PDA

View Full Version : ZING!! I was right on my predition (Tree fails)

Flying Pencil
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Should have taken that bet with Swiss ;)

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17846&page=3

I predict deliveries will be a week or 2 after official release date, but knowing a date goes a long way!

leggit
01-19-2011, 07:01 PM
well done have a sweety.

Sven
01-19-2011, 07:20 PM
tap tap good boy, sure as hell Tree would be pissed off, this contradicts everything he has lived for!

Flying Pencil
01-19-2011, 07:24 PM
tap tap good boy, sure as hell Tree would be pissed off, this contradicts everything he has lived for!

:)
I am sure Tree will live, and find something else. From what I hear he still is right, most of the time. :rolleyes: ;)

philip.ed
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
God, seriously, Tree made so many claims,and only one was right, but all were correct in their own right. When looking back at those old topics, Tree was the only one who had an ounce of common sense about the state of the game, and if he had made the March 2011 prediction at the beginning, I hate to imagine how you all would have responded.
He was wrong most of the time, but it's not credible to believe the Marsh 2011 prediction would have been made when the speculation started. I'm not saying I agree with Trees pedantic nature (altohugh i find it humorous) but the bandwagon effect that goes on makes you all seem like children.
Indeed, Tree was right (when posting on the forum) more times than Oleg; it's not a fair comparison, but in respect of this topic it works.
However, he was quite far wrong with his last prediction, but we're all happy for it :D

House M.D.
01-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Please unban Tree, so we can hear him now!

nearmiss
01-19-2011, 08:20 PM
LOL

Can't do that, but he does post Simhq.com

Crane
01-19-2011, 09:21 PM
i think your wrong buddy, Tree posted back in 2009 a March 2011 release date.

See here

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9836&highlight=march+2011&page=7

Still keep him banned though. :grin:

Flying Pencil
01-19-2011, 09:31 PM
i think your wrong buddy, Tree posted back in 2009 a March 2011 release date.

See here

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=9836&highlight=march+2011&page=7

Still keep him banned though. :grin:

Didn't see that one!
Tree should have stuck with that and not make lol, not a chance. Its going to be late 2011 or early 2012 for sure.
;)

Anyway, glad the end is in sight!

philip.ed
01-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Ah yes, but debateably Tree got at least one prediction right, surely versus zero from Oleg publically? :-P
hehe, to me this means nothing, it's just slightly ironic.
And I am definately not trying to disrespect Oleg. i think this is amazing that Oleg is releasing the sim at this time; I'm sure he'd have preferred another year or more to reach a level they are happy with (if this is indeed possible).
Although, for arguments sake, I suppose Oleg never made any official statements regarding release dates. Wheren't they all given the pre-fix of 'I hope?'. Either way, I'm looking into it way too deeply.

winny
01-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Ah yes, but debateably Tree got at least one prediction right

If you make enough predictions then you get lucky. I'm pretty sure whatever date it was released there would be a thread somewhere where tree 'predicted' it... Early 2012 was my favourite.

Feathered_IV
01-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Post deleted

Bobb4
01-20-2011, 07:21 AM
Tree was banned? Anyone got a reason why, I mean I found his post very amusing :o

Robert
01-20-2011, 07:47 AM
If a Tree fails in a forum, does anyone hear it?

But does this seriously need to have it's own topic? Somehow, posting it seems just as trollish and childish as Tree was seen/thought to be.

Feathered_IV
01-20-2011, 07:58 AM
If a Tree fails in a forum, does anyone hear it?

But does this seriously need to have it's own topic? Somehow, posting it seems just as trollish and childish as Tree was seen/thought to be.

Take it to the Friday update thread perhaps?

Robert
01-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Take it to the Friday update thread perhaps?

LOL. No no no no no no no.

Crane
01-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Tree's ban was applied out of dislike for him rather than him breaking any forum rules, so he tells me, he could be lying though. :grin:

Robert
01-20-2011, 05:23 PM
I haven't read the terms and conditions of this forum. I'd assume there are certain requirements that we all should follow, and one would be not to cause or create a negative environment.

While I'm not happy that Tree's not here, I do believe there comes a time when a person stretches that 'environment' to it's limits, thus making the forums a place of contention instead of discourse and discussion.

There's no reason an unpaid moderator should baby sit adults and there's only so much that can be endured. IMO and much to my chagrin, Tree's ban was brought upon himself.

That being the case, I think it's poor form to create a topic like this just to rub in his date predictions et al - especially since he can't respond. I do believe he's a fan of the series and will gladly play CoD when it's released.

Hey, we're still talking about him. He must have made SOME impression here. ;)

Qpassa
01-20-2011, 05:26 PM
this thread is senseless, it's just for flame because you are speaking about someone who has been banned

Flying Pencil
01-20-2011, 07:34 PM
this thread is senseless, it's just for flame because you are speaking about someone who has been banned

Honestly did not know Tree was banned.

I was just tooting my horn I was right when everyone else was predicting late 2011, and Tree was the one who said it strongest.

Qpassa
01-20-2011, 07:53 PM

I was just tooting my horn I was right when everyone else was predicting late 2011, and Tree was the one who said it strongest.

oh ok, but I still think that this should be closed

leggit
01-20-2011, 08:03 PM

bud you really need to take a long walk in the fresh air.

Avimimus
01-20-2011, 08:53 PM
It is interesting - Tree was right several times before he was wrong (which he had to be eventually). It is kind of like nuclear annihilation (it doesn't happen most of the time, but when it does...)