PDA

View Full Version : 4.10 Support & Bug Reporting

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Romanator21
01-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks DT for the great patch!

I tried to go through the whole thread, but I gave up at about half-way. I hope that I haven't repeated anything here.

- In the Bf-109 G-6 the gun blisters now obstruct my field of view. It's as if they are bigger than before, at least from the cockpit view.

- The Ju-88 Torp (and maybe others) behaves strangely upon entering the water. If I try to ditch, it pops up like a cork and somersaults in the air at some 20-30 meters! Then it falls and sinks rapidly enough to kill my pilot instantly.

GF_Mastiff
01-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Hi guys I saw only one thing lacking in the Stats page.

Sorte's

Polevka2010
01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Bf-109 only

Tempest123
01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Nah I think he means something which has been mentioned many times before in this thread, that is when you switch to AI or something that the engines will catch fire.

Yeah thanks, I knew about the acceleration limit, that was realistic. This is a different issue, whenever I start a mission with a German jet (Russian jets are okay) on the ground, (tried the 262, Go-229 wing thing, and the he-162) one or both engines catch fire shortly after starting (with the throttle at idle), this also happens is autopilot is engaged. I'll have to check this thread if other people had the same problem.

ataribaby
01-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Nah I think he means something which has been mentioned many times before in this thread, that is when you switch to AI or something that the engines will catch fire.

I think its linked to bug i reported 3 threads back about me-163 komet unable to takeoff under player AP on. It constantly on/off throttle so it cant get sufficient speed to takeoff. I can imagine that sudden on/off can cause fire on me-262.

Corsican Corsair
01-05-2011, 11:27 PM
In realistic navigation mode, I found 3 bugs:

Go 229 - AFN-2 indicator does not work but you can heard the beacon sound.
Ar 234 - the circular compass rose rotates but the setting is not displayed in HUD during rotation.
Do 335 V13 - The repeater compass does not work correctly, inverted bearing and plane icon does not rotate during compass rose setting.

Best regards.

Hogey
01-06-2011, 01:18 AM
I created a map in the Hawaii area, included japanese and american carriers and destroyers, as well as Radio Honolulu.
The japanese a/c (A6M2-21 and D3A1) can home in on the japanese carriers NDB and Radio Honolulu (just noise, but no radio transmissions due to distance).
The american a/c (F4F-3 and SBD-3) based on carriers do not get any ship based radio nav beacons, only Radio Honolulu (just noise, but no radio transmissions due to distance).

Romanator21
01-06-2011, 02:49 AM
I was messing around some more, and I've noticed that there are a lot more aircraft with the "ghost-prop" since 4.09. It's not a big deal, but it's now impossible to prop-munch the guys in my formation :grin:

There is also clipping with the Hs-129 wheels and terrain.

RAF_Ddave
01-06-2011, 02:51 AM
S!

Not sure if someone has already found this or not. Using the map Sands of Time, a scenery I built using Stationary Ships Test Runway 4 as an invisable ramp area for a runway I created is invisable in 4.09 and allows ground textures to be seen ( desert floor) but in 4.10 it shows up as red and you cannot see ground textures underneath. 1st pic is 4.09, 2nd pic is same scenery in 4.10.

Thanks for the great work guys, your efforts are MUCH appreciated.

RAF_Ddave
RAF662

SkyFan
01-06-2011, 07:46 AM
Dear DT members, please put into account the situation shown in attached image.
The 4th aircraff from 4th link of 2nd squadron has second "15" instead "16".
Just noted casually.
Best regards.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-06-2011, 10:18 AM
S!

Not sure if someone has already found this or not. Using the map Sands of Time, a scenery I built using Stationary Ships Test Runway 4 as an invisable ramp area for a runway I created is invisable in 4.09 and allows ground textures to be seen ( desert floor) but in 4.10 it shows up as red and you cannot see ground textures underneath. 1st pic is 4.09, 2nd pic is same scenery in 4.10.

RAF_Ddave
RAF662

That is confirmed and already fixed for interim patch. Thanks anyway!

Dear DT members, please put into account the situation shown in attached image.
The 4th aircraff from 4th link of 2nd squadron has second "15" instead "16".
Just noted casually.
Best regards.

Thanks, forwarded.

csThor
01-06-2011, 10:26 AM
That's already fixed. :cool:

150GCT_Veltro
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
@Caspar.
Please check the Mk.IX loadout for 250lb. One bomb is missed (also in game not only in arming).
I don't remember now excatly wich version, but L.F. is broken for sure (HF should work fine).

My apologies if it has been yet posted.

Hogey
01-06-2011, 11:33 AM
When in the arming screen and choosing the airforce nationality "none" then the voice comm (with the tower, etc) is always in russian. Is there a way to change this ?
(add. info: game runs in german)

TheGrunch
01-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Has something changed about track playback? Aircraft motion in tracks seems very robotic and jerky.

Ian Boys
01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Hell no :) Keep it in Russian please :)

Ian Boys
01-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I created a map in the Hawaii area, included japanese and american carriers and destroyers, as well as Radio Honolulu.
The japanese a/c (A6M2-21 and D3A1) can home in on the japanese carriers NDB and Radio Honolulu (just noise, but no radio transmissions due to distance).
The american a/c (F4F-3 and SBD-3) based on carriers do not get any ship based radio nav beacons, only Radio Honolulu (just noise, but no radio transmissions due to distance).

That's right. The Japanese carriers have NDB but the Americans have the YE system as per the 4.10m documentation. The YE system works perfectly.

Ian Boys
01-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Another 4.10 bug with me-163 komet. Player AP is unable to take off. it constantly on/off engine and just ride on ground. in 4.09 all ok. AI AP is ok.

Why on earth use autopilot in the Komet. Hit the GO lever and go!

[URU]BlackFox
01-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Has something changed about track playback? Aircraft motion in tracks seems very robotic and jerky.

I've checked only tracks made with 4.10 (both online and offline) and it works fine for me. Maybe there's a compatibility issue with older tracks...

TheGrunch
01-06-2011, 01:43 PM
BlackFox;209992']I've checked only tracks made with 4.10 (both online and offline) and it works fine for me. Maybe there's a compatibility issue with older tracks...
Perhaps that's it. Although I noticed it with this track (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/4401092109) as well.

ataribaby
01-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Why on earth use autopilot in the Komet. Hit the GO lever and go!

Ugh what? isnt this thread for reporting bugs? Isnt this bug? Inst this indicating something is porked in code for player AP ?

TheGrunch
01-06-2011, 02:29 PM
I have noticed the manifold pressure gauge flicking between two values very quickly when autopilot is enabled, when I was flying the Wildcat. That sort of thing could definitely cause the fire issue in the 262 and the engine switching between on and off in the Komet.

ZaltysZ
01-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I have noticed the manifold pressure gauge flicking between two values very quickly when autopilot is enabled, when I was flying the Wildcat. That sort of thing could definitely cause the fire issue in the 262 and the engine switching between on and off in the Komet.

Or maybe you were at altitude, at which supercharger needs to be switched and AP could not make its mind to what gear it needed to switch.

TheGrunch
01-06-2011, 02:51 PM
That's a good point. :) More investigation needed.

Hogey
01-06-2011, 03:33 PM
When in the arming screen and choosing the airforce nationality "none" then the voice comm (with the tower, etc) is always in russian. Is there a way to change this ?
(add. info: game runs in german)

Hell no :) Keep it in Russian please :)

I fly lots of aircraft with custom skins (markings included), so I have to choose airforce "none" in order to not get the nationality markings (supplied by the game) on top of the custom skin and markings painted onto the a/c. It's pretty annoying when flying a custom painted german plane but getting russian voice comms.
In my 4.09m version game it was german language assigned to "none".
So there must be a way to change it.
I would appreciate infos about a way to change this and/or suggest a switch to customize this in the next patch !

SUP / Revan
01-06-2011, 03:46 PM
Hallo everyone - this thread labels as "support" other than simply debugging so - not willing to thread a new one - here's my dilemma

Macchis MC202s later than XI serie sported both 50, 100 or even 160kg bombs under each wing or seldomly used droppable 100/150 liters tanks.

There's plentiful of historical data and photos out there.
This could prove very much useful 'specially on north africa and tunisia loc given the large number of trucks, ammo depots etc etc etc - and for my squad too, we're not willing to trade historical realism over efficiency ;) - 320 kgs aint' no small payload.

Who should I ask? It should be an easy job, given the pre-existency of the racks feature on the mc200Fb

thanks for your attention folks - if needed i'll open a standalone thread

HarryM
01-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I fly lots of aircraft with custom skins (markings included), so I have to choose airforce "none" in order to not get the nationality markings (supplied by the game) on top of the custom skin and markings painted onto the a/c. It's pretty annoying when flying a custom painted german plane but getting russian voice comms.
In my 4.09m version game it was german language assigned to "none".
So there must be a way to change it.
I would appreciate infos about a way to change this and/or suggest a switch to customize this in the next patch !

You know there is a "Markings On/Off" switch under plane setup, right?

SUP / Revan
01-06-2011, 03:58 PM
*unwanted duplicate please delete*

Polevka2010
01-06-2011, 04:48 PM
S!

RAF_Ddave
RAF662

Similarly, map of Crimea

Simply strips above water and ground

ElAurens
01-06-2011, 05:41 PM
You know there is a "Markings On/Off" switch under plane setup, right?

Not in multiplayer there isn't. That's only in the QMB.

HarryM
01-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Not in multiplayer there isn't. That's only in the QMB.

Ah, thought it was there also. I do remember people being admonished for not having markings on in servers, maybe something is changed or I'm not remembering correctly.

MD_Titus
01-06-2011, 07:40 PM
use country none for online without markings, but the problem is, if in a german (or anything none-russian) plane, the ground control is russian.

Ian Boys
01-06-2011, 09:47 PM
well obviously they have to choose some language ....

Hawker17
01-06-2011, 09:55 PM
When i open "Crimea" map in FMB and just zoom in (not enter), the FMB freezes after a while. Need to do a hard reset on the pc.

I tested the same map in 4.09m and no problems with freezing.

Hope this can be solved.

Pershing
01-07-2011, 08:23 PM
IL2SC 2.02 (genadich's commander) do not operate correctly with targets if there are some moving units (ships, tanks etc.) on the dogfight map.
I can watch a message 'Exeption rised [time] 'HMSPoWBB,1' is not a valid floating point value'. After the message command '<targets' shows no targets on map. That means, I'm afraid, that all servers under IL2SC 2.02 cannot operate correctly with MDS units.

wildwillie
01-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I have a Dedicated Server running 4.10 and we are experiencing problems when the player count goes above 60 players. We routinely have 75 to 80+ players in during evening Euro time. Players will start to lag and get stutters to the point where players are getting kicked by the server. Also the server will eventually crash with the following in the console:

"No stack trace available --out of memory error" or similar wording

Any Ideas ?

WildWillie

Romanator21
01-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Hi DT, a couple other bugs I've noticed:

- There is an "airbrake" on the new Ju-88 torp. The HUD message appears and a "click" sound is made, but obviously, there are no airbrakes on that version :)

- There is a bug with the engine instruments on the Hs-129. When the engine is damaged, the instruments will sometimes disappear. I assume they are meant to be replaced with a "damaged" texture in a similar manner to the cockpit instruments.

- The readme mentioned a fix for the ammo count in the IAR 80 if I recall correctly. However, it doesn't seem to be any different from before.

wildwillie
01-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Pershing -

I would not expect IL2 SC to work well with 4.10 as they have changed some of the console command formats, have new difficulty settings, and now SC would have to accomodate xx_Chiefs in the mission file as well as xx_Static objects. FBDj is the controller most are using these days.

K_Freddie
01-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Not sure whether this has been mentioned..wrt HS-129.

I'm not sure of the engine technicalities of this plane but I noticed that both engines 'stalled' under negative Gs.. OK - it must have carb engines.

Now and interesting thing is that when you roll the plane, you'd expect the one engine to stall, as it is in effect undergoing negative G in the roll - This doesn't happen.

I've never flown on twins (or more engines) - would this happen in RL ?

Tolwyn
01-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Depends upon how you do your roll. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOZEgKXJMCE

I'm not sure of the engine technicalities of this plane but I noticed that both engines 'stalled' under negative Gs.. OK - it must have carb engines.

Now and interesting thing is that when you roll the plane, you'd expect the one engine to stall, as it is in effect undergoing negative G in the roll - This doesn't happen.

LynX_SPb
01-07-2011, 10:49 PM
All early Spitfires, includind Spitfire Vb, received engine cut-out during negative-g maneuvers, similar to Hurricane Mk. I, but they have an makeshift solution to this at 1941 -- Miss Tilly Orifice -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilly_orifice

"While not solving the problem fully, the restrictor, along with modifications to the needle valve, permitted pilots to perform quick negative g manoeuvres without loss of engine power, removing the annoying drawback the British fighters had had in comparison to the German Messerschmitt Bf 109 machine, which was equipped with fuel injection. Miss Shilling with a small team travelled around the countryside in early 1941 fitting the restrictors, giving priority to front-line units."

kennel
01-08-2011, 03:23 AM
The HS 129B2 is recognised as a red plane when trying to make this plane as flyable in DGEN.

Letum
01-08-2011, 04:10 AM

It would have to be a seriously violent roll. I'm not sure it's possibly to roll fast enough to sent one engine into -G.

swiss
01-08-2011, 04:22 AM
t I noticed that both engines 'stalled' under negative Gs.. OK - it must have carb engines.

Reduce throttle, no more stall.

LynX_SPb
01-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Reduce throttle, no more stall.

All early Spitfires, includind Spitfire Vb, received engine cut-out during negative-g maneuvers, similar to Hurricane Mk. I, but they have an makeshift solution to this at 1941 -- Miss Tilly Orifice -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilly_orifice

"While not solving the problem fully, the restrictor, along with modifications to the needle valve, permitted pilots to perform quick negative g manoeuvres without loss of engine power, removing the annoying drawback the British fighters had had in comparison to the German Messerschmitt Bf 109 machine, which was equipped with fuel injection. Miss Shilling with a small team travelled around the countryside in early 1941 fitting the restrictors, giving priority to front-line units."

The_Jester
01-08-2011, 07:06 AM
S!

RAF_Ddave
RAF662

Thanks. I've been trying to figure out how to do screenshots for awhile.

This has really been bugging me for some time, but the Yak-15 was powered by Junkers Jumo 004Bs, shouldn't these catch on fire if you throttle up too quickly?

gprr
01-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Hello TD and all

Before 4.10, use to trim Spits, mainly to the right (with the propeller clockwise way of rotating).
Now have to mainly trim them to the left while the propeller still turns clockwise.

I new that only Griphon Spits have their propeller work against the clock(and Tempest) even so, ingame we still have to trim Tempest to the right.

So,Spit trim changed/"corrected" ?
Does,Tempst trim needs to be corrected ?

Thanks
GP

Gourmand
01-08-2011, 11:42 AM
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1543/grab0007.png

you should integrate the large screen mod ! we have 1920*1200 res now !
and a bug for Propeller pitch ( Pas d'hélice ) with a hotas command ( roulette button) remain to {0} and not show the %

the open bomb bay key doesn't work ( it's automatically open when drop bomb ) to bad for me

=XIII=Wedge
01-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Hello TD and all

Before 4.10, use to trim Spits, mainly to the right (with the propeller clockwise way of rotating).
Now have to mainly trim them to the left while the propeller still turns clockwise.

I new that only Griphon Spits have their propeller work against the clock(and Tempest) even so, ingame we still have to trim Tempest to the right.

So,Spit trim changed/"corrected" ?
Does,Tempst trim needs to be corrected ?

Thanks
GP

"Transition from Merlin-engined to Griffon-engined Spitfires caused some problems for pilots.

The most common problem was caused by the fact that the Griffon's crankshaft rotated in the opposite direction to that of the Merlin.

This caused the propeller to rotate in the opposite direction (counter-clockwise when observed from the rear, instead of clockwise), resulting in the aircraft tending to swing to the right when takeoff power was applied, instead of the usual swing to the left, which pilots expected from previous experience.

Pilots had to learn to apply left (port) rudder trim on take-off instead of the right (starboard) rudder trim they were used to applying."

JG53Frankyboy
01-08-2011, 01:42 PM
the open bomb bay key doesn't work ( it's automatically open when drop bomb ) to bad for me
Actually, Manual bombbaydoors were never part of any official gameversion. It always was a MOD.

SturmKreator
01-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Guys of Team Daydalos, I would to ask: if you could fix the gunner snipers like american planes, b-17, b-24 are to hard to destroy becouse the gunners shoot you at 1000 meters and he all the time impact in your engine or kill your pilot, I know how the gunners kill pilots in the reality but in this game is to much far away

[URU]BlackFox
01-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Some static ships respawn right after they are destroyed, in single player mode or coops (haven't tested Dogfight since i don't make missions for that mode). It has happened particularly with landing crafts and pilots.

The same missions work fine in 4.09. What's destroyed remains destroyed, as it should.

I attached a mission where this is happening. Please have a look at this for it's a major bug for us missionbuilders.

Aviar
01-08-2011, 06:58 PM
BlackFox;210535']Some static ships respawn right after they are destroyed, in single player mode or coops (haven't tested Dogfight since i don't make missions for that mode). It has happened particularly with landing crafts and pilots.

The same missions work fine in 4.09. What's destroyed remains destroyed, as it should.

I attached a mission where this is happening. Please have a look at this for it's a major bug for us missionbuilders.

Confirmed. It's not all Stationary ship types (obviously I did not check them all) but some respawn right away...like the two US Landing Craft. It may just be the 'small' ship types, but TD needs to look into it to find out for sure. The two large supply ships and the Japanese DD's seemed ok. (These are considered 'big' ships.)

Aviar

Flanker35M
01-08-2011, 07:30 PM
S!

Flew on Spits vs 109 and map changed. After choosing side again, the previous map planes were shown in the arming screen. Just clicked Apply with the selection I had, went back and the list was updated.

maxwellbest
01-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Have 4.10. Using Track IR 3 Pro with Track IR 4 software. Win 7 home 64 bit. Despite the software working well when not in game, testing using view heads etc, when in game I press the hotkey to centre, nothing happens. Can look around but not centre. Have changed hotkeys but to no avail. Anyone else with this issue. Note that it all worked fine with 409.

Thanks

Flanker35M
01-08-2011, 08:30 PM
S!

I mapped the centering to a unused stick button and that seems to work.

SUP / Revan
01-09-2011, 09:56 AM
http://img16.imageshack.us/i/grab0001z.jpg/
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6683/grab0001z.jpg
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6683/grab0001z.jpg

online playing_that's a red runaway, good as a tennis court ;) not sure if this wasn't intentional

Fenice_1965
01-09-2011, 12:14 PM
I exeprienced the know problem of red lines on the map using runways from 4 up.
Also I have the same problem others had about airports
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17766&page=45.
If I put airports in other positions other than sea or built in places I'm no more able to use that, since the dedicated server sees them as airstarts. No way to take off from ground. Strange is that if I start the map by myself creating a server on the stock game (not dedicated server) I can start from the ground (don't know what happens. Also I put a test Runway from 4 up over the sea and this is not seen by the server. I'm attaching the map so u can see it.
Everything stock 4.10 from game to server no mods.
Thx for your work anyway. Can't wait Do 217 and g55 flyable.
S

Ian Boys
01-09-2011, 12:46 PM
New bug report:

When using the standard Lorenz and the Messer G-14 I get the outer and inner beacon tones but no red light on the AFN.

Takeoffer
01-09-2011, 01:36 PM
If I put airports in other positions other than sea or built in places I'm no more able to use that, since the dedicated server sees them as airstarts. No way to take off from ground. Strange is that if I start the map by myself creating a server on the stock game (not dedicated server) I can start from the ground (don't know what happens.

I confirm. This bug with "Test Runways" has appeared with a patch 4.10m
(in the version 4.09m all work fine).

With the version 4.10m now there is no possibility to take off from the ground. All connected players throws up in air if under the centre of "Test Runway" there is no water.

This is network bug. I can start from the ground only in offline (start the map by myself creating a server). But all players, that connected to 4.10m server, will start from air (for all "Test Runways" placed on ground, on ice, on road, but not water). Only one way to pass this bug is to place center of "Test Runways" over water.

This is also true for dedicated server. Probably there are a incompatibility between client side 4.10m and server side 4.10m (unworked "CheckRunTime=2" also allows to speak about incompatibility beetween 4.10m client and 4.10m server).

Does anybody know how to create worked airfields placed on the ground with 4.10m? :confused:
How to forbid start in air? Any option does not help. Only rollback to 4.09m...

Ian Boys
01-09-2011, 01:45 PM
New bug report:

When using the standard Lorenz and the Messer G-14 I get the outer and inner beacon tones but no red light on the AFN.

After further testing: works fine on G6, broken on G14.

JG52Uther
01-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Compass on Stuka B2,D3 and D5.There is a red dotted line to the left of the compass,that moves around as you move the compass.Not noticed it on other LW planes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/th_stuka.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/?action=view&current=stuka.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/th_stuka2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v299/JG52Uther/?action=view&current=stuka2.jpg)

maxwellbest
01-09-2011, 07:41 PM
I mapped the centering to a unused stick button and that seems to work.

Thanks for that, yes that worked.

RAF_Birseye
01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
S!
The ILS Object in the Single Missions/US/B25 Blind landing Mission is in the wrong place.
As it is sited if you follow the Glide path accurately you will impact the ground short of the threshold (CFIT = Controlled Flight Into Terrain).
The object needs to be a distance of about .6km upwind of the upwind end of the runway on the extended centre line to get the GS intersecting the ground a safe distance into the runway.
The airfiield in the mission has an elevation of 100ft/20M and is on level terrain. If , however, there is uneven terrain upwind of the runway then trial and error may be needed to place the ILS object or, as in R/L, an ILS approach to that runway may be impossible to build.

Runway Lights, Light Type 4 ( Bright White ) seems plenty bright enough.
The runway light switching system works realistically for WW2 type fighter fields
where all you would have would be runway edge and end lighting and possibly a couple of lead in lights. Overfly the field at 1000ft/300M and as you pass overhead request the lights on. As you go downwind the lights will come on and remain on long enough to land and roll out. You should be fairly close in to the field ( wingtip tracking the runway) ans type 4 lights are plenty bright enough for this.
The system does not work for full instrument approaches ( NDB, Lorentz,ILS).
These start 4nm or 3KM out from the field and currently you cannot request the lights at this distance.
Also it requires time to transition from instrument to visual flight successfully so you need to be able to see the lights from Decision Height ( 200ft above the field)and they have to be visible further out than that in case the aircraft is low.
For the practice mission that I have written the instrument approach/runway lights are permanently on. It would be nice to have a second method of switching them on/off say like the Tab/8/6= runway lights on eg: Tab/8/? = instrument approach Runway lights on ( Which would switch them on further out with the same off trigger for landing),

RAF_Birdseye

_RAAF_Smouch
01-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Not sure if it's a bug or not but I have noticed that you can not select the Swordfish as a recon plane.

If this has been reported before then sorry for the double posting.

Cheers

Aviar
01-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Not sure if it's a bug or not but I have noticed that you can not select the Swordfish as a recon plane.

If this has been reported before then sorry for the double posting.

Cheers

Not a bug. The Swordfish is not flyable.

Aviar

_RAAF_Smouch
01-09-2011, 11:14 PM
So you can only use the flyable planes as recon planes?

Could this be fixed, because I think the Swordfish could be a reasonable recon platform?

1.JaVA_Sharp
01-10-2011, 09:28 AM
after finally getting my stuff in order I've noticed the following

left/right engine selection: Keyboard selection is changed around so if I select the left engine I get the right engine. Fix is within the game itsself namely, selecting engines 1 and 2.

peculiar thing while ground strafing in a quick mission: in a Mk V with 2 20mm I put a single burst of fire into a Heinkel and watched it blow up. I find this rather peculiar.

the rather unstable FM of the 4 20mm MKVc desert Spit.

Ian Boys
01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Bf-110G - the lights for the gear EIN/AUS are the wrong way around. (i.e. in wrong place).

jameson
01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
In a 109, number 4 on runway at beginning of misson, 2nd one? in fighter campaign. Asked for permission to take off, tab,8,5, got reply 'you are clear to take off', so hit throttle and crash into number 3, (as expected BTW).

I cannot recall this happening in 4.09, possible bug? I always ask, as the ground controller tells you what your number is, which is useful if you fly with no external views.

bigbossmalone
01-10-2011, 03:40 PM
hi TD guys!
firstly, many thanks for some really innovative features with the new patch! good stuff!
my little bug report is about the Fulmar's....i haven't seen this mentioned, if it is already noted, i apologise...
in several tests, i've found that the Fulmar with a bombload and more than 70% fuel, simply cannot take off.....or, at least, in any given flight, the lead Fulmar usually manages to take off, but the second (and, subsequently, the rest) seems unable to build up any forward momentum...it just sits there, revving its motors, and maybe managing to inch forward at a snail's pace, but cannot build up any speed...
70% and less fuel is okay, they will take off, but anything over 70% and it's a no-go.
it also appears on some maps as if the tail-wheel is sitting under the ground, as if the tail is actually resting on the ground. perhaps this has something to do with the issue.
hoping this can be addressed at some point.
cheers

Fafnir_6
01-10-2011, 10:17 PM
hi TD guys!
firstly, many thanks for some really innovative features with the new patch! good stuff!
my little bug report is about the Fulmar's....i haven't seen this mentioned, if it is already noted, i apologise...
in several tests, i've found that the Fulmar with a bombload and more than 70% fuel, simply cannot take off.....or, at least, in any given flight, the lead Fulmar usually manages to take off, but the second (and, subsequently, the rest) seems unable to build up any forward momentum...it just sits there, revving its motors, and maybe managing to inch forward at a snail's pace, but cannot build up any speed...
70% and less fuel is okay, they will take off, but anything over 70% and it's a no-go.
it also appears on some maps as if the tail-wheel is sitting under the ground, as if the tail is actually resting on the ground. perhaps this has something to do with the issue.
cheers

I remember seeing this in a conflict with a certain carrier take-off mod prior to 4.10's release, using the beta Fulmar. It is interesting if the problem is also present in a 4.10 stock install. I wonder what the fix would be. In any case, I will attempt to replicate this in 4.10 stock when I get home from work.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Aviar
01-10-2011, 11:10 PM
hi TD guys!
cheers

Can you put the mission in a zip file and post it here please?

Aviar

Thrud
01-11-2011, 02:50 AM
Pic 1 is expected result, pic 2 is actual result.

a strange light texture was used under all the runway plates that's not consistant with the source textures sent, time of year, and amount of rainfall and vegetation present.

pics taken from Solomon Oct 42 map (fighter 1, Henderson)

also note Tulagi is visible in one but not the other (most likely a config.ini thing on my part)

bigbossmalone
01-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Can you put the mission in a zip file and post it here please?

Aviar

Aviar, it's not just a specific mission, mate - i've tried it in several scenarios with the same result - in one of my tests, the second Fulmar actually did manage to take off, but the third not. for all other tests, the results were as my first post.
i thought it might have something to do with altitude above sea level, but i had the same result at sea level, as well as at a higher level.
nevertheless, i have been informed by TD member that the problem has already been addressed, and fixed for the upcoming patch fix.

BadgerSmedly
01-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Tally Ho!

Thanks TD for a great patch!

In the FoW settings the Blue Recon AC list doesn't include the Fw-189.

Apols if this has already been raised.

Toodles

Badger

indy
01-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Hey TD!
Can you please add a feature to the 4.101 or to 4.11. For the windows in advanced mission editor to remeber it sizes after they was adjusted. by defaulkt windows are too small.

Aviar
01-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Tally Ho!

Thanks TD for a great patch!

In the FoW settings the Blue Recon AC list doesn't include the Fw-189.

Apols if this has already been raised.

Toodles

Badger

The Fw-189 is not a flyable plane.

*Look at all the available recon planes. They are all flyable. There are no AI-only planes.

Aviar

Ala13_Kokakolo
01-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi guys, nice patch but i got a problem,

I got a saitek s65f with double throttle and the right throttle does not work with il2. It is not recognised as a slider, it looks like it has two positions only. This joy works fine with games like fsx. Is there any way to make it work? cheers.

Romanator21
01-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Hi DT,

The engines of the Hs-129 cannot match these parameters from the engine handbook:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/Photo%20references/14.jpg

In Il-2 the max RPMs possible are about 2700. Setting pressure to 1.1 ATA give RPMs of only 2000 max.

According to Azimech:

Startleistung = Take Off
Steig- und Kampfflugleistung = Climb and Combat Power
Höchstzulässige Dauerleistung = Max Continious Power
Höchstsparleistung = Economy Cruise

dauernd = continious
Ladedruck = manifold pressure
Drehzahl = RPM
PS= horsepower

Full manual is here:

http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/index-englisch.htm

Type Gnome-Rhone in the search box on the right, and the document PDF should be the first result.

The_Jester
01-12-2011, 02:03 AM
1. The Tube sight is not centered, the shots stray left, even while shooting with chocks in.
2. How do you use the Iron sights?

Aviar
01-12-2011, 06:48 AM
Aviar, it's not just a specific mission, mate - i've tried it in several scenarios with the same result - in one of my tests, the second Fulmar actually did manage to take off, but the third not. for all other tests, the results were as my first post.
i thought it might have something to do with altitude above sea level, but i had the same result at sea level, as well as at a higher level.
nevertheless, i have been informed by TD member that the problem has already been addressed, and fixed for the upcoming patch fix.

That's strange. I just placed 4 Fulmars with 100% fuel and bombs on the HMS Illustrious and they all took off just fine. That's why I was wondering just exactly what mission you were having problems with.

Aviar

JoeA
01-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Tried searching and think I know the answer but wondering what happens to campaigns started prior to installing 4.10 concerning difficulty options? Would really like to fly them with the new options like aircraft stress and realistic pilots etc.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi DT,

The engines of the Hs-129 cannot match these parameters from the engine handbook:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/Photo%20references/14.jpg

In Il-2 the max RPMs possible are about 2700. Setting pressure to 1.1 ATA give RPMs of only 2000 max.

You need to set the pitch control from 'automatic' to 'manual' to recieve exactly these numbers. At 'automatic', the controller keeps the revolutions at max 2750 RPM.

EDIT: Here you can test the fine engine reliability feature. Let it run for more than a minute at 3030RPM and see what happens. :)

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Tried searching and think I know the answer but wondering what happens to campaigns started prior to installing 4.10 concerning difficulty options? Would really like to fly them with the new options like aircraft stress and realistic pilots etc.

Generally there is no issue with campaigns and missions (for stock game). They still should work flawlessly, but the outcomes may be different due to the new influences.

EDIT: ah I understand, you mean, if the new settings are disabled for earlier started missions. This I don't know at the moment.

KG26_Alpha
01-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Edit:
See post below

Tempest123
01-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi TD

Is there any chance we can have back the old gear up/down from years ago, instead of the gear going full cycle, the ability to deploy or retract without it going fully up or down would be a bit more realistic.

Thanks

This depends on the plane, most were a switch/lever that cycled either full up or full down. The exception is earlier planes like the i-16 or wildcat which needed to be manually cranked up. Not sure if this is what you where referring to though.

KG26_Alpha
01-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Woops

Yes my bad certainly on most ac the gear was non returnable during cycle.

lordish2001
01-12-2011, 06:34 PM
I installed 4.10 but when I start the game it stops loading at 60% The screen while loading is the one with the titles of all the IL-2 add ons on it.

How can I get the game to load properly?

lordish

Fenice_1965
01-12-2011, 10:06 PM
I confirm. This bug with "Test Runways" has appeared with a patch 4.10m
(in the version 4.09m all work fine).

With the version 4.10m now there is no possibility to take off from the ground. All connected players throws up in air if under the centre of "Test Runway" there is no water.

This is network bug. I can start from the ground only in offline (start the map by myself creating a server). But all players, that connected to 4.10m server, will start from air (for all "Test Runways" placed on ground, on ice, on road, but not water). Only one way to pass this bug is to place center of "Test Runways" over water.

This is also true for dedicated server. Probably there are a incompatibility between client side 4.10m and server side 4.10m (unworked "CheckRunTime=2" also allows to speak about incompatibility beetween 4.10m client and 4.10m server).

Does anybody know how to create worked airfields placed on the ground with 4.10m? :confused:
How to forbid start in air? Any option does not help. Only rollback to 4.09m...

It seems none is taking care of this problem apart me and you. None has an ipothesis about how to solve this ???

JG52Karaya
01-12-2011, 11:14 PM
IL-2's console is saying that the B-24s 3D model is missing something when choosing the Bat bomb loadouts!

RAF_Swede
01-13-2011, 03:09 AM
No as these attacks where below 50m height, will have to try it at heigher heights. Although, normally that should not have a big effect as the bombs side is hitting the water not the head where the detonater is. I know on a 1980s Matra 250kg all purpose bomb after the release wires where gone, there was a small prop like thing that needed to get a certain rpm before the bomb was armed, and I am assuming it should be simular with the WII ones too? Well never saw them in good condition up near only ones that I got to see up close had some kind of defect and had not gone off which we defused. So do I understand that right that droptime, reguardless the tip or the side of the bomb touching will make the differance?
As normally on the real ones the casing had nothing to do with the fuse.

Hello
Has anyone posted a track on HOW skip bombing is done now? I would really like to see one.
Not being able to skip bomb is most disappointing..

In spite of this, TD did a marvelous job with 4.10..:)

RAF_Swede
01-13-2011, 06:56 AM
Ok, went practicing a bit.. Found out it can be done. If ya come in at about 150-200 ft. (which makes you a nice fat target for naval guns..) and release just at the right time, it works.. It's easy to release too soon and the bombs don't quite make it. Relatively narrow window.
I'll experiment some more..It's all good..

bigbossmalone
01-13-2011, 10:35 AM
That's strange. I just placed 4 Fulmars with 100% fuel and bombs on the HMS Illustrious and they all took off just fine. That's why I was wondering just exactly what mission you were having problems with.

Aviar
hi Aviar....i must admit, i haven't tried them at all from a carrier....only airfields, and the problem occurs almost every time....maybe there's some difference in the way they launch from a carrier? will have to investigate further with that, myself...
that being said, as mentioned in my earlier post, the problem has been confirmed, and already fixed, according to a message i got from a TD member, so i'm sure it is an actual issue, and not just me....

ElAurens
01-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Odd that it's on airfields only, but I see sort of the same thing with the CW-21. When starting to move away from a spawn point the "Interceptor" takes much larger throttle input and a longer period of time to get moving than many much heavier aircraft.

Very odd, and reminiscent of the way the P 11 used to be.

Ala13_Kokakolo
01-13-2011, 12:55 PM
Hello Team Daidalos,

Any comments about saitek x65s Joystick and its double throttle? It seems Il2 sturmovick does not recognize properly the right throttle. I bought this joystick with the idea of flying double engine planes on il2 but it seems it does not work!!!

Ian Boys
01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Odd that it's on airfields only, but I see sort of the same thing with the CW-21. When starting to move away from a spawn point the "Interceptor" takes much larger throttle input and a longer period of time to get moving than many much heavier aircraft.

Very odd, and reminiscent of the way the P 11 used to be.

The P11 is still like that. Something to do with no tailwheel, the skid doesn't register as a wheel.

lordish2001
01-13-2011, 03:22 PM
Whenever I start the game after I installed patch 4.10, it stops loading at 60%

What can be done to correct this?

lordish

Ala13_Kokakolo
01-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Whenever I start the game after I installed patch 4.10, it stops loading at 60%

What can be done to correct this?

lordish

Did you patch on top of the UP2.01???

Adolfino
01-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Hallo!
I find one strange bug - in QMB aftermission brief didn't work button "Done"- its impossible to end mission in normal way.(all other buttons work normally). i reinstalled the game, but without any success...(system - Intel Core Quad 8300 3 GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 260 GT,Windows Vista 64 HE)

FatBug
01-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Hello!

First of all, I would like to thank to the team "TEAM DAIDALOS", for their efforts and countless hours, consumed
for the further development of our favorite game. And all this only in exchange for some kind words,
whatever our impatience and complaining. Hat off!
Thanks also to all those, who through their efforts in any way contribute.
Now, about bug. I'm not shure is it a bug or it is modeled this way.
In Hs129 both variants, when it is on the ground, the cockpit does not close completely every time. It seems to me depending on the direction of view. Side windows are OK.
I apologize if this has already been posted somewhere, but I could no find. I hope that my English is understandable enough.

Salute
FatBug

lordish2001
01-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Did you patch on top of the UP2.01???

No I put it on top of the latest 4.09m I don't even know what UP 2.01 is

lordish

Ala13_Kokakolo
01-14-2011, 11:13 AM
No I put it on top of the latest 4.09m I don't even know what UP 2.01 is

lordish

That mistake happens sometimes when the il2.exe is corrupted. My advise will be reinstall from scratch. Keep a copy of your config ini, the USER folder, missions and skins (so you will be able to recover everything you have) and reinstall the whole thing from scratch.

Up or Ultrapack is one of the most popular set of mods available. It comes with an reinstall option which compares your version with a UP version online and fix errors. That'a why I was asking.

Ala13_Kokakolo
01-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Dear Team Daidalos,

Sorry to be a pest but this problem is eating me alive. I when my old and much loved joystick saitek x45 died a few months ago have bought saitek x65f and one of the main reasons why I bought this throttle was because it comes with twin throttle. I love to fly two engine planes and I knew 4.10 was including multiengine capabilities. When my Joy arrived we were still with 4.09 and I remember I tried both throttle with IL2 and I have realized the right throttle is not understand by the game. If I link this throttle with the power it does not follow the full range, it has only two positions, 0% or 50% and even this ones are not progressive. When the throttle is full down this is equal to 0 and when is full up is 50% but no progression in between. Left throttle though works fine.

I thought at the time it was a problem with the fact 4.09 does not have multiengine possibilities so I waited with expectancy the arrival of 4.10. That day has arrived and now I still have the same problem to whichever axis I link the right throttle to. I have contacted also saitek with an explanation of the problem but because this twin joystick works fine with other more modern games (like fsx) I think the problem is in the way il2 communicates with my joy.

I would love to know if someone has similar issues with this or another twin throttle joystick and if there is any way to overcome it.

Thanks.

MrBaato
01-14-2011, 07:45 PM
I can't do wide cockpit view in the machi 202-205 in 4.10

Genosse
01-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Since 4.10 the engine of this Hurricane can't take any negative Gs. Has this been changed intentionally? :confused:

TheGrunch
01-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Well, it is an accurate change. The Merlin XX has a float carburettor, and the "Miss Shilling's orifice" device that allowed the engine to withstand negative Gs for a short duration was an RAF retrofit in early '41. Unless there is evidence of systematic use of a similar device in VVS Hurricanes, that is.

alexei1789
01-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi DT !
Sorry if this has been reported, but i found a minor problem:
without cockpit view, prop pitch "XX%" is not displayed any more, replaced by " {.}" The command still works however.

thanks for this good work !

A.

Genosse
01-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Well, it is an accurate change. The Merlin XX has a float carburettor, and the "Miss Shilling's orifice" device that allowed the engine to withstand negative Gs for a short duration was an RAF retrofit in early '41. Unless there is evidence of systematic use of a similar device in VVS Hurricanes, that is.

Copy that, Grunch. Then I need to live with it ... ;)

Ertsog
01-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Description I-16 (in russian):
http://i16fighter.ru/materials/docs/docs.htm

Technical specification I-16 (Google translator):
to lower a flap, it is necessary to press the handle, the creeping mechanism will depart back and will deduce an edge from gearings with a ratchet. Than at handle rotation, the case 10 rigidly connected with her, will rotate in ball-bearings. Together with the case the cylinder 6 with screw cutting which will force the screw 12 to leave the case will rotate also. Thus the flap to fall.

That is for lowering of flaps the special mechanism with a manual drive and a screw gear with smooth adjustment of a corner of release of flaps has been established.
The desperate request to developers to correct this bug and to return manual regulation of a corner of a deviation of flaps on I-16.

Qpassa
01-15-2011, 11:35 PM
You have changed a lot the Spitfire 4 cannons ( now of 1942) , his engine stalls and it runs less.
It is real or just my imagination?

Azimech
01-15-2011, 11:36 PM
I admire that you can deduce you can have more control over your flaps than is currently possible, because from this translation, I cannot.

And welcome to this forum.

zakkandrachoff
01-16-2011, 01:40 AM
i have a little problem whit the Flaps that are activate when i move the mousse, generaly in the Bf-109.
i try change a key in "controls", end of the list, sayd FLAPS - mousse or something like that , but i cant change it.

someone have the same problem and fix it?

swiss
01-16-2011, 02:00 AM
i have a little problem whit the Flaps that are activate when i move the mousse, generaly in the Bf-109.
i try change a key in "controls", end of the list, sayd FLAPS - mousse or something like that , but i cant change it.

You have mapped the flaps to the mouse axis?

zakkandrachoff
01-16-2011, 03:47 AM
You have mapped the flaps to the mouse axis?

no no, is ctrl F for put the flaps and F to raise the flaps.

when i move the cursor of the mousse, the flaps down.

Gryphon_
01-16-2011, 04:34 AM
I noticed that my log file was full of this exception, over and over, repeated thousands of times after an online game this evening. Other players were experiencing very odd things at the time like exploding in mid air when taking off. We had about 50 players in game, the map uses 30 tank columns as Chiefs, and there are a lot of static objects including AAA, so it was busy, and it looks like something broke the server.

If it is of interest PM me with an email address where I can submit the mis file and the ntrk file.

[8:20:25 PM] java.lang.NullPointerException
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.tanks.TankGeneric. gunInMove(TankGeneric.java:2311)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.ai.ground.Aim.tick_(Aim.java:411)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.tanks.TankGeneric$ Move.tick(TankGeneric.java:1536)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.engine.Interpolators.tick(Interpola tors.java:222)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.engine.Actor.interpolateTick(Actor. java:434)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.engine.InterpolateAdapter.msgTimeOu t(InterpolateAdapter.java:174)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.MsgTimeOut.invokeListener(MsgTimeOu t.java:73)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.Message._send(Message.java:1217)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject(Message.java:1 191)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendTo(Message.java:1134)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.Message.trySend(Message.java:1115)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.Time.loopMessages(Time.java:252)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.RTSConf.loopMsgs(RTSConf.java:101)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.loopApp(MainWin3D.ja va:131)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:437)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java: 235)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.tanks.TankGeneric. gunInMove(TankGeneric.java:2311)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.ai.ground.Aim.tick_(Aim.java:411)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.objects.vehicles.tanks.TankGeneric$ Move.tick(TankGeneric.java:1536)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.engine.Interpolators.tick(Interpola tors.java:222)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.engine.Actor.interpolateTick(Actor. java:434)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.engine.InterpolateAdapter.msgTimeOu t(InterpolateAdapter.java:174)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.MsgTimeOut.invokeListener(MsgTimeOu t.java:73)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.Message._send(Message.java:1217)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendToObject(Message.java:1 191)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.Message.sendTo(Message.java:1134)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.Message.trySend(Message.java:1115)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.Time.loopMessages(Time.java:252)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.rts.RTSConf.loopMsgs(RTSConf.java:101)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.loopApp(MainWin3D.ja va:131)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:437)
[8:20:25 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java: 235)
[8:20:25 PM] (....repeats for another 30MB of text)

Ertsog
01-16-2011, 10:59 AM
I admire that you can deduce you can have more control over your flaps than is currently possible, because from this translation, I cannot.
Sorry for my english.
In the technical description of the aircraft I-16 shows the principle of the mechanism for lowering the flaps.
He was working on a mechanism similar to the jackscrew. Through this mechanism, release of the flap was carried out smoothly by hand the pilot without fixed positions flaps. Also in the cockpit of I-16 was a pointer (check) of the flaps.
However, in patch 4.10 for IL-2 on the plane I-16 has only two fixed positions flaps. This should be fixed in the next patch!

FoolTrottel
01-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Dear Team Daidalos,

Sorry to be a pest but this problem is eating me alive. I when my old and much loved joystick saitek x45 died a few months ago have bought saitek x65f and one of the main reasons why I bought this throttle was because it comes with twin throttle. I love to fly two engine planes and I knew 4.10 was including multiengine capabilities. When my Joy arrived we were still with 4.09 and I remember I tried both throttle with IL2 and I have realized the right throttle is not understand by the game. If I link this throttle with the power it does not follow the full range, it has only two positions, 0% or 50% and even this ones are not progressive. When the throttle is full down this is equal to 0 and when is full up is 50% but no progression in between. Left throttle though works fine.

I thought at the time it was a problem with the fact 4.09 does not have multiengine possibilities so I waited with expectancy the arrival of 4.10. That day has arrived and now I still have the same problem to whichever axis I link the right throttle to. I have contacted also saitek with an explanation of the problem but because this twin joystick works fine with other more modern games (like fsx) I think the problem is in the way il2 communicates with my joy.

I would love to know if someone has similar issues with this or another twin throttle joystick and if there is any way to overcome it.

Thanks.
Use the Hardware Setup, Input screen to check the sensitivity settings for that Axis.
Set them to all 100 for it. Also check whether deadband and filtering are set to zero.

Seeker
01-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Sorry for my english.
In the technical description of the aircraft I-16 shows the principle of the mechanism for lowering the flaps.
He was working on a mechanism similar to the jackscrew. Through this mechanism, release of the flap was carried out smoothly by hand the pilot without fixed positions flaps. Also in the cockpit of I-16 was a pointer (check) of the flaps.
However, in patch 4.10 for IL-2 on the plane I-16 has only two fixed positions flaps. This should be fixed in the next patch!

How would you implementt that as a button press? Especialy seeing how flaky trim is when operated by key presses?

You'd be better off mapping the flaps to a joystick axis (flaps on a slider), that would be more realistic for what your seeking.

Or you could map them to the mouse axis as zakkandrachoff had done (not that he seems happy with it)

@ zakkandrachoff:

You can map flaps two places, with a button, as you've done, but also as a joystick control if you scroll right down to the bottom of the "controls screen". I bet you've got the flaps mapped as BOTH a button AND an axis. If you have, the ais will take precedence and over rule the button, which is what you seem to be describing

Sokol1
01-16-2011, 01:33 PM

Go to Controls > Scroll to HOTAS section (end of list), find FLAPS, click in front the name, when you see a box, move some AXIS (since HOTAS dond use BUTTON) ie. your scroll mouse wheel (recognize as AXIS).

Done, Flaps now are under control of scroll wheel (Or if you have a HOTAS with many AXIS, ie G940 use some rotary).

But, if you desire use scroll wheel AXIS for control another (Axis) function, ie Radiator?
Repeat the above process in Radiator box, now Flaps in HOTAS section are blank (no AXIS assigned).

By the way, you can simultaneous control Flaps with two keys too assigned in Controls > Aircraft Controls (in begin of list).

If I remember correctly, default keys for Flaps are F (up) and V (down).
Same process (assign AXIS and Button) valid for Radiator, Brakes, Power, Prop Pitch, Rudder, ZOOM...

Sokol1

Seeker
01-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Or may be it's possible already?

Is it possible to replace the graphic (I presume a BMP?) presented in the map room with a custom one? One showing flight notes and player alterations such as route marking?

If not, could it be a 4.11 thing?

Background:

A squad mate and I have a project going where I write squad coops and post the mission files to him, he then writes the detailed briefings.

Annotating the map room graphic, or even better, the GPS map graphic would be great.

Corsican Corsair
01-16-2011, 06:17 PM
I noticed that the folders for the eight new models of Spitfire do not exist. How to add skins for these aircraft?

Regards.

Ertsog
01-16-2011, 06:24 PM
How would you implementt that as a button press? Especialy seeing how flaky trim is when operated by key presses?
Why are you asking about the control?
I was flying as a joystick (Saitek X-52 flaps are assigned to the axis), and without the joystick on the keys!
Currently in patch 4.10 flaps have two strictly fixed positions - cleaned and released for landing!
However, the technical description described that the flaps released manually pilot smoothly without any fixed positions. The mechanism was similar to the manual jackscrew. See the drawing (I-16 type 24), the position of number 17, mechanism and the grip (knob) of handle-operated drive were located on the left side of airplane (left of the pilot):

David603
01-16-2011, 06:33 PM
I noticed that the folders for the eight new models of Spitfire do not exist. How to add skins for these aircraft?

Regards.
Create folders with these names, and put the skins there.

SpitfireMkIX25lbsCLP
SpitfireMkIXcHF
SpitfireMkIXcM61
SpitfireMkIXcM63
SpitfireMkVb12lbs
SpitfireMkVb16lbs
SpitfireMkVbM4616lbs
SpitfireMkVc16lbs

zakkandrachoff
01-16-2011, 08:26 PM

You'd be better off mapping the flaps to a joystick axis (flaps on a slider), that would be more realistic for what your seeking.

Or you could map them to the mouse axis as zakkandrachoff had done (not that he seems happy with it)

@ zakkandrachoff:

You can map flaps two places, with a button, as you've done, but also as a joystick control if you scroll right down to the bottom of the "controls screen". I bet you've got the flaps mapped as BOTH a button AND an axis. If you have, the ais will take precedence and over rule the button, which is what you seem to be describing

tanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i change the flaps for the power button and them in power, i put this again , so in Flaps i dont have nthing! nice, txs man!
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/zakkandrachoff/zxzx.jpg

Corsican Corsair
01-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Create folders with these names, and put the skins there...

Great thanks, David603! :grin:

Ala13_Kokakolo
01-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Use the Hardware Setup, Input screen to check the sensitivity settings for that Axis.
Set them to all 100 for it. Also check whether deadband and filtering are set to zero.

Thanks but that is not the problem. I have both throttle with the same settings. It seems a problem with the way il2 communicates with saitek software.

BlitzPig_Voidcracker
01-17-2011, 05:40 PM
I've noticed that since updating to 4.10 the tracks you record do not show custom skins but only the default ones. If you used a custom skins online and made a recorded track, when you watch it your plane appears in the unmarked default skin it has.
This happens both offline and online and both with Ntracks and regular tracks.
Also, if you chose a nose art over even a default skin, it too, won't show in the recorded track...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tempest123
01-18-2011, 09:43 PM
There is a bright green Mc.202 listed in the AI aircraft (Mc.202 1942 with no series number), the 3d model looks slightly less detailed than all the other macchis, I always wondered where this mystery aircraft came from, anyone?

JG53Frankyboy
01-18-2011, 09:55 PM
this was the first Mc202 that was added to the game long time ago , only avaialble as AI

the now flyable Mc202s have other, improved 3D modells. the old one was just not deleted (to avaoid prpplems with old missions where it appeared) and stayed AI only.

Spudman
01-19-2011, 02:36 AM
IL-2 no longer works for me at all. When I start the sim., the title screen comes up for about half a second and it's a fuzzy red color. It blacks out and then a solid red screen comes up for about another half a second and then the screen goes black and goes back to my desktop. That's it.

_RAAF_Furball
01-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Have you checked that your screen resolution in conf.ini is correct?

_RAAF_Smouch
01-19-2011, 04:51 AM
Sorry if this is a doulbe post,

We tested out a MD map last night with the Lexington as a home base.

Only five pilots in game, it took some time to be able to spawn on the deck. No more than two at any one time. And once the first people had spawned and were airborne we noticed that when the next lot spawned that they either showed up as being either 1/3 of a deck length aft of the carrier (ie over water) or in the front third of the deck.

Here two screen shots taken by _RAAF_Furball (who was hosting the mission test.)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/Smouch/offdeck1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a142/Smouch/offdeck2.jpg

Anyone else had this problem?

not sure if it's a bug or connection issue.

Aviar
01-19-2011, 09:30 PM
I hosted an MDS Dogfight server the other day and didn't see any problems like that. I had three carriers and multiple players spawning on all of them.

The problem we had was that the 'Tower' voices were in both American and Russian. (I had 'None' chosen as my Air Force.)

Aviar

crucislancer
01-20-2011, 12:06 AM
So, perhaps someone here can help clear this question up regarding the YE & YG beacons. I content that they work exactly as instructed in the 4.10 guide. I haven’t had any problems. However, check out this link from mission4today, the post by KrashanTopolova on January 17th and after that:

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=11697

He’s saying that he hears Morse code letters from the YE beacon that are not part of the random code generated for carriers, and they these extra letters are used for more advanced navigation that wasn’t documented in the 4.10 guide. I’ve used the YE beacon quite a few times, and other then the sector code and the ID code that is generated every 10th time, I haven’t heard anything different.

Can anyone (particularly Team Daidalos folks!) shed some light on this?

Nicholaiovitch
01-20-2011, 05:16 PM
1) Re problem posted by RAAF Smouch:-

We had this with 4.09 online about two years ago. I think it is probably a "packet loss" problem when flying online. Have not seen it since our host upgraded his server and connection. I don't think it is 4.10 specific.

2) I hosted an MDS Dogfight server the other day and didn't see any problems like that. I had three carriers and multiple players spawning on all of them.

The problem we had was that the 'Tower' voices were in both American and Russian. (I had 'None' chosen as my Air Force.)

Aviar

The problem with getting the Russian language when you select "None" as the Army (to enable a personal skin to be used") is due to only one version of 4.10 (not area specific) being issued, whereas the 4.07 disk was issued in US/Europe/Russia.

As with all patched issues (4.09 included), the only cure that I have found is to make another copy of your "Samples/Speech/RU" file, replace the Russian actors files with the GB actors files, rename something like (GBRU) and activate this file (re-naming original to RURU) as "RU" for all but Eastern front missions........hope that makes sense! However, each punter flying Army "None" has to do this within his own installation. I do not think this affects CRT=2 for online.

If anyone else has another fix for this...please lets hear it?

Nicholaiovitch:)

Corsican Corsair
01-20-2011, 11:07 PM
The homing indicator doesn't work for A6M7-62 & 63.

_RAAF_Smouch
01-20-2011, 11:56 PM
1) Re problem posted by RAAF Smouch:-

We had this with 4.09 online about two years ago. I think it is probably a "packet loss" problem when flying online. Have not seen it since our host upgraded his server and connection. I don't think it is 4.10 specific.

Thanks for the reply Nicholaivitch :)

Romanator21
01-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi DT

There is a bug regarding the Re.2000 gunsight. When damaged, the iron pipper comes down as it should, but it or the player "camera" is not centered properly over the rings on the glass. As a result, all of the bullets fly far below the aiming point, never reaching it.

Another problem occurs when pressing F2, then F1. The camera position changes for some reason and the bullets fly too high. Pressing ShiftF1 once returns the view to default (not centered on the sight) and pressing it again returns the view to the sight-centered position (where again the bullets fly too low). In effect there are three sight-views possible, none of which are useful.

I don't know if this is an issue with other Italian planes that have this sight.

EDIT: I don't know how old this bug is, but my Polish pilots sometimes speak Japanese.

flakmagnet1
01-21-2011, 02:58 AM
:( I purchased IL-2 1946 from steam as a down load, it was downloaded as 4.09m, I have been trying to install 4.10 but it won't install keeps showing as 4.09m any help please

windows 7 64bit::(

IceFire
01-21-2011, 04:18 AM
Make sure that you're pointing the patch to the same directory as the game exists in.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
01-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Additionally you can unpack the patchfile (i.e. with WinRar) to any wanted folder and manually move the files then into your game directory (overwritig existant ones).

Viikate
01-21-2011, 10:11 AM
So, perhaps someone here can help clear this question up regarding the YE & YG beacons. I content that they work exactly as instructed in the 4.10 guide. I haven’t had any problems. However, check out this link from mission4today, the post by KrashanTopolova on January 17th and after that:

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=11697

He’s saying that he hears Morse code letters from the YE beacon that are not part of the random code generated for carriers, and they these extra letters are used for more advanced navigation that wasn’t documented in the 4.10 guide. I’ve used the YE beacon quite a few times, and other then the sector code and the ID code that is generated every 10th time, I haven’t heard anything different.

Can anyone (particularly Team Daidalos folks!) shed some light on this?

This sounds like a case of
misheard lyrics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg5_mlQOsUQ)

Letter "J" never exists in the code since it is one of the long 4 beep letters. However if pilot is right at the middle of two sectors, he might hear for example E (dot) and O (dash dash dash) from the two sectors and it is very easy to interpret this as J (dot dash dash dash) if you ignore the pause between the two letters.

basola
01-21-2011, 11:37 AM
minor bug.

with a multiengines throttle, not some pitch and power values are showed into monitor.
They are changed but not showed in monitor.

engine2 pitch and same in 3 or 4.

idem in engine power 3 (or4, don't remember as well)

crucislancer
01-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Letter "J" never exists in the code since it is one of the long 4 beep letters. However if pilot is right at the middle of two sectors, he might hear for example E (dot) and O (dash dash dash) from the two sectors and it is very easy to interpret this as J (dot dash dash dash) if you ignore the pause between the two letters.

Yeah, it’s pretty much my thinking, that he’s hearing something that isn’t there either because he’s mixing two letters together or he’s not translating the dots and dashes to the correct letter in the first place. His vague answers just made me think he was blowing smoke. He dropped his claims so I’ll leave it alone.

flakmagnet1
01-22-2011, 01:43 AM
I insured that I checked the proper pathway it still will not install the I did manual unpack and moved the files still no luck. Is their some thing about steam games that would prevent me from doing install?

Aardvark892
01-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Daidalos Team,

Thank you VERY much for the 4.10 patch. I do not have a bug to report here, but I do need some information that I know of no other way to get other than to ask.

I'm building a set of missions to add the Italy Online map to the QMB. Sakai007 from the Mission4Today.com forums built at my request an excellent template to use for these missions, but unfortunately the types of AAA that he placed around the airfields are firing at aircraft even when the AAA option is turned off in the QMB.

I'm assuming that this means the QMB recognizes some objects as AAA, but not others. This presents a problem when trying to build QMB missions, as I do not want any object to act as AAA when the player selects "AAA none" in the menu.

Can you please tell me how to know which objects the QMB recognizes as AAA and can therefore turn them off as necessary? Is it a particular type of object, for example "only those items which have the letters AAA in the name" or something like that?

I know your team is busy, but if you do have a chance, I would greatly appreciate your help. FYI, in the interim I'm going to print out all the .mis from the stock QMB missions and make a list of AAA used that can be disabled... at least it's a start.

Thanks!

EDIT: I discovered the answer. The types of AAA that will disappear when the Defenses: None option is chosen are:

85mm AA
25mm AA
37mm AA 61-K
88mm Flak 18
30mm Flak 30
.50 Browning AA
DShKAA
76mm AA 3-K
4x7.62 Maxim AA
7.62 Maxim AA
Type 98 20m AAA
Type 2 2x25mm AAA
Type 96 3x25mm AAA

There may be more, but those are the only ones I could discover. I hope this helps someone.

SkyFan
01-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Dear DT members,
please put your attention to old bug of the game existing since beginning (a long far from 4.10m) but still not fixed. I mean incorrect placement of Guard's Symbol at aircrafts of almost all Soviet Guards Regiment. For example, Spitfires Mk Vb of Soviet 57th Guards Fighter Regiment (57 GIAP) had Guard's Symbol at the tail (please look photo).
But when we assign this aircraft (with corresponding skin) to it's native regiment, the second Guard's Symbol appears at the board near cockpit (please look two next images). That's incorrect. It is possible to avoid this situation using option "Soviet Army_none" in settings (please see two last images). But it makes your wonderfull Reginent Pack useless :( at least accordind Soviet Guard's regiments.
In the same time Soviet Guards Regiments never had standard of Guards Symbols placement, there were a lot of versions. Sometimes aircrafts of Guards Regiments had no such symbol at all. I have a lot of photo's if you need any additional confirmation.
So, my proposition: please cancel appearance of Guards Symbols for soviet aircraft in settings at all. Skin-makers will do it better if necessary,
Thank you in advance and best regards.

Aardvark892
01-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Team Daidalos,

On Mission4Today.com a member reported that whenever he spawned on a particular dog fight map (in IL2\Missions\Net\Dogfight\4) he was immediately fired upon by all of the AAA stationed around his home base.

With some research, I discovered that most of the maps in folder 4 (maps 6-12) had all of the AAA set to neutral, which means that they would not change color to the home base color when a player spawned, causing them to fire on that player.

I discovered that by changing all of the AAA on those maps to RED, they would automatically change to the appropriate color of the home base, and not open fire. In the FMB, they still appear either red or blue (the only colors you can assign them in the FMB) but in-game on the mini-map they show the correct color.

These maps are in folder 4, and numbered 1-6 on the map selection screen in the MP menu, but in the FMB they are numbered 6-12.

I have fixed all of those maps, and I have attached the .zip to this post. To fix these maps, just unzip the files directly into IL2\Missions\Net\Dogfight\4 and overwrite the current missions. PLEASE backup these maps before you make any changes.

I hope this helps.

K_Freddie
01-24-2011, 12:53 PM
More of an AI weakness than a bug, but is it possible to adjust the AI's low level fighting ability. This track (http://www.vanjast.com/IL2Pics/M109vs4Spit.trk (2.5MB)) show's that I can survive 4 ace AI's in Spits, if I keep my altitude about 10m - 20m.

It seems that the AI can fly down to this level, but it cannot DF/Fight. It even lacks the ability to come down from height and straffe me at this level.
Is there any way to change this.

Aviar
01-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Team Daidalos,

On Mission4Today.com a member reported that whenever he spawned on a particular dog fight map (in IL2\Missions\Net\Dogfight\4) he was immediately fired upon by all of the AAA stationed around his home base.

With some research, I discovered that most of the maps in folder 4 (maps 6-12) had all of the AAA set to neutral, which means that they would not change color to the home base color when a player spawned, causing them to fire on that player.

I discovered that by changing all of the AAA on those maps to RED, they would automatically change to the appropriate color of the home base, and not open fire. In the FMB, they still appear either red or blue (the only colors you can assign them in the FMB) but in-game on the mini-map they show the correct color.

These maps are in folder 4, and numbered 1-6 on the map selection screen in the MP menu, but in the FMB they are numbered 6-12.

I have fixed all of those maps, and I have attached the .zip to this post. To fix these maps, just unzip the files directly into IL2\Missions\Net\Dogfight\4 and overwrite the current missions. PLEASE backup these maps before you make any changes.

I hope this helps.

Thank you, but this has already been reported weeks ago. Yes, it's clear that the AAA on the bases is neutral. That has been reported too. The important fact to realize is that the missions are EXACTLY the same as they were in 4.09. That's the problem. In 4.09, the AAA was neutral but did not fire at a player spawning on the base.

In 4.10, the AAA is still neutral but now fires on any player that spawns on the base. That is the bug that needs to be addressed.

Yes, there is a temporary workaround if someone needs it. However, the bug itself needs to be addressed as it may affect a lot more maps/missions than just those particular DF maps you mentioned.

Aviar

Aardvark892
01-25-2011, 06:34 AM
Aviar, thank you for that information. I had no idea. This is important and could affect anyone who uses my "fix" later down the line. I'll make sure that this info is known with that fix as well as on the M4T forums.

Cheers!

Wolkenbeisser
01-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Three very old bugs (older than 4.09m), and maybe almost forgotten... :-P
...but maybe easy to fix:

1. With P-51B, P-51C and Mustang MkIII, smoke only comes out of the left smokestaks of engine (you can see it best from external view). P-51D's are fine.

2. P-47D-27 (and the newer one) have a red seat if you look at it inside the cockpit.

3. Wings of P-40's (except P-40B/C) have a to great angle in relation to the fuselage. If you use external views and watch from the nose, you can see, that the Wingtips are to high compared to the wingroot. Meaning the "V" of the wings is too much bent skywards. Best viewable if you compare it with real pictures or the P-40B/C in game.

Would be nice, if one could fix these bugs. Anyway: Very good job TD. Thank you very much for your work.

JG52Karaya
01-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I've lately noticed that whenever I start a mission (QMB) I have the following error code written in my console (and logfile).

Game is 4.10 stock

[7:28:02 PM] SectFile load failed: null
[7:28:02 PM] java.io.FileNotFoundException
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.rts.SFSInputStream.<init>(SFSInputStrea m.java:65)
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.rts.SFSReader.<init>(SFSReader.java:19)
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.rts.SectFile.loadFile(SectFile.java:157 )
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.rts.SectFile.loadFile(SectFile.java:136 )
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.rts.SectFile.<init>(SectFile.java:10
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.rts.SectFile.<init>(SectFile.java:6
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUIQuick.checkCustomAirIni(GUIQ uick.java:1339)
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUIQuick.<init>(GUIQuick.java:1 477)
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.il2.gui.GUI.create(GUI.java:15
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:70 0)
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main3D.beginApp(Main3D.java:35 7)
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.MainWin3D.beginApp(MainWin3D.j ava:211)
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.Main.exec(Main.java:420)
[7:28:02 PM] at com.maddox.il2.game.GameWin3D.main(GameWin3D.java: 235)

Ventura
01-25-2011, 10:56 PM
Not sure if this is redundant (did quick search) but:

MTO map in FMB when creating missions shows the piers and docks (in large harbour on upper right Island) but when you attempt to 'play' within FMB and on HL, the pier and docks are invisible.

MTO 'light' shows same piers and docks but are fully visible when played.

REVISION: MTO 'light' map: the piers show up when RED aircraft spawn (I had them time out so I didn't see it earlier)

Dance
01-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Just came across this, I didn't see it in the 4.101 RC - List of fixes. so here it is,
Spitfire F IXc, 1942 with any loud out containing 2 x 250lb bombs, one 250 pounder is missing.

JG52Karaya
01-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Just came across this, I didn't see it in the 4.101 RC - List of fixes. so here it is,
Spitfire F IXc, 1942 with any loud out containing 2 x 250lb bombs, one 250 pounder is missing.

from the 4.101 bugfix list

19. Spitfire Mk.IXc 1942 - when 2x250lb bombs loadout selected, only one (left-side) bomb is shown under wings in loadout screen and in game.

Dance
01-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Pardon my faux pas, I looked up and down that list several times and missed it :wink:

Ala13_Kokakolo
01-26-2011, 11:22 PM
Please Team Daidalos, any information about the use of dual throttle with saitek x65f in 4.10?

Aardvark892
01-27-2011, 06:07 AM
Forgive me if this has already been reported. I did not see it in this thread (it's hard to dig through 67 pages, post by post). This may not be a bug, but I believe it is.

On the left side of the dashboard of the P-51D-20 there is a small switch set that seems to be upside down.

Picture attached.

I hope this helps.

SkyFan
01-27-2011, 04:22 PM
Dear DT members,
unfortunately next two 4.10m's bugs were recently found:
1) Killed gunner continues to shoot despite his death like's zombie :eek: (see enclosed image)
2) Gunner's death including blood at the cockpit doesn't reflect in ntrk records :( .
To be sure please see enclosed track, taking into account, that there is the same event on enclosed image and in track. My colleague Sparr firstly started mission, secondary started record, than he killed Bf-110s gunner, use "Pause", use "Print Screen" and continue his flight. But the same gunner is dead in screen from the mission and alivey in track. Something wrong isn't it?
Is it possible to fix?
Thank you beforehand and best regards.

Aviar
01-27-2011, 05:58 PM
Dear DT members,
unfortunately next two 4.10m's bugs were recently found:
1) Killed gunner continues to shoot despite his death like's zombie :eek: (see enclosed image)
2) Gunner's death including blood at the cockpit doesn't reflect in ntrk records :( .
To be sure please see enclosed track, taking into account, that there is the same event on enclosed image and in track. My colleague Sparr firstly started mission, secondary started record, than he killed Bf-110s gunner, use "Pause", use "Print Screen" and continue his flight. But the same gunner is dead in screen from the mission and alivey in track. Something wrong isn't it?
Is it possible to fix?
Thank you beforehand and best regards.

I can't really prove it, but I have a possible explanation. If you've been playing IL-2 for any length of time, the following has happened to you:

You are fly along and pressing the trigger to fire your guns when all of a sudden you are hit and killed instantly. Well, in the game, your screen goes black but your guns continue to fire. They continue to fire until you run out of bullets or crash. This has been happening in IL-2 for many years.

So, maybe this is what happened in your track, but to the gunner instead of the player. I think it's not unreasonable to say that the game code handles both of those particular deaths in the same manner.

Aviar

SkyFan
01-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Dear Aviar, thank you for feedback.
You are fly along and pressing the trigger to fire your guns when all of a sudden you are hit and killed instantly. Well, in the game, your screen goes black but your guns continue to fire. They continue to fire until you run out of bullets or crash. This has been happening in IL-2 for many years.
Yes, it took place sometimes, and with me too.
So, maybe this is what happened in your track, but to the gunner instead of the player. I think it's not unreasonable to say that the game code handles both of those particular deaths in the same manner.
I have just make such experience myself besides my colleagues (track enclosed). I tried just to kill gunner but not shoot down the aircraft (it fell down itself later). It seems strange but everything is OK. Dead gunner is lying quietly and blood presents both in the game and in the track.
So, it seems, you are right. However me and my colleagues will make additional tests to clarify the situation.
Sorry for disturbance and best regards.

flyingscotsman
01-28-2011, 08:27 AM
I too have slowed to a crawl after 4.10 over a clean & verified , reinstall, 408, 4.09.
What do you mean a fixed .exe file. How can I get that>
Thank you

In fact I have 'solved' it by doing what it says earlier on this whole series. In QMB changed the map,
changed plane....and it all worked....sorry for wasting people's time. (First log on, first post, first error !)

Azimech
01-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Has the Mig 9 throttle bug been reported yet?

If not, here goes.

If you advance one engine to 100% suddenly the other follows.

Edit: Same for the Go-229.

Aviar
01-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Has the Mig 9 throttle bug been reported yet?

If not, here goes.

If you advance one engine to 100% suddenly the other follows.

Edit: Same for the Go-229.

Do you mean you have 'Engine 1 Selected' or 'Engine 2 Selected' and both engines rev up? That does not happen on my computer. I can control each engine seperately.

Aviar

JHartikka
01-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Almost Realistic But Not Quite..!

Just to get bomber work authentic, too, reminding of the three main errors of this otherways truthful flight simulator:

1. Bomb SALVO settings.
2. Fuse settings for pilot to manage.
3. Missing bomb damage after pilot hit.

Nr 1 means that this sim has a queer property of dropping bombs as pairs. I guess that we are rather unanimous that back in those days bomb effect was with all efforts maximized. It would have been unprecedentedly foolish to waste bomb effect by dropping bombs as pairs into the same spot! Luckily, there already is a fix available (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=209454&posted=1#post209454) for this IL sim 'idiot pairs of bombs' dilemma so it should not be very difficult to set correct with some future patch, I hope! :)

Nr 2 means of course that for every mission bombs were funished with a fuse best suited for that particular mission. Again, bombs were never carried to be wasted in those days! It was crew's choice to say the last word about fuse that would be best for the mission. Pilot select should be the case with this sim, too, if we wish to further keep the sim historically accurate instead of becoming just another fancy game?

Nr 3 is the IL sim curious feature that bombs released before but exploding after flak or enemy interceptor has hit the bomber pilot do not cause any damage. In reality, bombs of course were quite as dangerous even after the aircraft that dropped them was hit.

Regards,

- J. Hartikka -

Finland

There are wartime photos I added to messages http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=210220&posted=1#post210220 and http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=213782#post213782 and http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?p=216588#post216588

Jack_Aubrey
01-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Theres something strange about the Bk 3.7 gondola... with 4.09 i was able to hit almost any given tank and destroy it now with 4.10 it seem to have an even bigger fall even when i'm doing almost 90º against the tank O.O

Azimech
01-31-2011, 11:46 AM
Do you mean you have 'Engine 1 Selected' or 'Engine 2 Selected' and both engines rev up? That does not happen on my computer. I can control each engine seperately.

Aviar

I use the engines on seperate axis on my controller. Both engines selected, using the slider for left is doing fine until I reach 100%, then it pulls the right engine to 100% as well, and vice versa for the right slider.

Azimech
01-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Theres something strange about the Bk 3.7 gondola... with 4.09 i was able to hit almost any given tank and destroy it now with 4.10 it seem to have an even bigger fall even when i'm doing almost 90º against the tank O.O

Has been reported and will be corrected in the mini patch.

Ala13_Kokakolo
01-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a pest but this is the third time I ask and I did not have any answer yet. There is a problem with the saitek x65f joystick. The dual throttle does not work fine with IL2. The right throttle is not recognized by the software. It reads it as a two positions switch (even if it call it a slider, it only has two positions once linked, 0% or 50%). It is not a problem with the saitek sofware (i have checked all possibilities). There is a mistake in the way IL2 communicate with it.

Please Team Daidalos, give some light into this: Is it fixable? are you aware of it? Do you have the means (saitek support for example) to fix it? I thinking about selling the joy and getting the warthog instead... but still do not know if it will work or i will get the same problem. Please can you drop a single line to comment on this?

Aviar
01-31-2011, 09:56 PM
I use the engines on seperate axis on my controller. Both engines selected, using the slider for left is doing fine until I reach 100%, then it pulls the right engine to 100% as well, and vice versa for the right slider.

This is total instinct, but I would guess it's an issue with your controller or your controller software.

Aviar

Azimech
02-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Nope. Because the rest of the two engined planes don't have this problem.

silverliu
02-02-2011, 04:16 PM
Aiming point of all guns on the FW190A8 FW190A9 is below the center of Revi circle.

FW190A6 that is OK.

silverliu
02-02-2011, 04:21 PM
By the way,

if the records could provide wingtip smoke for aircraft , that would be better to review the quick records of fight.

MOH_Hirth
02-02-2011, 10:04 PM
Just a sugestion: improve the guns efects (Flash and smoke hit, tracers smoke...), thanks!

45th Texas
02-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Yes, seems the position or, presence of becons or, angle of decent does not effect the distance that the lights are turned on. I also tried extending out the lights but not much improvement. Then by accident I turned the whole approach system around and landed from the opposite direction and bingo...could turn on the lights just after the first beacon sounded. This was with the B-25. Seems to be connected with the runway characteristics. Other runways were fine when first tried.

45th Texas

SkyFan
02-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Dear DT members, please look two enclosed images.
B25_&_Carrier_409.jpg shows that the track reflects recorded events correct in 4.09m
B25_&_Carrier_410.jpg shows current (in 4.10m) visualisation of the same event in the same track and in the same moment.
Is it possible to correct?
Thank you beforehand and the best regards.
P.S.The track concerns to 11th mission of wonderful "For Good Pilots" campaign by Alejandro Gomez.

_RAAF_Firestorm
02-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Dear TD, I've searched through this thread and have not found this potential bug listed:

When online and watching someone else from external views, I can see their bomb strapped on a hard point but in many instances, I no longer see the bomb drop when released, it simply disappears. The bomb seems to go invisible from the point of release to the point of impact. When the bomb goes invisible, the explosion is not seen either, however the effect of that explosion on other objects is evident. The same effect has been reported by other squad members, we initially thought this was a packet loss issue but even when we've been hosting locally, with strong connections and low pings, the effect persists.

Note that this does not seem to occur when bombs are dropped from a bomb bay, it only happens when they are dropped from a centre or wing mounted hardpoint.

For your consideration.

Phil_K
02-14-2011, 03:13 PM
I mentioned this in the 4.101 thread but just in case...

The unit I./KG4 doesn't work - it seems to kick the player out of the plane (blue sky only when mission starts)

All other KG4 units seem to work OK.

EJGr.Ost_Caspar
02-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Dear TD, I've searched through this thread and have not found this potential bug listed:

When online and watching someone else from external views, I can see their bomb strapped on a hard point but in many instances, I no longer see the bomb drop when released, it simply disappears. The bomb seems to go invisible from the point of release to the point of impact. When the bomb goes invisible, the explosion is not seen either, however the effect of that explosion on other objects is evident. The same effect has been reported by other squad members, we initially thought this was a packet loss issue but even when we've been hosting locally, with strong connections and low pings, the effect persists.

Note that this does not seem to occur when bombs are dropped from a bomb bay, it only happens when they are dropped from a centre or wing mounted hardpoint.

For your consideration.

Confirmed, but this is a very old issue. I'm not sure if its even a bug, as the information is delivered (hit or not hit), unlike the visual.

_RAAF_Firestorm
02-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Many thanks for replying Caspar, much appreciated.

Perhaps it might be the case that a greater number of occurences have been noted since we started using MDS compatible maps with 4.10, so in turn we've become much more aware of the problem? Who knows.

Nevermind - just happy to have your advice on it. Cheers,

Tempest123
02-15-2011, 03:21 AM
Probably a very old bug, but a good portion of the main tires of the landing gear on the Yak-3 poke up through the upper wing when retracted.

IceFire
02-15-2011, 04:34 AM
Probably a very old bug, but a good portion of the main tires of the landing gear on the Yak-3 poke up through the upper wing when retracted.

Yep that's an old one... and it's not the only plane with that problem or with gear retraction animation problems. The Hurricane and P-51 have some issues there too.

Daniël
02-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Yep that's an old one... and it's not the only plane with that problem or with gear retraction animation problems. The Hurricane and P-51 have some issues there too.

P-40 too, I think

jayrc
02-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Has this already been discussed, I always have to hit a button to set the rudder trim to nuetral, otherwise she's always pulling left.

daidalos.team
02-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Alright! Thanks alot everyone for all your input and reports! It was definitly very helpfull.

If you find issues, that are new or still existing with 4.10.1m, so please go to the according thread here:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=18753

@Admins: we would like to keep this sticky for a while, so we (and everyone else) have a fast access to the postings, if needed. It can be closed though. Thanks in advance!