PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Golbin shaman with their astral attack

rollems
11-01-2010, 08:02 PM
i have trouble doing a no loss vs these guys specially if there are 3 stacks of them.. i am playing paladin amelie, so i can fear just one and if get lucky with rune mage sheep another.. but then 3rd one give so much damage to my Archmage or Inquiestor. and they always start at lvl3 adraneline....
i also have the armor which gives 50% astral resistance. but still :(
any suggestions?

ckdamascus
11-01-2010, 08:40 PM
i have trouble doing a no loss vs these guys specially if there are 3 stacks of them.. i am playing paladin amelie, so i can fear just one and if get lucky with rune mage sheep another.. but then 3rd one give so much damage to my Archmage or Inquiestor. and they always start at lvl3 adraneline....
i also have the armor which gives 50% astral resistance. but still :(
any suggestions?

You can wait for the Goblin Shaman nerf that is coming up next patch. :)

One "flaw" with these Goblin Shaman is they tend to focus fire out a single stack of your favorite mage or ranged unit.

You can use Turn Back Time to help reverse the most severe bits of the damage.

You can also use Dryads with their "Lullaby" ability to mass-sleep the shaman in one round. Hopefully you can capitalize on this moment to cripple them. (this is atlatea's idea, very good idea!)

If you have a verrry fast interceptor unit, you can use it to help blitz out units as well, since the Goblin Shaman only attack as "mere" physical damage.

loreangelicus
11-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Target level 2-3 on your toughest and/or easiest to resurrect unit. Goblin shamans are ranged and would use their regular attacks against that unit.

ckdamascus
11-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Target level 2-3 on your toughest and/or easiest to resurrect unit. Goblin shamans are ranged and would use their regular attacks against that unit.

Ugh, why do I always forget about Target. :)

loreangelicus
11-02-2010, 10:55 AM
I forgot about it too, until I saw it mentioned in another post. :)

It is easy to forget about this quite powerful spell since in KBAP you rarely get to use it in the latter stages of the game since by that time you really don't have any battles wherein a level 1-4 unit would give you problems; only level 5 units give you pause, and Target doesn't work on level 5 units.

And then came the Goblin Shamans. :)

ckdamascus
11-02-2010, 11:00 AM
I forgot about it too, until I saw it mentioned in another post. :)

It is easy to forget about this quite powerful spell since in KBAP you rarely get to use it in the latter stages of the game since by that time you really don't have any battles wherein a level 1-4 unit would give you problems; only level 5 units give you pause, and Target doesn't work on level 5 units.

And then came the Goblin Shamans. :)

I still brute force them now. :) Or take in, and resist/recover.

Target seems FAR FAR FAR more efficient though. I was just never a big fan of it since Phantom seems SO much better as a starter spell with both a Warrior or Mage!

Argh, I am still mulling over how to make the Paladin Class work in an insane way. Something nearly overpowered like the mega range Warrior team. :)

Elwin
11-02-2010, 02:15 PM
havent got to these stage yet, but i use target like mad, its my favorite spell ^^.

rollems
11-02-2010, 05:20 PM
thanks target it is