PDA

View Full Version : Finding the right game

Vulture
12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Hey folks !

I just dug out this jewel of a game again and I'm totally nerding it again.

I want to go for a no loss campaign (as always) but until now I never cared what spells I got early on as I was always either playing a Paladin or was a lucky bastard finding Resurrection in Darion already.

Thing is, now I'm not that lucky anymore and I'm aiming for another Warrior game. Unfortunately I forgot the locations in Darion where Resurrection has the possibility of appearing in the shops.

I remember that Mark's Castle, Knight's Temple, Magic School, Magic Academy, Desecrated Temple (the one on the cemetary) and the Furious Paladin have a chance to have Resurrection.

Do I remember correctly ? Did I miss one or is one wrong ? Help a veteran with a bad memory out, will ya ? :> :)

Second question is that I know for a fact that there is a tiny chance that there are Ancient Vampires in the cemetary of Marshan Swamp. I just forgot if they can only be in sarcophags or also in graves and carved coffins or even in that robber's shelter. Can anybody who knows about it fill me in on that again ? Greatly appreciated :)

P.S: Currently I'm checking every shop in Darion and if there is none, I start a new game. I could cut the time short by skipping those that cannot have it.
P.P.S: been checking the Forums all over but the results for the keywords in the search option are just overwhelmingly big ^^ Spent 2 hours already.

megachirops
12-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Try this: KBScanner - http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11780

It's posted in the Armored Princess forum, but it works for KB:TL too.

Saves a *bunch* of time if you are looking to start a game with specific items and/or scrolls.

Outputs a report of exactly what's in the game and where. Just create some saves and let it go to work. Then just take a look at the reports it generates to find a save that has what you want.

Vulture
12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Dude ! Awesome ! Thanks a ton !

Wow, what an awesome program, Evil-Good is a genius !

That makes all the searching and in-doubt-killing of the turtle to check the isles totally redundant. You made my day and my game xD

Vulture
12-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Another thing on a short note. Found an almost perfect game (for my playstyle/strategies). All the spells I need are available in Darion, Ancient Vampires in Demonis, tho. But it took me 2 hours of creating games and scanning them to find a game like this.

Do I remember correctly that I can finish the Lucky James Q by spending 100,000 without a single fight (except Turtle beforehand) ? And then get to the mines (and thus Demonis) ?

Another thing. Will I be able to buy/marry (zombie) Rina after finishing the quest Slave Traders ?

Argh, all these cobwebs in my brain :s

Thanks in advance :)