PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an offline career or dynamic campaign or not?

Fearfactor
01-19-2011, 04:03 AM
I really need to know this and so will a lot of people. I won't buy it unless it has a very rich and atmospheric campaign career for offline flyers. I have heard rumors that the game is mostly geared towards the online crowd and won't have a campaign. Is this true? Some of us need to find out and quickly. So I can tell if I should pre-order it or not.

Why is there so much secrecy about this sim? Give us the details, Oleg, Thanks......

Foo'bar
01-19-2011, 05:44 AM
I have heard rumors that the game is mostly geared towards the online crowd and won't have a campaign. Is this true?

You should less hear to what people say but what UBI have written in the official announcement ;)

Chivas
01-19-2011, 08:24 AM
You should less hear to what people say but what UBI have written in the official announcement ;)

Makes you wonder, don't it. ;)

Fearfactor
01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I don't have hours to spend looking through official anouncements.

pupo162
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
you dont have the "hours" to read the one and only official ubisoft press realease??? you are a lazy sir......

LoBiSoMeM
01-19-2011, 04:24 PM
1C delivery to people planes to jump into cockpit with amazing detail, rich combat experience, great landscape detail, but some bunch will only buy this masterpiece if it's have "offline career mode"...

I'm a little bit tired of this kind of people. As a "whinner" about gameplay issues, I consider this kind of "gamey" approach to a MASSIVE work in software, research, etc, a big disrespect!

I will buy IL-2 : CoD even without a GUI! I can live if it's run with command line!

Some people just don't DESERVE IL-2 : CoD. Simple as that!

BigPickle
01-19-2011, 04:35 PM
LoBiSoMeM, (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/member.php?u=22294)every thread I have read today has you at last post killing the thread, whining about whiners, seriously mate.

People can whine and post cos they can and because they will, you should grow a thicker skin to it cos there's lots of whiners here.

Sven
01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
No need to scare people off here, yes in the one and only official word of IL2 Cliffs of Dover is clearly stated that there will be an offline campaign for both Axis and the RAF. If it's dynamic or not, I don't know. But IL2's campaign was also stamped as dynamic, so the term dynamic is very vague.

Matt255
01-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Actually, Ubi is still talking about RAF campaign/carreer only.
http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=9329

The announcement by 1C clarifies it.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18201

So he does have a point. Would probably help if that announcement topic would be moved into the Cliffs of Dover subforum. And it would also help if Ubi would update their announcement.

Fafnir_6
01-19-2011, 05:20 PM
1C delivery to people planes to jump into cockpit with amazing detail, rich combat experience, great landscape detail, but some bunch will only buy this masterpiece if it's have "offline career mode"...

I'm a little bit tired of this kind of people. As a "whinner" about gameplay issues, I consider this kind of "gamey" approach to a MASSIVE work in software, research, etc, a big disrespect!

I will buy IL-2 : CoD even without a GUI! I can live if it's run with command line!

Some people just don't DESERVE IL-2 : CoD. Simple as that!

I remember reading somewhere that the number of offline IL-2 users out there outnumber the online ones quite handily. It would be very foolish of 1C to not cater to the offline crowd, so the concerns regarding offline capabilities are important. It sounds to me like you are an online-only player of IL-2 and, quite frankly, you are missing out on the enormous potential of IL-2's offline component (DCG, user made add-ons, etc). Air quake gets tiresome after a while.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Codex
01-19-2011, 09:34 PM
I recall an article where Oleg stated there will be no dynamic campaign, static only. He said the dynamic campaign option would be taken care of by third party developers. Don't know if this has changed.

Chivas
01-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Actually, Ubi is still talking about RAF campaign/carreer only.
http://www.ubi.com/UK/Games/Info.aspx?pId=9329

The announcement by 1C clarifies it.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18201

So he does have a point. Would probably help if that announcement topic would be moved into the Cliffs of Dover subforum. And it would also help if Ubi would update their announcement.

Not really. He asked if there was a off line Campaign. There is a RAF campaign clearly stated in the announcement. It was unclear if there was a German campaign. Luthier later in the thread confirmed there is a German Campaign.

There has never been the suggestion that the new game would be on line only.

Chivas
01-19-2011, 10:53 PM
I recall an article where Oleg stated there will be no dynamic campaign, static only. He said the dynamic campaign option would be taken care of by third party developers. Don't know if this has changed.

Yes its unclear. It could be a dynamic campaign, but there would be no way for the Germans to win. A single player flying off-line couldn't win the war by himself anyway you look at it. I don't believe you can play as field marshall and change the missions in such a way where you could change the out come of the war.

Wolf_Rider
01-20-2011, 03:51 AM
Crikey.. the "I won't buy it unless ~ " crowd, really crack me up :lol: