PDA

View Full Version : Il-2 New Generation

Foo'bar
01-18-2011, 04:48 PM
What will be the critical distinctive feature of CoD and all its successors? What version number will it have?

BigC208
01-18-2011, 11:51 PM
They will have nicely modelled trains and station buildings at H0 scale. This will beat bombing my Fleishman trainset with Airfix models...;)

SlipBall
01-18-2011, 11:56 PM
I think animation...it will bring life to the environment.:grin:

speech, I think will add greatly to immersion aswell

Chivas
01-19-2011, 12:22 AM
"Triggers" and "AI" immediately comes to mind.

We know all factors like FM, DM, Aircraft and Cockpits will be better.

Taking off from an lively airfield, flying over believable terrain, thru believable clouds, action due to "triggers" when you fly away from the waypoints, and the capability of refueling, rearming on return to base.

ElAurens
01-19-2011, 12:40 AM
I suspect that the new sim will start with V 1.0, as it should.

For me it will be about the immersive environment, and the aircraft models.

I admit it, I'm a plane whore. I love aircraft. I didn't buy IL2 9+ years ago because I was a gamer. I bought it because WW2 aircraft are my favorite machines, of any kind, that were ever crafted by the hand of man.

Tempest123
01-19-2011, 01:19 AM
"Triggers" and "AI" immediately comes to mind.

We know all factors like FM, DM, Aircraft and Cockpits will be better.

Taking off from an lively airfield, flying over believable terrain, thru believable clouds, action due to "triggers" when you fly away from the waypoints, and the capability of refueling, rearming on return to base.

+1 Action due to triggers is in my opinion one the key things that makes an immersive sim.

Avimimus
01-19-2011, 01:48 AM
It will be Il-2 - but engineered with the experience of Il-2 and the expectation for the engine to be developed for over a decade. Il-2 perfected.

The fact is that there are a number of very unusual characteristics which have come into play to allow this to be developed. I'm expecting the masterwork of a Stradivarius.

Technology will advance - but I doubt it will capture the same monumental work we are seeing here.

Jaws2002
01-19-2011, 02:28 AM
I think they will start with version 1.0.
From what I've seen so far I'm most impressed by the natural lighting in COD.
All sims out there have some very visible corners cut when it comes to lighting. From the screenshots and few videos I've seen so far, CoD will sit way above everyone else in this respect.
Oleg being a professional photographer may have something to do with it. :grin:

Feathered_IV
01-19-2011, 02:59 AM
For me it will be a truly dynamic offline campaign experience. Not a string of random missions. Proper briefings, debriefings and kill claims. AI squadron mates with measurable personality, skills and behavior. Not just a generic photo hidden on a menu tab. Etc etc

Basically I want Cliffs of Dover to have the soul that Il-2 never quite achieved.

Foo'bar
01-19-2011, 05:04 AM
I suspect that the new sim will start with V 1.0, as it should.

And here I see the very problem. The name of the series keep Il-2 and so the CoD sequel should be version 5.0 or not?

Biggs [CV]
01-19-2011, 05:10 AM
And here I see the very problem. The name of the series keep Il-2 and so the CoD sequel should be version 5.0 or not?

COD may be 5th in the series, but when its released it will be version 1 of COD.

BP_Tailspin
01-19-2011, 05:22 AM
What will be the critical distinctive feature of CoD and all its successors? What version number will it have?

Its any ones guess but CoD4 Modern Warfare2 and CoD World at War are the currant versions, CoD Black Ops just launched a few months ago.

sorry but I couldn't resist,.

Heliocon
01-19-2011, 05:25 AM
Its any ones guess but CoD4 Modern Warfare2 and CoD World at War are the currant versions, CoD Black Ops just launched a few months ago.

LMAO, I wanted to say that but wouldnt dare :-P

I will look forward to MP missionsand campaigns in the future, although it is unlikely to reach the pure player count needed to implement it, but a BOB theatre map with a commander on each side who can send orders to players to for example, scamble to intercept incoming bombers etc would be increadible (kinda like a BF2 commander role). You would of course need many players but with a good clan system as some games have (EVE corporations would be the best kind of example of military command) it would be incredible. Nothing better than competing against or with a fellow player.

Chivas
01-19-2011, 05:29 AM

Then people will try installing COD over 4.10. ;)

Foo'bar
01-19-2011, 05:33 AM
When it will be version 1.0 then people will try to install the old patches over it. Confusion anyway.

SoW was the better choice.

ElAurens
01-19-2011, 12:06 PM

sorry but I couldn't resist,.

Thanks Tailspin!

BlitzPigs in top of the situation as usual!!!

Oink!!

David603
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
I think they will start with version 1.0.
From what I've seen so far I'm most impressed by the natural lighting in COD.
All sims out there have some very visible corners cut when it comes to lighting. From the screenshots and few videos I've seen so far, CoD will sit way above everyone else in this respect.
Oleg being a professional photographer may have something to do with it. :grin:
Yeah, got to agree about how good the lighting looks. Even good old Il2 is leagues above most other flight sims for lighting.