PDA

View Full Version : Differences list between Armored Princess and Crossworlds?

Vilk
01-03-2011, 06:19 AM
I wonder what is the exact list of differences between the original AP campaign and this same Campaign played in Crossworlds?

I understand the question could looks silly, but my problem is that I have AP in my native language and it seems Crossworlds will never be released in my native language. So for a first play I'm looking to play AP. But I'm not sure if I lost a lot for this original campaign.

For example:

New units: Ok but how many, which one and what they worth?
13 New spells: Ok but what spells? When they become available in the campaign?
50 new abilities and skills: That seems huge how is this even possible? Skills trees aren't already almost full?
13 new spells: Is there a list and description?
Are all those new features available in the AP campaign or some through the two other campaigns only?
70 new items and 8 new sets: Well again that seems huge, is this really change the gameplay of the original campaign?
7 New quests: After the original final or before? And if before how the additional xp provided is managed?

All in all I wonder if I'll make a burden to play Armored Princess without Crossworlds or not. And no need try sell me any I already have them all. :)

ckdamascus
01-04-2011, 06:31 AM
I wonder what is the exact list of differences between the original AP campaign and this same Campaign played in Crossworlds?

I understand the question could looks silly, but my problem is that I have AP in my native language and it seems Crossworlds will never be released in my native language. So for a first play I'm looking to play AP. But I'm not sure if I lost a lot for this original campaign.

For example:

50 new abilities and skills: That seems huge how is this even possible? Skills trees aren't already almost full?
Are all those new features available in the AP campaign or some through the two other campaigns only?
70 new items and 8 new sets: Well again that seems huge, is this really change the gameplay of the original campaign?
7 New quests: After the original final or before? And if before how the additional xp provided is managed?

All in all I wonder if I'll make a burden to play Armored Princess without Crossworlds or not. And no need try sell me any I already have them all. :)

There are some other threads here that tell you more info, but I will try to summarize.

Rune Mage - all in one super mage. If you keep unused runes around, you can randomly disable enemies, have high HP, level 5, can summon too.

Faun - great new unit for elf, can resurrect and is an archer.

Orc gets a lot of new units some are, Goblin Shaman, Blood Shaman, Orc Chieftain. All the orc units have revised/improved abilities using Adrenaline.

Spells - most are the old King's Bounty Legend "Super Sprits of Rage" turned into spells. They are usually found by beating Quests.

New Spell and Ability, they lumped both the new Orc abilities with the skill tree. There is only one new skill PER class.

Some skills are available at different times for the two different campaigns. The primary Orc campaign is basically Armored Princess with new items, new spell revisions, and orc is revamped. The unit and item distribution is much better for smoother game play.

A few more quests, nothing too out of the ordinary. A nifty new Wizard tower, a new Hero, etc.

If you are a very hard core player, you will notice the differences really make somewhat of a new game. Different tactics can work now and you will find yourself replaying it to see what new strategies are available.

If you are more moderate/casual player, you will probaby say "what the! this is the same game again with just a few short bonus campaigns!"

Elwin
01-05-2011, 02:40 PM

For example:

so shortly to guve you briefieng - quest in Cw are sidequests during campaign, u can even skip them.
50 new abilities - its confusing but it refers to unit abilities, from skill tree each tree recieves one new. Or not quite new. Mage gets archmage skill back from legend. Paladin has a skill who have chance to half damage taken, and wariror smg about contraatack.

New spells - 90% of them are rage spiritskilll from legend. There was time back in AP .. now they are all in CW .. gizzmo iceball, piranhas, glot armor,soul drain, ice thorn and more

i am half harcore player, and my impressions are - this is the same game. Never finished CW .. actualy stopped when i had only ktahu ball and scrounger left ;p

Also some units have benn changed a little hardly can list that all. I can only say ancient phoenix rox ;p

From nw units : rune mage can ressurect anyone, faun can resurect plants,
Most of units didnt took my attention the only one i love is an engineer - guy can summon droids, repair them,and have aoe blind grenade. awesome support unit. Combined with my droids its so damn powerfull. Only Zilgadis could take them down since they are vulnurable to magic ... but then i brought crown with +50% magic resist.

Orcs have been boosted greatly, thy are damn strong now, and astral damage dealing goblin and bloodshamans ado insane damage.

ckdamascus
01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
so shortly to guve you briefieng - quest in Cw are sidequests during campaign, u can even skip them.
50 new abilities - its confusing but it refers to unit abilities, from skill tree each tree recieves one new. Or not quite new. Mage gets archmage skill back from legend. Paladin has a skill who have chance to half damage taken, and wariror smg about contraatack.

New spells - 90% of them are rage spiritskilll from legend. There was time back in AP .. now they are all in CW .. gizzmo iceball, piranhas, glot armor,soul drain, ice thorn and more

i am half harcore player, and my impressions are - this is the same game. Never finished CW .. actualy stopped when i had only ktahu ball and scrounger left ;p

Also some units have benn changed a little hardly can list that all. I can only say ancient phoenix rox ;p

From nw units : rune mage can ressurect anyone, faun can resurect plants,
Most of units didnt took my attention the only one i love is an engineer - guy can summon droids, repair them,and have aoe blind grenade. awesome support unit. Combined with my droids its so damn powerfull. Only Zilgadis could take them down since they are vulnurable to magic ... but then i brought crown with +50% magic resist.

Orcs have been boosted greatly, thy are damn strong now, and astral damage dealing goblin and bloodshamans ado insane damage.

Awww, you are hardcore!

The new 1.3.1 patch makes the Dragon of Chaos... AWESOME.