PDA

View Full Version : Steam Version

HC_Coyote
01-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Do you know if it`s going to be available through steam? For many foreign fans it's the only way to buy it.

JG52Krupi
01-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Do you know if it`s going to be available through steam? For many foreign fans it's the only way to buy it.

I sure hope so, i want to buy it on steam and get the CE :D

machoo
01-26-2011, 12:58 AM
I would imagine so , you can buy all the other titles on Steam. This is my preferred choice too.

Heliocon
01-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Actually was looking for it yesterday on the upcoming releases for steam since WOP/IL2 is there. I really hope it is, I never buy hard copies anymore.

Avimimus
01-26-2011, 01:47 PM
I'd personally recommend getting a disk version. CoD will support modifications and it will be good to have multiple installs without any chance of automatic patching over customised installs.

IMHO, Steam may work exceptionally well for linnear FPS, but I have real doubts for simulators (eg. ArmaII, CoD)

Krt_Bong
01-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Il-2 on Steam is still not updated to 4.10 and it may be a while till you see an announcement for CoD on there, might happen closer to launch but we can hope. I personally may get it through another Download source because of the way Steam is about updates, they tend to be slow in doing so and the file structure usually doesn't allow you to do it yourself and you just have to know that CoD will probably have to be patched soon after release, it's inevitable.

=XIII=Shea
01-26-2011, 03:04 PM
I cant seem to get the boxed version,so if i have to download,which would be best ubisoft or gamersgate?

Avimimus
01-26-2011, 05:08 PM
It is also possible to get copies on the grey market. I know a lot of use will be ordering from the Jersey Islands...

Krt_Bong
01-26-2011, 05:25 PM
It's still too early yet, we should know something more definate in 2 weeks or so :)

Antoninus
01-26-2011, 06:20 PM
I sure hope so, i want to buy it on steam and get the CE :D

What's the point of buying the CE on steam? No nice box, Spitfire manual and the map just as pdf. wouldn't be worth the extra money for me

JG52Uther
01-26-2011, 08:32 PM
It is also possible to get copies on the grey market. I know a lot of use will be ordering from the Jersey Islands...

If you are on about Play.com they don't have it yet!

JG52Krupi
01-27-2011, 06:35 AM
What's the point of buying the CE on steam? No nice box, Spitfire manual and the map just as pdf. wouldn't be worth the extra money for me

I meant I would buy the ce from play.com and also purchase a steam copy :rolleyes: