PDA

View Full Version : Sounds! from official trailer...

Tvrdi
01-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Are they from game or added in movie production?...cause they sound awesome! Much better than farting from IL2....

Hellfire257
01-20-2011, 06:03 PM
I think they are dubbed over sadly, although I could be wrong!

Robert
01-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Whether they are dubbed or not, it would be false advertising to include such sounds in a promotional video and not have them in game. IMO they are in game sounds.

Alien
01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
They're added after record, I'm 100% sure. Remember that old Pacific Fighters trailer???

Specht
01-21-2011, 01:04 AM
They're added after record, I'm 100% sure. Remember that old Pacific Fighters trailer???

This time, Alien is absolutely right.

BMCha
01-21-2011, 01:11 AM
I think I remember reading that much of the trailer's material was captured off an older beta, meaning that the sounds were added in later.

Hopefully the real sounds will be of a similar quality.

Flanker35M
01-21-2011, 07:58 AM
S!

Would not be the first or last trailer of a game using other sounds than in-game ones. Or beefed up in-game sounds.

CrazySchmidt
01-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Sound quality this time around will make or break for me. I don't care how well modeled flight model, environment and cockpit details are, if the aircraft engines sound anything like the last official release of IL2, I'll have this shelved within a week.

Cheers, CS. :)

Tacoma74
01-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Well I'm positive the sound quality will be fine. Every other aspect of the game seems to be great from what I've seen, so i don't see why the sound would be bad. Have faith guys! After everyone gets they're hands on a copy of this they will be bowing to the great Oleg. ;)

CrazySchmidt
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Well I'm positive the sound quality will be fine. Every other aspect of the game seems to be great from what I've seen, so i don't see why the sound would be bad. Have faith guys! After everyone gets they're hands on a copy of this they will be bowing to the great Oleg. ;)

Remember the very, very first release of IL2? the sounds weren't too bad at that point, but then for some reason after that they completely screwed them up. I hold very little faith in 1c providing a satisfactory solution in this area of CoD. I sincerely hope I'm wrong here.

CS. :)

Tacoma74
01-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Remember the very, very first release of IL2? the sounds weren't too bad at that point, but then for some reason after that they completely screwed them up. I hold very little faith in 1c providing a satisfactory solution in this area of CoD. I sincerely hope I'm wrong here.

Well if it comes down to that then I'm sure Jafa will be here to work his magic! :) If of coarse the in game sounds are similar to how the ones in 1946 are setup with the presets and samples and whatnot..... Only time will tell.

LukeFF
01-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Sound quality this time around will make or break for me. I don't care how well modeled flight model, environment and cockpit details are, if the aircraft engines sound anything like the last official release of IL2, I'll have this shelved within a week.

You'd shelve a game over one highly subjective point? Strange.

CrazySchmidt
01-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Well if it comes down to that then I'm sure Jafa will be here to work his magic! :) If of coarse the in game sounds are similar to how the ones in 1946 are setup with the presets and samples and whatnot..... Only time will tell.

LOL! You know me frighteningly well, Jafa's sounds have destroyed my enjoyment of stock IL2.

Tacoma74
01-21-2011, 11:34 AM
LOL! You know me frighteningly well, Jafa's sounds have destroyed my enjoyment of stock IL2.

Yes, me too. There was no looking back when i first came upon his creations! He certainly is a master of his craft, and we thank him for all his hard work. :) Hopefully there is more to come.

Robert
01-21-2011, 11:48 AM

Loved the supercharger whine of the 109s.

I'll be extremely disappointed should the sounds not match what are on the promo movie. Make or break for me? Tough question. I doubt I'd buy any follow up titles should the sounds be anything like IL2/FB's.

CrazySchmidt
01-21-2011, 11:49 AM
You'd shelve a game over one highly subjective point? Strange.

Yes I would, because I have not seen the significant improvements in graphics quality that I was hoping for from the current IL2. Immersion is everything for me, if it doesn't sound real, if the ground detail looks like a cartoon, if flames look like a mated mess of digital repetition then I'm not satisfied to spend my money or my time with this.

When the original IL2 was released, it was so much more advanced than anything I had ever seen or heard before, that I was completely captivated by the brilliance of it all and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. From what I have seen so far of CoD, it's a graphics engine upgrade (a very good one indeed it would seem), but the overall atmospheric graphical feel still feels like IL2, I was hoping for the appearance of a new game based around the latest graphical technologies, good Lord... the screen shots from BoP look better in many instances...

CrazySchmidt
01-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Loved the supercharger whine of the 109s.

Yep, that was one of the very first hooks for me with the sound.

Cheers, CS. :)

Tacoma74
01-21-2011, 12:10 PM
Not really through my eyes. Honestly, I think the color saturation is horrible in BoP and WoP. Its got this green hue that just bugs my eyes after awhile... but who knows, maybe it's time for an eye appointment? ;) But the way i think about it... If this is only the first installment in this new series, AND it looks alot better than that of 1946 (which is somewhat up-to-date with those things we don't talk about lol) Than I can only see this game getting better and better as time goes on. I'm just glad i'll finally get to see it all work for real in front of my eyes, instead of looking at screenshots and short videos of a beta version. :-P

CrazySchmidt
01-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Not really through my eyes. Honestly, I think the color saturation is horrible in BoP and WoP. Its got this green hue that just bugs my eyes after awhile... but who knows, maybe it's time for an eye appointment? ;) But the way i think about it... If this is only the first installment in this new series, AND it looks alot better than that of 1946 (which is somewhat up-to-date with those things we don't talk about lol) Than I can only see this game getting better and better as time goes on. I'm just glad i'll finally get to see it all work for real in front of my eyes, instead of looking at screenshots and short videos of a beta version. :-P

Yes you are quite right and there are clearly many, many improvements from IL2 which I have admired through the development process with similar excitement and anticipation as with the original IL2, but have not expressed in this thread.

I'm sure this will be an exciting release anyway it goes.

(1c please don't F**k the sound up!!)

Sepp
01-23-2011, 05:08 PM
I hope the 109's whine makes to the game... :?

robtek
01-24-2011, 11:15 AM
A cousin of a aunt, twice removed, told me that the reason for not using original sounds is that there are royalities to the manufacturers are to be paid when using them.