Hell the Demoness is more useful then the archdemon..

The ability to quickly switch a enemy spellcaster into your midst to destroy them is awsome. And switch your Black Knights in that spellcasters place...

Anyway, the archdemon sucks as level 5 unit, they should be allot better then they are IMO...

ckdamascus
01-27-2011, 05:17 AM
Hi, for a level 5 unit, they flat out suck? They should have a fireblast ability or somthing like that.. There the top of the food chain for demons and I dont see how there useful? Hell the Demoness is more useful then the archdemon..

The ability to quickly switch a enemy spellcaster into your midst to destroy them is awsome. And switch your Black Knights in that spellcasters place...

Anyway, the archdemon sucks as level 5 unit, they should be allot better then they are IMO...

Archdemons can be verrry powerful.

a) they automatically remove negative effects in the beginning of the round. That means, they cannot be poisoned nor burned.

b) they have ridiculously high initiative, so they ensure you can cast spells before the enemy can move (or you can get onslaught or quickdraw)

c) they are relatively strong tanks. fairly high physical resist, and good defense stat

d) Halving ability - I usually play on Impossible mode, so the enemy almost ALWAYS has more leadership than me. Plus, I usually only use demons with mage class, meaning I am usually even more outleadershiped. However, I still find Halving useful. Enemies which have insane defense, like paladins... as I whittled them down with poison and fire, the Halving really helps speed up the process of finishing them off.

I tend to use Archdemons with mages, so I can cast Divine Armor AND Stone skin on them. They can still die, but they can draw a fair amount of punishment. Thanks to the "rejuvenation" ability, I don't have to waste a round casting "dispel" to get rid of poison status effects either.

I'd imagine a powerful warrior build using Archdemons, Rune Mages, and Demonologists might be quite a force since you can hit the Halving ability much sooner.

Phantom a Demonologist for Thread of Life to heal the Archdemon... you'd probably need insane physical resist items similar to what I did for my "Ogre Shrek" build. Ideally you'd want to hit really close to 95% physical resist with just stone skin.

ShadowTek
01-27-2011, 05:38 AM
Hi, ok can you explain a few forum terms to me?

what is the following:

Tank:
No loss win:

plus there are other terms used here similar to "tank" describing other units or tactics?

continued..

BK tecnique?
Girl Power?
Stuff like that, that everyone here seems to use.. It would be cool if I could catch up on the lingo here as Im a new player, and hopefully make some new mods, note I dont know any lingo here, but seems theres allot of it used here :(

Thanks if you help me!

PS you can have 3 sets at a time I learned with a npc! very cool!

Back on subject, demons and humans dont get along lol, there hard to use with each other. check out my anti-paladin mod post (work in progress)

NOTE, I am also playing impossible, first time but I learned best that way, most games too easy (wizards tower holy sh!t)

ckdamascus
01-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi, ok can you explain a few forum terms to me?

what is the following:

Tank:
No loss win:

plus there are other terms used here similar to "tank" describing other units or tactics?

continued..

BK tecnique?
Girl Power?
Stuff like that, that everyone here seems to use.. It would be cool if I could catch up on the lingo here as Im a new player, and hopefully make some new mods, note I dont know any lingo here, but seems theres allot of it used here :(

Thanks if you help me!

PS you can have 3 sets at a time I learned with a npc! very cool!

Back on subject, demons and humans dont get along lol, there hard to use with each other. check out my anti-paladin mod post (work in progress)

NOTE, I am also playing impossible, first time but I learned best that way, most games too easy (wizards tower holy sh!t)

Sure!

Tank == unit that has very high defense. The game has two defense stats, a "resistance" which is applied before any damage occurs, then it sorts out the Attack vs Defense rating to give a bonus (or penalty) to the attacker.

Paladins are great tanks! So when you fight against them, you do very little damage, meaning their retaliation can do a lot.

Let's say you got a stack of Knights that hits an enemy Paladin... killing maybe 1 out of 10 because the Paladin has raised its defense and has high physical resistance. If you had archdemons, and your leadership of archdemons is higher than the paladins, the archdemons can hit the same stack and possibly kill 5 of them due to Halving.

No loss win == beating every battle without incuring ANY units lost. Some people do it for bragging rights, I do it to save money and unit availability. It doesn't mean you can't lose units in a battle, you just have to resurrect them before the battle ends.

BK technique == black knight technique. Black Knights have ridiculously high damage per leadership once their "Rising Anger" technique is triggered. While undead units cannot be revived through normal means (Ancient Phoenix Lvl3, Resurrection, paladin Prayer, inquisitor, rune mage, etc), they have evilN. The real bonus is that ALL undead units can be revived using the spell EvilN. EvilN resurrects based on a percentage of the original stack. Level 3 Evil3 restores 30% of the original stack. However, EvilN requires a corpse/body, and forces the undead unit that benefits from it to lose a turn.

Girl Power == To use the Three Fairies (honestly, I only found using two of them useful) and perhaps the sexy Demonesses in a combination for some of the highest Damage in the game (but relatively low defense), but requires the Princess Set. Fairies have NO retaliation, so they can hit first, and not worry about retaliation. They can be scaled up a lot due to low leadership requirements. So, they can deal maybe 20-30K per hit around mid-game. You need to use debuffs though to make sure they can hit that against level 5 monsters.

Ugh, I'm sure I will get flak for this but... there really isn't a need for mods. There are plenty of work arounds in the game. That said, Girl Power works with the Demonesses (although I found them too slow) because the set offers +3 morale to all female units.

Also, you can mitigate the Morale Loss by getting Level 3 Persuasion in the Mind Tree and morale boosting items for humans.

That said, demons and humans don't tend to synergize that well anyways.

Yeah, I only play Impossible, so any of my strats should work in that scenario.

OGKingsBounty92
02-25-2011, 08:38 PM

Man, I hope ENGLISH is not your first language because you need a "+50 Belt Of Spelling" really bad.

Archdemons and Demons are my favorite units and the new blue Demons are overkill. I use Archmages vs Red and Black Dragons and laugh at the dragon's 10 damage vs them.

Saridu
03-06-2011, 07:39 AM
I think Archdemons are great!

They're the best dragon killers out there and they can tank it with the best level 5 units. They may not be as flashy as dragon but that half attack is fantastic and the anti debuff is handy vs poison.