PDA

View Full Version : Is Disciples 3: Renaissance better?

Hento
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Can someone tell me who played both games if Disciples 3:Renaissance is better than King's Bounty series.

I presume visuals are better but is the animation, tactical depth, character development, unit variety, quests also better?

Also, does the company who made King's Bounty series plan a sequel or is it already in works, with hugely updated graphics and animation, because they sure know how to make superb games.

I assume the sales were more than adequate to warrant a sequel..

Elwin
01-04-2011, 05:56 PM
I recently bought d3 but didnt played it yet .. but i think it wil not be better .. they brought nothing new ... same units as in D2 (actully even 3 oout of 5 races so its kinda step backwards ...).. just they changed the battlefield to movable .. i feel D3 is like Homm IV was ...
There is no plan on sequel atm, developers are working on new MMORPG

Hento
01-04-2011, 07:32 PM
There is no plan on sequel atm, developers are working on new MMORPG

That's horrible!

DGDobrev
01-05-2011, 06:51 AM
I'd venture to say that Disciples 3 is terrible.

The only thing I enjoyed about the game were the graphics. The camera moves freely both in and out of combat, the world is well-drawn and well-made. But this is where all the good news about the game actually end.

The bad news:
1. Out of the box version had a swarm of bugs. Most of them have been corrected, but there are still a number of bugs that persist.
2. Winning battles was easy as pie, even on the highest difficulties - control the focus points (double damage) = win the battle. No challenge at all.
3. With good items you can destroy a capital with low-level troops. Capitals are also much, much easier to capture than Disc2.
4. AI rod planters could pass through enemies, capturing resources (might have been fixed). This puts you at a terrible disadvantage - you may well encounter a well built and leveled up army at your gates while you're still eeking a meager living trying to beat some nearby resource guardians.
5. 3 races, more to be added in the expansion. Nice. We have to pay for extra races as well :)

I can go on, but I think that pretty much covers it. KB has much better gameplay and the battles are much more decisive than Disc3.

Mandea
01-05-2011, 07:38 AM
I concur with DGD, however I didn't encounter any serious bugs, but rather minor ones.
KB is way above D3. I heard they released an add-on for D3 but I think it's in russian. I would love to play the dwarves.

There is no plan at this moment regarding a KB2 but given its huge succes I think it's only a matter of time before they will announce one, allthough this will likely happen after launching their MMORPG so....we're going to have to wait.

BB Shockwave
01-22-2011, 06:59 PM
I played D1 and D2, thougg didn't really like either. But D3... it is terrible. Played it for a few days before uninstalling.

Gameplay is buggy and unbalanced - for example, when playing with the Legions, you can use witches to paralyze enemies every round. That's it... 100% chance of success, unlike in earlier games. If they have resistances, they might evade it, but it's incredibly easy to take out the heavy hitters that way.

Not to mention how the game doesn't even explain or provide a hint at about the special abilities of the units... you have to figure them out with trial-and-error. And the darn focus points can make or break a battle, and they are placed randomly. Not to mention, the terrain capture? It's BAD. You have to wait a horribly long time for the ground to change to your faction's even to capture a mine next to your doorstep, and there is no longer an option to plant a flag there.

Mind you, I always hated that you couldn't destroy enemy capitals before, to stop the feeble attempts of weak enemy heroes harassing you every 2 weeks. So that was a nice change. But the main problem of Disciples still remains - XP gain. You have to train up your units fast, or you are dead. You can only do that with combat... but while your units are weak, you can only attack weak enemies. But, your AI opponents get levelled-up units on day1, and will attack you straight. Same goes backwards, too - once you killed off the levelled-up units of the enemy, he is stuck, as he cannot recruit levelled-up units, and has to attack with the basic units, who don't stand a chance against you. This made the games boring for me after a while... you just had to create a core army with one hero, train them up and then mop up the opposition. Then, you were free to roam the field and battle neutrals, train more troops, etc. Quite boring after the third map.