PDA

View Full Version : Mage - What level anger do you get?

ckdamascus
10-27-2010, 01:06 PM
As a mage, you have very few might runes for the Might Tree, especially if you have level 3 chaos and level 3 destruction.

I am about to finish my skull of pain transformation. What level Anger do you guys have? I have only level 1.

I have level 1 frenzy, but not sure if I should get Tactics or try to push for Caution. Onslaught?

I think Tactics is more important though... hm.

I am level 42, so I really don't have a lot more Might Runes left. Maybe 16 more runes when I hit level 50? I currently have 15. I already converted the Gladiator sword.

So, I have about 31 might runes left for this character.

onepiece
10-27-2010, 06:15 PM
I would recommend onslaught, and if you use archers quick draw, as it would help you win the first round by allowing you to use your magic at the beginning of the battle giving you quite the edge there (some magic for protection and then Armageddon or something like that)

P.S: Tactics shouldn't be that important to a Mage since your units are not your main weapon (your spells are). Your priority should keep your units alive (if you play no -Loss) and have units that can generate rage or mana if you run out of it, are very resistant and can resurrect.

ckdamascus
10-27-2010, 07:22 PM
I would recommend onslaught, and if you use archers quick draw, as it would help you win the first round by allowing you to use your magic at the beginning of the battle giving you quite the edge there (some magic for protection and then Armageddon or something like that)

P.S: Tactics shouldn't be that important to a Mage since your units are not your main weapon (your spells are). Your priority should keep your units alive (if you play no -Loss) and have units that can generate rage or mana if you run out of it, are very resistant and can resurrect.

Well, I use Archdemons, so I will almost always get first round, except against Ktahu boss. I might be able to beat him with the Mask of hate (does it work against bosses?), and level 3 onslaught.

Well, units are actually my main weapon in most of my mage games. In Impossible, it seems that you can't really do enough damage with spells, even with 60+ intellect.

Unless, I do the solo stack thing.

I tend to do support to increase the units damage and resistance to damage, etc.

So, phantom, plague, pygmy, stone skin, divine armor, helplessness, etc.

All in all, yeah, tactics might not make as much sense since I have mostly summoners and the enemy can rarely pierce through that easily through the summons.

I might consider caution or onslaught. Hm.

Metathron
10-27-2010, 08:16 PM
I usually grab only one level 1 of anger as well. My priorities are onslaught and frenzy.

BTW, did the Mask of Hate get changed in Crossworlds? All I remember it giving is +15 rage or something like that.

ckdamascus
10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I usually grab only one level 1 of anger as well. My priorities are onslaught and frenzy.

BTW, did the Mask of Hate get changed in Crossworlds? All I remember it giving is +15 rage or something like that.

Yeah, I would LIKE more anger, but I can't afford it compared to the other skills. Frenzy is definitely really powerful against bosses as well, and the faster scale would help me converge to the +60 attack vs defense bonus rather quickly.

Onslaught indirectly helps my Rage generation AND initiative early on. Since, Rage generation is actually a function of quite a few things, with MAXIMUM rage as one key factor.

Anger actually raises rage generation by both a fixed amount AND a percentage.

No. It has always been like that.

Pandemic Mask is +10 Rage only. If you upgrade it, it turns into the Mask of Rage which gives +15 Rage and -1 to the enemy's initiative.

It is great since the Black Dragon's aura does not work on level 5s.

BB Shockwave
10-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Caution only gives Physical Resistance, right? At least it did in KB:TL... which I played just recently. I get these mixed up often due to this.

Onslaught is a must for a Mage, even a Paladin. Especially great if you are fighting summoning units of Gremlin Towers, you can get a great attack rating soon.

Does Quick draw only affect "physical" archers? IE, like Cannoners, Repair Droids... but not mages like Monks or Necromancers?

The Pain Skull is, yes, a valid question. I have found it in my Mage walkthrough (hard) in The Legend, and even after 50 victories, I kept using it by itself. The +50% increase really helped, and (me using an all-undead army) Time Back was the only way to resurrect my Bone Dragons (if there weren't enemies around to Hypnotize and Sacrifice). But, after the Death Lands, I decided to transform it and the extra attack and intellect really matters, IMHO. For extra Rage income, there is also the Spear of Rage, although if you only have 1 weapon slot, it is not recommended.

Madstrike
09-30-2011, 06:26 PM
so anger increases the rage generation by a fixed amount and also percentage? I thought it was only by %, I have not put 1 single point in it since Ive been using the pain skull, and inquisitors to generate rage(Im a mage), however I think of ditching the inquisitors, maybe I should put at least 1 point into anger, but I also need other skills which I consider very important(Frenzy, Heroism, Onslaught), so every might run counts. I have Royal Snakes with the blue dragon, and also a snake boots, so my royal snakes always go first(also have lvl 3 adrenaline if I need to boost their initiative first turn) so I was wondering if 3 points into onslaught is rly necessary over other skills such as frenzy and heroism?

Fatt_Shade
09-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Little prob with rage% regeneration ppl. Anger gives you fixed +1/2/3 rage per attack /lvl of anger skill but NOT % of your max rage. It gives +20/40/60% more rage from dmg you made by attacking enemy. It`s also bug here about geting rage from dmging enemy with spells, no matter how much dmg you make you`ll get only 1rage/enemy stack (try it out with some mass like piranha shoal) but with other spells black hole/death star you`ll get huge amounts of mana, exp 5stack enemy with piranha shoal/earth blades/falling rocks no matter which lvl spell is you`ll get 5rage for using that spell, but with any other AOE spell you`ll get % of dmg you caused like it`s suposed. So anger doesnt give you % of your rage pool but % of dmg during battle. Higher max rage you have, higher is rage loss after battle be carefull with it ppl.

Other skills are all usefull, it only depends which mage build your using (suporter, summoner,spell dmg dealer etc). I think every build have some important skill :
1) summoner needs onslaught for geting more units before enemy acts
2) supporter caution+fenzy because his army is dmg dealing he only stone skin/hell breath . . . on them
3) dmg dealer needs onslaught and tactics((just 1 lvl though) for placing traps/death star before battle even start.
So take your pick, but this is only my oppinion. Anger lvl is left to chose form rest of might runes after taking this skills.
I n my curent playthrough with mage(supporter) i managed to get pet dragon to 65 lvl, so i took anger 3 lvl anger (i moded pet dragon files to add new lvl`s).

Madstrike
10-03-2011, 02:23 PM
hmm, I dont know what kind of mage build I am, I guess "supporter"? Im using royal snakes and snakes(have 2 snake boots and snake king ring), also orc tracker as a tank, and very often casting target on it(stone skin whenever needed as well), also archmages to support the orc, 5th unit Ive been using paladin recently, since his second wind is nice and he can also help res at end of battle(no losses). So seeing as I have my 2 snakes as main damage dealers, was thinking of pumping heroism and frenzy(I dont think caution is much important since I always buff the trackers, they can take the heat), tactics I dont feel its that much of an issue, since the snakes have very high init and speed, also have adrenaline lvl 3 so I make sure the trackers get the boost in the first round so I can put them ahead early on. Maybe Ill put 1 point into anger.