PDA

View Full Version : Orc tracker's total pain?

Metathron
11-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I've been puzzled by this for some time now and haven't seen anyone mentioning it, so I'll just go ahead and ask:

What is the deal with the orc tracker's summons taking damage out of nowhere (well, the tracker waves his sword a bit)? In the battle log it says "Total pain does .... damage, ... snakes died".

The only explanation I can think of is that the trackers' adrenaline went down a level and so the number of snakes adjusted to the power of the talent? But hmmm that doesn't feel right, aren't snakes a level 1 adrenaline summon anyway?

EDIT: Or do their numbers decrease as the orc trackers themselves die? If so, that's a bit of an odd effect.

atlatea
11-17-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm sure it's the latter.

I guess that's because the decrease in their health decrease the total leadership of the summons.

ckdamascus
11-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I've been puzzled by this for some time now and haven't seen anyone mentioning it, so I'll just go ahead and ask:

What is the deal with the orc tracker's summons taking damage out of nowhere (well, the tracker waves his sword a bit)? In the battle log it says "Total pain does .... damage, ... snakes died".

The only explanation I can think of is that the trackers' adrenaline went down a level and so the number of snakes adjusted to the power of the talent? But hmmm that doesn't feel right, aren't snakes a level 1 adrenaline summon anyway?

EDIT: Or do their numbers decrease as the orc trackers themselves die? If so, that's a bit of an odd effect.

Another possibility is the orc tracker was hit with a post effect such as burning or poison.

In that case, the snake takes the hit for the orc tracker.

atlatea
11-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Anyway, this orc tracker is the weirdest summoner ever, other summoners's summon won't receive damage even if its summoner are completely wiped out.

BB Shockwave
11-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Umm, isn't that effect because you have killed off the Orc Trackers? The damage they got is halved and half of it is imposed on their animal companions. If that was more then their HP, they'd die... They don't die automatically when the Orc Trackers are killed, I know, I faced them in battle quite a few times.

Madstrike
09-19-2011, 05:21 AM
Umm, isn't that effect because you have killed off the Orc Trackers? The damage they got is halved and half of it is imposed on their animal companions. If that was more then their HP, they'd die... They don't die automatically when the Orc Trackers are killed, I know, I faced them in battle quite a few times.

so after they summon, every time they get hit, the damage will be split between them?

Fatt_Shade
09-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Come on ppl, this is simple game on numbers :-)
HUnters summon 70-100 lds units, they are 160 lds. So they summon 45-65% of their troop, and split their dmg in half with their summons, thets best part. Hunters are great tankers with this skill, with 20% basic physical res, and guardian medal.
Hunter get attack dmg is halfed with summon, is summon is attacked hunter take no dmg, but if hunter is under poison/burn every turn part of that dmg will be transfered with summons. This is important because they also have 20% poison res so that dmg will be lower then from burn, so if attacking enemy huters fire is better then poison to kill their summons faster.
And as for first question `Total pain` is what says every time hunters split dmg with summons, that`s skill name. Lds of summoned units doesnt depend of hunter numbers decresing during battle, but of dmg they split with hunters. So if 100 bears are summoned by 100 hunters, and you kill 20 hunters, bears will not lose 20 units, but they loss will be 50% of dmg done to hunters considering bear resistances. It`s a bit tricky to get this on start, but it`s all simple math:-D
When dealing with enemy hunters best way to kill them is fire/magic dmg since they dont have res to it. If they summons somehow stay alive after hunters die (it happens sometimes) it`s because of resistances- if they summon fire dragonflyes hunters will die before them of fire dmg, since dragonfly have basic fire res . . .
If you play red sands or RSE mod, take in consideration that hunters will have exp and maybe higher res per unit lvl, but their summons will NOT, so hunter may have all res on 10% or more, but summoned troops have resistances as any other unit 1lvl.

Madstrike
09-25-2011, 04:23 AM
oh nice, so maybe archmages would be a good support unit if using them as tanks, correct me if Im wrong, but if he summons in the beginning of battle, plus magic shield from archmages means they will take 1/4 of the damage dealt to them, other 1/4 going to the summons and 1/2 absorbed by the magic shield?

Fatt_Shade
09-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Archmage is great support for almost any other unit, but your idea is correct, it works great for tanking role.