PDA

View Full Version : Great maps/campaigns & excellent editor support can dramatically incr. game life...

Steven Aus
11-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Great maps and campaigns and good support from the devs can extend a game's life immeasurably, so why aren't they supporting it? Really, the editor is IMHO the only real reason to buy KB: CW, but if it is essentially non-functional, buggy and undocumented, well, it's sad to say it but there are definitely other games with functional, well-supported and reasonably powerful editors. The editor has to be well-supported to get any of the game life and extended sales benefits of user maps and campaigns, like with HOMM2 and 3 especially.

Best regards,
Steven.

joasoz
11-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi Steven Aus - assume you are the same guy as in the Elemental forums?

I agree totally, I love the Kings Bounty series, but it has ended on a low. I was expecting all kinds of maps/missions to show up, but I havent seen a single one. Its a ripoff :(

I would also like to state that Kings Bounty II should be in the works, not a MMO or whatever. Just make it and make money while making gamers happy...

Mandea
11-11-2010, 09:21 AM
However they can't make a KB2 yet. They need some time to see what's wrong in KB1 and what should be done to enrich this game further (new race, artefacts etc are good but maybe not enough).

joasoz
11-12-2010, 08:04 AM
However they can't make a KB2 yet. They need some time to see what's wrong in KB1 and what should be done to enrich this game further (new race, artefacts etc are good but maybe not enough).

There are more than enough new stuff to add:
1. A working map editor
2. A more random story that will be different on each playthrough. Random NPC`s, random quests, random areas to visit and much more
3. Removal of some cheeze tactic options

This alone would make KB2 a much better game than KB1. Its been more than two years since the first KB game (not counting the really old one).

Mandea
11-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Yes, but there is nothing groundbreaking in your post and I guess Katauri doesn't want just a better add-on. What you wrote down seems like a better add-on even to me. So in my opinion they need some to take some time to approach the game from a different angle and "repair" things which aren't quite right and come up with something new. I'd rather they don't hurry than have a KB2 =KB1++.

What about a new graphic engine? This alone would take them some time.
What about doing more things than KB? (owning a castle maybe etc)
What about a believable story and told differently than KB1 (not texts)? etc
I don't know what they want to do with the franchise so I can only speculate but they certainly need time to see the whole picture (even small details can make a big difference in this game).

onepiece
11-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Yeah but they are not going (or at least very slowly) since they are busy with Royal Quest so it will be until 2012-2013 for a new "full" KB game (but I think we may get a little add-on next year; not that I have some info on it just a feeling).