PDA

View Full Version : Great maps/campaigns & excellent editor support can dramatically incr. game life...

Steven Aus
11-10-2010, 09:28 AM
Great maps and campaigns and good support from the devs can extend a game's life immeasurably, so why aren't they supporting it? Really, the editor is IMHO the only real reason to buy KB: CW, but if it is essentially non-functional, buggy and undocumented, well, it's sad to say it but there are definitely other games with functional, well-supported and reasonably powerful editors. The editor has to be well-supported to get any of the game life and extended sales benefits of user maps and campaigns.

Best regards,
Steven.

malcolmm
11-12-2010, 05:22 PM
The editor seems to be really powerful, but from the postings here, it seems somewhat buggy.

I'm not much of a scenario designer myself, but I would love to play some new mini campaigns. I think it would be great if the developers published some paid DLC to get the ball rolling. It would bring in some income, and show people what the editor is capable of. I know there are already two mini campaigns in Crossworlds, but both are short, and two is not enough. I would be happy to pay for this extra content.