PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft a recent re-marriage?

Tree_UK
01-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Have ubisoft always been involved in the development of COD or is this a recent re-marriage?

philip.ed
01-23-2011, 12:47 PM
I think they've always been involved to some degree, but have chosen to stay anonymous until the game was 100% tangible.
Pure conjecture, of course.

Feathered_IV
01-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Hard to say. I think when they first got together they were pretty close. Then lots of things got in the way. Once their offspring left home, so to speak, they began to see less and less of each other and they drifted apart. I think for a while there Oleg was almost certainly thinking of seeing other people. Ubi never made a secret of having a string of other relationships, but I think Oleg didn't mind. It took the heat off him, and he needed the space after all.

Later, as Oleg became once again "with child" I think he must have wondered who to enter into a relationship with. I guess he knew deep down that not everybody would have him - they'd prefer more tits than brains. Perhaps Oleg figured it is better the devil you know. If Ubi offered to take him back, maybe Oleg felt he couldn't say no. Now Ubi wants to name the child and has announced the date of birth before Oleg has gone to full term... Who knows what will happen.

furbs
01-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Hard to say. I think when they first got together they were pretty close. Then lots of things got in the way. Once their offspring left home, so to speak, they began to see less and less of each other and they drifted apart. I think for a while there Oleg was almost certainly thinking of seeing other people. Ubi never made a secret of having a string of other relationships, but I think Oleg didn't mind. It took the heat off him, and he needed the space after all.

Later, as Oleg became once again "with child" I think he must have wondered who to enter into a relationship with. I guess he knew deep down that not everybody would have him - they'd prefer more tits than brains. Perhaps Oleg figured it is better the devil you know. If Ubi offered to take him back, maybe Oleg felt he couldn't say no. Now Ubi wants to name the child and has announced the date of birth before Oleg has gone to full term... Who knows what will happen.

great post!!

Zappatime
01-23-2011, 05:57 PM
nice parable Feathered IV:grin:

I think they split a while ago.....but 'rediscovered' oneanother on Facebook, ah, the path of true love is sometimes a rocky one:rolleyes:

mazex
01-23-2011, 06:06 PM
nice parable Feathered IV:grin:

I think they split a while ago.....but 'rediscovered' oneanother on Facebook, ah, the path of true love is sometimes a rocky one:rolleyes:

You mean like when you're drunk out on town and meet an old girlfriend that is also drunk?

BadAim
01-23-2011, 06:48 PM
You mean like when you're drunk out on town and meet an old girlfriend that is also drunk?

No, mate. That's just getting laid. True love is something different. Getting laid does have it's place though......

zauii
01-23-2011, 06:52 PM
Honestly, i think its just an attempt from UBI to check if the PC market still has anything going for it, but that's just my personal thoughts.
I doubt UBI was involved during the whole process, they've gone console casual land dissing most of their old PC series.

I mean the list can go on..
# Ghost Recon
# Rainbow Six
# Splinter Cell
# Brothers in Arms
# Silent Hunter

etc, destroyed PC franschises.

kirq
01-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Honestly, i think its just an attempt from UBI to check if the PC market still has anything going for it, but that's just my personal thoughts.
I doubt UBI was involved during the whole process, they've gone console casual land dissing most of their old PC series.

I mean the list can go on..
# Ghost Recon
# Rainbow Six
# Splinter Cell
# Brothers in Arms
# Silent Hunter

etc, destroyed PC franschises.

Unfortunately You are 100% right :(

easytarget3
01-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Unfortunately You are 100% right :(

lets hope Oleg has strong stand and wont let ubi to boss him too much!:)

leggit
01-24-2011, 03:58 PM
I think we should all look forward to CoD coming out and relax about the whole ubi thing. :)

Vevster
01-24-2011, 05:57 PM
I think Ubi always had the right to "the next sim" by Oleg, for all these years.

I think Oleg didn't give mch information and developped the game without interference from Ubi. Ubi didn't care much, being busy with many other products.

I think that when Oleg & Co thought they had a product that they could show to Ubi, they did.

I think Ubi & Oleg agreed on a release date and on the wording of the press release.

I think Oleg posted the press release on this forum about an hour earlier than Ubi, probably on purpose :-P

I think guys in charge of the game at Ubi are still somehow lost, not having a lot of information, and probably not that knowledgeable on flight sims anyway.

All in all, if it works out like IL-2, both Ubi and Oleg&Co will be happy.

whatnot
01-26-2011, 08:01 PM

LOL, super!