PDA

View Full Version : King’s Bounty: Crossworlds Official Update Out!

Nike-it
12-20-2010, 12:51 PM
New official patch (version 1.3.1) for King’s Bounty: Crossworlds is available.

The patch updates Orcs on the March and Defender of the Crown campaigns, improves the game balance, provides new features for modding and fixes several other issues. Please find full list of fixes and updates here (http://1cfiles.com/Crossworlds/patch_1.3.1.txt).

You can download the patch for all versions (besides Steam) here (http://1cfiles.com/Crossworlds/kbcw.patch.1.3.1.eng.exe).

We highly recommend to delete all mods before installing the patch!

Elwin
12-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Marcinl0 will be happy now :D

ckdamascus
12-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks for getting the new patch out before New Years! Heck, before Christmas, but I hope it wasn't at the expense of some slight bugs. :(

Not if he uses Rune Mages and mouses over Runic Armor so he can see if he can cast Doom or not. :(

It crashes on mouse over. Just like the Find Weaknesses bug of Assassins. Maybe it is contagious? :)

Dragon of Chaos changes are nice though. :) I might go for a super summoner mage build now. :)

CHANGE DETAIL
- Rune Mage
* Unsure if Sheep triggers sooner, due to the CRASHES when you mouse over Runic Armor, otherwise, assume it triggers at 20 magic runes like before.
* Increased caps for unused runes to increase the Rune Mages power -- actually this is wrong. You get the equivalent of 24 runes of power, but you only need 20 runes. This is what they meant by greater efficiency.
# 24 Might Runes
# 26 Mind Runes
# 28 Magic Runes

- Dragon of Chaos
* 45 Mana cost
* Will ALWAYS revive with 1 HP after first lethal hit, afterwards, he will restore 30% of his HP IF he has < 10% of his HP remaining.
* has a skill that lets him hit 3 hexes, pushes back, and NO retaliation. Reload time of 4 and cannot critical in this mode either though. :(
* can shoot through enemies like a normal dragon (not sure if this was the case before, and unsure if it always burns)

- Orc Shaman - Weakened
* Dancing Axes - they NO longer bypass/ignore target's defense.

I'm not sure if the Dragon of Chaos always did astral damage, but he does partial astral and fire, so he is EXCELLENT in Sheterra.

-Military Academy
* You will now know if an upgrade is impossible or what you need to make the upgrade happen, e.g. more trophies, need a certain race, etc

UNSEEN CHANGES?
I haven't noticed ANY difference in the Goblin or Orc Chieftain or Ogre (I checked just in case). Rune Mages are stronger since their caps were increased.

BUGS SO FAR
- Rune Mage
* mouse over runic armor crashes the game!
- Dragon of Chaos
* when it kills a sheeped unit, NO Cluster of Rage appears!

BUGS/FIXES TO TEST FOR
- Shaman
* do they still exhibit the "pop up" bug? -- MIGHT be fixed

onepiece
12-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Miracle! God really exist XD

Anyway thanks for them (better late than never right?)

Mandea
12-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Nice, very nice. Now if we could only see all the changes thoroughly explained.

marcinl0
12-20-2010, 07:27 PM

Yes, but unfortunately this version of the 1.3.1 patch is still NOT working with Polish PL version of Crossworlds!

I just send email to:

cok@cenega.pl

kompania_graczy@cenega.com

k.rawinski@cenega.pl

with request of good PL 1.3.1 patch.

tolknaz
12-21-2010, 12:09 PM
You can download the patch for all versions (besides Steam)

What about Impulse?

ckdamascus
12-21-2010, 12:16 PM
What about Impulse?

You should backup your 1C directory before you patch it (if you don't, you will have no way to revert, and who knows what zaniess will happen with the stupid activation feature), but the patch works for Impulse versions.

I have the Crossworld's edition (not GotY or Platinum), just the upgrade when I bought Armored Princess from Impulse.

hippo
12-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Do I have to start a new game after patching or I can still play my save?

ckdamascus
12-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Do I have to start a new game after patching or I can still play my save?

You can still play your saved game!

BB Shockwave
12-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Did they also fix the over-powered Astral Damage of the Goblin and Blood Orc Shamans that bypassed Defense until now? They only mention the regular Shaman.

Also - bugs that still exist:

- Royal Griffins still don't increase Rune Mage Morale. And my mod that fixes this no longer works. :(
- Rune Mage Abilities descriptions are again, pretty wrong. "High Mage" translates as "Gives +50% Magic Resistance" and Runic and Runic Armor are meshed together and crash to the desktop if you hover your cursor over them.

I'd also like to see how Tirexes, Fauns and Goblins were strenghtened (why Goblins, they were overpowered already...)

ckdamascus
12-27-2010, 01:58 AM
Did they also fix the over-powered Astral Damage of the Goblin and Blood Orc Shamans that bypassed Defense until now? They only mention the regular Shaman.

Also - bugs that still exist:

- Royal Griffins still don't increase Rune Mage Morale. And my mod that fixes this no longer works. :(
- Rune Mage Abilities descriptions are again, pretty wrong. "High Mage" translates as "Gives +50% Magic Resistance" and Runic and Runic Armor are meshed together and crash to the desktop if you hover your cursor over them.

I'd also like to see how Tirexes, Fauns and Goblins were strenghtened (why Goblins, they were overpowered already...)

Normal Goblins don't do Astral Damage, but you mean the "Defense does not count" issue with Poison Axe? Not sure.

As for Goblin Shaman, they still do ungodly Astral Damage with their crappy "self destruction" ability, and it seems to still bypass defenses. Rakush was able to wipe out my army in one round. Oops.

It seems only the Orc Shaman is noticably weaker (thank god, I can treat it like a normal unit that can't one hit my Level 5s).

You are correct on the Rune Mage thing. Ugh.

BB Shockwave
12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
I meant Goblin and Blood Shamans - IE, Goblin Shamans. But you are right, let's not forget about the Goblin's Slam Down attack either.

Ok... so, anyone managed to locate the attack/damage mechanics in the KFS files yet? It seems it'll be up to us to fix this.

ckdamascus
12-28-2010, 12:36 PM
I meant Goblin and Blood Shamans - IE, Goblin Shamans. But you are right, let's not forget about the Goblin's Slam Down attack either.

Ok... so, anyone managed to locate the attack/damage mechanics in the KFS files yet? It seems it'll be up to us to fix this.

Blood Shamans SEEM a little weaker in this patch. I guess all that training with the others in how to deal with them has helped a lot. e.g. forcing Target, etc.

Not to mention, I was rolling with two stacks of Rune Mages to greatly increase my odds of sheeping the enemy. ;)

It is unfortunate that if you use Target, and force an air unit next to the Goblin Shaman, they will still use their Astral attack, so you have to use shoot-through techniques (no retaliation attacks by Dragons and Gorguls) or sheep them before engaging, or use ranged to whittle them down.

BB Shockwave
12-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Or bring Witch Hunters, Phantom them and Shackle those Goblins. :) I know those guys are pretty weak in combat, but they are excellent crowd control against mages.

ckdamascus
12-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Or bring Witch Hunters, Phantom them and Shackle those Goblins. :) I know those guys are pretty weak in combat, but they are excellent crowd control against mages.

Yeah, although I was going for a semi-fast run, so I couldn't afford to carry them. Plus, they are harder to keep alive.

But, in one battle witch hunters spawned alongside with goblin shamans AND I always have rune mages with me.

So, I got lucky and summoned some witch hunters, ah... no more worries. :)

As a mage, I have been dealing with geyser freaks by using ... Rune Mages, Dragons, and the new Dragon of Chaos and Ancient Phoenix. Surprisingly muuuch easier to deal with.

Once I use lower level units, I basically need a paladin for more efficient resurrection.

BB Shockwave
12-28-2010, 03:07 PM
I am around level 25 now, and found Rune Mages to be... too costly. I mean, I need those runes for vital skills, and without at least 10 runes of each lying around, Rune Mages are nothing special (not for that Leadership cost).

ckdamascus
12-28-2010, 04:37 PM
I am around level 25 now, and found Rune Mages to be... too costly. I mean, I need those runes for vital skills, and without at least 10 runes of each lying around, Rune Mages are nothing special (not for that Leadership cost).

Yeah, you really need some powerful strategies to do it. Totally worth it for me though. I ended up soloing most of the early game with just one Rune Mage (found the Jesus Sandals, er... Sandals of the Martyr). :)

That said, I only care/need magic runes to be up to around 17-18 so I can get Sheep.

The mind runes are somewhat useful to raise the Rune Mage's life, the might runes are totally worthless to me for the Rune Mage.

I suppose it makes sense that this is why the Rune Mage is most ideal for Mage classes. For any other class, it can be really painful, as they really need to get some magic powers, and have verry few magic runes to work with early on.

DeepSoul
07-22-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm using Windows 7 64bit and I already regret it. The game works fine with patch 1.3 but when I install 1.3.1 the screen goes black and I can't see any intro videos. Also, it didn't fix the crash I had in Wizard's tower first floor. Well done!

ckdamascus
07-22-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm using Windows 7 64bit and I already regret it. The game works fine with patch 1.3 but when I install 1.3.1 the screen goes black and I can't see any intro videos. Also, it didn't fix the crash I had in Wizard's tower first floor. Well done!

Worked fine for me (1.3.1 win7 64 bit).

Try manually changing the video resolution mode?

DeepSoul
07-23-2011, 12:32 AM
It worked when I updated my graphics driver and I suspect that the crash is caused by a mod so I'm taking back my complaints. This might actually make the game more stable.

BB Shockwave
12-27-2014, 12:12 AM
So, oddly my game has been "downgraded" to 1.3.0. Not sure how, or why.
And I cannot install the patch. I select the directory, and it starts installing, then stops with "unknown error". And this is an install of the game I bought fair and square in a hungarian store... English language, even. :( It's the Game of the Year Edition... maybe that's the problem?