PDA

View Full Version : XBOX upgrade/update

bobbysocks
11-02-2010, 04:03 PM
if you havent turned your xbox on in a few days...when you do you will be prompted to jump through all the hoops for the new and exciting update...( insert a sarcastic face thingy here ). you will be told if you decide not to accept the new terms.. ( they can bounce your @$$ off the network whenever they decide and with no good reason...simply should a bug crawl up their butt and tell them to do so) you will not be permited into xbox live. also expect ( unless they fixed it after last night which i doubt) to get generously disconnected and otherwise get bumped off line...( hint for today ) dont play long games. i am sure a competent team of trained professionals are working diligently to rectify this situation and will resolve it short and timely manner. <<< why i own an mac.

Robotic Pope
11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
if you havent turned your xbox on in a few days...when you do you will be prompted to jump through all the hoops for the new and exciting update...( insert a sarcastic face thingy here ). you will be told if you decide not to accept the new terms.. ( they can bounce your @$$ off the network whenever they decide and with no good reason...simply should a bug crawl up their butt and tell them to do so) you will not be permited into xbox live. also expect ( unless they fixed it after last night which i doubt) to get generously disconnected and otherwise get bumped off line...( hint for today ) dont play long games. i am sure a competent team of trained professionals are working diligently to rectify this situation and will resolve it short and timely manner. <<< why i own an mac.

On the positive side, party chat now sounds much better, clearer and crisper. Its kind of weird to hear your friends speak now, its like their voices have a new dimension that wasn't hearable before.
Game chat seems to be the same as before though.
Some people don't like the white backbrounds but I'm starting to like it.

The disconnection problems have been happening on and off for the last week before the update came out. I expect this is because of the work being done and swiching servers about, stuff like that. In previous years xbox live has had to be taken down completely for a day while the servers were maintained or major update installed and then you would still get disruptions for a few days afterwards. I guess with the extra servers gained from the death of original xbox live they can now get it done without any downtime but we still have to expect some disruption.

bobbysocks
11-02-2010, 05:14 PM
yeah i know. i am used to MS updates...and dread them...haha. everytime we see here at work that on such and such a day they will update the system....there is a mad dash to back everything up...hide info...make sure anything on your desktop you really want is saved to some other "approved" device. i have come back and lost everything...documents, reports, pictures, .... its grit your teeth, clench your butt cheeks togther and hit "enter". i am sure it will all work out...after a few frustrating days.
:grin:

FOZ_1983
11-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Party chat is much clearer, but still the random drops from it etc. Tad annoying. Game chat will remain the same, this is normal though as its not down to M/S. As long as nothnig breaks or charges me extra then i dont mind. They should remove all music add ons etc from the game market place "new arrivals" though and just have them in the music folders that now appear. Its annoying as hell fishing through all those songs to see if anything new has been released.

Robotic Pope
11-04-2010, 05:12 PM
When downloading the Apache demo, I found the option to choose where the demo was install has disapeared, so I had no way of installing it to my usb drive. I'd have to move it to the usb stick afterwards. As it is this time I won't bother as i will be deleting it very soon when the game is released. But this could be anoying in the future.

hurricane
11-04-2010, 11:56 PM
On the positive side, party chat now sounds much better, clearer and crisper. Its kind of weird to hear your friends speak now, its like their voices have a new dimension that wasn't hearable before.
Game chat seems to be the same as before though.
Some people don't like the white backbrounds but I'm starting to like it.

The disconnection problems have been happening on and off for the last week before the update came out. I expect this is because of the work being done and swiching servers about, stuff like that. In previous years xbox live has had to be taken down completely for a day while the servers were maintained or major update installed and then you would still get disruptions for a few days afterwards. I guess with the extra servers gained from the death of original xbox live they can now get it done without any downtime but we still have to expect some disruption.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy?

Robotic Pope
11-05-2010, 12:45 AM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyy?

Yup I can't wait to hear that in new clearer party chat edition :P

bobbysocks
11-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Yup I can't wait to hear that in new clearer party chat edition :P

with it being clearer will i lose my us accent??? :grin:

OldDuke6
11-27-2010, 07:57 PM
with it being clearer will i lose my us accent??? :grin:

You had one to begin with? ROFLMAO:shock: