PDA

View Full Version : 4.10 Support & Bug Reporting

Pages : [1] 2 3

daidalos.team
12-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Dear IL-2 fans,

Even though we have dedicated several months to internal and external beta-testing, it is possible that we might not have been able to identify all issues. Thus, we would like to ask IL-2 community for a feedback related to 4.10 content only. If you find any suspicious issue/bug, please report it in this thread, ideally backed with some hard evidence (screenshots, tracks, etc.).

Thank you.

Daidalos Team.

baronWastelan
12-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Minor nuisance, but a bug to be sure. Some useful text is missing...

csThor
12-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Not really a bug. I fiddled with various ways of naming the nation-specific generic unit but in the end I took the simplest ... <none>. ;)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Maybe we can have this as a sticky, please?

ChosenOne
12-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Bf 109 G6 & G6Late : U5 Loadout - seems MK108 gunpods doesnt work :( BuG?

mkubani
12-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Hello ChosenOne,

you are correct. This is a valid bug. Right on our "to fix" list. Thanks for your report.

TeeJay82
12-24-2010, 11:26 AM
-P40 dont have a pylon for bomb or tank, it just hangs under the plane via invisible tractorbeam

Flanker35M
12-24-2010, 11:28 AM
S!

Hs129B-2, loadout selection. Mk101 and Mk103 gunpods do not show in loadout screen but normally in flight.
Re.2000 loadout. Bombs hang in air, bomblet dispenser not visible in loadout screen, but in flight.

pupo162
12-24-2010, 12:06 PM
are the conf.ini of 4.09 and 4.10 uncumpatible?

i just interchanged them and screwed the game...

if i load a (edit) quick mission builder mission i get a " wrong data error"

cheers

Blaubaer
12-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi there,

can someone give me any hints for configuring the dedicated server version?

Regards,
the Blaubaer

blaubaer@fliegende-schweine.de

dflion
12-24-2010, 12:40 PM
1. The following message showed up when I tryed to load the Slovakia Winter Map -
World().Load Map() Error:Java.Lan6.RuntimeException:Landscape'Slovaki a/load_winter.ini' loading error.

2. Some of the German fighters were showing only one colour (White/Grey) in their default Staffel markings.

3. The following flyable aircraft are not showing at all: -
I-15bis
CW-21
Re.2000/Heja I

4. When you change the RAF Squadron flights, the individual letters remain A,B,C,D - the first flight.

Everything else looks very good, so far.

Thanks,

DFLion

mkubani
12-24-2010, 12:59 PM
For the disappearing pylons in the Arming screen - that is the old known issues for weapons & pylons that are not as separate models, but built in to the plane itself in order to use same skins as the plane.

@DFLion: Are you experiencing this in the QMB or FMB?

dflion
12-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks for your quick reply mkubani. I am experiencing these problems in both the QMB and FMB.
DFLion

Aviar
12-24-2010, 01:17 PM
My saved Quick Mission Files from 4.09m do not work correctly anymore when they are loaded.

In particular, it is the map that is incorrect. The map from the saved file is not loaded. Instead, what I get is the Bessarabia map. The plane and loadouts seem to be correct, but the original map from the 4.09m file is not loaded.

Aviar

FC99
12-24-2010, 01:25 PM
My saved Quick Mission Files from 4.09m do not work correctly anymore when they are loaded.

In particular, it is the map that is incorrect. The map from the saved file is not loaded. Instead, what I get is the Bessarabia map. The plane and loadouts seem to be correct, but the original map from the 4.09m file is not loaded.

Aviar

Please, send one of your old QMB files that is not working to
daidalos.team@gmail.com

I'll take a look.

FC

zipper
12-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Bf 109 G6 & G6Late : U5 Loadout - seems MK108 gunpods doesnt work :( BuG?

As a point of interest, there doesn't appear to be any evidence MK108 gunpods were ever actually used on 109's other to be designated and tested. (I believe the same is true for the 108 and 103 pods as well as other some weapons for the 190).

150GCT_Veltro
12-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Not a bug from DT but Mk.Vc still have cockpit bug.

indy
12-24-2010, 01:36 PM
Hello guys I found a bug in russian language
FMB->Stationary Objects->There is an item wich is named in german "Grossdeutcher Rundfunk". I believe it should has russian name.

wildwillie
12-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the long awaited 4.10 I know there are a lot of features that people will love.

I have downloaded the 410 patch and the 410 DS patch.

I have setup a 410m dedicated server (CRT=2), but when I connect I am getting a Timeout = 1 error.

Installation on the client was over a stock 4.09m installation (Built fresh and tested connection to a CRT=2 4.09m server before updating)

Installation on the server was over a stock 4.09m Dedicated server (Same one I tested above with)

Both client and server were updated. The problem I have is that only 50% of the players that have tried were able to successfully connect, and the rest all got Timeout=1 errors.

If I set CRT=0 then I can connect without any problems.

Any ideas what we can try next ?

you can email me at warbirdsofprey@hotmail.com

Thanks,

WildWillie

wildwillie
12-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Another issue related to FMB.

When you create a mission in FMB and limit the nationalities for the homebase, it is saved and works when you load the mission on the server.

But when you edit the same mission in FMB and save it again the nationalities limits are not there anymore. You have to manually add them back each time

WildWillie

Aviar
12-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Please, send one of your old QMB files that is not working to
daidalos.team@gmail.com

I'll take a look.

FC

This is very easy for the community to verify.

Just load up ANY of your saved Quick Mission files after you install the 4.10 patch. You'll see that the map always comes up as Bessabaria...not the map that was on your 4.09m version.

**Files sent to DT as requested by FC99.

Aviar

Moreman
12-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Bf 109 F4: Loadout - 2xMG151/15 right gunpods has the increased ammunition load

JG52Uther
12-24-2010, 03:01 PM
German planes on the Pacific map in QMB seem to load with Japanese markings,even if German are selected.
(I know its the pacific but still...)

Sita
12-24-2010, 03:03 PM

Moreman
12-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the long awaited 4.10 I know there are a lot of features that people will love.

I have downloaded the 410 patch and the 410 DS patch.

I have setup a 410m dedicated server (CRT=2), but when I connect I am getting a Timeout = 1 error.

WildWillie

Dont work... :(

SDPG_SPAD
12-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Sorry to spoil your evening, gentlemen, but looks like some of the gunpods are screwed up, again:

1) U5: 2xMk108 gunpod variant - the 30mm's won't fire at all on Bf-109G6 and G6-Late.

2) The right-wing 151/15 gunpod of 109-F4 sure has some extra ammo: not only does it outlast its left-wing twin, but it also has more ammunition than the motor-cannon :)

Aximand
12-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Hello TD,in list of loadouts HE-111H6 ive seen 4SC500 4SD250, but there is only 2 carried on the plane, whats wrong, loadout or name of loadout?
Marry Christmass.

Aviar
12-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I suggest DT start a 'Verified 4.10 Bugs' topic so that this thread is not clogged up with multiple reports of the same bug. (It looks like there may be quite a few.)

Aviar

orangefood
12-24-2010, 05:40 PM
early American markings with red dot on late jets.

1.JaVA_Sharp
12-24-2010, 05:41 PM
did a reinstall as the disc that I used for the 409 install was cracked (as in broken) patched up in sequence 408, 409 410 but except for a little bleu circle nothing happened...

edit: btw this was a clean install of 409 where this happened.

daidalos.team
12-24-2010, 05:43 PM
early American markings with red dot on late jets.

Please adjust the mission date properly. Early US markings were used until May 15 1942.

stugumby
12-24-2010, 06:05 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/stugumby/er.jpg

I get this after i added in jettison bombs to controls and had tinkered in fmb with a f4u with bat bomb, only happens when first starting game and going into qmb. change a map or plane and retry and works ok.

ElAurens
12-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Trying to create a simple All Axis Planes vs. All Allied Planes for squad testing on the Kuban.

In the FMB all planes are made available to each side as appropriate, but in game many aircraft simply do not show up, no matter where I set the date in the mission.

Also note that air spawns are set as default. Air spawns should be the option.

chn6
12-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Not a Bug, but a neglect thing

There not a readme for Dedicated server 410, what's the code for new difficulty setting?

Reliability
G-force Limits
Realistic Pilot Vulnerability
Realistic Navigation
No Player Map Icon
No Fog Of War Icons

stugumby
12-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Just a thought, once you set a key to jettison there is no dedicated key to open/close bomb bays. When you jettison from say a pe-2 with 4 fab 250 they are external so no problem, they just fall away but with internal loads the doors snap open and once bombs gone they close a few seconds later. is it feasable to implement a open/close bomb bay switch in the next update??

Moreman
12-24-2010, 06:33 PM
Not a Bug, but a neglect thing

There not a readme for Dedicated server 410, what's the code for new difficulty setting?

Reliability
G-force Limits
Realistic Pilot Vulnerability
Realistic Navigation
No Player Map Icon
No Fog Of War Icons

Add line in server.cmd

difficulty GLimits 1
difficulty Reliability 1
difficulty RealisticPilotVulnerability 1
difficulty RealisticNavigationInstruments 1
difficulty NoPlayerIcon 1
difficulty NoFogOfWarIcons 1

Furio
12-24-2010, 07:23 PM

Got this same message, after trying one quick mission. I tried to restart the game, and even to reinstall the patch with no result. Quick Mission Builder is out of order, always reporting the same error.

mkubani
12-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Have you tried a different map in QMB, please?

Furio
12-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Tried. Changing maps solved the problem, thank you. Please consider that I used the image from Stugumby post, but in my case the map I was using at the moment error appeared was Kuban.

Apart for this inconvenient, I think you did a tremendous job. Thank you again, TD!

NSU
12-24-2010, 08:39 PM
anyone test the radiostadions?
i test some org. sound files from IL2, with name 19400615.wav, but it will not play the sound in game when i make the Grossdeutscher Rundfunk on.
what is wrong, and Team Daidalos Team you have a test Mission with this radiostadion?

ElAurens
12-24-2010, 08:41 PM
My issues now solved as well.

Any previous version of the ZUTI MDS is not compatible with 4.10.

My bad.

Good work DT. Everything seems to be running smoothly now.

Oh, and the P51 changes are very nice. Thanks.

bf-110
12-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Just a question.

On this week,I afforded a new computer with Win 7 64 bit.
Does IL2 works in it?

And can I simply move the gamefolder from my former HD to the new one?

Azimech
12-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Yes you can. It works flawlessly.

SlipBall
12-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Thank's very much, running great with no bugs.:grin:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/SlipBall/bug.gif

von2
12-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Data file corrupt error in QMB

bf-110
12-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Having a general problem with IL2.
What resolution should I use?My new machine uses 1680 x 1050.
But when I run IL2,the game doesn´t fill the whole screen,leaving black spaces on left and right.When I change to somed resolutions,the game looks like to be in a zoomed mode...

Blaubaer
12-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi,

can somebody tell me, what that means:

difficulty NoFogOfWarIcons <0/1>

Regards,
the Blaubaer

blaubaer@fliegende-schweine.de

Azimech
12-24-2010, 10:22 PM
anyone test the radiostadions?
i test some org. sound files from IL2, with name 19400615.wav, but it will not play the sound in game when i make the Grossdeutscher Rundfunk on.
what is wrong, and Team Daidalos Team you have a test Mission with this radiostadion?

The guide explains the files have to be in mp3, with underlying RIFF/WAVE format.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Guys! Please keep this thread as clean as possible, except reports about bugs (or maybe, even not those... hehe, just kidding!). We need to read any valid message!

Also: please make clear, that you installed the patch on a clean 4.09m and have nothing like mods interfered, before you write a posting here! Thanks!

Azimech
12-24-2010, 10:34 PM
How do I ...

... find out which dates are moonless? Do I need to activate my planetarium software or is there an easier way?

... rotate a set of landing lights which I copied from one airfield, so I can paste them at others? somehow the keys for rotating won't work, holding LMB and with "rotate objects" disabled.

... change the default scramble airfield from a QMB map to another airfield? I've tried setting a different homebase and changing the player aircraft to another field but still I start up on the same one (in this case, "blue" grass field west of Kerch but I want Sevastopol).

Suggestion: Ctrl Z=mis_undo

Gryphon_
12-24-2010, 10:59 PM
How do I ...

... rotate a set of landing lights which I copied from one airfield, so I can paste them at others? somehow the keys for rotating won't work, holding LMB and with "rotate objects" disabled.

Select your objects using Alt - (drag mouse to capture objects).

Before doing anything else, hold the mouse pointer at your chosen axis of rotation (dont press either button) and press your rotate keys. The group will rotate.

I find that rotation only works when the objects have just been selected afresh. If you move them first, they dont all rotate, so you have to move, unselect, reselect, than rotate.

Letum
12-24-2010, 11:09 PM
How do I ...

... find out which dates are moonless? Do I need to activate my planetarium

Try google
Or this (http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/phase/phases1901.html)

1.JaVA_Sharp
12-24-2010, 11:21 PM
small update:

I tried stuff like the nocd and any config ini settings I can think of. I don't have a clue on how to solve this problem of the ruddy game not booting.

Fafnir_6
12-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Having a general problem with IL2.
What resolution should I use?My new machine uses 1680 x 1050.
But when I run IL2,the game doesn´t fill the whole screen,leaving black spaces on left and right.When I change to somed resolutions,the game looks like to be in a zoomed mode...

This is not a 4.10 bug. I don't think these resolutions can be set from in the game but you can edit to this:

[window]
width=1920
height=1080
ColourBits=32
DepthBits=24
StencilBits=8
ChangeScreenRes=0
FullScreen=1
DrawIfNotFocused=0
EnableResize=0
EnableClose=1
SaveAspect=0
Use3Renders=0

at the start of your conf.ini to get around this issue (just change width/height to the appropriate values).

Cheers and enjoy the new machine!

Fafnir_6

FC99
12-24-2010, 11:51 PM

Fix ready for next patch, in the meantime best way to help yourself is to correct the map inside QMB and re-save your old mission. When saved in new format it should load correctly.

I get this after i added in jettison bombs to controls and had tinkered in fmb with a f4u with bat bomb, only happens when first starting game and going into qmb. change a map or plane and retry and works ok.

Got this same message, after trying one quick mission. I tried to restart the game, and even to reinstall the patch with no result. Quick Mission Builder is out of order, always reporting the same error.
I managed to reproduce this error, it will be fixed in next patch. In the meantime if "Data corrupt error" show up it is enough to change map in the map window and revert it back and mission will be ready to load.

Error happens because there are two types of QMB template, Euro and Pacific. If you play Euro type mission and than Load Pacific type mission, error will happen and vice versa.

If you only change the map in QMB than you can go from map to map without the problems.

FC

Azimech
12-24-2010, 11:51 PM
It seems the moon phases are not accurate. I set a date for a full moon according to NASA's list, February 12 1941, and I get a waning crescent.

And I'm having trouble with letting the radio play music. I chose and placed an mp3 in the Grossdeutscher_rundfunk folder, nothing happens but the usual static. I even decoded and recoded the file to see if the underlying format was an issue. Hmmm... maybe I should try enabling music in the options menu?

Yep, that did the trick. Now to get rid of the menu music. Very cool that the music is more distorted during twilight and indeed influenced by distance. By the way, testtrack was Asche zu Asche by german metalband Rammstein :)

rakinroll
12-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Guys i have a problem; my visual quality changed to worse after patching 4.10. Is there any solution please?

bf-110
12-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Mmm...I had that Data file corrupt.
At first I got frightened,thought some file was missing or was deleted...

But you just have to change the plane and map,then you can return to the ones you were and everything is fine.

Guys i have a problem; my visual quality changed to worse after patching 4.10. Is there any solution please?

Mine too!Thought it was because I was changing the graphics settings!

eaglerider
12-25-2010, 02:54 AM
To team Daidalos,

I was wondering if there is a full moon at all in 4.10 as I'm working on a mission that calls for a couple of them. Also, if there is a switch or something else to turn on the wing lights for friendly planes at night as they cruise from place to place?

Thank you for all the work and improvements you've made.

Merry Christmas and have a good New Year!

Goanna
12-25-2010, 03:54 AM
Have a possible bug for you, clean 4.10 over 4.09, in QMB on the Pacific Islands map, killed a ship, yet it's reported in the stats page as a Bridge, or have I stuffed something up :grin:
Shows ship here;
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/smeefarkya/fmb1.jpg

Shows Bridge here;
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/smeefarkya/fmb2.jpg

Cheers

Goanna

dflion
12-25-2010, 06:16 AM
For the disappearing pylons in the Arming screen - that is the old known issues for weapons & pylons that are not as separate models, but built in to the plane itself in order to use same skins as the plane.

@DFLion: Are you experiencing this in the QMB or FMB?

I did a 'clean re-install' from 4.07m up and everything I reported earlier is working now. I must have picked up some major problem's along the line, they have now thankfully disappeared.

Thanks again for all your good work 'beta testing' the release.

DFLion

MicroWave
12-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Select your objects using Alt - (drag mouse to capture objects).

Before doing anything else, hold the mouse pointer at your chosen axis of rotation (dont press either button) and press your rotate keys. The group will rotate.

I find that rotation only works when the objects have just been selected afresh. If you move them first, they dont all rotate, so you have to move, unselect, reselect, than rotate.

Ah, let's call this 'a feature'.
When you move the group of objects you have to Right click -> Unselect (not Unselect All) and then you can rotate the group around the mouse pointer position.

Aximand
12-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Hello again TD, i'm convert few .mp3 files to .wav, placed it in radio folder, but in game tracks playng with not full length, they are "cut", and what is riff header?
Thanks.

FC99
12-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Have a possible bug for you, clean 4.10 over 4.09, in QMB on the Pacific Islands map, killed a ship, yet it's reported in the stats page as a Bridge, or have I stuffed something up :grin:
Shows ship here;

Thanks for the report, fixed for 4.11.

PE_Tigar
12-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Spent an hour or so yesterday practicing blind landings. Here are some observations (not necessarily bugs):

- runway lights intensity is very low, and they're practically useless. What is the distance from the field when they can be turned on? I tried calling for lights on outer and on inner marker and nada, they switched them on when I was maybe 200m from rwy threshold - needless to say they were of no use then.

- landing an airplane without landing lights at night with close to zero vis is very hard - real B-25 had landing lights, of course, but in Il-2 they're mysteriously absent. Could the landing lights be added to B-25 in 4.11?

-what is the glideslope angle for ILS in the game? Standard 3 degrees? It would help in calculating the approach altitude.

- the NDB and ILS work very well :D.

zaelu
12-25-2010, 11:07 AM

Most probably you are using an unedited conf.ini... try makeing a backup of the new conf.ini then replace it with the one you use in 4.09...

I hope you did a dual install first :)

steppie
12-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Every time i open a map on mission builder to make a change i loss my country setting and weapon lockouts setting

TeeJay82
12-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Noticed that when i tell my wingmen to attack ground targets, they instantly drop theyre payload

(il2`s) dont know if thats a common bug

Uufflakke
12-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Easy install, no problems. :)
But on the CW-21 I noticed some spelling errors?
I couldn't find some decent images of the original gauges as a reference but according our spelling rules there are some errors.

'Steigt' should be 'Stijgt' (Steigt is German)
'Daaltt' should be 'Daalt'
'Reserve Krystal' should be 'Reserve Kristal'

I know our spelling changed a lot over the years but as far as I know these words haven't changed since the 40's.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd389/Uufflakke10/c776b291.jpg

rakinroll
12-25-2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks Zaelu. Unfortunately i did not. :(

Flanker35M
12-25-2010, 12:41 PM
S!

Not sure if this is a bug or a "feature" that affects only Windows7 users, but here goes. I have a pristine 4.09m installation from the 1946 DVD, which worked just fine. After I installed the 4.10m just fired up the game(DVD must be in drive). I noticed visibly lower FPS. So turned on the FPS meter and was right, my FPS had dropped from solid 60FPS with VSync on to a mere 25-48FPS with only my plane in the sky and no AI!

Nothing helped to cure this until I used a "fixed" il2fb.exe and all the problems were gone. Just FYI.

Feathered_IV
12-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Well done to all who contributed to 4.10.

A small detail, the Hs-129's only show fighter markings rather than the more common 4-letter codes.

1.JaVA_Sjonnie
12-25-2010, 01:28 PM

A small detail, the Hs-129's only show fighter markings rather than the more common 4-letter codes.

Change the unit number to a non- fighter unit if it bothers you.
and: read the historical info about the HS129, that will tell you they initially flew as a unit attached to fighter units.

1.JaVA_Sjonnie
12-25-2010, 01:33 PM
I have a bug to report which seems connected to unit numbers.

A user tried loading a mission from this campaign (which is for stock 4.09m)
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3820

however, mission fails to load.
In the FMB, the IL-2 gets stuck showing only a map. The user then changed the unit number from [Erg_JG2600] to [g0100] and then it works.

I read about the unit number list having been edited to accomodate for the HS-129 units, could it be it has to do with that? [Erg_JG2600] has been around for years in all stock versions.

GerritJ9
12-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Further to CW-21B Interceptor pit:
Compass deviation chart- "Compas Deviatie" should be "Kompas Deviatie".
Not sure if this is a bug, but the indicators on the panel for things like supercharger, undercarriage, flaps etc. don't work (perhaps not implemented?).

csThor
12-25-2010, 02:02 PM

Actually the Hs 129 never showed bomber-style code except as Stammkennzeichen when serving as test aircraft. Really correct would be individual characters (i.e. "Red L") but that would probably take more time and work than it's worth.

csThor
12-25-2010, 02:04 PM
I have a bug to report which seems connected to unit numbers.

A user tried loading a mission from this campaign (which is for stock 4.09m)
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=3820

however, mission fails to load.
In the FMB, the IL-2 gets stuck showing only a map. The user then changed the unit number from [Erg_JG2600] to [g0100] and then it works.

I read about the unit number list having been edited to accomodate for the HS-129 units, could it be it has to do with that? [Erg_JG2600] has been around for years in all stock versions.

Old units were neither renamed nor removed. I just checked the unit in question, it's still there like it was in 4.09. :confused:

bugmenot
12-25-2010, 02:45 PM
Don't know if this bug has already been reported, but in my case, bombs and torpedoes are totally inoperative, I mean, I launch them and then nothing happens, they hit the ground / target / whatever, but never explode... so they're pretty useless... :D

Maybe I forget to bind a new special key or something...

Ian Boys
12-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Loadout Bug -

109G6 - Wurfrahmen work if selected plane is German but do not appear if Finnish. This may be historically accurate but
a) If the Lerche exists the Wurfrahmen are minor
b) They should not be in loadout screen if they cannot be selected.

There are some other small loadout issues as described in the pages above but overall I'd like to say thank you for an amazing job, esp. the new navigation beacons etc., which I love!

Sven
12-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Further to CW-21B Interceptor pit:
Compass deviation chart- "Compas Deviatie" should be "Kompas Deviatie".
Not sure if this is a bug, but the indicators on the panel for things like supercharger, undercarriage, flaps etc. don't work (perhaps not implemented?).

Another note about the cockpit, on the left top side there's the emergency extinguisher unit, there is a spelling mistake there as well " Aan T-Handel Trekken " Handel --> Hendel

FoolTrottel
12-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Old units were neither renamed nor removed. I just checked the unit in question, it's still there like it was in 4.09. :confused:

Sure, the unit is still there. But the issue is that it does not work properly.
Said mission will 'load to 100%' when playing it, but the Briefing/Fly screen never appears.
The previous screen (the one with the 'load' button on it) stays current.

Assigning the unit in the FMB in a new mission, to a flight is quite possible, but if you save that mission, you cannot reload it (map may appear, but the 'Stand by: Mission Loading' message will be shown endlessly, pressing the x right top will close that message, but mission does not get loaded at all.)

Azimech
12-25-2010, 04:37 PM
The BK 3.7 on the BF110 fires in an angle downwards, both AI and me can't hit anything with it. In 4.09 there's no problem.

kampfjager31
12-25-2010, 04:56 PM
G- INDICATOR on the invisible cockpit not working. I took a 109 to 10,000 and dived to the ground, made a track, while diving, the G's by speed bar came on, when reviewing track with the invisible cockpit the circle with the0.0, G indicator did not work, remain 0.0

Wutz
12-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Classical skip bombing seems to be a no go now with 4.10.
If the bomb touches with its side the water and then hits its target, the effect is like you never released a bomb. Tried it using various loadouts using the G4M1
and even though ever single bomb hit its target, not one exploded.
Only on dive attacks did the bombs explode.

csThor
12-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Sure, the unit is still there. But the issue is that it does not work properly.
Said mission will 'load to 100%' when playing it, but the Briefing/Fly screen never appears.
The previous screen (the one with the 'load' button on it) stays current.

Assigning the unit in the FMB in a new mission, to a flight is quite possible, but if you save that mission, you cannot reload it (map may appear, but the 'Stand by: Mission Loading' message will be shown endlessly, pressing the x right top will close that message, but mission does not get loaded at all.)

*bangs head on desk*

Yes, confirmed. Damned typo in the definition file. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/images/smilies/smiley_doh.gif

orangefood
12-25-2010, 05:57 PM
FMB won't save the mission if you have over 72 planes flying on the same side

kpax
12-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Hello,

In french localized version, the prop pitch display is wrong.
I get "Pas dhelice {0}%" whatever the real value is. With locale=en, the value for prop pitch is correctly displayed.

Happy Christmas.

mkubani
12-25-2010, 06:49 PM
During your skip bombing, did your bomb fall for about 2 seconds before it hit the water?

If the bomb touches with its side the water and then hits its target, the effect is like you never released a bomb. Tried it using various loadouts using the G4M1

Wutz
12-25-2010, 07:09 PM
During your skip bombing, did your bomb fall for about 2 seconds before it hit the water?
No as these attacks where below 50m height, will have to try it at heigher heights. Although, normally that should not have a big effect as the bombs side is hitting the water not the head where the detonater is. I know on a 1980s Matra 250kg all purpose bomb after the release wires where gone, there was a small prop like thing that needed to get a certain rpm before the bomb was armed, and I am assuming it should be simular with the WII ones too? Well never saw them in good condition up near only ones that I got to see up close had some kind of defect and had not gone off which we defused. So do I understand that right that droptime, reguardless the tip or the side of the bomb touching will make the differance?
As normally on the real ones the casing had nothing to do with the fuse.

Aviar
12-25-2010, 07:28 PM

From the 4.10 Guide:

--------------------
Bomb Fusing

Real life bombs have generally an electrical or mechanical time fuse to avoid premature explosion in case of mishap (e.g. a bomb detaching from the aircraft while still on the runway, or a bomb hitting the bomb rack due to turbulence).

This has been implemented in IL-2, so that bombs now have a 2 seconds time fusing. If the bomb hits the target before that time, the fuse does not activate and the bomb does not explode. This means that in level flight bomb must be dropped from a minimum altitude of about 25 meters to explode.

If the bomb is dropped in a dive the altitude must be proportionally greater.This also applies to skip bombing: the bomb must be dropped from at least 25m and must not hit the ship before 2
seconds.
--------------------

You are correct in that the 'classical' (4.09m) skip bombing is no more. However, I tried the new version and skip-bombing is still possible. You will simply need to adjust to the new parameters.

Generally speaking, release the bombs above 50m and at an earlier point than in the past. It's harder, but in a strange way seems more realistic in the actual implementation.

*Note: Where it states "If the bomb hits the target before that time (2 seconds), the fuse does not activate and the bomb does not explode"...be aware that '...hits the target...' actually pertains to the initial contact with the ground or water, and may not be the actual 'target' (for instance, a ship, if you are skip-bombing).

So, if you are skip bombing a ship, the bombs must fall all least 2 seconds before they make contact with the water. If not, they will not arm.

Aviar

Wutz
12-25-2010, 08:10 PM
From the 4.10 Guide:

--------------------
Bomb Fusing

Real life bombs have generally an electrical or mechanical time fuse to avoid premature explosion in case of mishap (e.g. a bomb detaching from the aircraft while still on the runway, or a bomb hitting the bomb rack due to turbulence).

This has been implemented in IL-2, so that bombs now have a 2 seconds time fusing. If the bomb hits the target before that time, the fuse does not activate and the bomb does not explode. This means that in level flight bomb must be dropped from a minimum altitude of about 25 meters to explode.

If the bomb is dropped in a dive the altitude must be proportionally greater.This also applies to skip bombing: the bomb must be dropped from at least 25m and must not hit the ship before 2
seconds.
--------------------

You are correct in that the 'classical' (4.09m) skip bombing is no more. However, I tried the new version and skip-bombing is still possible. You will simply need to adjust to the new parameters.

Generally speaking, release the bombs above 50m and at an earlier point than in the past. It's harder, but in a strange way seems more realistic in the actual implementation.

*Note: Where it states "If the bomb hits the target before that time (2 seconds), the fuse does not activate and the bomb does not explode"...be aware that '...hits the target...' actually pertains to the initial contact with the ground or water, and may not be the actual 'target' (for instance, a ship, if you are skip-bombing).

So, if you are skip bombing a ship, the bombs must fall all least 2 seconds before they make contact with the water. If not, they will not arm.

Aviar
Thank you, I used to work as a EOD speciallist, so I am familiar with real bombs, and yes the main ones I helped defuse where WWII ones.
That a certain rpm has to be reached to arm the bomb is one thing, but how is the bomb to "know" how high she is? No there are no censors of any kind on the casing at all, just a max. of three detonators depending on the bomb.
Meaning normally if your bomb has the speed, and enough time before the detonator hits, mark you the detonator not the casing, height should not matter.
But good this is a game and some things differ. Will have to get used to that. I missed the bit with the 25m.....my fault usually I am down to about 10m or lower as to use other ships for cover.

28_Condor
12-25-2010, 08:56 PM
S!

Add line in server.cmd

difficulty GLimits 1
difficulty Reliability 1
difficulty RealisticPilotVulnerability 1
difficulty RealisticNavigationInstruments 1
difficulty NoPlayerIcon 1
difficulty NoFogOfWarIcons 1

These limits are not working well in our server.

Even editing the server.cmd file, after type directly over server this is returned:

13>difficulty GLimits 1
SeparateEStart 1
ComplexEManagement1
EngineOverheat 1
TorqueGyroEffects 1
FlutterEffect 1
WindTurbulence 1
StallsSpins 1
Vulnerability 1
BlackoutsRedouts 1
RealisticGunnery 1
LimitedAmmo 1
LimitedFuel 1
CockpitAlwaysOn 1
NoOutsideViews 1
HeadShake 1
NoIcons 0
NoPadlock 1
Clouds 1
NoInstantSuccess 1
TakeoffLanding 1
RealisticLandings 1
NoMapIcons 1
NoMinimapPath 0
NoSpeedBar 0
Reliability 0
GLimits 0
RealisticPilotVulnerability 0
RealisticNavigationInstruments 0
NoPlayerIcon 0
NoFogOfWarIcons 0

There are another way of make work these new limits?

Thanks!

FC99
12-25-2010, 10:12 PM
G- INDICATOR on the invisible cockpit not working. I took a 109 to 10,000 and dived to the ground, made a track, while diving, the G's by speed bar came on, when reviewing track with the invisible cockpit the circle with the0.0, G indicator did not work, remain 0.0
G variable is not saved in tracks so there is nothing for G indicator to show.

Aviar
12-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Thank you, I used to work as a EOD speciallist, so I am familiar with real bombs, and yes the main ones I helped defuse where WWII ones.
That a certain rpm has to be reached to arm the bomb is one thing, but how is the bomb to "know" how high she is? No there are no censors of any kind on the casing at all, just a max. of three detonators depending on the bomb.
Meaning normally if your bomb has the speed, and enough time before the detonator hits, mark you the detonator not the casing, height should not matter.
But good this is a game and some things differ. Will have to get used to that. I missed the bit with the 25m.....my fault usually I am down to about 10m or lower as to use other ships for cover.

I think you are misinterpreting the part about "If the bomb is dropped in a dive the altitude must be proportionally greater."

Of course the bomb has no altitude sensors. However, this is simple physics. If you are in a dive, not only will the bombs be released at a steeper angle, but your speed will be much greater (as well as the speed of the bombs on release).

So, now you have the bombs traveling at a higher rate of speed as well as a much steeper angle (as compared to releasing the bombs on a skip-bombing run).

In other words, the bombs will travel a greater distance in 2 seconds if released in a steep dive. Thus, the need to release them from a higher altitude. I hope that clears it up for you.

Aviar

Aardvark892
12-26-2010, 04:51 AM
Team D!

Thank You for 4.10! I've found that if I hit autopilot on the ground before taking off in the LaGG-3 RD, it runs for about a minute and then explodes. I tried this with the "reliability" difficulty switch off and on. My wingman had no problems. I did not see the throttle advance, but I could hear the engine spooling up. I tried this on three different maps, as well as in the QMB.

Thank you.

EDIT: Apparently this happens to many of the jet engine types. I watched the throttle while the AI perfomed takeoff prep. and it really slammed forward the throttle way too fast. I hope this extra info helps

Grams79
12-26-2010, 05:20 AM
I've notice that a few people (including myself) are in need of an installation section to instruct us on the correct procedures to install 4.10.

Some of us have mods such as UP 2.01.
Some of us have patch 4.09 installed.
And some have nothing but a DVD yet.

Now I'm not a person to complain... but there should be a sticky.
How about installation instructions right on the 4.10 Official Release post.

Let us say we have a clean install of the DVD.
Is it patch 4.08, then 4.09, then 4.10? or simply right to 4.10?

IvanK
12-26-2010, 05:35 AM
From the DVD get your install to 4.09M then install 4.10.

11th~Frog
12-26-2010, 07:06 AM
#1) Selecting the Enemy frequency from the communications menu results in the Friendly frequency being selected. That is, both the Enemy selection and the Friendly selection result in the radio being set to friendly.

#2) On the Ground Control page of the communications menu there is no customary blank line between the last option and the '0.Back' option.

_RAAF_Furball
12-26-2010, 08:56 AM

Thanks,
WildWillie

I also have a 410m dedicated server set to CRT=2 in confs.ini and no-one can connect - they also receive the Timeout = 1 error.

CRT=1 won't allow them to connect either.

Azimech
12-26-2010, 09:41 AM
I had problems too to connect to a certain 4.10 server. But the funny thing is, the server was populated. I was able to connect to different 4.10 servers.

When flying a two-engined aircraft, I get HUD notification when I change power to engine 1 and 2, I get proppitch notification when changing proppitch on #1, but I don't get proppitch notification when changing #2. Not a very big deal for me since I use Saitek throttles and have the lever for #1 next to it, but I thought nothing wrong with mentioning it.

JAMF
12-26-2010, 10:21 AM
In other words, the bombs will travel a greater distance in 2 seconds if released in a steep dive. Thus, the need to release them from a higher altitude. I hope that clears it up for you.

Aviar
The reverse should then also apply. One should be able to fly in at 5-10m above the waves, then nose up and release the bomb, so it gets an arc that will not necessarily travel above 25m but still fly for at least 2 seconds.

This will not be a good method though, as it's not a very stable launch and will raise you into view of the AI gunners and will be hard to reproduce successfully every time. :)

Wutz
12-26-2010, 10:29 AM
The reverse should then also apply. One should be able to fly in at 5-10m above the waves, then nose up and release the bomb, so it gets an arc that will not necessarily travel above 25m but still fly for at least 2 seconds.

This will not be a good method though, as it's not a very stable launch and will raise you into view of the AI gunners and will be hard to reproduce successfully every time. :)
Well the funny thing is as of 4.10m the bomb casing not the detonator touching something makes the differance. Also try dropping at 25m and see what happens! I can tell you absolutely nothing! At 40m the same, at 60m you can hit finally, at 70m you are dead reguardly what kind of a delay you have set, as now we know that mechanical and chemical detonators reset themselves automaticlly when not dropped at the exact right height.
I should maybe write my former instructors with whom I did my EOD training that they told us a bunch of bull about how mechanical detonators work.....
Sorry the momentary solution for skip bombing is straight out of the funny farm.

slm
12-26-2010, 11:05 AM
I wanted to test 4.10 in online environment. Not too many 4.10 servers yet, but I found one that had 4.10, FBDj and said mods allowed. In this server when I had a 2-engine plane, starting engines didn't work. First I did: Select all engines, then start engine - but nothing happened.

These same commands worked when trying in a COOP server I hosted myself (no mods or FBDj). Also in this problem server starting the engine was succesful when the plane had just 1 engine.

pupo162
12-26-2010, 11:11 AM
I wanted to test 4.10 in online environment. Not too many 4.10 servers yet, but I found one that had 4.10, FBDj and said mods allowed. In this server when I had a 2-engine plane, starting engines didn't work. First I did: Select all engines, then start engine - but nothing happened.

These same commands worked when trying in a COOP server I hosted myself (no mods or FBDj). Also in this problem server starting the engine was succesful when the plane had just 1 engine.

to start a multi engined plane you have to select engine 1 - start. engine 2 - start. starting both at the same is not possible in this game.

slm
12-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Like I wrote earlier, starting both engines at the same time *is* possible in 4.10.
I've tried both COOP and dogfight servers where I created the server.

robtek
12-26-2010, 11:45 AM
@wutz
Might it be possible that you have a kind of obsession with this bomb arming workaround
in this game full of workarounds?
This solution is not 100%, so what, it is closer to reality than in 4.09 -> that says for me -> great, good job.

@Arsenal53

to be disappointed by a present??? I really dont know, i think we are lucky to get anything at all!
The chuzpe of some people is really something to wonder about.

Ian Boys
12-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Confirmation: BK 3,7cm on the 110G2 is messed up.

Ian Boys
12-26-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't know if you can change it but NBD's don't work in DGen. This is a HUGE pity for me. Any way to change that?

pupo162
12-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Like I wrote earlier, starting both engines at the same time *is* possible in 4.10.

missed your post on that, sorry, cant help :(

II/JG77Hawk_5
12-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Solomons Aug 42 Map

Square tree tile in the water at Shortland SPB. Won't pass for mangroves I'm afraid.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/Fatoomch/grab0000.jpg

Cheers,
Hawk 5

Wutz
12-26-2010, 01:01 PM
@wutz
Might it be possible that you have a kind of obsession with this bomb arming workaround
in this game full of workarounds?
This solution is not 100%, so what, it is closer to reality than in 4.09 -> that says for me -> great, good job.

@Arsenal53

to be disappointed by a present??? I really dont know, i think we are lucky to get anything at all!
The chuzpe of some people is really something to wonder about.
Ah yes and what gives you that impression? Are you a EOD specialist?
The bomb arming is rubbish! And yes I took EOD training I know how those darn things work. 4.09 was closer to reality that this fabrication. Maybe next say if a feather touches a bomb it will go off right away too.......I mean who cares fantasy is the limit.........

Azimech
12-26-2010, 01:05 PM
this is not a message to report a bug.

Personally I'm disappointed to have waited so long for a result as poor.
Apart from one or two new feature (G limit, radio compass ...) This patch is a small compilation of mods already out, the real expectations are not there (AI vision, triggers ...). Have ignored a bunch of other interesting stuff and make a poor attempt to make all incompatible with the mods disappoints me from the the team established

Your first post on this forum, already a rant. There are better ways to introduce yourself. Your name will be stuck in my memory as "that one".

Maybe someone will be kind enough to teach you the concept of gratitude, if you're lucky.

Azimech
12-26-2010, 01:14 PM
I don't know if you can change it but NBD's don't work in DGen. This is a HUGE pity for me. Any way to change that?

Would be even cooler to have a program automatically add a number of beacons, both blue and red, on every map and every mission.

If I could code... I would do it myself.

LoBiSoMeM
12-26-2010, 01:41 PM
I like G limits and better joystick setup into IL-2.

Good work in these two points. And I can skip bombing with the new fuse delay, but don't like it a lot. I don't know how a bomb reacts bouncing in water, really. Maybe going back will be good.

Didn't notice big bugs until now, and as a whinner claiming for 6DOF and bigger FOV, I need to recognize that I like a lot the new G limits setting: really change the gameplay to a new level. Congrats for that, one BIG step and a real OFFICIAL PATCH inovation, as the improved interface and options.

Happy new year. Good work.

TheGrunch
12-26-2010, 01:52 PM
...but it depends on whether the difficulty option 'Separate Engine Start' is checked.

I/ZG52_Gaga
12-26-2010, 01:56 PM
ZUTI version you got is crippled with no RRR therefore is NOT GOOD!!!!

BK cannon is gone FUBAR

when you got the turbulence & stuff even in moderate but with a bad choice of degrees of wind direction, Ais lose their tail wheels (as in.. they brake tested with BF110)

I have no way to evaluate the new Wind situation - All i can say is that, it is interesting,
and makes things very difficult - It kind of reminded me of FSX but a bit more violent in a sense. (forget about FFB when in turbulence , i will probably lose my MS FFB2 as in disintegrate)

Beacons Meakons & Radio is BEAUTIFUL - MOST - Important work EVER!!!! - after ZUTI's MDS (not the version you give)

Torpedoes & stuff is nice & compelling

The New Bomb fusing situation is a bit confusing but if it is the correct way
Then we should adapt to it ….

General evaluation :

Congrats!

FS~Phat
12-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Hi guys,

Firstly absolutely fantastic job on the upgrade!

I was wondering if the below is a bug or part of the new spitfire flight model?!?!

I seem to require about 30% negative elevator trim to maintain level flight under anything above moderate up to full power. Is this now normal behaviour?

(more info)
I have an x52pro stick and g19 keyboard both with plugins to show joy stick axis and trim percent at the same time, one on each display. With the stick centred at zero input i have to wind on about 30% neagative trim to stay in level flight. I realise the spit has a strong tendancy to climb when under power but 30% trim down seems excessive! Its even visible externally as a notable down elevator deflection!

Also any chance of letting us know what flight model characteristics were adjusted on the spitfire?

slm
12-26-2010, 02:44 PM
...but it depends on whether the difficulty option 'Separate Engine Start' is checked.

Yes, that was the reason.

Flanker35M
12-26-2010, 02:48 PM
S!

Other planes require some nose down too, so I think not only the Spitfire.

FC99
12-26-2010, 03:37 PM
when you got the turbulence & stuff even in moderate but with a bad choice of degrees of wind direction, Ais lose their tail wheels (as in.. they brake tested with BF110)

I have no way to evaluate the new Wind situation - All i can say is that, it is interesting,
and makes things very difficult - It kind of reminded me of FSX but a bit more violent in a sense. (forget about FFB when in turbulence , i will probably lose my MS FFB2 as in disintegrate)

Please, send as the mission where you have problems with wind to
daidalos.team@gmail.com
and we will take a look.

FC

JG52Uther
12-26-2010, 03:48 PM
There is something screwy with the new QMB.Several times,after setting up a mission the main il2 screen flashes up before the mission starts loading.
Twice now,in the Normandy1 map,I chose a He111 H2,in blind flying conditions at night,and when the mission started I had no plane.It was the same sort of thing as picking a plane in the FMB and not making it flyable.
Restarting the mission made it work,but for now the QMB is certainly showing its 'mod' origins.

SkyFan
12-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Dear DT members, thank you for great job, however, unfortunately, there are few problems possible connected with new patch. I use Russian version of the game, so forgive me please possible incorrect translation some terms from Russian to English, but I hope enclosed images would help you to understand what I exactly mean.
First problem concerns pink color of Stationary Ship\Test-Runways No 4 in ntrk-records. So, more details.
As you can see at the first image, Test-Runway No4 has now pink color (in redactor during mission building). That's fine, it's boards are visible for builder, moreover these Test-Runways are clear diring game (see second image). Everything seems convenient at the first view. But when viewing ntrk-record pink color returns (see third image) :confused:
Situation with test-Runways No5 & No6 is the same. Moreover this issue concerns also other ntrk-records created in previous versions of game (if Test-Runways No4 were used there).
That's why I would like propose you next simple solution:
1) Rename recent Pink Test-Runway No4, No5 & No6 for example to No4B, No5B & No6B correspondingly ("B" means "Building")
2) Restore previous version of CLEAR Test-Runvay No4 with its native name (as in 4.09m)
3) Create also create clear versions of Test-Runways No5 & No6.
It would give to players possibility to use pink objects during mission-building only. When airfild created using Test-Runway No4 (or No5 or No6) would be ready, builder can replace them to their clear analogue and avoid incorrect playback of ntrk records/
Thatk you in advance.
Sincerely.

28_Condor
12-26-2010, 04:42 PM
S!

I also have a 410m dedicated server set to CRT=2 in confs.ini and no-one can connect - they also receive the Timeout = 1 error.

RAAF,

This problem is possibly due to a modded instalation, we had this problem trying crt=1 in our server and only, at this moment, work with clean installation in server and client side.

BUT yet my question about how to configure the new options was not answered:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=206812&posted=1#post206812

:(:(:(

Cheers!

TheGrunch
12-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Seems like if you choose 2x250lb bombs with the Spitfires you only get one.

Aviar
12-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Seems like if you choose 2x250lb bombs with the Spitfires you only get one.

This is confirmed on my computer. However, I checked all the Spit versions and I only get this problem on two of them:

Spitfire F IXc, 1942
Spitfire F IXc, 1943

Aviar

TheGrunch
12-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Yes, sorry, I should have tested more models. :oops:

I/ZG52_Gaga
12-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Please, send as the mission where you have problems with wind to
daidalos.team@gmail.com
and we will take a look.

FC

I have to re-create the situation because i changed the direction of take off and wind direction so we can take off ... i will let you now if i succeed.

Deacon352nd
12-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Other than the fact that you need to put the mp3 or wav files into the selected radio stations, can anyone give instructions as to how to make this feature work?
Which switches need to to be up or down in the sound options, when can you expect to hear the music you've installed (at engine startup, during flight, when radio switched on, etc), how do you select which radio station to listen to (BBC, Radio Hawaii, etc), by selecting common or army (whatever either of those means) are you the only one to hear if if online or do others?
I've many other questions but since there is not area within the documentation that discusses this feature, I'm forced to ask them here.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

stugumby
12-26-2010, 06:13 PM
heres a potential ground handling bug, i have a logitech extreme 3d pro and have no installed hotas commands except bomb and cannon firing and jettison. When starting engines on a20g and he-1116 i use select all and ensure throttles are closed then select 1 start , wait for start complete then select 2 start, once both started i use select all and plane immediately swings around as if throttles were open on one side.

Aviar
12-26-2010, 06:30 PM
heres a potential ground handling bug, i have a logitech extreme 3d pro and have no installed hotas commands except bomb and cannon firing and jettison. When starting engines on a20g and he-1116 i use select all and ensure throttles are closed then select 1 start , wait for start complete then select 2 start, once both started i use select all and plane immediately swings around as if throttles were open on one side.

I could not replicate this issue. I tried your exact procedure (the first 'select all' is not necessary but I did it anyway) but I had no problems. Everything looked normal.

I think it's on your end somewhere.

Aviar

stugumby
12-26-2010, 06:37 PM
Hmm might be me, im strictly plug and play no special profiles etc. Im currently using jettison and jettison tanks on the top but not using any of the lower 6 buttons, might redo controls and use lower for naval stuff like folding wings tailhook and canopy etc. Ive now made 3 installs, 2 from fresh dvd with patches and 1 using ultrapack updater. So far im very happy with content and as all patches have minor bugs to tweak have full confidence in further joy.

Ian Boys
12-26-2010, 06:39 PM
pink runways in the water on some maps

Aviar
12-26-2010, 06:42 PM
pink runways in the water on some maps

I think there may be an issue with the new test runways. It has been reported earlier in the thread.

Aviar

alado
12-26-2010, 06:47 PM
bomb fusing, bomb fusing .......... in next patch can we change this big time of two seconds???? i believe that its much time to atack a low level, if we can change delay in bombs, why cant change fusing? all planes in ww2, have the same fusing????

Ian Boys
12-26-2010, 07:03 PM
I agree, I'd love a change to this. IL-2's attacking at low level won't have the same fusing as an He-111 dropping from 2500m.

I/ZG52_Gaga
12-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Other than the fact that you need to put the mp3 or wav files into the selected radio stations, can anyone give instructions as to how to make this feature work?
Which switches need to to be up or down in the sound options, when can you expect to hear the music you've installed (at engine startup, during flight, when radio switched on, etc), how do you select which radio station to listen to (BBC, Radio Hawaii, etc), by selecting common or army (whatever either of those means) are you the only one to hear if if online or do others?
I've many other questions but since there is not area within the documentation that discusses this feature, I'm forced to ask them here.

First chose your tracks

then if they are in mp3 format use for example
this freeware tool : Free Mp3 Wma Converter V1.91

and restore them first to wav format.

Then with a version of wavelab or an Audio editor of your choice

you will convert them again to :

Extention : .wav

Audio format : mp3

Channels : (the same as source)

Sample Rate : 44100Hz

Encoding : LameEnc / 192 Kbps, 44100Hz Stereo

Here's a batch for the :Grossdeutscher_Rundfunk

http://www.zg52.com/zips/Grossdeutscher_Rundfunk.rar

and you extract it here :

Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\samples\Music\Radio\Grossdeutscher_Rundfunk

I could make a Yankee Radio Station cos i got the two volumes of Classic Songs from WWII.

And i could make a Paris one with Edith Piaf eh? .......

gprr
12-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Hello T.D. and all

In cockpit Spit MK VC has no engine cowling and my have wrong prop placement - old bug.
Also this plane flies at low speeds as if it is instable round ball without wings - worth chacking.

Thanks
GP

I/ZG52_Gaga
12-26-2010, 07:13 PM
bomb fusing, bomb fusing .......... in next patch can we change this big time of two seconds???? i believe that its much time to atack a low level, if we can change delay in bombs, why cant change fusing? all planes in ww2, have the same fusing????

Yes if it is not correct please change it it's horrible

you can get the tanks in a vertical dive only - very dificult even if the enemy gives you the chance by his absense

alado
12-26-2010, 07:16 PM
I agree, I'd love a change to this. IL-2's attacking at low level won't have the same fusing as an He-111 dropping from 2500m.

of course.

we need now drop bomb at 400 meters and many luck :confused: and 110 and bk, where shoot???? :confused:

Gryphon_
12-26-2010, 07:46 PM
The new Spitfires are greatly appreciated, however the following new Spits do not appear to have any static equivalent:

SpitfireMkVb16lbs
SpitfireMkVbM4616lbs
SpitfireMkVc16lbs
SpitfireMkIXcM61
SpitfireMkIXcM63
SpitfireMkIXcHF
SpitfireMkIX25lbsCLP

also, the legacy P-47D still doesn't have a static

FC99
12-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I have to re-create the situation because i changed the direction of take off and wind direction so we can take off ... i will let you now if i succeed.
I have fix ready but I would like to try it with somebody else mission too so if you run into problems again please send the mission to mail I provided.

fruitbat
12-26-2010, 07:54 PM
The new Spitfires are greatly appreciated, however the following new Spits do not appear to have any static equivalent:

SpitfireMkVb16lbs
SpitfireMkVbM4616lbs
SpitfireMkVc16lbs
SpitfireMkIXcM61
SpitfireMkIXcM63
SpitfireMkIXcHF
SpitfireMkIX25lbsCLP

whats the point, since outwardly a spitVb looks like a spitVb, regardless of its boost, a spitMkIX looks like a spitMkIX regardless of its boost or different engine, etc etc...

Fall_Pink?
12-26-2010, 08:59 PM
No hard evidence and need confirmation, but everytime when I'm on the runway and press auto pilot my Me262's engines get on fire. Other AI planes in my group don't have this feature/bug ;-)

Rgs,
Mark

Ps. edit: update, he162 has the same problem.

SkyFan
12-26-2010, 09:20 PM
The next issue which I have recently found concerns Skip-Bombing by fighters.
Even if the time since bomb release till it's contact with the target is 2 seconds or more bomb anyway doesnt explode, as you can cee in enclosed ntrk-record and images.
There is an example with P-63 here.
First bomb release - 1-34
First hit - 1-37 (please use magnified view - bomb is about to hit the ship)
Second release - 1-39
Second hit - a bit later 1-41 (please also use magnified view).
So, I didn't miss in both attempts, the time was correct in both attempts, but both ships weren't destroy. Such issue didn't exist in 4.09m, bit now... :confused::(
This is sad, because P-39s, P-40s etc of Soviet Fleet Aviation widely used Skip-Bombing and a lot of interesting missions available before in 4.09m wouldn't work in 4.10m unfortunately. Is it possible to correct? May I hope?
Sincerely.

robtek
12-26-2010, 09:36 PM
@ SkyFan

I think the bombs have skipped before the 2 sec. arming time was over -> dud-bombs.
The bombs have to have 2 sec. free flight before touching anything to arm.
And yes, that will work in LEVEL flight above 25m.

SkyFan
12-26-2010, 10:45 PM
I think the bombs have skipped before the 2 sec. arming time was over -> dud-bombs.
Dear Robtek, you are right, but in my example all bombs were in flight NLT 2 seconds, even more before collision with the targets.
And yes, that will work in LEVEL flight above 25m.
You were right again, this was the main reason of my previous failure. My next attempt with altitude NLT 30 m was successful and both ships were destroyed (ntrk-record attached). Anyway it was more difficult because ships are almost invisible in the moment of bomb release. So may be it makes sense to make such feature as "Real Bombing" optional? Who wants, can turn it ON in "Difficulty Settings", who doesn't want - turn it OFF.
Thank you for helpful responce :)
Sincerely.

Deacon352nd
12-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Concerning the new radio feature - I/ZG52 Gaga gave me great info as to how to make or select files and where to put them but once that is done, how do you get the feature to work within the sim?
What switches need to be thrown (u or down) on what screens within the "CONTROLS" SOUND SETUP?
When in the game, do you need to select the TAB key and ground control?
Do you need to map a key withint controls for switching stations and if so, which selection would give you the radio you want to listen to?
It seems like such a nice feature but there were no instructions for its setup and control within the documentation.
Does anyone have the info needed in a logical manner to allow us to use it?

Catsy
12-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Hello,
I found a bug in the French translation of the 4.10m.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1998/il2fb20101225195849342.png

;)
Catsy

Ian Boys
12-26-2010, 11:16 PM
Correction to previous bug report:

NDB do work with DGen but only those within about 30km of your flight path, so you need to set more than you otherwise might.

ian

TheGrunch
12-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Depends on the terrain, I think, Ian. :)

robtek
12-26-2010, 11:26 PM
@SkyFan

To be clear, the bomb must NOT TOUCH ANYTHING, water, earth whatever, before the arming time, 2 sec., is over, to be active.

SkyFan
12-26-2010, 11:38 PM
@SkyFan

To be clear, the bomb must NOT TOUCH ANYTHING, water, earth whatever, before the arming time, 2 sec., is over, to be active.
Thank you again, I understand everythihg already and even edit my previous answer
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=207132&postcount=147
:)

baronWastelan
12-27-2010, 12:10 AM
I did a search on every post I could find about "visibilitydistance=3" and didn't find any new info in the past year. Can a dev please list the changes in the function of this config setting "visibilitydistance=3" from 4.09b1m to 4.09m to 4.10m?

Thanks for all your great work TD!

bolox
12-27-2010, 12:31 AM
compass bug in JU87- all models

in old style navigation mode all is well, but on using realistic navigation option the 'wet' compass on lower left panel becomes tied to compass heading keys- displaying the reciprocal of course set:o

one other point wrt realistic navigation is that devicelink still displays the waypoint information- tho you could call this a feature;)

Goanna
12-27-2010, 02:14 AM
Minor typo :grin:
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/smeefarkya/spelling.jpg

AndyJWest
12-27-2010, 02:25 AM
Minor typo :grin:

No, this it TD following Oleg's standard practice. Without the typo's and iffy syntax, IL-2 would loose its charm... ;)

I noticed the QMB bug, but otherwise the only problems I've had have almost certainly been down to my ancient PC - it was prone to CTD or reset completely for no obvious reason when running 4.09 and/or unmentionable mods, but then it did the same thing sometimes when running Firefox, so I can't say that the fact it did the same thing a couple of times running 4.10 is of any significance. I think its time to do the kind thing, and put it out to pasture...

_RAAF_Furball
12-27-2010, 04:27 AM

Installation on the client was over a stock 4.09m installation (Built fresh and tested connection to a CRT=2 4.09m server before updating)

Installation on the server was over a stock 4.09m Dedicated server (Same one I tested above with)

Both client and server were updated. The problem I have is that only 50% of the players that have tried were able to successfully connect, and the rest all got Timeout=1 errors.

Thanks,
WildWillie

If I set CRT=0 then people can connect without any problems.

This problem is possibly due to a modded instalation, we had this problem trying crt=1 in our server and only, at this moment, work with clean installation in server and client side.

Negative on the MODs aspect .....
MODs have not touched the server nor my client installation at any time.
But thank you .......

A little more info to hopefully jog someone's grey matter ....
I have a vague recollection that CRT=2 wouldn't allow people to connect when I first installed DS 4.09 .... and then after an unknown period time (and making no other changes), CRT=2 did work ok.

Wait mode /ON

dl-3b
12-27-2010, 07:48 AM
No hard evidence and need confirmation, but everytime when I'm on the runway and press auto pilot my Me262's engines get on fire. Other AI planes in my group don't have this feature/bug ;-)

Rgs,
Mark

Ps. edit: update, he162 has the same problem.

Confirmed.

Genosse
12-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Folks!

Maybe somebody has already mentioned it but here're some "bugs" I've found after expanding a 4.09 DF mission with some of the latest 4.10 features ...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/214219/Images/410_bugs/410_no-nationalities-saved.jpg

Everytime I re-edit the DF mission the previously assigned nations are gone ...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/214219/Images/410_bugs/410_any-purpose-amount-ac.jpg

How does this work? There's no message appearing while flying the DF mission announcing how many aircraft are still left. Or ... have I missed something in the 4.10 guide?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/214219/Images/410_bugs/410_no-timestamps-anymore.jpg

Has this been done on purpose? Why then?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/214219/Images/410_bugs/410_skins-not-shown-in-trac.jpg

Maybe a saving bug in the FMB? Maybe some corruption while creating the .ntrk files? In the recordings of a flown DF mission the previously assigned skins to AI aircraft won't be shown for some reason ...

That's it for now ...

Don't be disencouraged by all the postings here, TD! Keep up the good work, folks! :grin:

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-27-2010, 08:33 AM
I did a search on every post I could find about "visibilitydistance=3" and didn't find any new info in the past year. Can a dev please list the changes in the function of this config setting "visibilitydistance=3" from 4.09b1m to 4.09m to 4.10m?

No changings were made to that feature.
Some objects got a different entries to pop up earlier or later, but thats all.

ZaltysZ
12-27-2010, 08:56 AM
A little more info to hopefully jog someone's grey matter ....
I have a vague recollection that CRT=2 wouldn't allow people to connect when I first installed DS 4.09 .... and then after an unknown period time (and making no other changes), CRT=2 did work ok.

CRT=2 can be affected by differences in OSes. I recall that some guys had problems connecting because of localized OSes (Japanese in their case). Also, if server has W2K and client has XP, CRT=2 can give problems too. Even if OSes are CRT=2 compatible, theoretically there can be a problem if some system components get incompatible due to updates (i.e. server installs Windows updates, client doesn't).

indy
12-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Hello TD Guys!
When I read the doc about the 4.10 patch I was wondered about wind existance in he path. Then I tryed to check how it works. Put home base. Set wind speed to 30 m/s. Started a listen server. And spawned on the base. Then I tryed to see the clouds movements. Clouds are still the were they was set while loading. No movements. SO it seems strange to me that we have wind but clouds not moving. As I know there should be a windsock on each airfield to clarify to pilot the direction and strength of the wind. But we have no windsocks. I understand that wind has more complex behaviour an it brings new level of authenticity to the simulation. But it is very strange that we cannot see it via clouds or windsock.
As I know clouds are the texture. Wich is initiated once a map is loaded. So is it possible to move this texture and tile it?
Thanks.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-27-2010, 09:33 AM
But it is very strange that we cannot see it via clouds or windsock.
As I know clouds are the texture. Wich is initiated once a map is loaded. So is it possible to move this texture and tile it?
Thanks.

No, clouds are fixed and autogenerated. Sorry, we cannot do anything about that. Not with the way its currently done (autogenerated).
But we plan to make a windsock object in future.

Viikate
12-27-2010, 10:10 AM

This feature seems to be creating lot of confusion. Please check Gaga's post about this few pages earlier. I'll add my own remarks here:

Basically the AM radio station feature is a mix between the old in game music feature (Crash, InFlight, Takeoff) plus the navigation with NDB beacons. When the radio stations are used in mission, the old Crash, InFlight, Takeoff musics are disabled.

-You need to drop the sound clips into correct folders. For example "samples\Music\Radio\Radio_Honolulu"

-Sound clips must be in correct format. Mp3 with RIFF header & wav extension. I've used tool called CDex to add RIFF header to mp3. I recommend 128Kbps and mono. Stereo is too hi-fi.

-You need to have the corresponding radio tower stationary object inserted in the mission. Position of the radio station is of course relevant, since planes with homing indicator/radio compass can navigate with the station. Radio stations are kind of neutral so "blue" IJN planes can listen "red" Radio Honolulu. Position of the station isn't marked on map, but mission builders should place them to logical places.

-You need to have music enabled in the audio settings and enough volume to hear it.

-You need to have "realistic navigation instruments" difficulty option enabled.

-When in mission, you need to use new keys (must be mapped first) "Next Beacon" & "Previous Beacon" to tune the aircraft's radio to the desired radio station.

Only after this you should be able to hear the samples, but you need to have good reception of the signal. If you are too far away from the station, you only hear static noises.

I noticed that NSU had the mission date in the sound clip itself. This is wrong. Date folder can be inserted under the radio folder, so samples for Pearl Harbor attack could be like "samples\Music\Radio\Radio_Honolulu\19411207\sample .wav"

Sample playback is in alphabetical order and the first sample starts it's playback immediately when mission starts. So it would be possible to time certain clips to be played at certain time even player didn't listen to the radio from the beginning of the mission. For example samples\Music\Radio\Radio_Honolulu\19411207\A.wav could play some mellow Hawaiian music for 10 minutes and samples\Music\Radio\Radio_Honolulu\19411207\B.wav could contain some emergency broadcast about Pearl Harbor bombing. And this would be always played at the 10 min mark from the beginning of mission.

Chapter from the guide:

AM Radio Station Objects
As the commercial medium wave (AM) broadcast band lies within the frequency capability of
most RDF equipment, these stations can also be used for navigation just like NDBs. One of the
first RDF developments in the early 20th century was that aircraft used commercial AM radio
stations for navigation. This continued until the early 1960s when VOR (VHF omni-directional
range) systems finally became widespread.
4.10 patch includes several historical radio station objects with generic looking antenna
towers. These are used exactly like the NDBs, but instead of static noise & Morse code, player
can hear music, speech, etc. These audio samples that the radio station plays are placed at
certain folders under "samples\Music\Radio". For example if mission builder places "Radio
Honolulu" radio tower to mission, this station would play audio samples from folder
"samples\Music\Radio\Radio_Honolulu". Since the missions can contain date information in
4.10, it is possible to use date folder inside radio station folder. For example folder
"samples\Music\Radio\Radio_Honolulu\19411207" could contain audio samples for Pearl
Harbor attack mission and these would be played only if mission date is December 7, 1941.
It's also possible to use "X" in place of day, month or year. For example "1940XXXX" would
mean that all missions taking place during 1940 uses this folder, unless there is more precise
date folder given. Audio samples must be the same standard format (Mp3 with RIFF header
and wav extension) as all other audio clips.

_RAAF_Furball
12-27-2010, 01:25 PM
CRT=2 can be affected by differences in OSes. I recall that some guys had problems connecting because of localized OSes (Japanese in their case). Also, if server has W2K and client has XP, CRT=2 can give problems too. Even if OSes are CRT=2 compatible, theoretically there can be a problem if some system components get incompatible due to updates (i.e. server installs Windows updates, client doesn't).
Thank you.
Yes, I'm aware of OS incompatibility, but don't believe this is the cause of the problem, as the server was fine with CRT=2 in 4.09.

Ian Boys
12-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Depends on the terrain, I think, Ian. :)

No, I mean the NDB only EXIST within 30km or so of your flightpath. You can put them elsewhere but Dgen won't bring them into your mission unless they lie along your route.

TheGrunch
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
No, I mean the NDB only EXIST within 30km or so of your flightpath. You can put them elsewhere but Dgen won't bring them into your mission unless they lie along your route.

Ahhh, I see. Yeah, DCG has a similar feature with the action radius setting. Unfortunately it's very doubtful that DGen will be updated any time soon.

beta4good
12-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Does 4.10 work with the Steam version of Il-2 Sturmovik 1946?

~S~

Beta

Dear IL-2 fans,

Even though we have dedicated several months to internal and external beta-testing, it is possible that we might not have been able to identify all issues. Thus, we would like to ask IL-2 community for a feedback related to 4.10 content only. If you find any suspicious issue/bug, please report it in this thread, ideally backed with some hard evidence (screenshots, tracks, etc.).

Thank you.

Daidalos Team.

I/ZG52_Gaga
12-27-2010, 04:10 PM
Did anyone try to make a track & play it back?

I made one and in the track the aircraft i'm shooting at is missing

it looks like i'm shooting at thin air....

Anyone else?

Extra Info : I made the track after i tried my mission directly from the FMB

indy
12-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Hello TD,
Just noticed a bug with both of D.XXI Sarja.
Took the Lvov map, put home base to the left bottom corner of E13. When spawned on the field noticed that both sarjas slowly move a bit forward and turn to the right. But I didn't touch controls. Engine is off. Even brakes don't stop the craft.
The same is with both Henschels but with the little difference - brakes stop such movement.
Thanks.

PS. Also tried to use FW and SM.79 - they stay there where they were spawned.

BUG detected on clean 4.07->4.08->4.09->4.10 install.

Can someone reproduce it?

Faust
12-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Genosse,

I believe that when 4.10 is installed the default for time stamps in the display filter is off. Turn it on and you should see the time stamps. (At least that was the case for me.)

Daidalos Team,
As previously mentioned, the nationalities are saved in the .mis file. However, they are not read back in when re-loading the mission in FMB. The nationalities are read back in when playing the mission. It would be great if this could be fixed in 4.11 (or sooner ;)). This is not a mod-related issue. Pure 4.10m nothing else. Could someone from TD please confirm?

Thanks much guys for the great new additions.

GF_Mastiff
12-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Besserbia Map multiple aircraft 1940 *2 hurricanes, #4 spits, 2 spit 40 early, 2 spits 40,
2 MC202 3series 1939, 2 MC202 1940, BF109E4, 2 HE111 1939.

Played for 40 min and the game started to grow into a slide show and stopped responding and CTD.

Clean install from 4.07 to 4.10m.

davido53
12-27-2010, 05:46 PM
on the HS-129B

kimosabi
12-27-2010, 05:47 PM
^^That's just a barrel seal from the factory to make sure that nothing gets misplaced in there under transport from factory to the airfields.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-27-2010, 05:59 PM
on the HS-129B

Looks like you used a different skin on that B-3?
The barrel is part of the skin.

You cannot use old skins for Henschels.

Reads like "Template by ...", BTW.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Does 4.10 work with the Steam version of Il-2 Sturmovik 1946?

~S~

Beta

There is no reason, why not... considered, that you downloaded and successfully installed patches 4.08 and 4.09 before.

Viikate
12-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Did anyone try to make a track & play it back?

I made one and in the track the aircraft i'm shooting at is missing

it looks like i'm shooting at thin air....

Anyone else?

Extra Info : I made the track after i tried my mission directly from the FMB

Couldn't reproduce. More details please or maybe that mission file would be useful.

I/ZG52_Gaga
12-27-2010, 06:40 PM
i'm making now a new one, as played in MDS Dogfight version and will get back to you asap.

fabrikant
12-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Dear IL-2 fans,

Thank you.

Daidalos Team.
The application Fov Changer is not working. Why?

indy
12-27-2010, 07:01 PM
TD:
I would like to ask for 2 little improovements
#1: Store in cfg file the way aircraft list is sorted in simple mission editor - usual or alphabetical
#2: Another improovement is to store the distances of tracers crossing (e.g. cannons, machine-gun, unguided missiles) separately for each plain. Or something in this way. Because spifire requires one distance but Bf or La requires another. It depends on where gunnery located.
Thanks.

IceFire
12-27-2010, 08:01 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned but UK-Dedicated1 has been upgraded to 4.10 and is also running FBDj and we're experiencing a few problems. The biggest of which seems to be severe warping every several minutes. Anyone else experienced that on their server?

Likely going to have to roll back to 4.09m in the short term.

I'm not a server admin so I can't provide details but I just thought I would put the question out there and see.

Aviar
12-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Hello TD,
Just noticed a bug with both of D.XXI Sarja.
Took the Lvov map, put home base to the left bottom corner of E13. When spawned on the field noticed that both sarjas slowly move a bit forward and turn to the right. But I didn't touch controls. Engine is off. Even brakes don't stop the craft.
The same is with both Henschels but with the little difference - brakes stop such movement.
Thanks.

PS. Also tried to use FW and SM.79 - they stay there where they were spawned.

BUG detected on clean 4.07->4.08->4.09->4.10 install.

Can someone reproduce it?

Could not reproduce it. All 3 sarja models were still. I tested both a DF Home Base and a runway takeoff single mission (because you were not specific in your post).

My guess is that you had some wind activated in the mission.

Aviar

Xallo
12-27-2010, 09:02 PM
(online) Mission type 4, last one: summer islands, used to be good to train bombing skills on, The problem is that the base you start on, starts shooting you up when you spawn!! Tried 3 bases.. and tried to be german, finland and france

Aviar
12-27-2010, 09:14 PM
(online) Mission type 4, last one: summer islands, used to be good to train bombing skills on, The problem is that the base you start on, starts shooting you up when you spawn!! Tried 3 bases.. and tried to be german, finland and france

I wouldn't mind testing it, but I don't know what you mean by "(online) Mission type 4". I don't know what mission you are playing.

Aviar

Xallo
12-27-2010, 09:20 PM
I wouldn't mind testing it, but I don't know what you mean by "(online) Mission type 4". I don't know what mission you are playing.

Aviar

Multiplay, create new server, dogfight, mission type 4, dogfight 13 (summer islands)

I used an 88 for the test.. will try other planes now

edit: blew up my yak and my spit to on spawn!

stugumby
12-27-2010, 09:41 PM
tried to jettison VAP 250 from a il-2 fld mod while under attack from bf-109s online and wasnt able to jettison.

Aviar
12-27-2010, 10:09 PM

Ok, I tested this and it looks like some kind of bug. I compared the 4.09 map to the 4.10 map. They are the same except that the 4.10 version now has MDS options on the Home Base Properties tab.

My guess is that the problem may lie in the MDS. However, I could not see anything obvious in the ticked options for that map.

This should be looked into as it may very well affect other maps down the road.

**EDIT: I notice that all the AAA units on the map are 'None' Army. It's the same on the 4.09 map but could it be that 4.10 handles 'None Army' in a different way than 4.09?

Aviar

ElAurens
12-27-2010, 10:19 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned but UK-Dedicated1 has been upgraded to 4.10 and is also running FBDj and we're experiencing a few problems. The biggest of which seems to be severe warping every several minutes. Anyone else experienced that on their server?

Likely going to have to roll back to 4.09m in the short term.

I'm not a server admin so I can't provide details but I just thought I would put the question out there and see.

I've been noticing a lot more "spawn freezes" when I host with 4.10 than I got with 4.09. It's almost like the game was several years ago.

I/ZG52_Gaga
12-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Couldn't reproduce. More details please or maybe that mission file would be useful.

I made a track while i launched an MDS server with the same mission

everything was fine.

Aparently when you test the mission directly from the FMB as a sinlge player
things dodn't run so smoothly. Also FPS are lower than when i run the MDS server.

Here's the mission & working track

http://www.zg52.com/zips/4.10_MDS_&Nav_Normandie_Test_mis.rar

SkyFan
12-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Dear DT members, please put your attention to my next investigation concerning board cobe of second aircraft from second link of second squadron. It has second "5" instead "6" (please see attached image). I don't know, why so :confused:
In other links & squadrons everithing is OK.
I hope, correction is possible ;)
Best regards.

I/ZG52_Gaga
12-27-2010, 10:55 PM

Check the Track you will find out that the messages concerning me changing Beacons does not apear in sync with the instant but a lot later and just one message saying No beacon.

You can hear the exact moment when i first tune in the Beacon i need but no message on right screen.

bizare eh?

Bionde
12-27-2010, 11:13 PM
the runway lights dont work here :/

Ian Boys
12-28-2010, 12:01 AM
the runway lights dont work here :/

Did you set their nation? they work perfectly here.

Ian Boys
12-28-2010, 12:02 AM
2 new bugs:

1) Nav indicator (NDB) in TB-3 works opposite to red type indicators in all other soviet planes

2) Compass top left in Arado jet is broken.

Ferdinand
12-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Mods discussion is banned at this forum.

Qpassa
12-28-2010, 01:10 AM
I was going to say the error of runway lights but it was my mistake.
4.10 Guide mediafire mirror : +1400 downloads :P

Bionde
12-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Did you set their nation? they work perfectly here.

how?

in modify countries in properties?

i tryed there and nothing happens...:confused:

PS: i discovered what are wrong, the FMB dont save the countries, then the runway lights dont turns on when i call.

this is a bug?

sry my bad english...

indy
12-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Hi TD,
I would like to ask about another annoying usability issue. When creating a mission in simple mission builder it is rather not convenient to select a plane for each wing member. Specifically in case if you want to set the same plane. So it would be very useful if it will be possible to drag'n'drop aircrat assighnemt from one row to another.
Thanks.

Tempest123
12-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Finally got around to installing the patch, great stuff. Especially the P-51 which is much better, thanks for correcting the error, the new content is great and the G-limits and navigation make this worth the download alone.
A few small bugs that have carried over from way back, the spitfire Vc internal cockpit models are still positioned too high, above the external model, so the nose is not visible inside the cockpit and the wings are way below the cockpit. There are texture errors on the left canopy frame of several spitfires, Vc included. The P-40E has a texture error on the rear-view mirror frame, and the outer wing-damage textures for the me 210 are messed up.

-Did you guys change the AI? they act a little differently (for the better) it seems

waffen-79
12-28-2010, 04:21 AM
G Limit - Difficulty setting

support question

I already tested the feature and it looks and works awesome, But the question is

Can a server admin set the G Force Limit value as in dinamic variable?

Aviar
12-28-2010, 05:22 AM
G Limit - Difficulty setting

support question

I already tested the feature and it looks and works awesome, But the question is

Can a server admin set the G Force Limit value as in dinamic variable?

The G-force Limit is built into the code. The user cannot alter any values. You can however turn the feature on/off in the Difficulty settings (G-force Limits).

Aviar

csThor
12-28-2010, 06:58 AM
Dear DT members, please put your attention to my next investigation concerning board cobe of second aircraft from second link of second squadron. It has second "5" instead "6" (please see attached image). I don't know, why so :confused:
In other links & squadrons everithing is OK.
I hope, correction is possible ;)
Best regards.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/images/smilies/smiley_doh.gif Will be fixed. Sorry, my fault. :oops:

pop
12-28-2010, 07:18 AM
What about CRT?
Server - Windows Server 2008 R2 standart RU, 4.10_DS over clean 4.09 DS with CRT=2,
Client - Windows 7 Ultimate, 4.10_ru over clean 4.09

CRT=2 - Timeout1
CRT=1 - Timeout1

:(

csThor
12-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Unfortunately the CRT thingy is known to have issues with different OS versions between server & client. It's been this way ever since it was introduced. :(

pop
12-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Unfortunately the CRT thingy is known to have issues with different OS versions between server & client. It's been this way ever since it was introduced. :(
It's was not!
We have normally use CRT = 2 at 4.09.
Were very rare problems with clients on Windows 2000 and CRT = 2.
CRT = 1 was never caused any problems.
Now, 80% of users can not join even with a CRT = 1

baronWastelan
12-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Oil pressure guage is a useless ornament in the Hurricanes.

Aximand
12-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Hello TD, was trying to find report about that but i don't, there is mk108 gunpods on bf109g6-g6late, they not firing
Thanks.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-28-2010, 10:06 AM
That was in the fifth posting in this thread and it is confirmed to be a bug.

Genosse
12-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Genosse,

I believe that when 4.10 is installed the default for time stamps in the display filter is off. Turn it on and you should see the time stamps. (At least that was the case for me.)

Daidalos Team,
As previously mentioned, the nationalities are saved in the .mis file. However, they are not read back in when re-loading the mission in FMB. The nationalities are read back in when playing the mission. It would be great if this could be fixed in 4.11 (or sooner ;)). This is not a mod-related issue. Pure 4.10m nothing else. Could someone from TD please confirm?

Thanks much guys for the great new additions.

Oops! Stupid me ... thank you for pointing me to that, Faust. :grin:

Reading, understanding and comprehending is the key to success! :rolleyes:

Kwiatek
12-28-2010, 10:58 AM
I report that with 4.10 pilot start to blackout too fast. It is not bug but just wrong issue.
Before 4.10 it was far realistic when pilot start to blackout ( tunnel vision) not until before constant 5.5 G. In 4.10 it was changed and now pilot get tunnel vision when pass constant 5 G which is too fast.

IRL normal pilot should start to greyout at about constant 5.5-6G then tunnel vision about 5.8 -6 G.

I fly aerobatic gliders and i have not any symptoms of blackout or greyout at constans 5.0-5.5 G - not any problem with it beside feeling of heaviness your body.

I think that blackout should be back to the same like before 4.10 where it was more realistic. Now pilots start to blackout too fast and at slowier speeds.

felix_the_fat
12-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Hi Daedalos
4.10 is fantastic!
one little bug:
Fairy Fulmar damage model:
when plane is slightly damaged, or smoking, main wheels sit on top of wings!
felix

[URU]BlackFox
12-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Some members of my squad saw the red arrows as in FMB at the end of runways when connecting to a 4.10m server last night (WarbirdsofPrey).

It didn't happen to myself, but 3 guys with clean installations had that issue. I'll try to reproduce it and upload the tracks, has it happened to anyone else ?

BTW... I'm a Software developer, and i have a suggestion: To avoid discussion of some software features, in my company we have decided to make it as customizable as possible (with reasonable default settings). In that way, users can themselves correct what they believe to be wrong, and they don't complain to us so frequently. I don't even know if it's possible to do that in this game, it's just a suggestion.

Regards and many thanks for all the work that you've done with the sim. IMHO, the new implementations and ideas are very good.

Sorry for my English in case some point is not well explained.

GF_Mastiff
12-28-2010, 12:35 PM
my 1940 hurricanes have pylons on them?n evermind on this one I see the problem, you took out the MKII and only have the MKIIb, what happened to the MKIIa?

The 1939 HurricaneMKI doesn't come up in the standared list but in alphabetic list; once picked, a QMB is active it's no longer in the list.

I love the joystick optional set ups. Awesome work in the HOTAS detection system.

blowpipe
12-28-2010, 12:36 PM
RADIO question...

Yesterday my radio was working well, now it,s dead..
Checked again, all buttons up in sounds , choose blue(or red) in properties, groszdeutcher rundvunk filled with 3 wavs but no luck. Also in other mission which worked well yesterday, radio Honoloulu also dead?
Any help appreciated

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-28-2010, 01:14 PM
I think that blackout should be back to the same like before 4.10 where it was more realistic. Now pilots start to blackout too fast and at slowier speeds.

Nothing was changed to blackouts, except the texture (deleted that crispy one for a tunnel vision).

swiss
12-28-2010, 02:26 PM
1. BK3.7
The changed "aiming point"(don't know the correct expression) for BK3.7, which is way lower than before, is a bug - not a feature, right?

2. Loadouts FW190
Why do we still get the darn Rüstsatz on the belly for removing the outer FF(or even everything but the two 151) ?

Ernst
12-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Well the funny thing is as of 4.10m the bomb casing not the detonator touching something makes the differance. Also try dropping at 25m and see what happens! I can tell you absolutely nothing! At 40m the same, at 60m you can hit finally, at 70m you are dead reguardly what kind of a delay you have set, as now we know that mechanical and chemical detonators reset themselves automaticlly when not dropped at the exact right height.
I should maybe write my former instructors with whom I did my EOD training that they told us a bunch of bull about how mechanical detonators work.....
Sorry the momentary solution for skip bombing is straight out of the funny farm.

Until as i known and reading (Air Combat Manouvres) they flew very near to the deck to evade enemy fire then climb when approaching the target to release the bombs cause bombs may not explode if dropped too low. I have nothing against with the new bomb fusing. I do not understand, what is the real thing then? If it is possible to improve it in next patches it ll be very pleasant but the actual is acceptable, and think it is better than 4.09 way

But this i described above is true, pilots flying very low climbed a little to release the bombs. Instead to be complaining you must develop new tactics but maybe you are right when you speak about the bomb casing and detonators.

W32Blaster
12-28-2010, 02:51 PM
can we please have a confirmation on changing Aimpoint of BK3.7 in Bf110?!

Is this messed up by the 'schwarze Maenner', by slobbily adjusting convergence?! :cool:

Colt
12-28-2010, 03:02 PM
The A6M3 starts off on its nose on the Bougainville Map at the southern base on Bougainville Island. The A6M5 works fine. I even put down Test runway 2 and the A6M3 did it on that also. I assume it is a bug with the plane and not map.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-28-2010, 03:33 PM
can we please have a confirmation on changing Aimpoint of BK3.7 in Bf110?!

Is this messed up by the 'schwarze Maenner', by slobbily adjusting convergence?! :cool:

Confirmed - and will be fixed in next issue. ;)

gprr
12-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Hello TD and all

"Fuselage length in P-51 FM adjusted"- from 4.10 readme.

What kind of effect on P-51 FM, will it have ?

Thanks alot
GP

_RAAF_Furball
12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Could I please have an official reply to CRT=2 and CRT=1 not allowing players to join a server? (see pages 2, 10, 16 & 17)

thank you

AndyJWest
12-28-2010, 03:55 PM
The consensus seems to be that P-51s are a bit more stable now - this makes it a better gun platform too. Possibly the FM change effectively moved the CoG slightly forward. I've only tried it briefly though, perhaps a regular pony pilot could give their opinion?

swiss
12-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Confirmed - and will be fixed in next issue. ;)

what about the addition of the rüstsatz in exchange for removing board weapons?

Colt
12-28-2010, 04:14 PM
The A6M3 starts off on its nose on the Bougainville Map at the southern base on Bougainville Island. The A6M5 works fine. I even put down Test runway 2 and the A6M3 did it on that also. I assume it is a bug with the plane and not map.

I did further test on this and I am not sure what the problem is. I built a test map out of the August 1942 Solomon map, same one I used in mission, and the A6M3 worked fine in it. I went back to the mission I built and switched out the A6M3 for the A6M5 and the A6M5 started out on it nose too, after having worked before. So I am not sure its a bug or mission just got corrupt somehow. Sorry for waste of your time.:(

Kwiatek
12-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Nothing was changed to blackouts, except the texture (deleted that crispy one for a tunnel vision).

Hmm i checked both 4.09 and 4.10 with G guage and noticed that in 4.09 pilot start to blackout at constant 5.5 G but in 4.10 it start to tunnel vision when pass constant 5.0 G. It looks that pilot in 4.10 start to have tunel vision ( start to blackout) ab. 0.5 G earlier then in 4.09.

But i will check it more.

Bionde
12-28-2010, 04:31 PM
here the FMB dont save the countries to the base...

help:confused:

TinyTim
12-28-2010, 04:45 PM
Bug report:

BK 3,7 cannon on Bf 110 G-2/R1 is not shooting straight ahead but rather a few degrees downwards. This is wrong, here's a capture from Bf 110 G-2 manual:

http://www.shrani.si/f/1/lw/mw5MPrQ/bk-37.jpg

(Whole manual can be found here: Bf 110 G-2/R1 Flugzeug-Handbuch (http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/b/Bordwaffen/Bordkanonen/Bordkanone%203,7%20cm/Text/Bf%20110%20G-2-R%20Teil%208%20A/Bf%20110%20G-2-R%20Teil%208%20A.pdf))

By the way, this error already appeared back when Bf 110 G-2 was introduced into the sim, but was fixed in the next patches.

Azimech
12-28-2010, 04:47 PM
That's already reported a whole lot of pages ago. Still, nice graph.

santobr
12-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Is there a chance of a only bugs correction version before 4.11m?;)

Thank you.

santobr.

GF_Mastiff
12-28-2010, 04:59 PM
my 1940 hurricanes have pylons on them? nevermind on this one I see the problem, you took out the MKII and only have the MKIIb, what happened to the MKIIa?

The 1939 HurricaneMKI doesn't come up in the standared list but in alphabetic list; once picked, a QMB is active it's no longer in the list.

I love the joystick optional set ups. Awesome work in the HOTAS detection system.

bumped with love for the hurricane.

Tempest123
12-28-2010, 05:10 PM
The consensus seems to be that P-51s are a bit more stable now - this makes it a better gun platform too. Possibly the FM change effectively moved the CoG slightly forward. I've only tried it briefly though, perhaps a regular pony pilot could give their opinion?

The yaw instability is fixed, and the pitch sensitivity is fixed as well, which IMHO caused most of the other problems. Not sure if DT made any other changes besides the fus. length. Generally feels proper now, and aiming is better as a result, the .50's are more effective. Maybe T}{OR could weigh in, but it feels right to me.

gprr
12-28-2010, 05:29 PM
The yaw instability is fixed, and the pitch sensitivity is fixed as well, which IMHO caused most of the other problems. Not sure if DT made any other changes besides the fus. length. Generally feels proper now, and aiming is better as a result, the .50's are more effective. Maybe T}{OR could weigh in, but it feels right to me.

Thanks for posting.

Flying the P-51D-NT,gives me also, feel of an improved handling:grin:

GP

GF_Mastiff
12-28-2010, 05:33 PM
something must be wrong with the IL2.exe
I'm hitting 882 mb in the load and the game starts to slide show.
after about 45 min of play single player berrserbia.
thats the only one I have tested so far I'm wondering if it the stats?

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
12-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Could I please have an official reply to CRT=2 and CRT=1 not allowing players to join a server? (see pages 2, 10, 16 & 17)

Confirmed as a bug, can happen at special circumstances.

FC99
12-28-2010, 06:14 PM
my 1940 hurricanes have pylons on them?n evermind on this one Like they always had.

I see the problem, you took out the MKII and only have the MKIIb, what happened to the MKIIa?
MkIIa was never in game.

The 1939 HurricaneMKI doesn't come up in the standared list but in alphabetic list;
It comes at same place as always , it is just among Axis planes, AFAIK it represent Finnish version or something like that and that is the reason why it's there.

once picked, a QMB is active it's no longer in the list.
Please, rephrase this because I don't have a slightest clue what are you trying to say.

FC

Flanker35M
12-28-2010, 06:26 PM
S!

The Hurricane Mk.I in IL-2 should be same for RAF too, not axis only. Has the Merlin III engine, metal covered wing instead of fabric covered one etc.

GF_Mastiff
12-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Like they always had.

MkIIa was never in game.

It comes at same place as always , it is just among Axis planes, AFAIK it represent Finnish version or something like that and that is the reason why it's there.

Please, rephrase this because I don't have a slightest clue what are you trying to say.

FC

The 1939 HurricaneMKI doesn't come up in the standared list but in alphabetic list; once picked or saved in a QMB and loaded it's no longer in the list to choose from.

It is a RAF plane why would it not be where its supposed to be?

pupo162
12-28-2010, 06:53 PM
the reason was explained in the fb manual, when it was introduced:

thsi plane was introduced in the game for a scenario were the hurricane flue fo rthe "blue" team. back i nthe day there was not even a RAF in the game. as such this plane was putted in the axis pot of aircraift.

MadBlaster
12-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi. I don't if this is a bug or intentional with the addition of the new 2 second delay. I can't seem to skip a bomb on land anymore. The bomb just melts into the landscape and explodes. Am I doing something wrong? Btw, I can skip bombing on water with the new 2 second restriction, no problem. So it seems like skip bombing is now restricted to water? Thanks.

Sven
12-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Hi. I don't if this is a bug or intentional with the addition of the new 2 second delay. I can't seem to skip a bomb on land anymore. The bomb just melts into the landscape and explodes. Am I doing something wrong? Btw, I can skip bombing on water with the new 2 second restriction, no problem. So it seems like skip bombing is now restricted to water? Thanks.

There's a topic about that running ever since 4.10 came out, it's called "Bomb fuses need to be an option" you can find all your answers there.

Bionde
12-28-2010, 10:06 PM
mds not save any country to a base

someone can help?

BlueLion
12-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Opening the command window (also written into log) it shows

"MIRROR NETINPUT: 83"

The values differ. What does this mean?

BL

MadBlaster
12-28-2010, 11:06 PM
I've read through that thread. I'm not finding what I'm after. If someone from Team Diadalos could tell me if the game coding in 4.1 with the 2 second fusing allows for skip bombing land targets or not? If it doesn't, that is fine. Just don't want to spend hours trying to do something that may be impossible to do. If it is or isn't, I'm sure you have your reasons. Thanks.

Aviar
12-28-2010, 11:12 PM
I've read through that thread. I'm not finding what I'm after. If someone from Team Diadalos could tell me if the game coding in 4.1 with the 2 second fusing allows for skip bombing land targets or not? If it doesn't, that is fine. Just don't want to spend hours trying to do something that may be impossible to do. If it is or isn't, I'm sure you have your reasons. Thanks.

Yes, you can skip-bomb on land. You must be doing something wrong.

Aviar

MadBlaster
12-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Okay, thanks for reply.

Kye
12-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I think there is an issue with the compass' (compai?) on the MkVIII spit.

The one on the panel only seems to have a quarter of it, and doesn't rotate, and the compass behind the stick doesn't rotate.

Bionde
12-28-2010, 11:58 PM
damn, only me have problems in the FMB?

Feathered_IV
12-29-2010, 12:29 AM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=4142&d=1293206600

I can confirm that too.

Bionde
12-29-2010, 12:41 AM
???

ignore the markings