muffinmn100
12-29-2010, 06:57 AM
25 February 2011 according to Play.com :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

"IL2: Storm Of War - Battle Of Britain
( Not yet rated ) |Write a review »
£26.99 Free Delivery
RRP: £34.99 | You save: £8.00 (22%)
Pre-order. | Due for release on 25 February 2011"

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1021002/Storm-Of-War-Battle-Of-Britain/Product.html

Letum
12-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Play.com's release dates are usually fiction.

Tree_UK
12-29-2010, 07:58 AM
lol, not a chance. Its going to be late 2011 or early 2012 for sure.

Dano
12-29-2010, 09:27 AM
lol, not a chance. Its going to be late 2011 or early 2012 for sure.

Ahhhh ;)

TeeJay82
12-29-2010, 09:58 AM
I dont understand why oleg dont do as matt wagner... let his hardcore fans pre purchase and beta test

The Kraken
12-29-2010, 10:46 AM
I dont understand why oleg dont do as matt wagner... let his hardcore fans pre purchase and beta test

May be as simple as publisher contracts preventing this, and the issue of handling a huge number of bug reports/feature requests/complaints that can be expected.

JG53Frankyboy
12-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Is here still someone beleving on the easter Bunny ?? :D

Sven
12-29-2010, 12:30 PM
We've already had this party in the past muffinmn100, and as Tree says, no chance at all.

I do not believe in the easter bunny but I do believe in his chocolate bunnies :grin::grin:

Skoshi Tiger
12-29-2010, 12:54 PM
LOL! For the last 2 years(?) Tree has been right with his predictions. When he getsd it wrong he will have a 99 to 1 success rate!!!!!

JG52Krupi
12-29-2010, 01:25 PM
LOL! For the last 2 years(?) Tree has been right with his predictions. When he getsd it wrong he will have a 99 to 1 success rate!!!!!

You say prediction I think its more like Trees pessimism...

His apparent knowledge of the release date has turned into him into a bit of a bighead on these forums and have lead to ridiculous threads like this one

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17850

why doesn't he just STFU and wait quietly like most other ppl.

Tree_UK
12-29-2010, 01:55 PM
why doesn't he just STFU and wait quietly like most other ppl.

With respect krupi, i am only asking the questions that most here would like an answer to, if the moderators ask me not to then I will comply. I have not turned into a bighead at all, I would love to be completely wrong about my release date thoughts and happily take the flak whilst we are all enjoying the fruits of Olegs work.

JG52Krupi
12-29-2010, 02:00 PM
What I don't understand is what makes you think that Oleg will tell you privileged information such as the release date?

Threads similar to yours have never had a reply from Oleg...

Tree_UK
12-29-2010, 02:05 PM
What I don't understand is what makes you think that Oleg will tell you privileged information such as the release date?

Threads similar to yours have never had a reply from Oleg...

He wont just be telling me krupi, he will be telling all of us, Im merely asking the question, obviously Oleg believed last year that he would release in september/October 2010 and he stated as much, asking him why this didn't happen or if he has a new date in mind is neither disruptive or disrespectful in my view. i dont want to fall out with you Krupi I know your a good chap, have a good new year my friend.:grin:

JG52Krupi
12-29-2010, 02:08 PM
He wont just be telling me krupi, he will be telling all of us, Im merely asking the question, obviously Oleg believed last year that he would release in september/October 2010 and he stated as much, asking him why this didn't happen or if he has a new date in mind is neither disruptive or disrespectful in my view. i dont want to fall out with you Krupi I know your a good chap, have a good new year my friend.:grin:

Fair enough Tree I meant no disrespect, im sure that when Oleg and Co are ready they will tell us.

I wish you a good new year as well.

Tree_UK
12-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Fair enough Tree I meant no disrespect, im sure that when Oleg and Co are ready they will tell us.

<shakes Krupi's hand>

Majo
12-29-2010, 03:40 PM
After the release of patch 4.10 I cannot think of any other relevant information but the one related to the release of SoW.

If this question can or cannot, wanna or dontwanna, be answered by the people requested is another relevant information.

Salutes.

merlin1
12-29-2010, 03:57 PM

£26.99 Free Delivery

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/1021002/Storm-Of-War-Battle-Of-Britain/Product.html

If Oleg succeed to do this until this time, I will pay directly to him 2oo Eur for one copy, just he must tell on which account.:lol:

addman
12-29-2010, 04:17 PM
I have a feeling that the game is all but finished BUT there might be some issues with the publisher OR even a lack of such. You see, a lot has changed in the interactive entertainment industry the last 5 years. Games are becoming more and more accessible and both cheaper/costly to buy/develop. Big budget online shooters and small budget independent games on mobile platforms are the name of the game these days. It's all about reaching as many people as possible. Back in the day, flight simulators were common on MANY PC gamers harddrives not just the hardcore simmers, that's not the case anymore.

Now let's say you are a publisher, would you bet your money on something relatively un-accessible and niché like SoW that's been in development for ages OR put your chips on an online-based shooter that has much lower R&D costs (fictional guns doesn't require a lot of research) coupled with easy accessibility, tons of micro-transaction DLC content to follow and a development time of MAX 3 years?

I love speculating and my speculation is A: Oleg and team have signed a deal with a publisher but there are major disagreements or B: They have no publisher at the moment.

I think the lack of a release date might support this theory to a degree since many game developers with signed publishers give out a release date sometimes even up to 3 years before it's released.

As mentioned above, love speculating but also that's all it is, speculations ;)

nearmiss
12-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Tree is an amusing fellow. Always the same content worded differently.

The funny part is...he continues to attract the unwary thereby keeping the release date drivel alive.

swiss
12-29-2010, 05:04 PM
I love speculating and my speculation is A: Oleg and team have signed a deal with a publisher but there are major disagreements or B: They have no publisher at the moment.

Oleg confirmed they have a publisher, so it's A.
Now, if you change disagreement to major software bugs, you should be spot on. ;)

Splitter
12-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Anything said is pure speculation. It might be that only Oleg has a decent idea of the release date. February sounds too soon, there is no dedicated website for the game that I have seen. Late 2011 sounds too late given that SoW development is a resource and money drain on someone.

We saw a rather "flyable" version of SoW at the Russian show. That says that most of the programming is done and they are optimizing and doing finishing touches (which will continue through release anyway). My PURE guess is mid 2011.

The present "delays" probably do have a lot to do with the publisher. They have their own priorities too.

My question is, "why have a publisher". At least a big name publisher? Since this is a niche game, a small publisher may be a much better option in that it will take less of the profit away from Oleg. Or they could self publish or create their own little company to do it and keep a much larger percentage of the profit.

Plus, look at the console and hand held apps market. I know that another flight sim is making most of its' profits off of hand held apps. And that developer has also announced a delay in their new release. I could see SoW having some sort of handheld app released in conjunction with or shortly after the PC game is released.

Lots of stuff comes up at the end, after development is mostly done. I've been through it on a specialized bit of software and this time is the most tense and anxious.

I could also see a number of pre-release reviews getting published. when we see those along with a web site, we'll be close.....I think. But what do any of us know? lol

So let's hope the optimists are right!

Splitter

addman
12-29-2010, 06:02 PM
So let's hope the optimists are right!

+1

Chivas
12-29-2010, 06:08 PM

Actually so far he has a zero percentage success rate. He said the sim wouldn't come out until 2009 and he was wrong. He also said it wouldn't come out until 2010 and he was wrong. I do think he will be right about 2011, but wrong about 2012. He has got get it right once, but that doesn't make him well informed. LOL

nearmiss
12-29-2010, 06:24 PM
I think if we had a prognostication of 2011 that might be spot on. LOL

JG52Krupi
12-29-2010, 06:31 PM
I think if we had a prognostication of 2011 that might be spot on. LOL

Could you give us your prognostication date nearmiss ;)

Tree_UK
12-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Actually so far he has a zero percentage success rate. He said the sim wouldn't come out until 2009 and he was wrong. He also said it wouldn't come out until 2010 and he was wrong. I do think he will be right about 2011, but wrong about 2012. He has got get it right once, but that doesn't make him well informed. LOL

My predications have been far better than Olegs and hes better informed than I am.

swiss
12-29-2010, 07:04 PM
this seems to be a relatively new interview:
http://translate.google.ch/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fspread-wings.ru%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26task %3Dview%26id%3D364%26Itemid%3D42&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

-Oleg, with the last of our conversation with you was 10 months. At that point, you're talking about roughly 60 per cent readiness "Battle of Britain". What is that percentage today?

-It is difficult to say how much this percentage. Beta version, which we are preparing to leave, means that all functionality works remain mere improvements. -It is difficult to say how much this percentage. Beta version, which we are preparing to leave, means that all functionality works remain mere improvements.

Beta? So our Aussie member could be right about already having one.

TheGrunch
12-29-2010, 07:26 PM
My predications have been far better than Olegs and hes better informed than I am.

:lol: True.

Flying Pencil
12-29-2010, 07:28 PM

£26.99 Free Delivery

Company is getting a feel for how much to order.

1. I predict early March, make that sometime in March.
2. Expect a update to D/L

swiss
12-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Company is getting a feel for how much to order.

1. I predict early March, make that sometime in March.
2. Expect a update to D/L

Wanna bet on it?

Qpassa
12-29-2010, 09:24 PM
2012, after Maya's Calendar end :D

Coen020
12-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Anything said is pure speculation. It might be that only Oleg has a decent idea of the release date. February sounds too soon, there is no dedicated website for the game that I have seen. Late 2011 sounds too late given that SoW development is a resource and money drain on someone.
Splitter

I'm not quite sure about this, but Wings of Prey/Birds of Prey was build on the IL-2 engine right? Which is build by Oleg and team, so maybe they get some of the profits from WOP/BOP?

that could explain some of the reason why they can keep working on this sim so long without going bankrupt or anything.

OR they are being funded by the russian goverment, lol BOB being the SUPER SECRET PROJECT X or something :P it's the cold war all over again.

http://news.kremlin.ru/media/events/photos/big/41d2f663cc00b47079f8.jpeg

proton45
12-29-2010, 10:03 PM

"Right" about what???

Their has never been an official release date...so where's the mystery with repeating the facts? I can do that...watch.

Everyone says the game will be released tomorrow...YOU KNOW who you are!!!!

I say it will NOT be out tomorrow!!!! 24 hours from NOW I will be "right"!!!! And you all will be wrong!!! I win...

lol...

Flying Pencil
12-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Wanna bet on it?

What part? :)

Chivas
12-29-2010, 10:55 PM

Nope, you've been wrong just about the same amount as Oleg. Eventually both of you should be right once.

swiss
12-29-2010, 11:45 PM
What part? :)

release not before May f.i.

Feathered_IV
12-30-2010, 02:18 AM

:razz:

Don't let them get to you Tree. ;)

Tree_UK
12-30-2010, 09:28 AM
:razz:

Don't let them get to you Tree. ;)

They already have buddy, I better lay low for a bit, Im on the verge of a lifetime ban apparently. :(

SlipBall
12-30-2010, 11:02 AM
They already have buddy, I better lay low for a bit, Im on the verge of a lifetime ban apparently. :(

In that pic above, Oleg is pointing to one of your posts.:grin:

Feathered_IV
12-30-2010, 12:55 PM

Presumably your blood on the sacrificial altar is reckoned to hasten SoW's release in some way.

JG52Uther
12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
They don't like uncomfortable questions around here... ;)

Dano
12-30-2010, 04:41 PM

What for? having an opinion? that's mad.

Tree_UK
12-30-2010, 05:41 PM
To be fair to the mods they have said its not the questions its the amount of complaints that they recieve about my posts, apparently im the most complained about person ever, and should have been banned a long while ago, so at least the mods have cut me some slack i just have to make sure i post some OOOhhhs and AAAhhhs in the next set of screenshots to get back in the good books.

Happy New Year all :grin:

Skarphol
12-30-2010, 08:03 PM
...apparently im the most complained about person ever,...

I take it you are married, then.
Women tend to nag about their husbands..

Happy New Year, Tree, I'm really hoping your predictions are wrong this time.
I've been hoping that since 2008..

Skarphol

Tree_UK
12-31-2010, 08:59 AM
I take it you are married, then.
Women tend to nag about their husbands..

Happy New Year, Tree, I'm really hoping your predictions are wrong this time.
I've been hoping that since 2008..

Skarphol

Me too matey, happy new year.

whatnot
12-31-2010, 09:35 AM

I did that for DCS and can't even run the damn game despite being already Beta 5.. index errors and whatever all over. The experience has really spoiled the A-10 wait on my behalf.

I prefer to wait for the final release whenever it's ready. If we're looking at end of Q2 2011 or later release I'm curious what's Oleg's motivation of giving any 'Were very very close' etc messages at all as his ability to predict release dates is about as bad as it comes in the gaming industry.

False hope is a terrible thing and makes the wait even tougher. I'm happy with friday updates and the dialog with development team and then come up with a date when you got the package wrapped in plastic in your hands ready to be shipped to stores.

I still however hope that the I'm proven wrong and that our understanding of 'very close' is similar and we'll see the release in Q1. :-P

Chivas
12-31-2010, 07:08 PM
Oleg was just one of us, a combat flight simmer, not a big development firm. He thought he could do a better job and brought us along for the ride. There would have been many days he wished he never bothered, as there is a vocal few who will never understand the amount of work involved. But he has a very thick skin.

Flying Pencil
01-04-2011, 06:34 PM
release not before May f.i.

Their is a very good indications it will be release 1H 2011.

1. Oleg said it was released to publishers in October.
2. A lot of stills and movies show a very advanced state of completion.
3. industry is "release Beta now, and let the user D/L the patch when they install." (It has become SOP).
4. Expect a run of yearly expansions, for $60+ each. Sooner the start, sooner the $$$$ comes in.

and biggest reason:
5. 70th BoB was in 2 half 2010, and it is not too late to take advantage of the festivities.

Bonus:
That big private showing a couple of weeks ago.

Predict
25% chance released Feb 26
51% by April 1
100% in 1st Half 2011

Feathered_IV
01-05-2011, 01:30 AM
I admire your positive attitude ;)

I'd advise you not to expect anything in the Feb-April region though. At best case, mid year is the best one might hope for.

Skoshi Tiger
01-05-2011, 03:17 AM
Its Obvious isn't it?

Every one knows that Easter is the traditional time to release combat flight sim!

Now we just need to know if it's the Western Easter or the Russian Orthodox Easter!

Cheers! ;)

Tree_UK
01-05-2011, 07:18 AM
If it was going to be released in the first part of this year then the marketing process would have already started, there is no way Oleg is going to finish this game and put a post up in here saying 'Ok guys its in the shops now', We will be given a release date, a dedicated website will appear, and interviews and pre release reviews will happen. Until we see any of these things then SOW is still in development.

merlin1
01-05-2011, 07:58 AM
If it was going to be released in the first part of this year then the marketing process would have already started, there is no way Oleg is going to finish this game and put a post up i here saying 'Ok guys its in the shops now', We will be given a release date, a dedicated website will appear, and interviews and pre release reviews will happen. Until we see any of these things then SOW is still in development.

If this will be happened before of July 2011 I will buy 2 copyes of sim ( one for me another one for my girlfiend ;) ) and I will send to Oleg extra 200 Eur for good job...

I suppose the game will be released on Dec. 2011.

Skoshi Tiger
01-05-2011, 10:24 AM
If I bought my wife a copy of Bob, I think she would kick me in the testicles and then go onto facebook to tell the world how much I deserved it!

Tree_UK
01-05-2011, 10:31 AM
If I bought my wife a copy of Bob, I think she would kick me in the testicles and then go onto facebook to tell the world how much I deserved it!

A similar thing happened to me when I bought the wife a lawnmower.:(

merlin1
01-05-2011, 11:43 AM
you guys makes me laugh...:lol:

Qpassa
01-05-2011, 11:51 AM
If this will be happened before of July 2011 I will buy 2 copyes of sim ( one for me another one for my girlfiend ;) ) and I will send to Oleg extra 200 Eur for good job...

I suppose the game will be released on Dec. 2011.

oh god, please no :rolleyes:

Boandlgramer
01-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Well, I have given my wife a electric screw driver to her birthday, and she was very happy.
But I am 100% sure , she would strike me hard if I give her a flightsimulator copy as a gift.

leggit
01-05-2011, 05:59 PM
has Oleg made a descision regarding format? is the going to be a hard copy like IL2 or DL only....that could have a big impact on the marketing and release process. Personally i'd be very surprised to see this before easter now...but i'd also be very surprised if we had to wait until the end of the year.

swiss
01-05-2011, 06:12 PM
has Oleg made a descision regarding format?

It's not up to him to decide.

philip.ed
01-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Well, I have given my wife a electric screw driver to her birthday, and she was very happy.
But I am 100% sure , she would strike me hard if I give her a flightsimulator copy as a gift.

Yes, but she may find that quite useful when she's bored.

leggit
01-05-2011, 07:32 PM
It's not up to him to decide.

i would be surprised if it was that black and white bud...I imagine he would have some input at some point:)

Flying Pencil
01-14-2011, 06:48 PM
I admire your positive attitude ;)

I'd advise you not to expect anything in the Feb-April region though. At best case, mid year is the best one might hope for.

You where saying? ;)