PDA

View Full Version : In most cases, pre-ordered games are shipped the day of their retail release date.

Dano
01-26-2011, 07:12 PM
Well that could be disappointing :(

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11978&p_created=1187902051&p_sid=VGF4*2lk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9NSw1JnBfcHJvZHM9MCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9JnB fY3Y9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9YW5zd2Vycy5zZWFyY2hfbmwmc F9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1wcmVvcmRlcg!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

MadTommy
01-26-2011, 07:55 PM
How is that disappointing?

Do you expect them to be shipped before the game is released? As that is somewhat illogical.

The game is 5 years over due.. is 1 -3 days really going to make any difference?

Dano
01-26-2011, 08:01 PM
How is that disappointing?

Do you expect them to be shipped before the game is released? As that is somewhat illogical.

Illogical? No, the majority of etailers will ship a preordered game so that it arrives on day of release.

The game is 5 years over due.. is 1 -3 days really going to make any difference?

It'll make 1 - 3 days difference.

JG52Uther
01-26-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm starting to think about the download,just to be sure.
Could always pick up a disc once it drops in price,which it will,shortly after release.

Qpassa
01-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Would be awesome if we could download it from internet if we have bought it

MadTommy
01-26-2011, 08:04 PM
I've only pre-ordered a couple of games.. and they both arrived several day after release date.

If you are so desperate why not pick it up from a store on release day?

JG52Uther
01-26-2011, 08:06 PM
I've only pre-ordered a couple of games.. and they both arrived several day after release date.

If you are so desperate why not pick it up from a store on release day?
You're kidding right? It will be rarer than hens teeth in a store.

Matt255
01-26-2011, 08:11 PM

Last game i preordered was the collectors edition of Starcraft 2 and it arrived right at its release day (around 9 o'clock in the morning iirc :D).

Based on my experience, most games get shipped before the release day. I'll most likely get the download version anyway, i don't need another DVD box lying around, with a 5 page "manual" and the Collectors addition, while looking very nice, is also not really that special. Except for the ringbook, which will HOPEFULLY be avaliable as a PDF file with every other version aswell.

Cowboy10uk
01-27-2011, 09:06 AM
I tend to Pre order all my games. Whether or not you get the product on day of release depends on who you use. Granted I do feel the whole point of pre ordering is to get it on the Release date, Otherwise I might as well just pop down the shop and buy it. While normally I receive the item a day before the Release date, I have been lucky and got it up to 3 days before.

Then again, Ive also not received the item for up to a week and a half after it had been released. I have found that if you use a dedicated Game/dvd site, They will get it to you before or on the Day of release, E.g. Play, Gameplay or shop to. However when you use a general one, e.g. Amazon, the product will almost always be late. It all depends on how much you want it as to who you use. I now pre order from Shop To only, as they promise to get it to you on day of release, and if they dont, Pay you a bit a money into your account as a sorry. Granted its not much, but it is a nice customer focus touch.

I agree that after such a long wait, What does a day or two matter, But I promise you, If you have pre ordered and have to sit there reading on the forums how good it is, by the ones who have managed to get it on the day of release that those few days will drive you nuts, At least they do me.

At least Ubi Shop are stating from the beginning that they ship most games on the day of release, it gives us a chance to go elsewhere. Well thats if it comes up for sale anywhere else. Im starting to be concerned that we can Only get this from Ubi. In that case we will all be late getting it, so we might as well pretend the release date is 1 - 3 days later than stated to allow for postage ;)

Sorry Ive gone on for a bit, Just wanted to let you know my experiences with pre order.

Cowboy10uk

MadTommy
01-27-2011, 09:13 AM
You're kidding right? It will be rarer than hens teeth in a store.

No, not kidding. why do you think it will be so hard to get in store?

I'd of thought with the popularity of IL2 & the fact that Ubisoft is handling distribution it will be in stores for release. But that is just my assumption, but I'm curious why you think otherwise?

Bottom line is I suppose if you have to have to on release day you'd best buy the download version.

(Unless your connection is as crap as mine..then that'll still take a day or so, as i reckon this will be a very large download).

Cowboy10uk
01-27-2011, 09:30 AM
No, not kidding. why do you think it will be so hard to get in store?

I'd of thought with the popularity of IL2 & the fact that Ubisoft is handling distribution it will be in stores for release. But that is just my assumption, but I'm curious why you think otherwise?

Bottom line is I suppose if you have to have to on release day you'd best buy the download version.

(Unless your connection is as crap as mine..then that'll still take a day or so, as i reckon this will be a very large download).

Well not sure what the stores round you are like Tommy, But I know round here Unless its Bus or garden Simulator you want, No one stocks sims anymore. Yes I agree its from Ubi, so that may make some shops to stock it, But I do think your best bet for flight sims these days is via internet. Either Pre order or Digital.

MadTommy
01-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Well not sure what the stores round you are like Tommy, But I know round here Unless its Bus or garden Simulator you want, No one stocks sims anymore. Yes I agree its from Ubi, so that may make some shops to stock it, But I do think your best bet for flight sims these days is via internet. Either Pre order or Digital.

Yeah you are probably right, i just assumed Ubisoft would get it to stores.

The other sims i have bought over the last few years have not had a big names distributing them, Rise of Flight, Blackshark & A10c warthog.

Hmm on a side note...actually thinking about it.. the only decent games these days seem to be by small Russian independent developers... go Russia, thank god for you! :-P

Cowboy10uk
01-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Yeah you are probably right, i just assumed Ubisoft would get it to stores.

The other sims i have bought over the last few years have not had a big names distributing them, Rise of Flight, Blackshark & A10c warthog.

Hmm on a side note...actually thinking about it.. the only decent games these days seem to be by small Russian independent developers... go Russia, thank god for you! :-P

:grin: +1

You have taste sir, They are the only ones I have purchased as well. With Beta 5 of Warthog out soon, Patch 1.17 with the Gotha And Their plans for a SP Career coming along for ROF, and now SOW sorrry COD finally coming out,

The only problem I can see is how to divide my time between them all. May have to give up work, just so I can do them justice ;)

major_setback
01-27-2011, 11:02 PM

+1

They do not even know what Il2, FB or 1946 are at my 3 local games stores.