PDA

View Full Version : Cliffs of Dover on eurogamer.net release list

addman
01-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Eurogamer has been my go-to gaming site for 10 years and I've been skimming the release list almost every week to see if there were any info on CoD release. Lo and behold! it popped up today http://www.eurogamer.net/releases.php?platform=pc

Flying Pencil
01-14-2011, 05:46 PM
March 23?

COOL! :D

kristorf
01-14-2011, 05:48 PM
From todays Dev update

"Hi folks,
First of all I would like to say about incorrect information of release date and image of package, leaked by some way yesterday: Official press release (announce) probably will happens on the next week.
About current version progress: shots are done using pre-holidays version. Team is working over the new version. More news - next week".

addman
01-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Sure is! I've always found eurogamer to be reliable so I don't doubt it for a second. It could still be delayed though but I don't think so.

JG52Uther
01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
No publisher listed though.I bet they have just picked up the info from forums such as this.

Flying Pencil
01-14-2011, 06:46 PM
From todays Dev update

"Hi folks,
First of all I would like to say about incorrect information of release date and image of package, leaked by some way yesterday: Official press release (announce) probably will happens on the next week.
About current version progress: shots are done using pre-holidays version. Team is working over the new version. More news - next week".

I think Oleg let it slip out, the official package.
Date is uncertain, but cannot be too long.

Good timing. If the announcement was before the Verizon iPhone, no one would pay attention! ;) :D :D :D

lbuchele
01-14-2011, 07:05 PM
It's true we already are three month away from the original date (september, right?)
March will be six month delay in Oleg's original bet.
Can't be too much longer.(fingers crossed)

swiss
01-15-2011, 05:57 AM
From todays Dev update

"Hi folks,

So not even the RC (release candidate) is ready yet?
March is so dead.
If everything went perfect they could try to aim for June - but I would guess rather late summer.

You can unban Tree. ;)

BadAim
01-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Why is a March release so unrealistic these days? It's not like they have to burn millions of disks. Probably 100,000 would be fine for the initial release, as they are likely to push electronic distribution anyway. How long will it take a modern facility to burn 100,000 disks?

This is only speculation on my part, but I just don't see why it has to take so long to get the finished game out (assuming it can actually be finished in the allotted time). It's not like there is going to be any extended PR campaign, there never has been for Oleg's work. We're going to be the PR guys for this game just like we were for IL2, a role I'm just fine with. I get a large part of my business by WOM, it's a time honored principal.

IceFire
01-15-2011, 03:01 PM
It takes two two three weeks from gold master to full production most of the time. That's sort of been the standard for years now. March is a possibility assuming they go gold in the middle of February. That means that the game has to be feature complete and in Q&A hands very soon.

yellonet
01-15-2011, 03:09 PM
Why is a March release so unrealistic these days? It's not like they have to burn millions of disks. Probably 100,000 would be fine for the initial release, as they are likely to push electronic distribution anyway. How long will it take a modern facility to burn 100,000 disks?

This is only speculation on my part, but I just don't see why it has to take so long to get the finished game out (assuming it can actually be finished in the allotted time). It's not like there is going to be any extended PR campaign, there never has been for Oleg's work. We're going to be the PR guys for this game just like we were for IL2, a role I'm just fine with. I get a large part of my business by WOM, it's a time honored principal.They don't "burn" disks, they press them.
Anyway, the media isn't what is in question, it's the program, if it hasn't reached RC yet, odds are that there a quite a bit of bug squashing left and that takes time.
Do we even know if the game is in alpha or beta stage?

The Kraken
01-15-2011, 03:23 PM
For better or worse, when using Steam they can simply burn "something" onto the discs and keep on developing until the official release date. Wouldn't be the first title requiring a 1GB+ download after initial installation :-P

T}{OR
01-15-2011, 03:36 PM
For better or worse, when using Steam they can simply burn "something" onto the discs and keep on developing until the official release date. Wouldn't be the first title requiring a 1GB+ download after initial installation :-P

I sincerely hope IL2:CoD will not be like that. Oleg has stated that this is his intention as well.

There are more than enough unfinished titles out there.

The Kraken
01-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Same here but with Ubi in charge of the release date you never know. Oleg has a good history when it comes to finished releases - for Ubi itself it's a mixed bag, and especially sims have been shoved out of the door regardless of state. Oh well let's see how it turns out...

swiss
01-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Do we even know if the game is in alpha or beta stage?

closed beta.

Triggaaar
01-15-2011, 07:18 PM
If everything went perfect they could try to aim for June - but I would guess rather late summer.

You can unban Tree. ;)Tree said not in 2011, which looked like a terrible prediction when he made it, and it now looks worse.

JG52Uther
01-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Hilarious that Tree got himself banned just as this news leaked lol!

Hecke
01-15-2011, 08:15 PM
not a big problem to read in other forums or make a new account here ;)

SlipBall
01-15-2011, 08:16 PM
He also maintains, that because of the name change, he does not have to eat his shorts...I miss his posts, when is the ban over?

swiss
01-15-2011, 08:32 PM
he does not have to eat his shorts...

Right, But Zappa-, or was it zacha-something, is due for a shorts dinner. :grin:

Richie
01-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I hope he's back soon. I have nice blood pressure so a boost won't hurt me.