PDA

View Full Version : Editor documentation?

RichardTyler
11-03-2010, 08:16 AM
Greetings,

Where can I download editor documentation? It says the editor comes with a full documentation, but I can't find it. I believe it depends on the game version, perhaps.

It can be in Russian, it can be in English, anything... please... :)

Any place where I could grab the documentation from?

piorun
12-02-2010, 11:45 PM
On Steam version documentation is here: \Steam\steamapps\common\kings bounty armored princess\Editor.pdf

dvunkannon
12-17-2010, 03:57 AM
On Steam version documentation is here: \Steam\steamapps\common\kings bounty armored princess\Editor.pdf

Plus chapters 3 and 4 of manual.pdf, the game manual.

dvunkannon
12-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Here is a basic UI behavior of the editor I haven't found documented anywhere.

To paint a surface with textures, click on the blue paintbrush button in the Landscapes palette. A separate window will pop up, allowing you to click on a texture sample and begin painting with it.

Textures are organized into groups called categories. The texture window can change categories by clicking on the button at the top of the window that is labelled with the category you are currently using. Clicking this button brings up another window allowing you to change categories.

To change categories using the category tree view, double click on the highlighted (bold font) category, which should be the category you have been working with. Then double click the category you want. Click Ok at the bottom of the window. The category tree view window will close, and the texture window will update to display the textures of the chosen category.

WARNING: It is possible to confuse the interface by highlighting (double clicking) more than one category, or by highlighting the new category first, and un-highlighting the current category afterwards.

While the texture window displays the typical minimize, maximize, and close buttons, only the maximize button works. The only way to close the texture window is to switch to a different tool (blue button under Landscapes), or switch out of the Landscapes UI completely.
--------------------

Note to developers - the right way to do this kind of tree control is with a control that puts check marks next to the items, if you really did want to allow the user to pick multiple categories and use them all at once. Otherwise, if you only want the user to work with one category at a time, a single click on the new category would have been much simpler.

Besides the above, I haven't quite figured out how the editor connects the contents of your sourcemedia folder to the texture UI. The categories in the categories tree view window seem to correspond to the subfolders of materials but the names can vary. For example, the "UndeadDungeon" category corresponds to the "DeadTomb" folder. Where does the editor store this information? Where does it store the tooltip that floats over the texture? I'd like to use Google Translate to swap all of these into English, and it would go a lot faster if I could find them all in one file.
There also seem to be some problems with the texture list - it doesn't show all the textures in the folder. I'm pretty sure this derives from having this intermediate recordkeeping of the textures that has to be manually updated by the user.