PDA

View Full Version : CoD Mod Friendly?

BigPickle
01-21-2011, 11:38 AM
Hey all, just thought of a good question that I couldnt find an answer for.

Does anyone know if CoD will be mod friendly, by that i mean further than skinning. Well all know what happened with IL2 and that happend because people wanted to mod the sound effects in game and it just exploded from there.

Can this sort of stuff now be done "legally" with CoD but keeping the FM's locked still like can be done with most games.

Flanker35M
01-21-2011, 11:54 AM
S!

Oleg has mentioned 3rd party addition support + tools released after the game is out. But not at initial launch. And it should be well documented + limiting what can done and what is strictly behind the dev team. So this time they seem to give opportunity to do some 3rd party work to CoD which is good.

Flying Pencil
01-21-2011, 01:11 PM
S!

Oleg has mentioned 3rd party addition support + tools released after the game is out. But not at initial launch. And it should be well documented + limiting what can done and what is strictly behind the dev team. So this time they seem to give opportunity to do some 3rd party work to CoD which is good.

Awesome!

Barrakooda
01-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Agreed

I think that the life of IL2 has been extended past what initially had been expected.

Would be a shame to lose those hard work individuals.

Tacoma74
01-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey all, just thought of a good question that I couldnt find an answer for.

Does anyone know if CoD will be mod friendly, by that i mean further than skinning. Well all know what happened with IL2 and that happend because people wanted to mod the sound effects in game and it just exploded from there.

Can this sort of stuff now be done "legally" with CoD but keeping the FM's locked still like can be done with most games.

Exactly what I've been wondering for the past few days... I wonder if the file structure of the game will be similar to that of 1946, and the whole way things work.... Probably not tho. Hopefully it won't be as confusing as it was for me when i first started getting into modding 1946. Took me a couple weeks to really catch on.

With the addition of mods it will completely transform gameplay much like it did with 1946. Usually for the better of coarse IMO

Feathered_IV
01-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Oleg said several times over the years that there would be two distinct modes available. Mods on & mods off. Good idea, as it will please everybody.

JG53Frankyboy
01-21-2011, 03:03 PM
not tot forget he said in the past that free 3.party modellers of maps and planes are restricted to smaller maps and a simpler FM !

IF the free stuff is in CoD official standard there would be a chance that 1C would put it in the 'official' ( button "no mods" activated ;) ) part of the game.

and i guess (a very personal guess !!) that 1C want to sell licences of the CoD engine to other AdOn developers , mainly the M$ Flighsim crowd....., and they would have than full acces to the FM and mapsice. but propably still be on the mod side of the game part.
Future will tell.................