10-19-2010, 07:04 PM
GRRRRRRRR

Using a full army (5 units)

ckdamascus
10-19-2010, 07:39 PM
GRRRRRRRR

Using a full army (5 units)

Don't use a full army.

Don't have more than one unit in a single column.

Have one guy tank/hit with heavy physical resists.

Hit hard, and fast with ranged.

3 units is pretty good.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Don't use a full army.

Don't have more than one unit in a single column.

Have one guy tank/hit with heavy physical resists.

Hit hard, and fast with ranged.

3 units is pretty good.

thx for that, forgot that method from playing AP.

He can kill 3 of my trolls in one hit :(

EDIT

I'm lvl35 using Paladin hero and he stills does area attack I'm not strong enough for this fight yet.

ckdamascus
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
thx for that, forgot that method from playing AP.

He can kill 3 of my trolls in one hit :(

EDIT

I'm lvl35 using Paladin hero and he stills does area attack I'm not strong enough for this fight yet.

Actually, you need physical resistance items and level 3 stoneskine to try to reach 95% physical resist.

Although, I swear that even with that, he will still kill a paladin or two.

I beat it with
Paladins
Goblins
Orc Veterans

Only because I knew I could do enough damage to him so that I could setup ONE round to cast Prayer to revive all units in time. Also, because Orc Veterans get NO Retaliation if they get Level 3 Adrenaline. Thank you, Moldok + Onslaught. :)

Most people use Single Stack Troll, but even with resist items, I couldn't quite get it to avoid a loss.

You could try Divine Armor too, but it gets really mana intense, and you start to slowly lose.

I was really lucky and beat Driller in 7 rounds at Level 35 as a Warrior. :) No loss, Impossible. :)

BB Shockwave
10-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Did the DRiller get upgraded? I remember I killed that Boss on AP with no-loss easily. Hit him hard enough every round to retreat, then he does nothing but collapse the ceiling next round.

jake21
10-22-2010, 02:44 PM
He was pretty easy in my game but I tend to do him late. I still don't know how to kill Baal and Kthul with no losses but everything else was not very difficult (mage impossible).

Did the DRiller get upgraded? I remember I killed that Boss on AP with no-loss easily. Hit him hard enough every round to retreat, then he does nothing but collapse the ceiling next round.

ckdamascus
10-22-2010, 03:22 PM

I don't believe they did.

Your strategy is basically the same as mine. Do enough damage to force him to retreat, so the real battle is only that last "ceiling" fight.

atlatea
10-22-2010, 09:43 PM
I still don't know how to kill Baal and Kthul with no losses but everything else was not very difficult (mage impossible)

Againts k'tahu, just make him rarely/never use his mass attack, and you'll get easy no loss win. By the way, to do that, position your unit in front of his iron claw attack area, though 1 stack won't 100% guarantee no mass attack, but 2 stacks will 100 % guarantee it, and to make it more guaranteed, have 1 attacker always on the blind spot attack (hexagon which is in front of his normal claw). Summoning unit might be the best option to do this (since you don't want your real stacks to get hit by k'tahu insane physical dmg)

Imo Baal is easier than k'tahu (weaker mass attack) and you have bill gilbert.

jake21
10-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Yea but what troupes do you use ? For k'tahu i avoid the iron claw but maybe that's the problem and I should stick some thorns or something there...

Againts k'tahu, just make him rarely/never use his mass attack, and you'll get easy no loss win. By the way, to do that, position your unit in front of his iron claw attack area, though 1 stack won't 100% guarantee no mass attack, but 2 stacks will 100 % guarantee it, and to make it more guaranteed, have 1 attacker always on the blind spot attack (hexagon which is in front of his normal claw). Summoning unit might be the best option to do this (since you don't want your real stacks to get hit by k'tahu insane physical dmg)

Imo Baal is easier than k'tahu (weaker mass attack) and you have bill gilbert.

atlatea
10-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Dryad, rune mage, hunter, black dragon, and paladin (i'm not a fan of Black knight tactic or any single stack tactic or orc/goblin/undead). For spells, i use phantom and calm rage (sometimes stoneskin on runemage). Well, if i don't have scale set or any good phys. resistance item, stone skin is a must.

I forgot something, perhaps you should not summon too many stacks because it seems to encourage him to use mass attack even with all 3 hexs in front of iron claw occupied, though i'm not 100% sure about this. Another thing, try to quickly clear all lizardman stacks, it seems to lessen the chance of mass attack, because it seems to encourage him to summon more lizardman, though once again, i'm not 100% sure about this (because it's just according to logic/probability assumption).

BB Shockwave
10-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Ktahu will ALWAYS move away next round if you attack him on his blind spot. So, if you have units with very high initiative (I used Hayterants hatched from eggs) you can pretty much ensure he never attacks you, as long as you have this unit parked in the blind spot. He will summon new units every time he moves to the next spot, but that's all.

atlatea
10-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Not always, check it again.

In my games, even if i parked a unit at his blind spot, he can still does his mass attack.

ckdamascus
10-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Not always, check it again.

In my games, even if i parked a unit at his blind spot, he can still does his mass attack.

Yeah it is a Dark Science. I only beat Ktahu with my heavy ranged team, no loss because my royal griffin barely hit his blind spot so he went running.

Yet, there were times when he would still do it. I really don't like fighting bosses. :) Haha.

BB Shockwave
10-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I meant, when you hit him in the blind spot. As he'll retaliate, but not hit the unit that attacked him - I guess that is what makes him move. Just parking a unit there doesn't.

I killed him at second try with no-loss, after I figured out how this works. He only got one mass-attack off in the beginning.

I found Bhaal more problematic, as he does horrible mass damage, and there is no way to stop him, plus his retaliation is a killer. I killed him by only using 1 troop of around 325 Gorguls, then Phantoming the heck out of them. I could thus attack Bhaal by attacking the demons he summons in front of him- the Gorguls will damage Bhaal through them, and he cannot retaliate. PLus as a warrior, it was easier on Mana to time-back just one troop.

jake21
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Naw; I've parked armies at the blind spot and hit him and he does not move every time. I'd much rather he moved than used other attacks (area, spawn) which he does fairly frequently when I am parked at the blind spot and hitting.

I meant, when you hit him in the blind spot. As he'll retaliate, but not hit the unit that attacked him - I guess that is what makes him move. Just parking a unit there doesn't.

I killed him at second try with no-loss, after I figured out how this works. He only got one mass-attack off in the beginning.

I found Bhaal more problematic, as he does horrible mass damage, and there is no way to stop him, plus his retaliation is a killer. I killed him by only using 1 troop of around 325 Gorguls, then Phantoming the heck out of them. I could thus attack Bhaal by attacking the demons he summons in front of him- the Gorguls will damage Bhaal through them, and he cannot retaliate. PLus as a warrior, it was easier on Mana to time-back just one troop.

atlatea
10-25-2010, 04:43 PM

Nope, all retaliations, be it from boss or normal creatures never count as move.

When you hit k'tahu at blind spot, he retaliate but he still move, why? remember, he move first (before all of your units).

Hitting k'tahu at blind spot or just parking a unit there won't guarantee no mass attack at next round.

And remember that K'tahu can't switch position 2 times in a row, after he switch his position, it will be either mass attack or summoning or attacking units in front of him (only if you place 1 or more stack in front of his iron claw).

Baal mass attack is fire damage, fire resist items are plenty, just have 40 or 50 fire resistance is enough.

But baal sword throw attack is physical damage, indeed it has insane damage. Yet it can be avoided.

Baal sword throw only prioritize 3 units that is positioned adjacent to each other (unless there are no such condition, then it will be pure random), so make sure you have your unit never poisitioned like that (including you and Bill gilbert's).

Baal is much easier than k'tahu. For no loss win againts baal, i use the same setup againts k'tahu except i switch black dragon with green dragon. My paladin and green dragon attack baal head on, combined with stone skin and divine armor, and i also constantly phantom paladin (in case baal use sword throw, he will always hit paladin, paladin and green dragon), his damage and retaliation is pure joke (highest is less than 100 on green dragon and paladin), sword throw about 500 to both. Much much easier than k'tahu.