PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see or read in the updates?

nearmiss
01-26-2011, 01:47 PM
What would you like to see or read about in the BOB COD develper updates?

Off Topic, abusive and smart remarks are cause for deletion of your postings in this thread.

Do not ask for System Specs. They are posted here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18417

Try not to ask questions, others have already asked.

DO NOT CHIT CHAT in this thread that is OFF TOPIC...

The purpose of this thread is to provide a venue to ask the developer questions, not talk among yourselves.

The topic of this thread is >>> What would you like to see or read about in the BOB COD developer updates?

JG53Harti
01-26-2011, 01:53 PM
System Requirements would be nice to know

winny
01-26-2011, 01:54 PM
I just want to see some non WIP stuff. Maybe some info on specs would be good too?

T}{OR
01-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Bomber operations - from operating the gunsight to crew management. Provided that we have a bomber campaign, I would like to know more about it. Especially if there is any formation flying tutorial involved.

ghodan
01-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Some info for simpit (cockpit) builders , like:

Will it support multimonitor? (so non standard resolutions)

How is the gauge output handeld?
Like IL-2, so do it yourself style. Or like FSX, drop what you want on a other monitor.
If its do it yourself style, will it be supported for multiplayer?

How many USB devices can be used (without using keymap software)

DD_crash
01-26-2011, 02:04 PM
some screenshots of the quick/full mission builder ( I know that some have been) arming screens and how much we can customise the GUIs.

ECV56_Lancelot
01-26-2011, 02:05 PM
What would you like to see or read about in the BOB COD develper updates?.

Videos showing the new features of the FMB. It would also help as a learning tool.

speculum jockey
01-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Some of the damage modeling that IL-2 was lacking.

1. Can two aircraft "touch" in mid air without them exploding or losing wings?

2. Can we see some more crash landings, various levels of damage.

3. Bomb Craters, size and variety.

4. Building Damage.

5. Ground vehicle damage.

TheSwede
01-26-2011, 02:19 PM
I would like to start with a big thumbs up! Can anyone mention any other developer that asks the community about what to show in weekly updates? 1C and Oleg, you know your sh*t! ;)

My wishes/suggestions:
- Show what kind of work that has been done to increase the immersion factor regarding the singel player campaign.

- Examples of the new AI routine. Pics may not be the perfect media for that tough.

- Multiplayer interface and functionality

- Show some hilarious graphical bugs that you have come across during the project. (May result in a better tone within the update thread that has been quite negative theme the last months :( )

March is getting closer! ;)

Desgobbi
01-26-2011, 02:19 PM
System Requirements would be nice to know

100% agree.

Icewolf
01-26-2011, 02:24 PM
A picture of Oleg and his team

Qpassa
01-26-2011, 02:31 PM
I'd like to see how bombing has been designed in the HE-111, Stuka, how affects winds and other stuff

How AI reacts , if the see you across the clouds or not.

Real engine sounds...

Krt_Bong
01-26-2011, 02:50 PM
Will missions made in CoD follow a similar file structure to IL-2 as in
name.mis and name.properties? I would like to see some info on FMB features, I haven't seen it mentioned yet but will we have moving dogfight missions like those in IL-2_4.10 - respawnable players vs AI? Moving Weather? Mission Triggers?

BadAim
01-26-2011, 02:58 PM
I'd love to see some action in video form.

=XIII=Shea
01-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Would be nice to see Weather effects,rain,lightning,etc,if there are going to be clickable switch,s and levers like in dcs:black shark and warthog:)

Daniël
01-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Night. Like London on fire by German raids.
We haven't seen many night screenshots.

Majo
01-26-2011, 03:08 PM
System specs, DX11 images & ingame inside-cockpit aircraft sound.

Thanks for asking...

Salutes Majo.

JG52Uther
01-26-2011, 03:09 PM
System requirements are a given.
An up to date in game video,with all settings on high,on a good computer.
An idea on how big bomber formations can be.
Some pictures and info on the German bombsights,and if they are more advanced than the il2 ones.

No need for secrecy at this stage. ;)

Fliegenpilz
01-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Some more Infos of the new weather System would be interesting! As far as it is ready to be shown...

Or a quick video showing a complete startup, so to show how deep the System-simulation will be...

Anyway, I'd be happy with any update, as I always have been - so all these wishes posted here yet would just be an "extra-Bonbon" for me :grin:

addman
01-26-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't care so much for pictures. I'd prefer more written stuff about features, progress of the game. One sentence of interesting info about the game does more for me then a bunch of random pictures. Just more written stuff plz :)

csThor
01-26-2011, 03:14 PM
1.) System specs

2.) Information on the campaign system. I'd love to see a video of the campaign selection GUI, of what kind of "gimmicks" (like short videos, newspaper snippets etc - the stuff that made for such great immersion in the classic flight sim titles) are there and what campaigns we can expect.

3.) Information on creating campaigns and missions.

meplay
01-26-2011, 03:15 PM
full range of 6-dof if it has it?

Artist
01-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Will it have a DeviceLink interface?

Trumper
01-26-2011, 03:39 PM
:) Ingame AUDIO [without music] of various things modelled.
Merlins ,Daimler Benz in particular and more ingame video please.

Meusli
01-26-2011, 03:45 PM
I would also like to see how the bombsite works for bombers, hopefully a much easier system than IL2!

JVM
01-26-2011, 03:56 PM
- Images from the french side (notably airfields, harbours -with Dunkerque in conformity with its time-, stations, railways...)
- weather related images (clouds, fronts, overcasts, multiple layers, rain, snow and whatnot...)
- info on what will be not immediately available at release, out of what we know/expect
- damage model for A/C, ships and ground/ground objects (list is too long...)

LoBiSoMeM
01-26-2011, 04:15 PM

+1. Just old and good action footage! The sim is ready, just good teasers!

Hecke
01-26-2011, 04:19 PM
A video which is made on a higher end pc.
And ground effects (bombcraters, etc)

Matt255
01-26-2011, 04:20 PM
A final planelist would be nice, including all variants.

Infos about MP modes/options/settings etc. would be great to know too.

Other then that, i would probably like a video of a plane taking off from cockpit-view, to see how start-up procedures and engine-management work (how much they've improved since IL2 46).

Generally just some more detail, less screenshots.

julien673
01-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Tutorial video for take off, tactic.. etc etc = very good promo

ChrisDNT
01-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Overcast, bad weather (not tempest, bad weather), alto-stratus, grey sky.

NSU
01-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Video:
Night bombing raid on London :)

T}{OR
01-26-2011, 05:01 PM
I would also like to see how the bombsite works for bombers, hopefully a much easier system than IL2!

Actually I am hoping it to be more difficult. :)

To add another question to this: will we again have level stabilizer or something else to fly the plane while on the bomb run (e.g. pilot holding the course and altitude for us)? Or a proper autopilot...

Royraiden
01-26-2011, 05:10 PM
A picture of Oleg and his team

System specs, DX11 images & ingame inside-cockpit aircraft sound.

Thanks for asking...

Salutes Majo.

First of all system spec, second: a simple dogfight video maybe 1-2 minutes long would be enough.This would suffice to show how is the damage model, engine sounds,gunfire and bullet hit sounds,bullet hitting the enemy,fire and smoke coming from the attacked plane and so on.Please give us one dogfight.As some one said, please we want to see the highest graphics settings available,DX11 antialiasing 1080p resolution,that would help everyone notice the details more easily.

baronWastelan
01-26-2011, 05:15 PM
A vid of hangars, workshops, barracks, vehicles & parked AC pounded by a shower of bombs, with airfield personnel running diving for the trenches.

speculum jockey
01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Releasing System specs are the responsibility of the publisher, not the dev team, please stop asking for this.

I'd like to second a screen cap or video of London burning at night. They said that the glow during the height of the Blitz was visible from many miles/km away. Will we get something similar? Will the clouds glow red from the firestorms?

Will destroyed buildings stay destroyed? Civilian houses, not military bases.

The Kraken
01-26-2011, 05:34 PM
- as csThor said, infos about the mission and campaign system would be most welcome
- related to that: scripting possibilities (there was lots of interesting info mentioned on the Russian forums, but Google translate only goes so far)
- would love to know how big and persistent smoke from burning objects are (the usual 100m column that dissipates after two minutes like in basically every other sim, or finally some realistic impression of smoke over the targets or the battlefield)

Troll2k
01-26-2011, 05:40 PM
1.Dedicated server information
2.Multiplay.Ingame browser,play at Ubi.com button, or 3rd party lobby.(or all)
3.Tutorial on making MDS maps.

Blackdog_kt
01-26-2011, 06:20 PM
I'd like to see maybe a 3-5 minute video showcasing game mechanics first and foremost, much more than seeing a video of max detail graphics or a dogfight.

What i mean by that is a demonstration of any of the following:
1) The dynamic weather system. The mission's weather parameters in the FMB are explained then we see snippets of how the weather evolves, possibly by watching a track/replay of the mission as it has been flown and time skipping/using time compression to display the change in weather patterns.

2) The new AI routines. Do ships and ground units zig-zag and evade? Do aircraft conform to the same set of restrictions as the player or do they still never overheat? Etc, etc.

3) Multiplayer features and dynamic campaign modes for both single and multiplayer. I just re-read the check-six interview and there's a lot of possibilities mentioned.
For example, in the new online mode (the long running semi-campaign feature), can i schedule bomber flights as AI units to depart at a time of my choosing and then spawn into them and take control (this has been mentioned in the check-six interview, so it's actually something the Maddox team was considering)?
Can i do it in conjunction with the multi-crew feature? Can each crew password-protect the plane they're going to spawn into a few hours from now when the bombers are about to reach the enemy coast?

This is not very important for now, but if and when we get a 1943-late war expansion it would enable us to fly bombing raids all the way from the UK to Germany, without having to actually sit in front of our PCs for 6 hours straight. The bombers spawn and start on their way under AI control when you're driving home from work, by the time they're about to reach Holland a couple of hours later you're done with dinner, kids and wife, jump in and take control, fly the bomb run and the combat part and if you want to, fly all the way back to home base, otherwise you give control back to the AI after the exciting part is over, start a new mission and spawn in a fighter to fly a short, cross-channel rhubarb before you go to bed for the night ;)

What about support missions? If a base is attacked constantly, does it run out of supplies like ammunition/fuel, resulting in players who spawn there to have reduced loadouts? If yes, can a transport plane land at the base or execute a supply drop to bring in spare parts? In general, a more complex type of stat tracking, similar to the "pilots/planes" counters we currently have in mission oriented DF servers but with more variables and replenishable resources.
Can we fly photo recon missions and use that photo as briefing for another mission?

Can multi-crewed aircraft have some sort of plotting tools for the ingame mini-map (for example, like in Silent Hunter 3)? Flying recon in a mosquito at 30000ft, i might come across flak concentrations that i could mark on my map to inform other players on my team. During my photo run i might suffer damage and have to divert to another friendly airfield, so what about handing the pilot's controls to the AI, taking control of the navigator and drawing a new flight plan on the in-game map, with bearings to fly and so on?
Better yet, how about user-made AI scripts, so that you can actually press Tab and ask your navigator for a new course via the orders menu?

This could go on for ages with features that we might not yet see for years or even not at all, but you get the general idea.
I know they've done a few things along these lines of thought (they've hinted as much a few times) and while it would probably be part of the package of big surprises in the sim that they are holding back, maybe they could show off just one such feature for the extra "wow,amazing!" factor.

4) Most of all, a demonstration or short tutorial on the new engine management and aircraft systems modeling. Once again, the check-six interview has some awesome examples. The video could start by showing proper engine operation for any single flyable aircraft, then show what happens and how things break apart when you exceed certain limits. Then, it could expand into how a failure of one system might result in a cascade of other systems failing.

For example, in a twin engined aircraft one engine might drive the hydraulic pump. In the video the engine dies as result of improper operation or battle damage, then we are shown how the remaining pressure is not enough to lower both the flaps and gear for landing. However, the aircraft has manual gear extension, so the video proceeds to show how it's best to use the remaining pressure in the system to lower the flaps and then use the hand-pump to lower the gear. Or it could show lowering the gear first and being unable to lower the flaps. Or having enough pressure to lower both but not having enough for the wheel brakes, so even if it lands just fine it ends up overshooting the runway, getting the gear torn off and sliding to a stop on its belly. Things like that which would show off the depth of aircraft and damage models and the amount of work that went into them.

I'm sure i could write a novel about proposed and interesting game mechanics, so i'll just stop here :grin:

Antoninus
01-26-2011, 06:26 PM
1. Another vote for some infos about the campaign and mission system. Dynamic and/or static? Maybe a few screenshots from the campaign, briefing and armament menus.

2. Is the dynamic weather system announced on the 46 bonus DVD still include?

Baron
01-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Some info about the Collectors Edition, will it be avalible from everywhere, is it a limited time type of deal etc.

Faustnik
01-26-2011, 06:44 PM
1.) System specs

2.) Information on the campaign system. I'd love to see a video of the campaign selection GUI, of what kind of "gimmicks" (like short videos, newspaper snippets etc - the stuff that made for such great immersion in the classic flight sim titles) are there and what campaigns we can expect.

What csThor said. :grin:

whatnot
01-26-2011, 07:58 PM
I want to see everything mentioned in the past 5 pages, and I want to see all of it this friday or you better not post at all! :)

Seriously speaking, I'd like to see screens / videos on a high performance pc maxed out as far as still playable. The video could be about the CEM startup procedure combined with takeoff..

*DROOL*

Dano
01-26-2011, 08:44 PM
I'd like to see a stutter free flight over the South of England to show all the unbelievers that it was an issue with the show pc's ;)

LukeFF
01-26-2011, 09:21 PM

Ditto

Sven
01-26-2011, 09:25 PM
Just a take off and landing will be enough, with maybe some voice commentary about the different new features and actual ingame sound.

bolox
01-26-2011, 10:08 PM
apart from the ideas from csThor, the things i would most like to know about are:-

control inputs- how many controllers are able to be used?
how many assignable axes?
some idea of the number/examples of 'key assignable' controls
(menu screenshots maybe?)

Devicelink- confirmation it will be included and any hints as to any enhancements

multi monitor displays- any clues at all on this please

Ravenous
01-26-2011, 10:42 PM
I'd love to either see a video showcasing flighmodel-features, or atleast have alittle more written info about the advances in FM-modelling since IL-2 '46.

come to think of it, i'd love to see some damage-model demonstration in video too, something like a short demo on each of the potential targets one can encounter in the campaign (ground vehicles, AAA, ships, and buildings etc.)

final suggestion i could think of is London on fire in the middle of the night as that would show lighting effects, smoke, and give an idea of what kind of destruction one can do to buildings, and what one will hopefully be able to see in campaigns and solo-missions as nightfighters.

signing out and going to bed:P

P.S i'd LOVE to see what a ground detonation of a bomb looks like in CoD
(any bomb would do, just curious about visible shockwave and other fancy effects that might be modelled)

B25Mitch
01-27-2011, 02:11 AM
I couldn't find any information on this so I assume it hasn't come up, but I am concerned about the way trees interact with the planes. Making a forced landing in IL-2 1946 was easy as anything - you could fly right through trees and ignore them completely. It would seem relatively simple to implement a tall, thin collision box for each tree representing the trunk, just to add that extra bit of tension to crash landings!
Also (and this falls into the same category as 1. in post #8 ), it would be nice if planes didn't instantly explode upon touching any ground object. In IL-2 1946 you could taxi a large aircraft up against a haybale at half of a mile per hour and it would explode into a million pieces.

The first request is more important (at least for normal gameplay) and also much easier to implement, but I don't see why either of these would be impossible. If I've missed an update dealing with any of what I just mentioned please correct me!

Triggaaar
01-27-2011, 02:19 AM
1. Can two aircraft "touch" in mid air without them exploding or losing wings? Good question, same for when wings touch at 2 mph on the ground.

Avimimus
01-27-2011, 02:36 AM
There is a lot of weight on those wings when you tip over. Il-2 is actually much more forgiving than most sims.

I'd personally like to see a couple of the most talented video producers given beta copies.

AWL_Spinner
01-27-2011, 05:20 AM
Weather, weather, weather.

Overcast, rain, fog, mist, snow.

I want to chase a lone Ju-88 through the low cloud and morning mist.

Not every day in 1940 was clear blue skies and fluffy cotton-wool cumulus.

Cheers!

Spinner

PS.

I'd personally like to see a couple of the most talented video producers given beta copies.

What a brilliant idea. Just look at the great PR Glowing Amraam generates for the DCS guys.

Heliocon
01-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Would really love to see some HD (like youtube HD) gameplay footage/piloting. Also some more dialogue with the community on what is in, out and coming in the new engine.

ChrisDNT
01-27-2011, 06:55 AM
I would also know if the very simple feature to have different joystick curve settings for each aircraft is in the game ?

David198502
01-27-2011, 06:57 AM
its absolutely great that we get asked what to want in the updates.thats not common.
1-a video (if possible from a better pc).
2-system specs would be nice either.
3-weather effects.

FS~Hawks
01-27-2011, 06:59 AM
What sort of admin tool will we be using for server hosting.
click on a name kick/ban style ? (will be easier to use for cyrillic symbol players)

BigPickle
01-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Bomber operations - from operating the gunsight to crew management. Provided that we have a bomber campaign, I would like to know more about it. Especially if there is any formation flying tutorial involved.

Definately +1

Also I'd like to see and hear some raw game footage, no preselected bits just gameplay footage, especially the tiger moth too.

kirq
01-27-2011, 09:21 AM
- Series of short vids (captured on "non-crappy" PC) showing numerous features like: weather effects, dogfight, damage model, various tracers, g-effects, explosions etc etc
- System requirements
- List of details/features that makes this sim better than any other availavble so far.

rakinroll
01-27-2011, 09:40 AM
System Requirements and cocpit view dogfight/interception movies please.

Cowboy10uk
01-27-2011, 01:27 PM
System Specs are now out, Hows that for service ;)

Sorry you must have edited the same time I posted ;)

anyway,

News about clickable cockpits would be nice.

Engine Physics. ( Are they like normal sim engines OR have you gone to town with the full physics ala A2A with realistic fluids etc being modelled.

A vid showing CoD in action at max. or even Medium specs.

A vid showing off the sound engine. I know a lot of what weve seen at mo has been with place markers.

Just keep doing what you are doing. You update us better than most companys anyway :)

mazex
01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Well, info on the devicelink API would be great. Will it be there - and will we get new features like more methods that are available while flying online?

Will there be some other API to communicate with the server - and will there be a dedicated server by the way?

What multiplayer modes will be available? Maybe capture enemy fields? Unrealistic but really fun ;) Some info on the in game browser for online servers?

Will there be "official " persistent servers?

What about tools for modding the game? Importing tools?

Fragal
01-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Multiplayer details - Modes Co-op?? - direct ip connections - Dedicated server info, LAN play? are these available on release are they coming ?
Some gameplay vid's bored with pics i really want to see something new Intercept, convoy attack, Scrambles airfields under attack.

Flanker35M
01-27-2011, 03:41 PM
S!

Info on how future patching will be done. As a separate download and installation as in IL-2 or a built-in autoupdater like in RoF for example. Add-ons are self explanatory, buy and install ;)

A nice piece of info would be a story or a blog of the development. Nothing serious, but highlights, ups and downs, funny moments etc. After release maybe?

major_setback
01-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Bombing action. With videos of explosions. Maybe a low attack on an airfield..something that shows the true potential of the game.

The GA aircraft (Su 26?).
He59, we have not seen much of it.

Joystick settings including Force feedback adjustment if there is any.

British railway stations (small or large), shops, any interesting buildings such as cinemas, police stations etc. but especially pubs, the most important building for making a realistic looking village scene. They are present in nearly every village (and town).

dflion
01-27-2011, 10:52 PM
1.) System specs

Apart from the system specs. which we have now, (thankyou) I fully endorse csThor's points 2. and 3.

I am standing-by armed with a vast library of 'Battle of Britain' literature ready to create some exciting missions/campaigns.

DFLion

David603
01-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Comparison shots on Low, Medium, High and Perfect graphics settings or similar would be great.

Also, it would be good to know the specifications of the PC Luthier has been using for the Friday update pictures.

Singmann
01-28-2011, 12:00 AM
I'd like to see:

-qmb screenshots (would give a lot of information on possible setting options!)
-various damage models
-cockpit views
-effects that Gs have on the player's head's position
-small details like cases (if that's the right word - i mean the metal things that contain the bullets and propellant)

zauii
01-28-2011, 02:56 AM
Ingame sound ... plix?

Azimech
01-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Sounds: Full stereo flyby's, starting engine both external and internal, rough engine due to damage, supercharger whistles etc.

352ndBushpilot
01-28-2011, 06:49 AM
Some pictures of various stages of destruction to houses, bridges, forfications etc.

Thanks!

norulz
01-28-2011, 06:52 AM
How Cliffs of Dover will be open to moding? What the initial possibilities for expanding the game with user created content will be?

Schallmoser
01-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi,
I'd like to see something like this:
http://www.wat.tv/video/narnia-blitz-scene-2qg85_2isnf_.html

:grin:

Thanks for asking!

cheers
Schallmoser

jippy13
01-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I'd like to see a video showing graphic ground details of London while overflying the city.

It would be great !!

Thanks

tityus
01-28-2011, 10:50 AM
- the type of data exported by the devicelink equivalent feature;

- if multi-computer over net screen display has been considered;

- an idea of the camera features;

- if something like rearm, refuel and take off will be supported;

té mais
tityus

hanspahlen
01-28-2011, 11:26 AM
I think you should produce a promotion video, that will answer many of the questions here, as well as to help promoting CoD to a wider audience.

I mean something like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiVxswEJrQo&feature=related

Crane
01-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I woulkd like to see any video of the game running maxed out, high res and AA, and then for someone to tell us what the spec of the PC is thats running it. :grin:

Gromic
01-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Info as to whether or not TrackIR support will be unencrypted thereby being able to use older TIR products, freetrack, etc.

Cheers

G. de Nozoy du Blérot
01-28-2011, 07:17 PM
I plan to buy a new computer for CoD, I wonder if we can have different plane, ground, objects views depending on some hardware configurations. So I could balance between HW config, game quality and... money!
ok that's HW topic, but I'm more interested in seeing pictures and video related to a given HW config than arguing for benefits of CPUs or GPUs.

Zorin
01-28-2011, 10:24 PM
I would just love to hear that the Bf108 is going to be made a flyable shortly after release via patch :)

Wutz
01-29-2011, 08:35 AM
I would just love to hear that the Bf108 is going to be made a flyable shortly after release via patch :)
Oh oh you do know that will open a avalanch of wishes!
The 108 is a nice little plane, but a flyable He115 or a Sunderland would really make my day.
I am also hoping for some early bombers that still where in service during BoB like the He111E or maybe this beauty:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/RSS-Martin/Flugzeuge/Aufkl_rer-43.jpg

Luftwaffepilot
01-29-2011, 09:05 AM
I would like to read the SimHQ update. It's been a long time now, and the name change is done so I don't see a problem not to show us.

He111
01-29-2011, 01:18 PM
That the defiant is flyable for 2 players ... :grin:

That the Condor will be flyable next patch, so Atlantic campaigns can be produced

That the Hampden will be available soon ..

That if the RAF gets knocked out, the germans launch operation SeaLion!

He111.

Gomer Pyle
01-29-2011, 09:12 PM
I would love to see some of the reference material and research results used as basis for each of the items, screens or clips posted in the particular development update. Spiced with a few comments about specific significance of certain details or maybe some insights into some of the necessary compromises that had to be made.

/Daniel

ECV56_etendar
01-30-2011, 05:06 AM
Online campaign generator. Can set the aircrafts, pilots humans and IA, select side red or blue, map, set land units y ships, and the targets for each side; capture positions of the enemi and take control of the map, gain airfields or citis or strategics positions or atack suply enemi positions or convoys.

Parches with diferents WWII teatres, example: Battle of France, incluid Bloch 150/2, Dewoitine 510 and 520, Bloch 174, Breget 691/5, Martin Maryland, M.S. 406, Hawk 75, Potez 542, Potez 63, the german aircraft in 1939/40 like the Bf.109D and first E variants, the Stukas A variant, Hs.123, Do.17, Bf.108, or Parches with air forces like Greece: Martin Baltimore, Hs.126, Fairey Battle, Potez 633, Blenheim, PZL P24, Gladiator, or italian forces 1939/40 with G.50, CR 42, MC200, Breda Ba.65, Ba.88, SM79, SM81, Cant 1007, Caproni Ca.135.

Saludos.

Wutz
01-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Online campaign generator. Can set the aircrafts, pilots humans and IA, select side red or blue, map, set land units y ships, and the targets for each side; capture positions of the enemi and take control of the map, gain airfields or citis or strategics positions or atack suply enemi positions or convoys.

Parches with diferents WWII teatres, example: Battle of France, incluid Bloch 150/2, Dewoitine 510 and 520, Bloch 174, Breget 691/5, Martin Maryland, M.S. 406, Hawk 75, Potez 542, Potez 63, the german aircraft in 1939/40 like the Bf.109D and first E variants, the Stukas A variant, Hs.123, Do.17, Bf.108, or Parches with air forces like Greece: Martin Baltimore, Hs.126, Fairey Battle, Potez 633, Blenheim, PZL P24, Gladiator, or italian forces 1939/40 with G.50, CR 42, MC200, Breda Ba.65, Ba.88, SM79, SM81, Cant 1007, Caproni Ca.135.

Saludos.

+1 :)

GCF_Rakk
01-30-2011, 09:33 PM
will it be possible to choose exactly the volume of petrol before the take off.
In IL2 it was 25% or 50 % or 75 % or 100%

I would see high-speed chockwaves in visual effects of bomb's explosion.

I would like to see an Extraordinary modeling of the weather and seasons too....

Thanks !

Col.Flanders
01-31-2011, 01:15 PM
In-game full quality videos.

zakkandrachoff
01-31-2011, 04:08 PM
i want to see more colours in the "bush" (i think this is called like this)
example adolf galland bf109e in battle of britain
http://www.military-art.com/mall/images/dhm1321detail.jpg

my crappy fast effect montaje in COD
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/zakkandrachoff/kkk.jpg

hope oleg put different "bush" colours and designs in bf109 bf110 stuka hurricane (i remember see in hurricane a entire black whit a little line green) and other planes

red and white cross
http://www.spitfireworldwar.com/Messerschmitt%20Bf%20109E%20copy.jpg

http://www.brooksart.com/Openassault.JPG

ok, only i want is oleg dont pass this little small tinny detail. ok. bye

=SLO=Hellcat
01-31-2011, 05:05 PM
I'd like to know if it's possible to sink a submerged submarine in this game. Are there any depth charges?

PorcoRosso
02-01-2011, 10:59 AM
I'd love to have see some beautiful screenshots of the aircraft and especially historic sort of things such as 15th of September etc.
Perhaps also what would be cool would be a spotlight sort of thing detailing every inch of a certain aircraft with lots of screenshots etc. Maybe even a gameplay videos?

Flyby
02-01-2011, 11:10 AM
I'd like to see a video of low altitude pursuit over London to see how smoothly the complex city is rendered. The video should be from inside the cockpit. A mention of the system spec that the video was made with would be useful information.
thanks,
Flyby out

Flyby
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
OK, He won't talk about the system being used, but I'd still like to see such a video. I don't think I'm alone in that.
Flyby out

Jaws2002
02-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Videos made on HIGH END SYSTEM!!! Please! I got tired of the non anti aliasing screens. :(
I'd love to see is combat videos with different weather effects and differnt times of day. (even late evening combat). The clouds make or break the look of the sky in a game. I'd love to see new clouds. :grin:
Also Red tracers maybe.:lol:

barbalaappa
02-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Videos showing the AI behaviour in different situations. Eg. during dogfights, level bombing, dive bombing, differenses in fighter tactics, reactions under fire etc.

Especially interesting would be videos showing different levels of AI skill.

ECV56_Guevara
02-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Bombsights & ground explosions!!!!

Bastor1981
02-03-2011, 03:04 PM
+1 vote each for dogfight vids and takeoff vids (cockpit view)

Apart from that, I'd like to know the specs of the different A/C as modelled in CoD - level speeds and climb rates at different altitudes, turn rates etc. (I know, it will cause a flame war for sure, but I'd still like to know :rolleyes:)

Tree_UK
02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I would love to see a spitfire sramble in high res and AA +AF.

Wutz
02-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I wouldn´t be surprised if we get only a couple of screen shots again.

Alien
02-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I'd like some 3-5 min movie about hurricane squadron taking off from airfield and fighting.

Royraiden
02-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I'd like some 3-5 min movie about hurricane squadron taking off from airfield and fighting.

Hurri's ,Spits or 109's, I just want to see them dogfighting.

Luftwaffepilot
02-03-2011, 06:12 PM
I kind of expect to get "drowned with video" tomorrow.

I take Luthier at his words here. And a clip made on low end machine again doesn't count as a real video. ;)

Royraiden
02-03-2011, 06:15 PM
I kind of expect to get "drowned with video" tomorrow.

I take Luthier at his words here. And a clip made on low end machine again doesn't count as a real video. ;)

1+ for the drowning :)

JG52Uther
02-03-2011, 07:37 PM
He also said don't expect an update every week...

furbs
02-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Well....were running out of weeks to be honest.

Biggs
02-03-2011, 09:24 PM
at this point I'm more interested on learning more about whats in store for us with the SP part of the game than anything else...

Tree_UK
02-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I think tomorrow, Oleg is going to unleash the beast, we will see a great video with everything ramped up, spittys attacking large formations of bombers over london and everything running smooth.

furbs
02-03-2011, 09:50 PM
I just hope its more than we have seen for the last few months...were running out of time...the game should be finished now. if we cant see some video of COD running the latest build on a high-end machine now...then when will we?

Matt255
02-03-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't expect that much from tomorrows update. And i'm hope i'll be surprised.

I just hope we'll get more then a few screenshots.

furbs
02-03-2011, 10:29 PM
it doesnt have to be a flashy 10 min video...but what would be great is to see a 2 min video of a take off from engine start up to level flight...no stop start editing...just a nice flow of real footage.

or the same of a landing from entering the circuit to full stop.

Biggs
02-03-2011, 11:47 PM
"we were makning some chronicles of development in video format for the next video updates"- Oleg, from last week.

the videos are going to be developer diary type videos, not long gameplay trailers.

Royraiden
02-04-2011, 12:09 AM
"we were makning some chronicles of development in video format for the next video updates"- Oleg, from last week.

the videos are going to be developer diary type videos, not long gameplay trailers.

Any video is welcome, as long as it shows something new.

B25Mitch
02-04-2011, 01:48 AM
I think we just need some good news. In the last day we've found out that

1.) there's no dynamic campaign

2.) there's no box versions coming to Australia

Seeing a nice video would be good news

David198502
02-04-2011, 02:57 AM
I think tomorrow, Oleg is going to unleash the beast, we will see a great video with everything ramped up, spittys attacking large formations of bombers over london and everything running smooth.

i really hope you are right on that!

Richie
02-04-2011, 03:45 AM
Videos. Take offs, Landings, Bombings, Dogfights. The whole schmear

NEWGUY
02-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Videos. Take offs, Landings, Bombings, Dogfights. The whole schmear

Yes! This would be great to see. How about a sight seeing tour of the famous buildings, bridges, etc?

dhyran
02-07-2011, 03:12 PM
+ i would like to see an official game server!

+ an official Scoreborad and weekly hosted events would be great!

bf-110
02-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Most people must already aked for me... VIDEOS!

JAMF
02-07-2011, 05:53 PM
How about a screenshot from within the cockpit on a 3 screen setup? (Eyefinity or "Surround Gaming")

JG53Frankyboy
02-07-2011, 07:39 PM
the armament selection screen with a Ju88 or He111 :)

Flying Pencil
02-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Update plans.

How frequent will we see updates to game. Every 4 months? etc.

Flying Pencil
02-07-2011, 08:17 PM
the armament selection screen with a Ju88 or He111 :)

And Do-17 and Blen, and that Fiat bomber.

kendo65
02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Following the excellent report from Youss (posted by MoHaX) of his experience flying the 109, I was wondering if Luthier could do a video showing similar things.

Think of something similar to Youss's flight with commentary from luthier on the new features as we see them on the screen.

That way we get to see it AND get commentary and information at the same time.

Tree_UK
02-09-2011, 10:49 AM
In the next update I would like to see some video shot from the pilots perspective attacking another aircraft(s), no editing using video tools, just how it was shot at the time.

Many thanks

heywooood
02-10-2011, 11:52 PM
lots of direct, in game video (not that over Ilya's shoulder camera phone video schtuff neither)...with audio...mg's firing, cannons firing, Olegs bean soup firing...well maybe not that

Qpassa
02-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Luthier told us that we would end up drowning in the amount of information we are going to get the update, but I did not see anything special last week (in the video did not look that worked correctly 6dof). Let's see this week

Trumper
02-11-2011, 12:05 PM
Luthier told us that we would end up drowning in the amount of information we are going to get the update, but I did not see anything special last week (in the video did not look that worked correctly 6dof). Let's see this week
Will there be one this week? nowt showing yet but here's hoping for some ingame video with ingame audio :)

Strike
02-11-2011, 12:53 PM
I would really like to see in what ways the damage modeling has improved:

First thing I'd like to see:

A video showcasing a bomber for instance taking excessive abuse from a spitfire. With developer commentary or visualization of what systems, parts and structure are hit, how they are damaged, what effects they have and what we can expect to see happening in combat.

I am also curious about the stupid old "insta-splode" or "Spontaneous explosion" from IL-2. Nothing in real life, get's blown to bits in an instant, that is unless, a bombload is detonated. Seriously, no planes are made of liquid nitrogen like the planes in IL-2.. So here is an other question that I really would like answered :

Mid air collisions and crashlandings.

Even the old Microprose B-17 2 The Mighty 8th had structural bending. (Wings would bend on object collision).

Rise of Flight made a brave attempt at weakening the "wood spars" in the wings etc. to have them bend under heavy air loads or lighter air loads depending on damage. They failed, however, in creating it so that the broken part detected collision with the rest of the plane (i.e lower wings could bend so they pointed up and through the upper wing as if it wasn't there).

In IL-2 the technology now just makes the part that is struck "disintegrate" into small 3D meshes which, is also, not very likely to happen in real life unless the planes are made of glass. So here is the question:

Will IL-2:CoD have advanced deformation? Individual propeller blades bending, bending wings that seem to "break/twist/pry" off instead of "jumping off as many small parts" ?

The third thing that comes in mind is ground impacts.

In Il-2 we have a plane with an airspeed and ground angle detonator. If you are over a certain speed or land with a certain angle it just causes the plane to explode like a bomb with a shockwave blast that takes out other planes flying low nearby. All the smoke flies directly upwards (except for the burning parts that keep the planes speed and direction before spreading in a million pieces everywhere).

Since this is the absolute highlight and climax of a dogfight.. (seeing your enemys plane plunging in a spiral or trying to crashland at the end of a dogfight is what makes you feel triumphant) (I'm one of those who ALWAYS circle my defeated enemy to simply watch him go down, unless theres more enemies to fight). So as I was saying; since this is the absolute climax and victory of a dogfight, I'd like to see what I'd expect from a planecrash.

If the plane has high speed and shallow angle it would most likely break up into pieces and spew fuel and fire all along it's path until it comes to a halt.. Fuel burns rapidly because it's dispersed over a large area and heavy parts like the engine can come loose from it's frame and bounce/spin far away from the impact point (see F-16 Thunderbirds crash).

A steep angle crash (high speed or not really) should leave all the fuel in a relatively small area and cause a big fireball (not a huge explosion nessesarily unless there is munitions going off). The higher the speed, the higher the parts will fly off the ground again and scatter about.

A slow crash with shallow angle should be more of a skidding event with a lot of ground dust/dirt/grass being torn up and tossed around the plane

Of course, crashes are freak events that have a LOT of factors and random events that cannot possibly be recreated in real life, but I'd like to see some better results for IL-2 CoD than IL-2 provided :)

Finally. Have you considered using 3D mesh deformation such as used in games like GTA IV and "1nsane" (latter being an old racing game) where deformation is applied to the 3D object once a collision has been detected? Say you're taxiing and accidently clip the wing into a lightpost or fence or a stationary plane, you would get a dent and have some aerodynamic and structural loss, and if the speed was higher, the wing would rip off like it normally does???

As you can see, I am really really excited about the damage model, and I would love to see mroe of it in your future videos!! Go team Maddox :D

oh and PS: Really happy with the damage I've seen so far so It's not a complaint about CoD, rather what I know has been done with other games, and wonder if you will include these features in CoD's damage model! :)

Looking forward to this weeks update, and have a nice weekend guys!

B25Mitch
02-11-2011, 01:22 PM
I agree Strike - all of those points are valid, and in all probability most will not make the initial release. There are also other issues that relate directly to the flight model (see my recently started 'FM/DM issue' thread) which should be given priority in future patches. I know many the items on these 'wishlists' could be very CPU intensive, but some of them are pretty basic fixes which would enhance the gameplay.

Strike
02-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Well all in all I would say that of all my requests the most realistic one would be to see the "Showcase of damage model with developer commentary and highlights of various effects and the complexity of everything".

That's why it's my first and most sincere wish :)

I'd like to see something of a more realistic building damage and crash model yes:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060203224147/uncyclopedia/images/2/2c/Luftwaffle.jpeg

Thought I'd share :)

Richie
02-14-2011, 10:08 PM
gime a V gime an I gime a D gime an E gime an O gime a S... Whata ya got.....YIDEOS!!!!Whata ya got.....YIDEOS!!!!Whata ya got.....YIDEOS!!!!

I guess I'd like to see some videos.

xnomad
02-16-2011, 06:24 AM
I haven't read any of the 13 pages on this thread (yet) so this might have been brought up already howver I want to see the limits of the 6DOF.

I remember reading that you can loosen the shoulder straps so that you can lean out more with the drawback that you will get slammed about more in violent maneuvers.

I want to see how much of my 6 O'clock I can see with the straps loosened to the max. A video of this would be good.

Ctrl E
02-18-2011, 12:41 AM
oleg/ilya,

can we get some clairty on why it is so difficult to buy this product? many fans in major markets such as australia, the US and canada are all struggling to pre-order this game. we desperately want to and we desperately want to see this game become a commercial success, but it seems everything is being done to make it as difficult as possible to find and buy this game!

as discussed - the digital download price in australia as quoted on the UBI website is equal to the value of a collectors edition overseas!

many thanks.

WTE_Galway
02-18-2011, 03:14 AM
UBI have created a link for people wanting to suggest possible questions the UBI forum moderators will be putting directly to the Developer team:

http://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=59ba5

CBA_Bludawg
02-18-2011, 03:40 AM
will it be released on Steam in USA?

kybel
02-18-2011, 10:09 AM
i would love to see som screens in full quality settings. dx effects, reflections, AA ...

B25Mitch
02-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Too right! I haven't seen any sign of reflections in the water, or 3D waves. IL-2 1946 had both of those so I would hope to see them return.

Royraiden
02-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Too right! I haven't seen any sign of reflections in the water, or 3D waves. IL-2 1946 had both of those so I would hope to see them return.

I have.In one of the Kiev videos, there was one showing what I think was higher level of detail, and the whole sky was reflected in a portion of water while the player was flying low.

kristorf
02-18-2011, 01:49 PM
I would love for there to be a complete pilot 'life', going from basic training through operational training units to Squadrons and then into a campaign, with at some point your flying ability determaning the type of aircraft you go onto fly.

Tree_UK
02-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Just an update would be good.

swiss
02-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Just an update would be good.

Maybe even with screenshots, that would so awesome. :mrgreen:

Winger
02-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Yes, Update please!

Winger

swiss
02-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Yes, Update please!

Winger

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18803

Hecke
02-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Well, I just want to be drowned in videos like Luthier promised.

[RS]Boomer
02-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I agree Hecke, I was really hoping for a video this week, since we got nothing last week. But at least they take the time to do these updates at all. I hope we will get to see some more game play before it comes out.

Stealth_Eagle
02-22-2011, 01:57 AM
I would like to see more things related to sea like ships and their damage modeling and level of detail. If you read this Oleg, could you please check your visitor messages since there is something extremely vital that I need to tell you. With much thanks.

JAMF
02-22-2011, 09:26 AM
A taskmanager screenshot of the CoD exe using more than 2GB. ;)

Ploughman
02-22-2011, 10:30 AM
I would like to see more things related to sea like ships and their damage modeling and level of detail. If you read this Oleg, could you please check your visitor messages since there is something extremely vital that I need to tell you. With much thanks.

More of this really, we've seen very little of the effects of bombs or objects damage models. Il2 was quite good at reproducing the effects of aircraft taking damage, catching fire, exploding, but was very much less good when it came to the visuals of ordnance exploding and so on with the damage to shipping, ground objects etc., being quite rudimentary. I am hoping that this latest engine will be able to improve this aspect of the sim by several orders of magnitude.

Flyby
02-22-2011, 11:10 AM
It may have been mentioned, but I'd like to see a video of skies full of bombers (some smoking heavily), and of fighters in swirling dogfights. I'd be looking to see smooth frame rates even while a lot was going on, including flak. Just to seal the deal, make this video from inside the cockpit of a fighter that's still a good way off, and observing the melee.
Flyby out

Geronimo989
02-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Somebody might have said it already, but I would like to see some kind of update on the IL-2 Battle for Moscow or Korea. A screenshot or two would be ideal :D

ptisinge
03-03-2011, 02:07 AM
I'd like to have more to read rather than more to see (already convinced it looks good enough).
In particular, could we get a more detailed description of the features in the 128 players multiplayer mode? How does it work? Can players crew only their airplane or also occupy gunner positions of others, like in the new Zuti MDS servers? How it the progress of the battle handled, what rules determine how the battle is going etc... Thanks :)

Blackdog_kt
03-03-2011, 04:01 PM
I'd like to have more to read rather than more to see (already convinced it looks good enough).
In particular, could we get a more detailed description of the features in the 128 players multiplayer mode? How does it work? Can players crew only their airplane or also occupy gunner positions of others, like in the new Zuti MDS servers? How it the progress of the battle handled, what rules determine how the battle is going etc... Thanks :)

Exactly my take on things as well.

If it's a video, then why not an instructional one with commentary instead of just a cinematic with lots of explosions that's been done to death by all kinds of games?

I'm thinking of a video where a developer talks us through some of the features and gives some insight on what they've built and how it works. Even better, an aircraft familiarization tutorial much like the ones A2A does for their FSX add-on aircraft:

"Hello, i'm Ilya Shevchenko, this is our 109E in Cliffs of Dover, and today i'm going to show you how to complete a simple take-off and land circuit around your airbase to demonstrate the changes and improvements from the IL2 series in the fields of FM,DM and engine management. I'm going to be flying with all the difficulty options set to on and i'll show you a few things to be careful of when flying the 109E, among them how not to over-rev your engine when flying the manual prop pitch variants. Our dynamic weather module is still in debugging but we do have static weather, so i will also show you the importance of wind direction in your takeoff/landing and what happens when you disregard it in narrow gear taildraggers like the 109 and Spitfire".
And then, he proceeds doing just that and briefly talking us through it within the the span of a few minutes.

Next week's video, an airstart mission from the QMB with someone displaying how to properly attack bombers in a Hurricane and touching on the main bits: shooting in convergence range, making side slashing attacks to avoid gunners, concentrating your fire to offset the small caliber of you guns, etc and most importantly, what happens when you disregard the advice. After all, there's no better way to showcase the product's realism than the player getting punished for doing something that would have consequences in the real world.
For the next video, a bombing run tutorial in a He111 and a small section at the end pointing out the differences in bombsights between the 111 and the other bombers featured in the simulator (blenheim, Br20, etc).

It doesn't have to be a gazillion aircraft swirling and spewing smoke and gunfire all over the screen, it could be just one aircraft with a guy talking or a small QMB mission...it just needs to be interesting and show what's under the hood of their new engine ;)

flyboy4612
03-03-2011, 10:40 PM
I just want to see some in game video of a dogfight between a Spit and a 109. Bullets firing, someone going down in flames. It'd be cool to see the damage effects in action!