PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Ordered Storm of War

rivalsavages
01-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Today I found my Pre-Order of Storm of War with Play.com has mysteriously disappeared from my account after placing it in June 2009 for the princely sum of £17.99.

Looks like I will be buying it from elsewhere and I would urge any of you guys with similar orders to check it out. I have sent an email to Play explaining the change of name, but surely that shouldn't be too much for them to have noticed, given it's still Ubisoft they are doing business with?

rivalsavages
01-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Doh!

"We are contacting you regarding your current outstanding order for: IL2: Storm Of War - Battle Of Britain
We have been advised that this item has been removed from sale and unfortunately we are unable to fulfil your order. Please be assured that you have not been charged and your outstanding order has now been cancelled.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.
Kind Regards
Play.com"

Triggaaar
01-14-2011, 07:41 PM
I heard they had done this with other pre-orders, which makes pre-ordering a waste of time. So I cancelled my order with Play a couple of weeks ago.

Qpassa
01-14-2011, 08:19 PM

rivalsavages
01-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Hey sorry Qpassa, didn't mean my post to be received as an exercise in trolling, but it seems that's what your humorous You Tube reply implies you think it is. For the record, I am as much of an afficionado of the IL-2 series as anyone else here, pledged money nearly two years in advance to support this product and just wanted to let others in a similar situation aware of Play's policy.

Don't know your age but I would bet I have as many years as you under my belt as an aviation fan. 'Senior Member' may imply something else entirely, but I am not averse to having a laugh! I will still be buying Cliffs of Dover, but after receiving your possibly tongue in cheek reply, would a novice on this forum bother posting again?

yellonet
01-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Hey sorry Qpassa, didn't mean my post to be received as an exercise in trolling, but it seems that's what your humorous You Tube reply implies you think it is. For the record, I am as much of an afficionado of the IL-2 series as anyone else here, pledged money nearly two years in advance to support this product and just wanted to let others in a similar situation aware of Play's policy.

Don't know your age but I would bet I have as many years as you under my belt as an aviation fan. 'Senior Member' may imply something else entirely, but I am not averse to having a laugh! I will still be buying Cliffs of Dover, but after receiving your possibly tongue in cheek reply, would a novice on this forum bother posting again?
Don't judge the forum based on one person's response :)

I'd say that's a pretty immature response there Qpassa...

JG52Uther
01-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Its probably cancelled because its not called 'Storm of War' anymore,and I highly doubt the new title will come with a price tag of £17.99!

Qpassa
01-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Senior member is given by the amount of post you write. Sorry if I offended you. What I find so funny is that the leakage of COD and cancel your pre-order makes current moment in a confusing moment, because we doesn't know is happening certainly until next week. I feel that we are in Oleg hands until next week and I dont like the sensation

Chivas
01-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Senior member is given by the amount of post you write. Sorry if I offended you. What I find so funny is that the leakage of COD and cancel your pre-order makes current moment in a confusing moment, because we doesn't know is happening certainly until next week. I feel that we are in Oleg hands until next week and I dont like the sensation

I wish we were in Olegs hands, but unfortunately its the publisher who is pulling strings especially at this point in the development.

If it were Oleg's decision we would know alot more by know.

rivalsavages
01-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Well whatever it eventually costs, I am certain it will be worth it for the many hours, months and years we will be enjoying it. I am reminded of the campaign in the mid nineties to get the cost of a CD down and the record companies insisting their pricing reflected the many hours' enjoyment to be gained. In the case of COD I have no doubt this is true. Thank You Qpassa for your comment and I am certain whatever Oleg's news is, we will continue to support him and remain equal and supportive parts of this fantastic community!

hiro
01-17-2011, 03:58 AM
Being in Olegs hands is pretty good, after the IL-2 incident.

I was really happy about COD being released like BLack ops with the RC models, but bummed mine was cancelled too. My cancellation email support rep even included her name, April Fulls, and apologized alot.