PDA

View Full Version : I've come a long way...

ckdamascus
11-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Wow, reading some of those older threads, it is really fun to see how the old "pros" of King's Bounty Armored Princess clamored to find the best strategies and such. :)

I remember as a mage I could never beat Ktahu easily in Impossible mode, even with the Black Knights because I was missing Frenzy and the Splinter. Not too many people were able to tell me clearly what was the problem. I wasn't experienced enough to get the answer myself either. They were telling me splinter was the key. It helps a lot, but gosh, who wants to restart their game?

Thankfully, since I've learned the evil game mechanics, I was able to realize my biggest flaw back then was probably totally underestimating the power of -X% in leadership and Frenzy.

One point in Frenzy (to converge to 3X damage), Flaming Eyes, Black Helmet, and EvilN was all I really needed.

-20% in leadership (for units that have > 100ish leadership) is worth FAR more than +damage items.

In fact, leadership is worth far more against the high end bosses than anything else, since the faster you kill them, the better off you are. :)

You only need one point in frenzy, but if you can slap on more, go for it.

Just saved myself a lot of time. I would have had to drop Agvares and go back for Splinter of Darkness. Whew. :)

Of course, Splinter would have made the battle much much faster.

DGDobrev
11-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Good work, ckdamascus! I certainly agree that you've come a long way. You're developing strategies, you're finding new ways of winning battles, you discover additional stuff that can help anyone - now that's what I call becoming a pro :)

onepiece
11-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Congrats Ck, 1 step closer to the title of "Legend" XD.

Aside from that I want to say that if you find the Black Helmet the game gets ridiculously easy for you since it's 100% sure you can get the splinter of darkness and get (-20% req for Dark K., +3defense, +10 attack to D.K and they always retaliate plus 2 moral to undead). It must be one of the most easy and powerful sets that exists (only needs 2 items). It's curious how just a few items can completely change the usefulness of a unit.

Now with all those bonus and their own abilities, those knights could get in battle up to:

Lds: 120
Atk: 46.4
Df: 39.4 (61,6 with max mastery)
Initiative, speed and health don't change
Dmg: 27-31 (with rising fury)
Crit: 36% (with rising fury)

Quite the pack huh?

ckdamascus
11-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Perhaps I spoke too soon, or I didn't want to deal with the drudgery of Baal with an Impossible Mage. I might actually need that splinter, or go with the old fashioned army build for Baal. (or learn his behavior a bit better)

Perhaps getting that Necro wand and bone dragons would have been feasible.

I think I would have to go with a full army against Baal, but alas, I hate long battles.

I revived my old Mega Orc Warrior game, which was Level 37 at the time.

I was using
Orc Veterans
Orcs
Paladins
Goblins
Orc Trackers

My melee centric build that didn't really pan out too well.

I rotated the units out (this is why I absolutely HATE destroying items, I routinely switch up my armies, so sometimes I end up destroying something nifty).

That said, I'm getting better at keeping the "maybe" items.

I basically mirrored what one guy did here with Archers, then impy did his version, then unicornxp did the Orc version.

I basically replicated unicornxp's style, but I'm not quite sure how he managed to make the Goblin Shaman the mass damage dealers.

Goblins were always the king for me. Go go Zeroing In!

Goblins
Goblin Shaman
Catapult
Paladin
Royal Griffins

Took out Ktahu in 6 rounds! :)

Baal went down in 15, but mostly because I had to wait for him to summon an imp stack and Sir Gilbert's army had to be weakened enough.

I got too bored with grinding through, so I basically skipped a large number of quests. I also wanted to make sure I could do it (beat the game) without wasting time "preparing" for it and/or if I had to switch things up.

I definitely did NOT optimize on travel time, but I might be able to do it again. I think I will take a big break for now. ;)

Elwin
11-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Congrats Ck, 1 step closer to the title of "Legend" XD.

Aside from that I want to say that if you find the Black Helmet the game gets ridiculously easy for you since it's 100% sure you can get the splinter of darkness and get (-20% req for Dark K., +3defense, +10 attack to D.K and they always retaliate plus 2 moral to undead). It must be one of the most easy and powerful sets that exists (only needs 2 items). It's curious how just a few items can completely change the usefulness of a unit.

Now with all those bonus and their own abilities, those knights could get in battle up to:

Lds: 120
Atk: 46.4
Df: 39.4 (61,6 with max mastery)
Initiative, speed and health don't change
Dmg: 27-31 (with rising fury)
Crit: 36% (with rising fury)

Quite the pack huh?

they acan be far more superior than u write.
First thing usiing talent trees u can raise their init to 9 and speed 4
I got once a screnshot of my BK from baal fight :
LD 98
atack 109
def 100
dmg 30-35
crit 100%

thats a power of black knight

onepiece
11-02-2010, 02:51 PM
@Elwin; yeah I know but I was referring only to the items for black Knight (splinter, moro, black helmet and the dark knights abilities). It would be a lot of work to do a research considering all the skills, items, units, spells, etc...