PDA

View Full Version : edit units, increase difficulty

Minecontrol
12-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Is there any way to change the stats of a Unit across the board so that all of that Unit will show the change? How do i do this?

Is there any way to change the number of hostile enemies that spawn (say, increase them by 30%) so that i can play through the Orcs quest again making it much more challenging?

DeepSoul
07-26-2011, 08:31 AM
1. If you open data.kfs with winrar you can find several atom files there containing info on units. You have to extract the file you want and edit it with a text editor like wordpad, then put it in orcs.kfs.

2. If you use "adventure mod" the difficulty is already increased a bit. But then you have to put the atom files into /sessions/ootm_v2.

infernal1800
07-28-2011, 04:05 AM
Is there any way to change the stats of a Unit across the board so that all of that Unit will show the change? How do i do this?

Is there any way to change the number of hostile enemies that spawn (say, increase them by 30%) so that i can play through the Orcs quest again making it much more challenging?

-If you want to change the strength of enemy, you can tweak logic.txt file which locate in session/orc.kfs file. You can extract the file by winrar and save it back into the rar file or you can extract it into a folder and start editing.

-If you want to change the number of enemy in the map. You have to use the editor which may be more difficult and complicated. But you can find a tutorial of Editor in the file "editor.pdf" located in game's folder.

I'm creating a mod that contain my maps and the editor provide nearly everything that i need :)