PDA

View Full Version : Orcs: which companion you think is best?

RichardTyler
11-16-2010, 10:32 AM
As topic says, which companion you consider to be the best in Orcs? In KB the Legend, I think ppl consider Xeona as the best late game companion.

Also, is there a cap on max lvl in Orcs? In KB Legend I think it's Lvl30. In AP I got over lvl50 and there seem no cap?

ckdamascus
11-16-2010, 11:40 AM
As topic says, which companion you consider to be the best in Orcs? In KB the Legend, I think ppl consider Xeona as the best late game companion.

Also, is there a cap on max lvl in Orcs? In KB Legend I think it's Lvl30. In AP I got over lvl50 and there seem no cap?

Depends on your goals, your army build, and your class.

If you use orcs, Moldok is indispensable, especially in Crossworlds.

If you use goblins, Rakush is "pretty good", moldok is still good for goblins too though.

Elenhel is a pretty popular choice for the intellect buff.

Some people who go for the max XP runs need to end up going with Elenhel in the end since Elenhel will fight you, so that is extra XP. Also if they are doing a speed run, they have to stick with elenhel to avoid going back to get another companion.

Moro is good for the Black Splinter, but then most people dump him after that. Again, if you like undead, moro is good. :)

Personally, I've been ending up with any hero with a weapon slot lately.

Trigger is nice for the 100% critical shooter build.

I guess Gaudi is good if you want to hit 50% critical builds and have trouble with the last few islands with demons and undead.

Jim actually has a decent item selection at times, and with the blood of the goddess, is one of the only three companions who can wear a dress. (Agvares and elenhel are the other two).

I suppose the best companion really does depend on a lot of other factors. Again, it all depends on your goals.

If your build is extremely item specific, you are better off picking a hero who has all the right slots for you.

If your build relies on the heroes secondary attributes, like moldoks +1 speed +1 init for orcs, you clearly go for them.

If you want the maximum XP, you need to end up with elenhel by level 40 or so to fight him.

Good thing there are a handful of viable end game combinations, so a lot of the companions are useful in different situations.

There is no level cap here, but it can be very difficult. I think the highest so far is level 63 by unicornxp. :)

atlatea
11-17-2010, 11:31 AM
ck has covered most of it, however i have some other things to add.

Use save game scanner to plan your companion, it can help you decide your companion, unless you love blind game.