PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Knowledge when to use?

Kalenden
12-08-2010, 04:35 PM
When is the best time to use the "Ancient Knowledge" wanderer spell (+50% exp for 5 fights)? I'm currently questing on Scarlet wind and I'm planning to use it when I'm ready for all the boss/hero charachters on hat island. Unless you guys have a better suggestion.

Autoclave
12-08-2010, 04:38 PM
there is a thread about a guy that did AP in 7 days. In his post you will find the list of enemies that AK is best used with.

Kalenden
12-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks, I've found it.

rollems
12-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Link ?

Minecontrol
12-14-2010, 04:06 AM
In order of importance generally from most important to least... (i could be off a little with the order - eg some ordinary heroes give more than the huge bosses)

Use for the Bosses (except Baal of course), Driller, Gremlion, K'Tahu.

Use on Reha for the named heroes there.

Shinobi (Queen Guardian on Elon), maybe King guardian too.

Sheterra - the flayer hero (gave me a huge amount), the archdemon, the Death night npc, Scrounger

Nameless (only if you have used them on the above) then the Castle necro hero, and some of the other heroes here.

Demenion, the Champion on Verona..

The last two Tower of Eventus rooms...

If any left over (use on heroes in Reha, Elon, Nameless, Sheterra - first - then heroes on Verona, the orc island, Tekron, the island in the North ) Use on heroes before normal stacks.

BB Shockwave
12-14-2010, 06:46 AM
I'd rather know when to use Flaming Eye scrolls! I have found, like, three of them! :) I used one for Bhaal in my last game and that was the only one I found...

Metathron
12-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Use them for the toughest fights, of course.

Pwnd
12-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Has anybody made a ranked list of the encounters that give most EXP? It could be interesting to see exactly who to go for if you have a certain number of AK scrolls.

BB Shockwave
12-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Use them for the toughest fights, of course.

Seems like a waste of money to hire troops, then put them in castles after the fight.

Though, since now I have about 4 of them, I might use one, hire troops, then go around defeating the toughest enemies in one go on Verona.

Metathron
12-19-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm assuming you'll level up fast(er) due to the use of AK scrolls and so need the excess troops to "fill up the edges" anyway. The rest can wait in your reserves.

BB Shockwave
12-19-2010, 07:16 PM
I have only found one AK scroll so far, they are quite scarce.

But I did use a Burning Eyes scroll to defeat the Elon map guardian in Verona, it was a tough battle (about 130 Knights were the biggest pain there) but I managed to do it no-loss.