PDA

View Full Version : Thanks McQ..........

scottyvt4
01-15-2011, 06:09 PM
for the games last night smashing stuff, as documented sim aint my prefered level of play and the E3 seems to be the only aircraft i can fly and fly well in sim :oops:, esp as i still use the "realistic/normal" layout find the aviator one too fiddley and just annoys me when you go to shoot you accelerate and stuff lollol

appologies to anyone for seemingly "crashing" as ive been away and my, normally, sharp bailout :-P reactions are still absent.

:cool: Scotty :cool:

McQ59
01-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Hey bro, you are mostly welcome! There was a cpl of real good games last night. I think it was due to the fact that a lot of vets and aces was present. You did very well in that E3! I myself use the Thrustmaster. I wouldn't be able to keep nothing in the air with the gamepad!
Don't be a stranger Scotty. It's allways a pleasure and a privelige to fly with you mate!

scottyvt4
01-15-2011, 06:48 PM
i think i will need to get one lol, the control pad ive used since day one ..... and maybe at times thats why ive struggled.

Defo some great players, some ive seen post on here and being mention as great but never played against, so it was finally good to do so :)

love the lil E3 it might not be the fastest or manoeverable but i love it for some reason yet i never gave it looked at it in arcade or realistic, in sim it will be my weapon of choice i think :D lollol

in that last game where alot dropped out for some reason, where it ended up a 2v2 the match winning kill was good, the Hurricane was not following the golden rule on bop ...... never fly straight and level for more than 10secs :P lollol

i will bare that in mind good friend :D

McQ59
01-15-2011, 07:28 PM
E3 vs. Hurricane was historic :-)
I used the E3 a lot in realistic. Hell... I even won one of Ratmans crowded dogfights in it!
You really should try out the G2. It got a lot of the E3's caracteristics, and then a bit of speed in addition. That one to manouvres like a dream - and is bitch to catch up to. Roll it and twist it, and you are a hard target to hit. Full elevators, and the ailerons down a good four notches. A potensial killer.
Go for the Tmaster mate. It is plug&play. When you get used to it, it's as smooth as a bitchs' azz ,-)

scottyvt4
01-16-2011, 02:03 AM
aye a suppose it was :D ;)

now that is an honour i was always at the reciving end lollol

i love the spit though but it seems to be "out of favour with the sim mob ........... from what ive seen thus far, but thats not to say that its not used.

i will give it a try buddy i remember you flying it at the end of the realistic boom days :(!!!! I think i fly with the elevators slightly 2 from the top and bout half way with the ailerons half lol pretty much the same with all the aircraft i use, the russian i play with slightly higher.

i will have a look at the t'master defo :) if i could be ass'ed i would custom a the contol pad but there are too many buttons to program in lollol :)

Robotic Pope
01-16-2011, 03:23 AM
Just wondering, why do you lower your aileron sensitivity? I would think having the ailerons at half would pretty much cripple any planes roll rate. Its not like the plane stalls if you roll too hard. Roll rate is the most important thing when it comes to manuverbility so you want to be able to roll as fast as possible.

scottyvt4
01-16-2011, 05:54 PM
lol possibly got them round the wrong way pope im terrible for that :/ appologies for any confuddeling :oops:

scottyvt4
01-27-2011, 08:09 PM
sorry for the bump ..............

pope ............... i dont know my arse from my elbow lollol

the control surfaces is pretty much what i use on every aircraft, some the elevators are more like some of the russian planes and some less like the P51 untill i get used to it then i incease it!!!!! used to play it with just over half with the ailerons and the elevators 2-4 off the bottom lollol :oops:

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/scottyvtr/ps3%20pics/001-1.png

my current control layout - all levels

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/scottyvtr/ps3%20pics/002-1.png

McQ59
01-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Check this out Scotty. The guy has really put a tremendous effort in testing out the planes, settings, turn-radius and you name it...

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=10262

It's really helpfull!

Robotic Pope
01-28-2011, 12:33 AM
sorry for the bump ..............

pope ............... i dont know my arse from my elbow lollol

the control surfaces is pretty much what i use on every aircraft, some the elevators are more like some of the russian planes and some less like the P51 untill i get used to it then i incease it!!!!! used to play it with just over half with the ailerons and the elevators 2-4 off the bottom lollol :oops:

http://i602.photobucket.com/albums/tt104/scottyvtr/ps3%20pics/001-1.png

Yeah this is a decent setup for a Hurricane, I153 or both Mustangs in realistic and sim. For an La.5, La.7 and bf109 though you will have much slower turn rates. Fly an La5 with your settings and then try maxing both the ailerons and elevators. You will be amazed at the difference.
I fly the 109s and yaks at a couple of notches down from max elevator and the spitfires and Fw190s at about 3/4 of max elevator.

scottyvt4
01-28-2011, 08:36 PM
McQ ...........................epic thanks again good buddy :D

i will try it pope thanks very much , ive noticed that the E3 is/can be twichy on the setting above, i normally fly Spits mk ii ix, 109 E3,G2(not often) + 6, mustang p51 D5(not often), Yak 3 + hurri but again not often :D

McQ59
01-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Your all wellcome scotty. There's a singel sheet there with his recomended elevatorsettings for each plane. I'd say you give it a go, and then adjust according to your own preferences. I myself have adjusted his recommendations up a click or two.
When it comes to the 109 E3 and G2 I fly them with full all. You just have to use full throttle all the way :-)