PDA

View Full Version : Will you allow KB: Crossworlds on Impulse without activation limits?

Steven Aus
11-10-2010, 09:01 AM
With Impulse any game bought is tied to a specific account, so only the person who has bought the game can install the game. If you remove the requirement for activation limits and just have Impulse tie the game purchase to one specific Impulse account, then I will buy the game on Impulse (I already own The Legend and Armored Princess on Impulse, and The Legend on GoG.com). I will not however be buying the game on Steam or with activation limits.

Will you consider removing the activation limit requirement for Impulse purchases, especially since The Legend and Armored Princess already have no activation limits?

Best regards,
Steven.

Jah
11-10-2010, 10:43 AM
You could buy it from Gamersgate, who don't have activation limits. From their FAQ:

How many times can I download and/or install my games?

Any game bought on GamersGate is yours to download and install as many times you like. Some games are protected with an activation limit, but that limit is easily reset with an email to support@gamersgate.com

AModernMajorGeneral
11-11-2010, 02:03 AM
I just registered to add my voice to the request for the removal of activation limits on the Impulse version of Crosswords.

I've been a rabid fan of King's Bounty since The Legend's release, and being introduced to 1C also got me interested in the Elven Legacy series. However, after some bad experiences in the past, I will not purchase games that have limited activations, especially through services that already link purchases to an account (ala Steam and Impulse) I've got both The Legend and Armored Princess through Impulse, so going cross service for an expansion isn't an option I'm looking at currently.

I'd really like to be able to support 1C further and purchase Crossworlds to continue the KB goodness. Please consider removing the activation limits from Impulse so the happy can continue ;)

ckdamascus
11-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I just registered to add my voice to the request for the removal of activation limits on the Impulse version of Crosswords.

I've been a rabid fan of King's Bounty since The Legend's release, and being introduced to 1C also got me interested in the Elven Legacy series. However, after some bad experiences in the past, I will not purchase games that have limited activations, especially through services that already link purchases to an account (ala Steam and Impulse) I've got both The Legend and Armored Princess through Impulse, so going cross service for an expansion isn't an option I'm looking at currently.

I'd really like to be able to support 1C further and purchase Crossworlds to continue the KB goodness. Please consider removing the activation limits from Impulse so the happy can continue ;)

Yeah. I purchased Crossworld's via Impulse. I don't know how 1C does their activation scheme, but I only have two computers: a laptop and desktop. I never share my accounts.

Yet, somehow, I have burned 3 activations despite never changing the hardware.

Their activation scheme somehow identified my new laptop with different hardware IDs. I'm not completely sure how it did that. (it does have that strange dual video card thing).

I am that insane of a fan, that I would have been willing to try out the new beta patch. However, given that you need a clean installation and you have a limited number of de-activations PLUS you have a wonky system that seems to burn through activations... it is suicide to risk uninstalling the game at all!

I would gladly pay more money for a solid retail version that simply works. I thought sales for King's Bounty Armored Princess was good, even without that activation limit?

AModernMajorGeneral
01-06-2011, 09:29 PM
It has been nearly two months since the original request. Some response would be appreciated. I've already passed up one very nice sale for Crossworlds on Impulse, I'd like to know whether there's any hope that these restrictions will be eased before another comes along.