PDA

View Full Version : For true Experts of the Game

Mordaunt55
12-23-2010, 02:40 PM
For all you experts out there, I got a new challenge for you.

I have been an avid player of Heroes of might and magic series, Kings Bounty etc. I have always played any game on the hardest setting, but sometimes that isn't enough. So I came up with a set of rules that would make this game as challenging as possible. Here are my rules, feel free to adopt/change them for your gaming experience.

1) Impossible Setting.

2) No battle Retreating.

3) Allow yourself 1 save at start and additional save after each 20 hero levels. You will have to be true to yourself here. Crashing doesn't eat up your saves. Running into a pirate.... your call here. Running around maze of enemy stacks while trying to get boosts costs you should you run into one. If you run out of saves, you are effectively dead. Pack your s*** and restart the game. Island-hop to your heart's content - you got: 1 + [hero_lev]/20 total saves, and if you choose to risk when you run out of saves and you get caught, you are dead.

4) Must use autocombat after 1st round vs wondering stacks. As soon as it says "round 2" - must switch to autocombat. This rule is true for only wondering stacks. Control entire fight vs enemy heroes, bosses, artifact fights, island map guards. Basically if it moves and doesn't have a hero, you must use autocombat starting round 2. Several things here: This will really cause you to scratch your head. Can't use units that can damage allies, since you can be sure the computer will do that for you. This rule allows you to walk away from computer during long fights, which is one of the reasons for it.

5) NO level 5s creatures! (ok to use lev 5s if Mage). This rules makes the game even more challenging. You will have loses, you will be short on money, you must think on your feet.

6) No ressurection spell/skill. Probably spawed from the fact that paladin was given ressurection scroll in Kings Bounty: the Legend and I hated that, so just banned it.

Comments welcome, additional rules/modifications also welcome. And if you adopt to try the game by these rules, Goodluck to you. You can vent here :grin:

Minecontrol
12-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Sort of like a 'hardcore' version eh? That aspect would be interesting, it would require precise strategic planning. The only drawback is that Paladins would be used a lot because they are so reliable.

4. Autocombat is boring, the game is out of your control.

5. Arguably level 4 is the most powerful level (per leadership) in the game anyway.

I could see money as the biggest challenge in this type of game (Computer's AI in autocombat would totally mess up your loss rate).

Mordaunt55
12-25-2010, 02:11 AM
Sort of like a 'hardcore' version eh? That aspect would be interesting, it would require precise strategic planning. The only drawback is that Paladins would be used a lot because they are so reliable.

4. Autocombat is boring, the game is out of your control.

5. Arguably level 4 is the most powerful level (per leadership) in the game anyway.

I could see money as the biggest challenge in this type of game (Computer's AI in autocombat would totally mess up your loss rate).

Without lev 5s, and forced autocombat, its hard to get 3rd level of grand strategy making the game even harder. And yes, money is really tight since you won't have full advantage of gold digging, robber's search, etc.