PDA

View Full Version : Sacrifice is Astral Damage

ckdamascus
10-24-2010, 01:09 AM
This means, if you are fortunate enough to have both Ghost Armor, Chaos Crown, Crystal Ball, and Leather Dress.....

Get ready to do some level 3 Sacrifices and restoring it with a mere HEALING spell.

Apparently it was documented as such, but I was too silly to realize it.

Xargon
10-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Huh. I was pretty sure I checked that back in AP (with gift bag) and thought the amount of health/units you get depended on the damage done. But I just tried it and astral resistance really makes sacrifice ridiculously good. With Ghost Armor, Chaos Crown and Crystal Ball (Leather Dress does not grant astral resistance) you receive more health/units than you lose.

Maybe the developers forgot about this - using archmage's magic shield, your gain is halved...

ckdamascus
10-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Huh. I was pretty sure I checked that back in AP (with gift bag) and thought the amount of health/units you get depended on the damage done. But I just tried it and astral resistance really makes sacrifice ridiculously good. With Ghost Armor, Chaos Crown and Crystal Ball (Leather Dress does not grant astral resistance) you receive more health/units than you lose.

Maybe the developers forgot about this - using archmage's magic shield, your gain is halved...

I think what you said makes more sense by design. I hope they dont' change it. :)

I didn't realize magic shield would reduce the gain.

Ah, I didn't have a leather dress, I just assumed. I think leather dress is part of the old design, where NOTHING touched astral e.g. Divine Armor which supposedly grants +X resist to ALL, does NOT affect astral!

The crystal ball was part of the gift pack and part of the new "resist astral" paradigm.

Thanks for double checking!

It is probably because magic shield lowers the Raw damage before resistances and such are calculated?

And, the restored units from Sacrifice probably calculates right after magic shield, but right before affected resistances.

Oh no... don't have them remove it. This is awesome. :)