PDA

View Full Version : No loss impossible with max ranged units?

quachtrinh
12-06-2010, 03:27 AM
I've heard abt this stragery but don't know how to play.Does anyone finish the game with it?Plz tell me which equipments is the best.Which units should i use in early,mid and late game?Which strageries is suitable?
Thanks in advance!

ckdamascus
12-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I've heard abt this stragery but don't know how to play.Does anyone finish the game with it?Plz tell me which equipments is the best.Which units should i use in early,mid and late game?Which strageries is suitable?
Thanks in advance!

I usually do this technique. However, you really need to "wing" it until you get your "ultimate" army. Your key damaging units aren't going to be found until mid-game unless you are a great kiter, and even then, it's frustrating to restock them, unless you carry a large surplus in your reserve.

Here are some general rules of thumb.

You can go either human/elves or orc. With the new buffs, I think orcs might be more fun, or you can pick whichever one has better items for you. Orcs are so strong, they might be able to do this even without the items I listed.

You should pick Warrior Class so you can get triple weapons (+1 from your companion).

The idea is to get close to, or hit 100% criticals. Few enemies can withstand your might, except certain level 5 battles, some unit combinations, and some bosses.

Human/Elf
The ultimate army is going to comprise of
Paladins - resurrectors, second wind your best shooter
Hunters
Elves
Archers
Royal Griffins

Companion Hero - Trigger

Orc
Paladins
Goblins - your ultimate damager
Goblin Shaman - they rip resistances down on stronger stacks, not that they will survive that long, but bosses might. :)
Catapults with Goblins
Royal Griffins

Companion Hero - Moldok OR Trigger OR Rakush

The general idea is 3 shooters, Paladins, and one aerial "interdictor".

Once you get phantom, life is much easier since you will be using phantom royal griffins to summon heavenly guards. Position them to help tank for you.

OR, you can Target the royal griffins, then use Turn Back Time on them.

As for level 5s, those fights are going to be a little more tedious for resurrections, especially dragons. This is where Plague (for black dragons), Helplessness (for the other Level 5s) really shines. IF you picked Rakush, the Level 5s should fall quite easily.

When you resurrect, you want to use your main Paladin, then use Turn Back Time, then do NOTHING that turn, then use resurrection again. Of course, have all your shooters "surround" your paladin for maximum benefit.

Or you can use phantom on the paladins.

Berserker Axe
If you go with the goblins, you would LIKE Berserker Axe, which gives +30% critical. Catapults get a bonus to critical at like adrenaline level 3? Once orcs score their first kill, their morale boost helps you get to 100% critical.

Assassin Dagger or Whip of Pain

Dagger of Judgement

For Humans/Elves, you might want the
Self Loading Crossbow -> Arbator (from the Driller), or any of the other physical damage bows.

Sniper Set for the extra critical bonus

Or potentially any morale boosting items depending on how far away your critical % is from 100%.

Driller is tricky to kill unless you save him for later. While his Bow prize is good, I don't think it is worth the the trouble of the single stack Troll combo you need to beat him early on.

Later on, you can sweep him with enough damage OR you can beat him with this army, but you will probably require Twinkling boots and level 3 Guardian Shield and Stoneskin.

Paladin
Orc Veteran
Goblin

:)

Ok, hope this is enough for you to get started.