PDA

View Full Version : Collectors Edition for Nordic countries...

Yammo
01-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi Oleg, Maddox, 1C

I, like most IL2 fanatics are absolutely thrilled about the release of Cliffs
of Dover. Good job! ...and I hope the team get a good release-bonus. ;)

To my issue:
I was trying to pre-order the Collectors edition, but could not find it
anywhere (Except in some polish, Czech stores that I do not recognize,
nor trust.)

First google scan gave me some quotes that
"...In the Nordics, IL-2 STURMOVIK?: Cliffs of Dover will be available on digital
download platforms only..."
Source: http://feber.se/spel/art/199083/il2_sturmovik_cliffs_of_dover_/

A few more google queries gave the indication that the Collectors edition
"...will be available to UK residents only..."
Source: http://pressextranet.ubisoft.com/EMEA/UK/PublicPages/PressReleasesDetails.aspx?prid=444&title=UBISOFT%C2%AE+ANNOUNCES+IL-2+STURMOVIK%E2%84%A2:+CLIFFS+OF+DOVER

Could someone give me what is correct?
I am getting the collectors edition one way or another... I'm just upset with
UBI-soft trying to tell me what to buy and not to buy... Those kind of choices
are MY prerogative...

//Yammo

334th_Gazoo
01-20-2011, 06:14 PM
"Ubisoft also announced that IL-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover will be available in a special Collector’s Edition, along-side the standalone version exclusively at Ubishop in the UK: http://shop.ubi.com/cliffsofdovercollector"

Please Say It's Not True! I live in Canada:(
334th_Gazoo

addman
01-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Hi Oleg, Maddox, 1C

I, like most IL2 fanatics are absolutely thrilled about the release of Cliffs
of Dover. Good job! ...and I hope the team get a good release-bonus. ;)

To my issue:
I was trying to pre-order the Collectors edition, but could not find it
anywhere (Except in some polish, Czech stores that I do not recognize,
nor trust.)

First google scan gave me some quotes that
"...In the Nordics, IL-2 STURMOVIK?: Cliffs of Dover will be available on digital
download platforms only..."
Source: http://feber.se/spel/art/199083/il2_sturmovik_cliffs_of_dover_/

A few more google queries gave the indication that the Collectors edition
"...will be available to UK residents only..."
Source: http://pressextranet.ubisoft.com/EMEA/UK/PublicPages/PressReleasesDetails.aspx?prid=444&title=UBISOFT%C2%AE+ANNOUNCES+IL-2+STURMOVIK%E2%84%A2:+CLIFFS+OF+DOVER

Could someone give me what is correct?
I am getting the collectors edition one way or another... I'm just upset with
UBI-soft trying to tell me what to buy and not to buy... Those kind of choices
are MY prerogative...

//Yammo

Oroa dig inte, finns den här i Finland så kommer collector's edition släppas i Sverige också. Ska förhandsboka mitt ex från http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kauppa/product_info.php?products_id=49941

Raggz
01-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Oroa dig inte, finns den här i Finland så kommer collector's edition släppas i Sverige också. Ska förhandsboka mitt ex från http://www.puolenkuunpelit.com/kauppa/product_info.php?products_id=49941

Thanks for this link. They ship to norway so i placed my order for collectors edition. :D

addman
01-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks for this link. They ship to norway so i placed my order for collectors edition. :D
Nema problema! I didn't even know they had the site in English, just clicked on the small English flag in the top right corner LOL!

Raggz
01-20-2011, 07:14 PM
Nema problema! I didn't even know they had the site in English, just clicked on the small English flag in the top right corner LOL!

LOL, i actually tried translator and was about to give up when i accidentally saw the english flag :)

addman
01-20-2011, 07:26 PM
LOL! Yeah, still trying to learn the cursed language of Finnish, it doesn't help that my girlfriend is a Swedish speaking finn either:)

Yammo
01-20-2011, 08:56 PM
"Ubisoft also announced that IL-2 STURMOVIK™: Cliffs of Dover will be available in a special Collector’s Edition, along-side the standalone version exclusively at Ubishop in the UK: http://shop.ubi.com/cliffsofdovercollector"

334th_Gazoo

If I follow the link you posted, I get re-directed to:
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/sv_SE/home

Everywhere I look, it's the same thing, which is the reason I started this thread. ;)

I really really wish 1C and Maddox would stop dealing with UBI-soft :(((

Yammo
01-20-2011, 08:58 PM

Tackar!
Får ta Finlands-båten över å bjuda dig på en öl. ;)

I really really wish 1C and Maddox would stop dealing with UBI-soft :(((

JG52Uther
01-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Its not Olegs fault,and probably nothing to do with him.UBI is the publisher outside Russia IIRC, so these sort of questions would probably be better asked at the ubi forum.

Tigertooo
01-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Yammo, arn't you flying with the famous Tangmere Pilots? I think i've seen you there www.tangmerepilots.co.uk
could be wrong

major_setback
01-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm in Sweden. No Collectors CoD! :-(

I want my CoD and I want it now!

Jabout
01-20-2011, 11:30 PM
What The famous Tangmere Pilots?:eek:

major_setback
01-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Bugger!!!
I ordered it from the Finish site
"credit card transaction declined"...but got an e-mail invoice for the amount anyway!!! It looks like they took they money but declined the purchase.

Don't know what is happening now.
Curse!!!!!!!!!

Damn bloodyy **********
:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

genbrien
01-21-2011, 03:03 AM

334th_Gazoo
I too live in canada.
If you find the collector edition, could you please PM me ?:rolleyes:

mazex
01-21-2011, 08:43 AM
LOL! Yeah, still trying to learn the cursed language of Finnish, it doesn't help that my girlfriend is a Swedish speaking finn either:)

It's always good to be reminded that the language of the brave and the bold is the first language for some people outside of Sweden ;) It must be a bit weird now when the rest of Finland does not know any swedish (as opposed to before when all finns knew some swedish at least)? Is it still the way that the upper class in Helsinki speak swedish?

Flanker35M
01-21-2011, 08:56 AM
S!

I put my local game store to get the Collector's Edition for me :) Mazex, every Finn learns Swedish in elementary school and high school. So called "forced Swedish" as Finland is bi-lingual. We were once under Swdish rule for 700 years so there are some Swedish speaking areas in the west coast..2.5% of population I think.

I was born in Sweden and hearing the so called "finnish swedes" talk was like WTF..they are raping the language. Pronounciation was horrible and they even had some finnish words there mixed in..EH?! Göteborg dialect FTW! And some of them spoke Swedish only to show off, even they fluently usually spoke Finnish.

Anyways..Collector's Edition is the way to go :)

Raggz
01-21-2011, 11:33 AM
S!

I put my local game store to get the Collector's Edition for me :) Mazex, every Finn learns Swedish in elementary school and high school. So called "forced Swedish" as Finland is bi-lingual. We were once under Swdish rule for 700 years so there are some Swedish speaking areas in the west coast..2.5% of population I think.

I was born in Sweden and hearing the so called "finnish swedes" talk was like WTF..they are raping the language. Pronounciation was horrible and they even had some finnish words there mixed in..EH?! Göteborg dialect FTW! And some of them spoke Swedish only to show off, even they fluently usually spoke Finnish.

Anyways..Collector's Edition is the way to go :)

Flanker you old sod, Ragtag here. Hows things in LLv34? :D

zauii
01-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Sweden here as well, hope to see it in webstores closers to launch.

Flanker35M
01-21-2011, 12:56 PM
S!

Ragtag, get back in LLv34 :) We are well and alive. Even Jompa flies now and then..and saw JussiK online too!

Så det ser ut som en hel del av Svenska fans väntar på CoD :)

addman
01-21-2011, 01:31 PM
It's always good to be reminded that the language of the brave and the bold is the first language for some people outside of Sweden ;) It must be a bit weird now when the rest of Finland does not know any swedish (as opposed to before when all finns knew some swedish at least)? Is it still the way that the upper class in Helsinki speak swedish?

Let me tell you this, the Swedish speaking people in Finland -Finlandssvenskar- aren't just one entity. In the south Borgå, Helsingfors, Esbo -Nyland- lives the "proper swedish speakers" as they like to refer themselves as. They consider themselves to be a tad bit "better" then the swedish speakers living on the westcoast -where I live-. They are the "elite" of the minority.

In western Finland (Pohjanmaa/Österbotten) -which is mainly an agricultural place- there are a lot of Finlandssvenskar but since they have the agricultural heritage they are not considered as "refined" as the city dwelling "ruling class" people in the south. Also there are TONS of different -some are really werid-*ss- Swedish dialects here. I could barely understand my girlfriend the first time we spoke to each other -and we're both supposed to be swedish speaking LOL!- Some dialects -like in Närpes/Närpiö- me and even other Swedish speakers FROM Finland have a really hard time understanding.

I could tell you a lot more but I guess I'm waaaay out of topic already:grin:

Raggz
01-21-2011, 02:12 PM
S!

Ragtag, get back in LLv34 :) We are well and alive. Even Jompa flies now and then..and saw JussiK online too!

Så det ser ut som en hel del av Svenska fans väntar på CoD :)

I might take you up on that. Have wait and see when the game is out. Right now i'm to busy :)

Yammo
01-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Yammo, arn't you flying with the famous Tangmere Pilots? I think i've seen you there www.tangmerepilots.co.uk
could be wrong

Tiger... That was really a tacky attempt at a sales pitch...
...but funny. ^_^

Yammo
01-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Bugger!!!
I ordered it from the Finish site
"credit card transaction declined"...but got an e-mail invoice for the amount anyway!!! It looks like they took they money but declined the purchase.

Don't know what is happening now.
Curse!!!!!!!!!

Damn bloodyy **********
:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

We will invade Finland and get your money back... dont worry.
Last time they were a push-over anyhow. ;)))

I'm sure if you contact them by phone, or mail, you will get things
sorted in a jiffy... :) Probably even get the pre-order green-lighted.

Keep us posted on the contact with the store-service. :)

Flanker35M
01-21-2011, 07:25 PM
S!

Russia tried with their 1 million man army to defeat us and failed miserably :) Still independent and all :) Anyhow..I wish the Collector's Edition will be available equally everywhere as many want it.

major_setback
01-22-2011, 01:33 AM
We will invade Finland and get your money back... dont worry.
Last time they were a push-over anyhow. ;)))

I'm sure if you contact them by phone, or mail, you will get things
sorted in a jiffy... :) Probably even get the pre-order green-lighted.

Keep us posted on the contact with the store-service. :)

Well, it seems the order never went through, even though they sent me a date for delivery (I should have kept quiet!:-))

I had a mild panic brought about by release euphoria and beer.
:-)

...also I had just got unpleasant news that a package I had sent by post had been opened and all contents lost.

Ramses66
01-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Well, it seems the order never went through, even though they sent me a date for delivery (I should have kept quiet!:-))

I had a mild panic brought about by release euphoria and beer.
:-)

...also I had just got unpleasant news that a package I had sent by post had been opened and all contents lost.

Surely there will be some place in Sweden that will sell the boxed collectors edition... Guess we just have to wait and see...

major_setback
01-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Surely there will be some place in Sweden that will sell the boxed collectors edition... Guess we just have to wait and see...

I ordered it at Amazon Germany now, to be sent to Sweden.

zauii
01-23-2011, 04:42 AM
Seems like Gameshop in sweden will have it , plus its collectors edition.. i still belive more stores will catch up such as webhallen etc, so I am not placing my pre-order just yet :)

Yammo
01-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Seems like Gameshop in sweden will have it , plus its collectors edition.. i still belive more stores will catch up such as webhallen etc, so I am not placing my pre-order just yet :)

Well, I guess that pretty much makes this thread moot.. :D
(Moderator: Feel free to close thread)

I would feel embarrassed for crying wolf so soon, but seeing it
was UBI-Soft at the helm for the release, I was pretty much
expecting the worst. :)

major_setback
01-24-2011, 10:13 PM
.... I could barely understand my girlfriend the first time we spoke to each other -and we're both supposed to be swedish speaking LOL!

That can carry on for a very many years ;-)

mazex
01-24-2011, 11:04 PM
that can carry on for a very many years ;-)

lol :)

zauii
01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Just recently got an answer from www.webhallen.com
which is one of the top swedish stores for games.
- Hej!

Vi inväntar just nu information från våran leverantör gällande denna,
håll koll på hemsidan så bör den komma upp för bokning inom kort.

Ha en fortsatt trevlig dag.

So they're probably gonna have it up for preorder shortly.

Untamo
03-01-2011, 11:33 AM
Finnieland status:

Puolenkuunpelit.com just took the collector's edition off the shelf and Verkkokauppa.com also set the status for it as Sold out.

Propably have to order from Sweden then... or what is the situation over there now (for the collector box)?

Webhallen atleast doesn't seem to have it.

-Untamo

jcenzano
03-01-2011, 11:46 AM
I could barely understand my girlfriend the first time we spoke to each other -and we're both supposed to be swedish speaking LOL!-

Don´t worry. after many years of marriage I still can´t understand my wife. And it oly gets worse nad worse :-P

Erkki
03-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Finnieland status:

Puolenkuunpelit.com just took the collector's edition off the shelf and Verkkokauppa.com also set the status for it as Sold out.

They did? Just got mine confirmed. :grin:

Untamo
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
They did? Just got mine confirmed. :grin:

Well yes, not in the web shop anymore... BUT, we did manage to put the order in with before it did go off the shelf... Let's see what happens to the order :)

Btw. What exactly did they say/confirm? And from Puolenkuu or Verkkokauppa?

EDIT: Ok.. my friend got the cancellation message from Puolenkuunpelit too :(

-Untamo